Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,906 members, 7,824,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? (54386 Views)

I Caught My Brother’s Wife Having Sex With Another Man In Their Sitting Room / My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night / Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by SeriouslySense(m): 10:26pm On Feb 16, 2021
iamGholdaniel:
I am angry right now,
My brother’s wife is so full of pain, whenever she sight me.
I don’t know where this hatred is coming from, today she did worst than before.
a male friend visited, and [s]I went to the kitchen to cook and serve him[/s].

After my friend left she started ranting, and I shouted back at her.

She packed out my belongings , and she started throwing my bags and other stuffs outside.
She locked the house entrance and left with the keys

I decided to stay calm and wait for my brother to come back.

Because everything my brother own, we both struggled for it.

Please find common ground with her, don't argue with your brother Wife.

What was she even ranting about----------------------------

If possible look for a place to stay by yourself, or stop bringing your friends to the house, to avoid such, however, i forsee more trouble, since you and her do not work as a team.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by franchasng: 10:27pm On Feb 16, 2021
sanpipita:
Women dey see nonsense in this thing called marriage in Nigeria, go and ask a white woman if she has right to kick you out of her husband's house.
western culture, oyimbo culture is different from Nigerian culture.

In Nigeria, we practice family life, communal life. We are not Americans nor Europeans. There are things they do bad that we cannot do as a result of our culture also

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by LordErrk: 10:27pm On Feb 16, 2021
Ogbeni go and make your money and leave another man's family alone

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Commotfornigeri: 10:28pm On Feb 16, 2021
Nwodosis:
which right do you have to go and open a married woman's pot to serve not even yourself but a friend? .

Calm down. He made the meal.

Let's not pretend that all homes are perfect. In some settings, they share compound kitchen and toilet.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Faithfulness88: 10:28pm On Feb 16, 2021
African culture with living with our married siblings oh Baba God bless every body.Take heart eh.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by banmee(m): 10:28pm On Feb 16, 2021
Mokason288:

You are very funny

Where are you from?

If your brothers wife could shoot you, I’m sorry to say this ....

Your brother is an A$$

There should be boundaries every where, I feel it’s wrong to go into her kitchen

But she doesn’t have any right to throw his things outside... that decision is for the brother

I HOPE I MADE SENSE

No you didn't. It is only in places like Nigeria where you can enter a married man's house just because you are related. This is why Nigeria and it's people are no different from pre historic animals. Just so you know, whatever is his is also hers.

3 Likes

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by izubext007: 10:28pm On Feb 16, 2021
No, but if only she controls ur brother or she contributed earnestly in the building of the house that is unknown to u people .
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by zjescomltd(m): 10:28pm On Feb 16, 2021
if you were to be my own Broda my wife has no right whatsoever to throw your luggage from my house, if she dare try that she must personally apologize or I call the marriage off and that's period.

8 Likes

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by heendrix(m): 10:28pm On Feb 16, 2021
Bola146:
If that is what you did, i don't see anything you did nothing wrong unless they are still struggling. You can't force her out of your brother's house, he knew her wella before they got married. I'll just advise you to just keep calm, it's a matter of time. Karma is a bastard, if she behaves bad knowingly to his husband's family, she will surely reap it, it's not a curse. Just ignore her.

I've been noticing ur comment, You seem different from the normal average 9ja girls thinking.....you must be a special one

3 Likes

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 10:28pm On Feb 16, 2021
Bola146:
If that is what you did, i don't see anything you did nothing wrong unless they are still struggling. You can't force her out of your brother's house, he knew her wella before they got married. I'll just advise you to just keep calm, it's a matter of time. Karma is a bastard, if she behaves bad knowingly to his husband's family, she will surely reap it, it's not a curse. Just ignore her.

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Reference(m): 10:29pm On Feb 16, 2021
Yes.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by qtguru(m): 10:29pm On Feb 16, 2021
Mokason288:

Where are you from?

I will understand your point better

Once I know you’re Yoruba

lol or Ijebu Ode people
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 16, 2021
iamGholdaniel:
I am angry right now,
a male friend visited, and I went to the kitchen to cook and serve him.

She packed out my belongings , and she started throwing my bags and other stuffs outside.

If you're not in your father's house or you're not contributing to paying the rent of where you live, you're a bloody leech.

And yes, your brother's wife is your madam, whether you're older than her or not. As long as you live under her roof, you're a disposable disturbance.

My 2 cents to you - Grow up! Rent your own place and live however you want.

3 Likes

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by AliAgbede22(m): 10:30pm On Feb 16, 2021
Only with the help of ur brother
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by khalids: 10:31pm On Feb 16, 2021
Apparently, people don't understand boundaries...

First of all you are a guest in that house, it is your brother as well as his wife's house.

As an example to clarify this situation in your mind......Just look back into your father's house, just imagine that your uncle or aunty just be entering your mothers' kitchen and be dishing food anyhow and even serving their own visitor without even taken permission from your mother...and then when your mother confronts them they will then be claiming right.....

Take it from this example and judge your actions

7 Likes

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 16, 2021
illicit:
Well....

Why can't u stay in your own house
As in, people too like wahala. Rent an apartment and stay, no, until you squat with your brother and his wife and their problems.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by pocohantas(f): 10:32pm On Feb 16, 2021
Any Nigerian in-law that makes these two statements;

1: Calling a family house “MY BROTHER’S HOUSE”

2: Telling you how they suffered with their brother before you came in...

Is most likely a very troublesome, disrespectful, entitled, egoistic, irrational, unmanageable and petty in-law.

OP used those two statements with so much effrontery. Tells a lot about him. Anyone supporting you should take you in and you try that nonsense with their wives, let’s see how many days you last there.

Make no mistakes, the problem is not the pot or the kitchen, that was just a trap and you fell into it. After all, she knew you wouldn’t come into her room or try to touch her butt. So, she waited for you in the kitchen.

After taking tramadol with your U-27 friends, you come home and start rubbing shoulders with her. You must be sick in the head.

Submit to your brother’s wife and control that your sharp mouth.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Benwallt(m): 10:32pm On Feb 16, 2021
She even have the right to decide whether you shld live or die. Gerara dere biissh
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by banmee(m): 10:33pm On Feb 16, 2021
24kmagic:
I hope and pray for a good sister in-law in the future, I really do. But in the event that we don't like each other, there's going to be some serious troubles.

I will try as much as possible not to encroach her space. But in the case of kitchen affairs, she dare not.

Who told women that the kitchen belongs to them only? As if they even know how to cook mtcheew.
If my sister in-law tries this rubbish with me, I will make sure I frustrate her life as long as I live.

She'll never wish to step into our family house again I swear. Even that my brother I will deal with him.

The only people I will spare are their kids.

But both my brother and his wife will not have a happy marriage, cos I will turn the whole family against them.

Rubbish.

This is poverty talking.

2 Likes

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Sterope(f): 10:34pm On Feb 16, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy
pocohantas:

Is most likely a very troublesome, disrespectful, entitled, egoistic, irrational, unmanageable and petty in-law.

OP used those two statements with so much effrontery. Tells a lot about him. Anyone supporting you should take you in and you try that nonsense with their wives, let’s see how many days you last there.

Make no mistakes, the problem is not the pot or the kitchen, that was just a trap and you fell into it. After all, she knew you wouldn’t come into her room or try to touch her butt. So, she waited for you in the kitchen.

After taking tramadol with your U-27 friends, you come home and start rubbing shoulders with her. You must be sick in the head.

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by badonkadonk: 10:35pm On Feb 16, 2021
iamGholdaniel:
I am angry right now,

I see nothing wrong with what you did...

Though you shouldn't make it a habit..

The lady has issues of some sort
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by do4luv14(m): 10:36pm On Feb 16, 2021
Nwodosis:
Everything is your brother's own and both you worked for it? How?
My friend allow your brother's wife to enjoy her marriage, which right do you have to go and open a married woman's pot to serve not even yourself but a friend? You owe her an apology.

be like say to read Don taya you,

he cooked it himself, so wia you see am carry em BRI wifey food give em padi?
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by HopeVictor(m): 10:38pm On Feb 16, 2021
Hustle oh..make them no throw you out like trash

3 Likes

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by RICHSATAN: 10:38pm On Feb 16, 2021
yes peasant she does
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Sterope(f): 10:39pm On Feb 16, 2021
Exactly, where is his house?

Mindlog:
Sighs.....Since you said you were involved in the acquisition of everything your brother owns as you both struggled for it, then it is an indication you can earn.......go rent your own space.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by meltech(m): 10:39pm On Feb 16, 2021
E never reach u... ntooor ... no go settle down ... be there inconveniencing the woman
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Walkee: 10:40pm On Feb 16, 2021
cricifixo:
Bros its her house as long as she is legally married.
As for me o, i respect myself & also respect people's space. I strongly advice d op to do the same
lol if I'm the brother, she's definitely sleeping outside or going to her father's house. Even if it's my house help, she'd still go until she apologise. I can't be living in the same house with an arrogant fool

2 Likes

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by GistFullGround: 10:40pm On Feb 16, 2021

You dey craze?

Your brother ko, your brother ni.

Your family, your wife's family members all of una nor get any right on your brother and his wife.

Tell your brother that he should watch out so he can bounce her own people from hibernating with you guys!

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Sterope(f): 10:40pm On Feb 16, 2021
I don't think there is anything wrong in cooking and serving his guest. It is just food and kitchen.

Katier00:
Op it is very wrong of you to go into the kitchen of your brother's wife. Don't put your brother in the middle because he will definitely choose his wife over you. Respect yourself and tolerate more
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Bunsenbun(m): 10:41pm On Feb 16, 2021
pocohantas:

What if all he said were true?
Jumping into conclusions won't solve the issue at hand.So,if my younger brother contributed hugely to my success,I should forget and disregard him because I got married?

This is just crazy

3 Likes

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by babadee1(m): 10:41pm On Feb 16, 2021
iamGholdaniel:
I am angry right now,

Pls leave your brother's house and his family alone. You need to focus on building your own life and your own family. If truly you worked with your brother to help him build that is good but it doesn't mean that he owes you anything at all. It is time for you to go and do for yourself.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 10:41pm On Feb 16, 2021
Mokason288:

You are very funny

Where are you from?

If your brothers wife could shoot you, I’m sorry to say this ....

Your brother is an A$$

There should be boundaries every where, I feel it’s wrong to go into her kitchen

But she doesn’t have any right to throw his things outside... that decision is for the brother

I HOPE I MADE SENSE

No the guy is an a$$ because if he respects his brother then he'll treat his wife with respect. And what has where he's from got to do with anything? Nigerians sef.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Woman Took Her Drunk Husband To A Mortuary To Teach Him A Lesson / Woman Who Slept With Male Best Friend Following Quarrel With Husband, Seeks Help / Couple Displays The Names Of Those Allowed To Attend Their Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.