Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? (66413 Views)

What Country Can I Migrate To With 7 Million Naira / Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? / Please Help, Where Can I Start My Education Afresh With 14M Naira Savings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by Kay100: 3:34pm On Feb 15, 2021
mich2012:

I weak when I see am. The way people give out incorrect information authoritatively is alarming.

With boldness cheesy
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by Aguogba(m): 3:35pm On Feb 15, 2021
7M is little for undergraduate IT degree in those countries.
Yeah, without a scholarship, you need at least 8 (Semesters) X 8k CAD =64,000CAD for a 4 year degree as an international student. UK will be equal or greater than that same amount.
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by Kay100: 3:38pm On Feb 15, 2021
Gabbriell:

It is very annoying if you have had someone in thesame shoe. Even if it is my relative I will insult him. Even the Bible uses the word foolish to address certain people. Most Nigerians will have 10million naira and will start running abroad thinking everything is bread and butter there.

I have had a friend of mine..a very good friend deported due to this very same issue. In Germany, I have come across same issue a few time. You will see them critically begging for assistance like their life depended on it. It is very very annoying.

The family of that my friend back then in Nigeria had to sell their land and family properties just for nothing.

You've a point but why was ur friend deported?
And do u live in Germany?
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 15, 2021
Bet9jaVirtual:
Which kind business you do get 7 million?

As long as it’s not fraud, I am interested.
Can I send you a pm??
Rollover of 10 odd
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by raphy(m): 3:40pm On Feb 15, 2021
No be small money be that o..

Guy make u help you invest it just give me 500k inside I will set a like 2 barbing salon in different location make it dope and be paying you weekly basis.

If you want to think about am still here check my profile hv Been here since I was 15yrs. Old
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by Shanid(m): 3:41pm On Feb 15, 2021
adeshna:
Advice

Your age is disadvantage if you want to study in Canada even for MSC. 30 below is best for quick admission into MSC not to talk BSC.

UK is not advice able. A lot of limitations. 7m is too small even for a course not to talk of I.T or physiotherapy. You need scholarship or solid sponsorship. But your age is disadvantage. You want to go for first degree. Thats a no.

Depend on your field, you can try Canada but not on education. Get a job offer from any organization unskilled labor then you can enroll on certificate courses there that will give you a certification of a specific skill to get skilled jobs.

With time you can get a permanent residency.

Your age is not advice able for undergraduate study so you won't waste your money.

You can try other countries in Europe but get answers to your age first.

How many years did it take you to work for 7m. If you earn around 500k monthly or more, you have a family financially stable, bro its better you stay and get a family first before you consider traveling.

Traveling without first degree or a wanted skill is like slavery for anyone earning 400-500k monthly in Nigeria. It will take time for you to stabilize over there.
How can one get a job offer in canada sir ?
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by ec0malchemist(m): 3:43pm On Feb 15, 2021
Originalsly:

Go US.... auto mechanic... return home... you will make millions. Supply and demand...... there is a hugeeeeeee demand for certified mechanics who an work on newer cars..... but the supply is sooooo limited. Knowledge is power.... scarce knowledge even more power.

lol, getting into US ain't easy as it seems at that age.

Plus how does one go about the auto mechanic craftsmanship when he gets there ?

1 Like

Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by MartinsD12(m): 3:46pm On Feb 15, 2021
MufasaLion:

Point of correction. I haven't seen a scenario where money was ever wasted on education. Education/Knowledge is golden irrespective of the age you acquire it.
Scale of preference here, 36 years should be thinking of settling down, 7 million on abroad education is it really worth it?
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by MufasaLion: 3:49pm On Feb 15, 2021
MartinsD12:

Scale of preference here, 36 years should be thinking of settling down, 7 million on abroad education is it really worth it?

It's his decision to make. I only gave advise.

1 Like

Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 15, 2021
Oluwa18:
A little back story.
I am a 36 YO guy with no university certificate, was too wayward to finish school in FUTO then, left school in my 2nd year for a 4 year course.

Tried my hands on business years later and currently have 7M naira saved.
Now, I want to go for degree and eventually start a family .
I am considering seeking admission in a UK or Canadian school. Luckily, I have sponsors .

For a guy of my age , looking to study IT related course or physiotherapy and eventually seeking residency, would you recommend UK or Canada?
Please I need supported answers.

Thank you all.

Don't go abroad.... it's not rosy anywhere.

School in Nigeria with N1m and establish yourself with the rest N6m after graduation.

Don't waste your money travelling abroad
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 15, 2021
MartinsD12:

It is not worth it. In fact, Op asked a childish question. Imagine wasting N7m just to travel abroad. School in Nigeria, Bells University Ota, and save the rest N5m.
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by Goldenson076(m): 3:52pm On Feb 15, 2021
If I may ask, what kind of business did u engage in for you to save #7m.
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by MufasaLion: 3:53pm On Feb 15, 2021
Readyourbook:

It is not worth it. In fact, Op asked a childish question. Imagine wasting N7m just to travel abroad. School in Nigeria, Bells University Ota, and save the rest N5m.

Please, did you read and understand my post or you just read just to comment?. Kindly read it again.
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by MartinsD12(m): 3:54pm On Feb 15, 2021
MufasaLion:

It's his decision to make. I only gave advise.
That's my humble opinion also, I believe he is picking all the opinion here, whatever biz he is doing to raise 7mil shouldn't be taken for granted, like he said he will go for degree and eventually start a family that's very important, for me the degree can wait, money must be made, family has to be raised.

1 Like

Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by WoundedLamb: 3:55pm On Feb 15, 2021
BigDawsNet:

US visa is required for a Canadian passport holder

No, it's not. It's only required for Canadian PR card holder. Please, correct your post to avoid public misinformation.

3 Likes

Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by MartinsD12(m): 3:58pm On Feb 15, 2021
Readyourbook:

Exactly my point, it's a total waste, my point is he can get a degree far lesser here with 2mil put that 5mil for him business or probably raise a family since time it's no longer on his side, 36 years no be pikin unless he is sure him go fit get better work there while doing the degree but it's not always as easy as it sounds.

1 Like

Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by WoundedLamb: 4:03pm On Feb 15, 2021
georgeakins:
People should stop asking stupid and fake questions here. If you have a job that can fetch you N7m savings , you would not be thinking of relocating outside Nigeria.

You didn't care to know how long it took him to save up that amount though. He's 36. He's been working since dropped out of school probably 16 years ago (assuming be was 20 in his second year). The question is, is 7m savings in a period of 16 years enough to make one abandon any plan of moving out of the country?

1 Like

Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by MufasaLion: 4:09pm On Feb 15, 2021
MartinsD12:

That's my humble opinion also, I believe he is picking all the opinion here, whatever biz he is doing to raise 7mil shouldn't be taken for granted, like he said he will go for degree and eventually start a family that's very important, for me the degree can wait, money must be made, family has to be raised.

Nobody knows how he made the money. Nobody knows how long it took him to make it. That said, y'all shouldn't then conclude that he should continue the business. The two bolded factors above should be considered before suggesting the continuation of business with regards to his age.

Yes, I concur with your opinion that money should be made but I think y'all should stop pushing family must be raised issue on him. Making family is not the ultimate goal in life but if anyone's to go into marriage he/she should have steady and reliable source of income to take care of a family. Nigeria current state of economy should be considered here.

The OP is interested more in education which I surely support also. Even if it's ND or HND it's something. Along the way he can decide to marry but he shouldn't leave one for another.

NB : Y'all saying he should marry now and leave education will still end up telling him in the future that he should not worry about education again as he's getting old and he should focus on his kids

I strongly support anyone that's willing to leave this country for a better life. Gooday!

7 Likes

Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by chaloskyx: 4:16pm On Feb 15, 2021
CANADA BUT YOUR MONEY IS TOO SMALL AND WONT GET YOU INTO THEIR SCHOOLS ALSO BEFORE THEY GIVE YOU A STUDY VISA YOU HAVE TO PROVE TO THEM THAT YOU HAVE STRONG TIES IN NIGERIA AND AFTER YOUR STUDY YOU WOULD BE COMING BACK HOME IF NOT YOU WOULD ALWAYS BE DENIED A STUDY VISA EVEN IF YOU GET ADMISSION
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by Goco(m): 4:23pm On Feb 15, 2021
Just follow your mind because you might get confused with all the responses here. By the way, make sure you are healthy and free from any Ailment and under laying sicknesses that might hinder you in life.

Do u know ur Cells are dying daily?
Do u know as your Cells are dying daily, ur Organs starts failing and damaging gradually without u knowing and as it is damaging your Organs and it will get it a point it goes beyound repair. Then the Doctors will tell u that u have Kidney Failure, Liver Problem, Diabetes, Heart Problem, Prostrate Issue, Brain Problem, Cancers and so many other Degenerative Diseases. Please you all need to act now especially does in these category.

Your only Remedy is Stem Cells. People in these category need Stem Cells to Regenerate the Dead Cells in those organs before it becomes too late and also Repair those Damaged Organs before they finally given up the ghost.

To know more about it, click here

https://www.nairaland.com/6343890/how-phytoscience-stem-cell-therapy
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by MartinsD12(m): 4:26pm On Feb 15, 2021
MufasaLion:

Nobody knows how he made the money. Nobody knows how long it took him to make it. That said, y'all shouldn't then conclude that he should continue the business. The two bolded factors above should be considered before suggesting the continuation of business with regards to his age.

Yes, I concur with your opinion that money should be made but I think y'all should stop pushing family must be raised issue on him. Making family is not the ultimate goal in life but if anyone's to go into marriage he/she should have steady and reliable source of income to take care of a family. Nigeria current state of economy should be considered here.

The OP is interested more in education which I surely support also. Even if it's ND or HND it's something. Along the way he can decide to marry but he shouldn't leave one for another.

NB : Y'all saying he should marry now and leave education will still end up telling him in the future that he should not worry about education again as he's getting old and he should focus on his kids

I strongly support anyone that's willing to leave this country for a better life. Gooday!
It's not true I know some married people who are in school today and they are doing fine, well it's left for him to decide but for me let him at least get a side work over there abroad while studying he can be working also, he should include that in his plan
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by MufasaLion: 4:28pm On Feb 15, 2021
MartinsD12:

It's not true I know some married people who are in school today and they are doing fine, well it's left for him to decide but for me let him at least get a side work over there abroad while studying he can be working also, he should include that in his plan

Which part is not true? Kindly read my post again and digest. Thanks
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by MartinsD12(m): 4:30pm On Feb 15, 2021
MufasaLion:

Which part is not true? Kindly read my post again and digest. Thanks
I already said it there the part you said if he eventually gets married we will still advise him to raise his kids and abandon education I said its not true because I know many married people in the university today studying
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by MufasaLion: 4:32pm On Feb 15, 2021
MartinsD12:

I already said it there the part you said if he eventually gets married we will still advise him to raise his kids and abandon education I said its not true because I know many married people in the university today studying

Alright then.
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by MartinsD12(m): 4:35pm On Feb 15, 2021
MufasaLion:

Alright then.
cool
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 15, 2021
OKVALLY:
You have not started having family at 36, are you planning that at 45 years old?
Na redpiller
All girls are bitch lol
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by MufasaLion: 4:38pm On Feb 15, 2021
OKVALLY:
You have not started having family at 36, are you planning that at 45 years old?

Let him be
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 15, 2021
Oluwa18:
A little back story.
I am a 36 YO guy with no university certificate, was too wayward to finish school in FUTO then, left school in my 2nd year for a 4 year course.

Tried my hands on business years later and currently have 7M naira saved.
Now, I want to go for degree and eventually start a family .
I am considering seeking admission in a UK or Canadian school. Luckily, I have sponsors .

For a guy of my age , looking to study IT related course or physiotherapy and eventually seeking residency, would you recommend UK or Canada?
Please I need supported answers.

Thank you all.
Stop seeking advice from nairaland people wey never leave their state ..
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by RPG2020(m): 4:43pm On Feb 15, 2021
900warriorz:
Hmmmm...my brother, at the end of the day, it is all about making money and giving yourself the kind of life no one can ever give you. If na business you dey do and it is bringing you solid money, continue your business and enroll in a private university here.

E go shock you say your sponsors will leave you halfway when they see the bills...plus, I wont advise you to spend your hard earned money trying to get a degree you'd still be using to job hunt at 36.

Or better still, give me the money make I help you invest am grin

Was kind of investment will you use 7m for and can you pay back with interest
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by Gabbriell: 4:44pm On Feb 15, 2021
Kay100:

You've a point but why was ur friend deported?
And do u live in Germany?

Not currently. I was staying in Germany when the issue of my friend happened.

He was deported for financial reasons. He called me several times B4 the issue got out of hand to help him but i didn't have much and my uncle who could help him refuse to even listen to me because he is so used to cases like that.

I don't want to speak bad of my friend b/c he is no longer alive with us. But the annoying part was that b/4 everything he told me about his plan to go UK for schooling with the hope of finding other stuffs to do even if it is playing football (he was a very good baller). I told him it was a bad idea because then he was already in the university about finishing 100L. Long story short..he later found someone who lead him astray with false promises and poor financial calculation. He was in Scotland for a little over a year and couldn't bear the financial expenses anymore...that was when he started calling me. Thankfully with support from the family back home..he was safely back in Nigeria. He told me he wasted a roughly 10m.

Why this thread annoyed me is that while in Germany, a lot of Nigerian folks there were making more money from Nigeria than Nigerians living in Nigeria. In fact, my uncle main income comes from Nigeria. U have a lot of land...very cheap in rural areas. A simple well-laid investment could turn your life around. Yet u see people with 10-20m running abroad to go and invest...tell me, is that not foolishness?. Well enough said sha...but I wish Nigerians could wise up.

1 Like

Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by Coinbased: 4:49pm On Feb 15, 2021
ok
Re: After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? by Kay100: 4:54pm On Feb 15, 2021
Gabbriell:

Not currently. I was staying in Germany when the issue of my friend happened.

He was deported for financial reasons. He called me several times B4 the issue got out of hand to help him but i didn't have much and my uncle who could help him refuse to even listen to me because he is so used to cases like that.

I don't want to speak bad of my friend b/c he is no longer alive with us. But the annoying part was that b/4 everything he told me about his plan to go UK for schooling with the hope of finding other stuffs to do even if it is playing football (he was a very good baller). I told him it was a bad idea because then he was already in the university about finishing 100L. Long story short..he later found someone who lead him astray with false promises and poor financial calculation. He was in Scotland for a little over a year and couldn't bear the financial expenses anymore...that was when he started calling me. Thankfully with support from the family back home..he was safely back in Nigeria. He told me he wasted a roughly 10m.

Why this thread annoyed me is that while in Germany, a lot of Nigerian folks there were making more money from Nigeria than Nigerians living in Nigeria. In fact, my uncle main income comes from Nigeria. U have a lot of land...very cheap in rural areas. A simple well-laid investment could turn your life around. Yet u see people with 10-20m running abroad to go and invest...tell me, is that not foolishness?. Well enough said sha...but I wish Nigerians could wise up.

Now I understand u better bro, u get valid point but sometimes u know say wetin go work for A fit no work for B..na grace of God we need in whatever we do...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Night View Of The Water Fountain At Abule Egba Jubilee Bridge(pics) / Couple Fall To Their Death While Taking A Seaside Selfie In Portugal (Photos) / Photos Of 8 Edo Indigenes Who Died In Fatal Accident On Return From Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.