Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan (62207 Views)

Plateau Group Accuses Tallen, Dimka, Others Of Being PDP Mole In APC / Obasanjo: How I Survived Dimka Coup. Olu Bajowa Saved Me / Governor Akeredolu And Ayodele Adigun In 1976 Vs 2020 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by Btruth: 4:45pm On Feb 16, 2021
........ "beating the girl? Nigeria Police had been so unprofessional since time memorial.

Can you imagine?

Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by Reference(m): 4:46pm On Feb 16, 2021
Srillanka:
The man that killed our best president

Best President...?*#?!*?...hmmm, another vox populi...the kind bandied about before 2015...na so.

Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by Hassanmaye(m): 4:48pm On Feb 16, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Nigerian men plans are always ruined by sex and alcohol.

Good that all his plan didn't fall through.

A Typical Nigerian man will spend all his lifetime bedding different girls to prove that he is a man instead of finding the cure of Covid 19 so that he can patent it and be wealthy.

If i am lieing, try visit many of our various institutions, male lecturers are more interested in bedding female students instead of bringing out research to help improve their various fields of study and make a name.

Professor maurice iwu will always be my hero, no matter the ridicule and abuse, he still goes on to improve his field of study and make a name for himself.
I agree we have alot of Randy lecturers who hate male student while female student treat them like pigs they think we don't know
Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by professore(m): 4:54pm On Feb 16, 2021
Mmmmm
Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by Oktane: 5:00pm On Feb 16, 2021
Islie:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/1976-coup-how-sex-workers-ruined-dimkas-plan/

This story may not necessarily reflect the truth as it were. It makes the entire coup attempt rather simplistic. It could be the figment of the authors very fertile imagination.

We are talking about a putsh here and not some fairy tale. Even for the most helpless of philanderers going after women at that time is inconceivable. It is only natural that all his efforts would have been focused on escaping with the support of whoever were his sponsors or collaborators both local and foreign.

But then .......this is only my own opinion.

Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by Tokoz20: 5:06pm On Feb 16, 2021
Please how innocent was Murtala? That blood tasty vampire.

Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by ScamHunter: 5:14pm On Feb 16, 2021
festacman:
Late Bukar Sukar Dimka had ample time to cross the border into Cameroon but his lust for woman's anatomy stood in his way. Reading through his coup speech, it is obvious he had fleshy mammary dangling and caressing his back when he was scripting the incohorent write-up. Saying that "Curfew is imposed as from 6am to 6pm." is clear evidence of this. That's daytime curfew from morning to evening instead of the other way round.

Imagine having a character like Dimka in the State House if the coup had succeeded.

There hardly were decent military men in those days. Don't be surprised that Mohammed, Obasanjo and others were into alcohol and women as well. From what I read, Maimalari was the most respectable among the northern officers. The level of discipline is still reflecting on the army today as seen from their poor performance when it matters most but always bullying civilians. An army that's could have been defeated by poorly equipped Biafra without foreign help. An army that cannot defeat Boko Haram and bandits shows you there are fundamental flaws in what the British left behind. The bad news is that nothing is being done to make it a professional force. Compare with the Chadian army that showed us how a real fighting force behaves. In countries where the military are professional, you don't even see them in uniform outside their barracks.

Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by Babalegba(m): 5:17pm On Feb 16, 2021
Dpharisee:
According to sources, when General Samuel Ogbemudia painstakingly gathered the manuscripts used by the Biafra research and engineering unit after the war with a mindset that the victorious Nigeria side will use it to become a technological power house in Africa and presented it to the Armed Forces Ruling Council it was General Bisalla based on advice from Dimka who set it all on fire whilst screaming that the manuscripts was the reason the Biafrans were able to prolong the war.
Some of those Biafran engineers subsequently left the country to US to become lecturers and designers to the detriment of Nigeria.
Dimkas hatred for Igbos was the reason he suggested to Bisalla to burn those manuscripts and then he was exposed by Igbos in Abakaliki to Nigeria security agents.

Both Dimka and his boss Bisalla were executed for killing Murtala in the coup, Murtala whose dented image was repackaged by the Fulani loving British media was responsible for the Asaba massacre of Igbo men in anger over his defeat at Abagana in a well coordinated ambush by the rebels.

Sentiments and nepotism has really dealt with Nigeria, sorry for deviating from the main story.
I don't normally like to reply to you people's manufactured facts but I'd like to correct some misinformation.The war was not prolonged by any ibo science but was prolonged due to gowon's mistake in reading the map. The war should have ended in 1968 when captain Makanjuola went through two biafran divisions to seize oguta, the only place remaining where biafrans could get supplies from the sea.To hold the town,he needed his arms replenished but that did not happen because Nigerians then like as now are incompetent and Gowon did not resupply him so he had to use his remaining arms to fight his way out of what was fast becoming an encirclement.Had he been supplied the war would have ended in 1968 due to fatal biafran supply issues and all those starving biafran would not have starved. Secondly Muritalas combat troops got through at abagana, it was his service troops,non combatants that were killed.Truth is infinitely more important than fabrications.

Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by HolySword: 5:21pm On Feb 16, 2021
Positiveme2020:

I was shocked to read that as well. So brutalization is in their gene.
as in eh? I had to pause and reread that line. Seriously, which kind of logic is that?
Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by BreconHills(m): 5:31pm On Feb 16, 2021
Srillanka:

He wasn't the person that took the shot. He was the coup announcer. I am not sure either of the two who actually shout MM; Rabbo and Illyar were ever caught.
Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by Slynation(m): 5:31pm On Feb 16, 2021
Srillanka:
best president indeed, that was the story they sold to you....

Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by joseph1832(m): 5:32pm On Feb 16, 2021
Liposure:
Dimka paid the price for executing the greatest mass murderer the country has ever known.
oh really. How did you come about this?
Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by achinu(m): 5:35pm On Feb 16, 2021
From what I have read, the coup was doomed from the start.

Dimka didn't involve the usual coup plotters in the Nigerian army/ military in his plan to overthrow Murtala.

Dimka's plan was to restore Gowon back to power because they were both kinsmen.

Some bad blood had developed when Murtala overthrew Gowon and Dimka felt he was doing the right thing by overthrowing Murtala.

Dimka was also a heavy drinker which caused a lax in his judgements. When Banangida stomred the radio station where the overthrow announcement was made to arrest/ flush out the coup ploters, it was said that Banangida allowed Dimka to escape because they were buddies and had some history together.

Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 16, 2021
Pic of Dimka fuc..k the girl or I don't believe
Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 5:42pm On Feb 16, 2021
fashrola:

So Murtala was an Innocent man? You gotta read deep into Nigeria History and know that he was a "WAR CRIMINAL"
Mtcheew...is it Ojukwu that is not a war criminal undecided

Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by meobizy(f): 5:45pm On Feb 16, 2021
I have a friend whose father was a petty officer who undertook in a failed coup. It's funny to see the guy live from hand to mouth. I can not imagine how arrogant he would have turned if his father wasn't caught and executed.

Nothing concerns me with this piece of history. The man died and is mentioned only in history books. The ones alive today are lucky and are testaments to Nigerians' ability to forget things quickly. In the position of being a family member to the slain, I would rest at nothing to avenge my relative.

Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by joefelin2345: 5:47pm On Feb 16, 2021
emmnprince:

What is your reason or what yardstick did you use to measure him before you concluded that he is our best president?
The same .....could have been described as the best President Nigeria never had.
Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by franchasng: 6:08pm On Feb 16, 2021
Life is funny. Nature is fair most times but not always though.

Muritala Mohammed was the army officer who ordered the massacre of innocent men and boys in Asaba during Nigeria-Biafra civil war. Muritala committed a serious war crime that the world overlooked but nature waited for him and used Col. Dimka and co coupists to pay him back for his mass murder of innocent people of Asaba.

Even IBB that people see as a bad man was against the Asaba massacre by his brother Muritala Mohammed which made IBB to make Asaba the capital of Delta State, also to appease his wife Mariam.

Meanwhile, Dimka was among the Nigerian soldiers fighting against Biafran soldiers in Enugu-Ebonyi axis in 1967 - 1969 and he also participated in the raping of Ebonyi women during the war which was also a war crime. So his crime caught up with him in his 1976 coup.

In this life, even if you are a soldier, a Police Officer, a government official discharging duties based on orders from your superiors, if you want to live a fulfilled life, be fair and don't join in persecuting innocent people, it always backfires somehow in your later life.

If you are a soldier fighting war, don't kill civilians who have no arms. Don't kill children. Don't rape or kill women..don't kill elderly people. Don't kill defenseless people. You can kill your fellow soldiers and their spies.

Don't steal people's money during war. Don't take any money from a dead soldier. Don't rape women. Don't take the gun of a dead soldier until your batallion commander commands.

Muritala Mohammed paid the price of his Asaba massacre, and I know he would be regretting wherever he is.

The remaining Northern soldiers who derive pleasure in killing innocent people should learn or wait for their own reward by nature.

Life is sometimes fair you know

Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by adonainana: 6:12pm On Feb 16, 2021
The coup failed because the second in command Obasanjo was still alive. What he ought to have done was announce that Obasanjo was wanted and dissolve the constitution

Also he was not bold enough, since he already killed Murtala Muhammed he was meant to be bold and approach the state house and try to take it over. Just merely making another announcement on radio that obadanjo is no longer the head would create friends for him in the army

He was not bold enough, even just killing Murtala should have given him confidence to finish the job, the minister of defence at the time too was on his side so he could
Have garthered solders to go and set up heck points etc

Baba just done a coup and ran away

Too bad

Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by Dexpro: 6:14pm On Feb 16, 2021
Apt my brother. The younger generation would not really understand your write-up

Dpharisee:
According to sources, when General Samuel Ogbemudia painstakingly gathered the manuscripts used by the Biafra research and engineering unit after the war with a mindset that the victorious Nigeria side will use it to become a technological power house in Africa and presented it to the Armed Forces Ruling Council it was General Bisalla based on advice from Dimka who set it all on fire whilst screaming that the manuscripts was the reason the Biafrans were able to prolong the war.
Some of those Biafran engineers subsequently left the country to US to become lecturers and designers to the detriment of Nigeria.
Dimkas hatred for Igbos was the reason he suggested to Bisalla to burn those manuscripts and then he was exposed by Igbos in Abakaliki to Nigeria security agents.

Both Dimka and his boss Bisalla were executed for killing Murtala in the coup, Murtala whose dented image was repackaged by the Fulani loving British media was responsible for the Asaba massacre of Igbo men in anger over his defeat at Abagana in a well coordinated ambush by the rebels.

Sentiments and nepotism has really dealt with Nigeria, sorry for deviating from the main story.

Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by YourMajesty(m): 6:16pm On Feb 16, 2021
Wouldn't mind making a movie out of this.
Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by franchasng: 6:20pm On Feb 16, 2021
adonainana:
The coup failed because the second in command Obasanjo was still alive. What he ought to have done was announce that Obasanjo was wanted and dissolve the constitution

Also he was not bold enough, since he already killed Murtala Muhammed he was meant to be bold and approach the state house and try to take it over. Just merely making another announcement on radio that obadanjo is no longer the head would create friends for him in the army

He was not bold enough, even just killing Murtala should have given him confidence to finish the job, the minister of defence at the time too was on his side so he could
Have garthered solders to go and set up heck points etc

Baba just done a coup and ran away

Too bad
Before you can succeed in any coup in Nigeria, you must take over Lagos, Kaduna and Enugu military commands.

These 3 commands are key places to hold, and from there you give orders to remaining military commands and they will obey.

Taking over Lagos command and statehouse is not enough.

Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by God2man2again(m): 6:21pm On Feb 16, 2021
fashrola:

So Murtala was an Innocent man? You gotta read deep into Nigeria History and know that he was a "WAR CRIMINAL"

What do you mean by "WAR CRIMINALS"?

Never labelled soldiers that defended the country as WAR CRIMINALS, please, it is not appropriate.

They laid down their lives to make Nigeria what it is today.

An army fighting to defend his country is never a criminal.

Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by gnobuuma81: 6:24pm On Feb 16, 2021
And this is the same thing IBB would have done but he allowed the man to live, now see what we are passing through.
Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by Anchuna: 6:27pm On Feb 16, 2021
Less than 24 hours after the event on that historic day 15th May, 1976, My mother went into labour for our delivery (me and my twin brother) in far away Anchuna in Zango kataf LGA while my father was in Abakaliki serving.

Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by franchasng: 6:27pm On Feb 16, 2021
God2man2again:

What do you mean by "WAR CRIMINALS"?

Never labelled soldiers that defended the country as WAR CRIMINALS, please, it is not appropriate.

They laid down their lives to make Nigeria what it is today.

An army fighting to defend his country is never a criminal.

Muritala Mohammed was a war criminal. He committed war crimes.

There are rules of engagement during war that all soldiers from both sides must obey.

1.) Don't invade or bomb religious places
2.) Don't bomb historical sites
3.) Don't kill children
4.) Don't kill unarmed women
5.) Don't rape women
6.) Don't kill the elderly unless he or she is armed
7.) Don't bomb or attack hospitals
8.) Don't bomb or attack Red Cross outfits or vehicles or relief planes/jets
9.) Don't do mass murder of civilians for any reason

But Muritala Mohammed committed crime based on 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9.

He paid the price anyway undecided

Nature used a bad man like Muritala to pay Muritala back his crime against humanity and nature used national decree to pay back Dimka for his evil roles against Biafran civilians during the Biafra civil war. I think it was a fair event of 1976

Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by God2man2again(m): 6:44pm On Feb 16, 2021
franchasng:
Muritala Mohammed was a war criminal. He committed war crimes.

There are rules of engagement during war that all soldiers from both sides must obey.

1.) Don't invade or bomb religious places
2.) Don't bomb historical sites
3.) Don't kill children
4.) Don't kill unarmed women
5.) Don't rape women
6.) Don't kill the elderly unless he or she is armed
7.) Don't bomb or attack hospitals
8.) Don't bomb or attack Red Cross outfits or vehicles or relief planes/jets
9.) Don't do mass murder of civilians for any reason

But Muritala Mohammed committed crime based on 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9.

He paid the price anyway undecided

Nature used a bad man like Muritala to pay Muritala back his crime against humanity and nature used national decree to pay back Dimka for his evil roles against Biafran civilians during the Biafra civil war. I think it was a fair event of 1976

I don't know where you get this info. Were you fighting side by side with Murtala? I don't know where you get this info.

Soldiers work like Zombie, they obey
instructions given to them.

Besides, are you an Army?
Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by JJBROS(m): 6:49pm On Feb 16, 2021
Beatrice was not a runs girl, she was Dimka's girlfriend during the Nigeria Civil war

Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by crackhouse(m): 6:53pm On Feb 16, 2021
Obj have killed a lot of people and now at old age he opened a church and want to repent and go to heaven?

Re: How Sex Workers Ruined Dimka’s 1976 Coup Plan by Coinbased: 6:55pm On Feb 16, 2021

Laolu Akande: Osinbajo No Longer A Member Of Lagos APC / Meet Five Governors Who Allegedly Govern From Outside Their States / Stephanie Findlay Reacts To Saraki's Press Conference, Talks About Buhari

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60