Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,560 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? (25011 Views)

Fayose Better Than Other Nigerian Politician - Photos Speak / Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra / Igbo Women Visit Iara Oshiomole In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by fstranger3(m): 6:26am On Apr 08, 2011
tpiah!:

i[b]t's quite possible igbos might have more female engineers than the southwest.[/b]

though once again, i'm not sure.

Did you ever study Engineering in a Nigerian institution?

If no, then STFU
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Pweety4me(f): 6:26am On Apr 08, 2011
Y is it always igbo's & yoruba's ? plse get a grip!
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by EzeUche(m): 6:27am On Apr 08, 2011
Why is [b]fstranger [/b]getting upset? The data points towards Igbo women educational achievement, BBC points to Igbo women literacy rates. The number of Igbo women in high profile positions. The list is just endless.

However, I want to know why some Yorubas enjoy competing with the Igbos? A healthy competition is good in my opinion.  cool
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by ektbear: 6:27am On Apr 08, 2011
Pweety4me:

We love each other

Or hate, I dunno which
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by ektbear: 6:28am On Apr 08, 2011
EzeUche: This is the same BBC data. . . or rather, where they pilfered it from
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by EzeUche(m): 6:28am On Apr 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

We love each other

Or hate, I dunno which

I think your people have a love/hate relationship with the Igbo.

Igbos are simply suspicious of the Yoruba to be honest.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Pweety4me(f): 6:29am On Apr 08, 2011
^^Yes love hate. . .but it's stu.pidty tho we should be able to 'collaborate' together as 1 nigeria. . . tribalist nonsense shiorrr
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 6:30am On Apr 08, 2011
Pweety4me:

Because they always like to measure up to Yorubas. It is like a sibling rivalry, but Yorubas always have the upper hand.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 6:30am On Apr 08, 2011
fstranger3:

Did you ever study Engineering in a Nigerian institution?

If no, then STFU

duh!!!!!!!!!

stop sounding so daft!!!

who conducts research- is it people within a system or someone outside a system!!

hiss.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by fstranger3(m): 6:30am On Apr 08, 2011
EzeUche:

Why is fstranger [/b]getting upset? [b]The data points towards Igbo women educational achievement, BBC points to Igbo women literacy rates. The number of Igbo women in high profile positions. The list is just endless.

However, I want to know why some Yorubas enjoy competing with the Igbos? A healthy competition is good in my opinion.  cool

Ode. Statistically, there is no difference between 80 and 81. It is dead even as far as sane and reasonable people are concerned.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by ektbear: 6:30am On Apr 08, 2011
What is the deal with Kwara? Why is it doing so poorly? It is pretty much a Yoruba state. Why the low literacy levels?
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by fstranger3(m): 6:31am On Apr 08, 2011
tpiah!:

duh!!!!!!!!!

stop sounding so daft!!!

who conducts research- is it people within a system or someone outside a system!!

hiss.

What a smart comment. Now go back to romance!
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by henry101(m): 6:32am On Apr 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

He needs to take away the corruption in the education sector, upgrade our curriculum/ technologies etc.

[b]Does anyone know the close estimation of Ekiti people in Lagos? Maybe that's what helped their numbers grin Ekiti Doctors are the most high paid doctor in lagos (fact, I made a thread about that a while ago), so I'm sure they contribute a lot to Lagos' population/academic statistics.[/b]Ogun's # has got to be a joke.

What do you need it for?

If you ask for the estimation of ekiti ppl in Lagos, then It will be right to ask for the estimation of other ethnic group in lagos.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 6:32am On Apr 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

What is the deal with Kwara? Why is it doing so poorly? It is pretty much a Yoruba state. Why the low literacy levels?

Too many koranic schools, I guess.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 6:32am On Apr 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

High number of Northerners. Even tho Kwara is a Yoruba state, it's mixed with non Yorubas. High numbers of Northerners tends to lower one's state's literacy rate.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 6:33am On Apr 08, 2011
Ekiti Doctors are the most high paid doctor in lagos

highly debatable, since salary structure isnt based on ethnicity.

overall, i think ogun probably produces the highest number of doctors in the southwest.

at least they used to.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by EzeUche(m): 6:33am On Apr 08, 2011
fstranger3:

Ode. Statistically, there is no difference between 80 and 81. It is dead even as far as sane and reasonable people are concerned.

Let us be honest with ourselves. The Yorubas were quick to embrace Western education before the Igbos, because the Europeans were based Yorubaland far earlier than in Igboland.

In just a few generations, we Igbos have caught up or should I say surpass the Yoruba in many aspects in terms of education.

It is the competitive drive of the Ndigbo which is deeply rooted in our culture.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Pweety4me(f): 6:34am On Apr 08, 2011
Aigbofa:

Because they always like to measure up to Yorubas. It is like a sibling rivalry, but Yorubas always have the upper hand.

Measure in what way? what r we measuring?food?jewelry?rituals grin lipsrsealed are u not all nigerians? undecided
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by fstranger3(m): 6:34am On Apr 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

High number of Northerners. Even tho Kwara is a Yoruba state, it's mixed with non Yorubas. High numbers of Northerners tends to lower one's state's literacy rate.

Are you just trolling?
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 6:35am On Apr 08, 2011
henry101:

What do you need it for?

If you ask for the estimation of ekiti ppl in Lagos, then It will be right to ask for the estimation of other ethnic group in lagos.

I need it because Ekiti people, esp Youths, don't stay in Ekiti state for education. They usually spread out. Amongst the Yorubas, I'd say Ekiti people travel out more.

So the number of Ekiti people in other state is pretty significant for my curiosity.

I wonder how Ekiti state's literacy rate is very high, knowing that most of the students travel out.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by EzeUche(m): 6:35am On Apr 08, 2011
Aigbofa:

Who is measuring up to the Yoruba? It seems like the Yorubas in this thread are measuring up to the Igbos.

Even the author of the article who is a Yoruba man from an esteemed lineage wants to know the secret to Igbo women's success.

The Igbos remain an enigma. To the Europeans, to neighboring African groups, even to the Igbos themselves.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by fstranger3(m): 6:36am On Apr 08, 2011
The data is suspect

Osun cant be more literate than Ondo, that beats conventional wisdom.

I say the data is flawed prolly prepared by an Igbo.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Pweety4me(f): 6:36am On Apr 08, 2011
What's so special about ekiti people sef? who r they? undecided tongue
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 6:37am On Apr 08, 2011
Pweety4me:

Measure in what way? what r we measuring?food?jewelry?rituals grin lipsrsealed are u not all nigerians? undecided

Well, techically yes, but some call themselves Biafrans.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by EzeUche(m): 6:37am On Apr 08, 2011
fstranger3:

The data is suspect

Osun cant be more literate than Ondo, that beats conventional wisdom.

I say the data is flawed prolly prepared by an Igbo.

The paranoia is getting to you. Is the Igbo specter scaring you again?  grin

Even your brethren are starting to notice it.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 6:38am On Apr 08, 2011
tpiah!:

highly debatable, since salary structure isnt based on ethnicity.

overall, i think ogun probably produces the highest number of doctors in the southwest.

at least they used to.

Used to. Recent stats  (let me find that thread gan sef) confirmed it.  

Pweety4me:

LOL Tha's like asking "what color is a banana". Answer is so obvious  tongue
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by ektbear: 6:39am On Apr 08, 2011
Aigbofa:

Too many koranic schools, I guess.

Those koranic schools need to be banned. I dunno. Even in catholic schools I know, don't you spend at most 1 hr a day on religion? You then spend the other 7 or 8 on real academics. Studying religion all day in school will put you too far behind in life  undecided
Ileke-IdI:

Kwara is probably 70%+ Yoruba. So cannot pin it down on non-Yoruba. The #s are too low. . . leadership needs to step up their game.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 08, 2011
Pweety4me:

Ekt bear, Ileke- Idi. Over to you.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 6:40am On Apr 08, 2011
But for real, who has not met an Ekiti person out of Ekiti State and Nigeria?

They're everywhere in large quantities.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Pweety4me(f): 6:41am On Apr 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

LOL Tha's like asking "what color is a banana". Answer is so obvious  tongue

What colour r u? is it not chocolate? tongue
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by asorocker: 6:41am On Apr 08, 2011
Igbo ladies have been beaten the world in other areas too like sports , first nigerian gold medalist is chioma Ajunwa an igbo lady.

An igbo lady won gold for britain in olympic.

African female soccer champions the falcon is 99% igbo . Also world second best after german female team.
They are also good in entertainment nollywood, music industry, business.

They yoruba ladies aren't just a match for them , stop the comparism ,you can compare them with germans or japanes or chinese.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by EzeUche(m): 6:41am On Apr 08, 2011
Ebonyi state has embarrassed the Ndigbo.  angry

They can focus on farming and be literate at the same time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Strikes In Gombe State On New Year’s Eve / Picture Of Amaechi, Tinubu, Akpabio, Ngige All With 4+4 / Kayode Ogundamisi Mocks Ezekwesili For Withdrawing From Presidential Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.