Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,366 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? (1437 Views)

Should Bride Price Be Paid On Non-virgins? / "After He Payed Huge Bride Price You Still Went To Sleep With Your EX" / "Virginity Is Overrated": Quote Non-Virgins Use To Console Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 16, 2021
Parents bride Price or Huge bride Price lists for ladies who have slept with several guys.... Ladies who have aborted and have been thoroughly used...is it to be so?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by Alao046(m): 10:59pm On Feb 16, 2021
I can't pay a dime for any prostitute. If u no be virgin, forget i no fit date u talk less or marrying you.
All non virgins are desame, they are all prostitutes, it doesn't matter if u sleep with a customer or ur boyfriend. Both of them are still harlots

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Feb 16, 2021
spoked:
Parents drop bride Price or Huge bride Price lists for ladies who have slept with several guys.... Ladies who have aborted and have been thoroughly used...is it to be so?

grin When we tell them no sex before marriage they become angry, we want to keep our virginity it is still them that will not let us breathe.

High or low price. No parent is forcing you guys.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Feb 16, 2021
I'm definitely not going to be happy paying huge for a non-virgin. I will try beating the price down to about 50% even if I can afford the 100%. And palm oil is definitely not going to be amongst the required items. If I can't get stained with palm oil, they don't deserve any too. Mak dem dey chop am raw & white. If you know, you know cool

That was my decision until I lost mine @26. Orientation com change. I wish my second count is V though grin

6 Likes

Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by lilvicky68(m): 11:17pm On Feb 16, 2021
No oh the price should be divided with the number of times the girl has nacked.. for example if amaka has nacked 50men 5000times and her bride price is 50000naira.then the new bride price will be 50000/5000 which is 10naira...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by NobleAngell(f): 11:18pm On Feb 16, 2021
Virgin or not, you have to pay the brideprice to the last dime. Is sex the only reason you're marrying her? If yes, does being a non-virgin mean she can never give you the kind of sex you desire? If yes, then go and marry a virgin and allow people to hear word.

3 Likes

Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Feb 16, 2021
NobleAngell:
Virgin or not, you have to pay the brideprice to the last dime. Is sex the only reason you're marrying her? If yes, does being a non-virgin mean she can never give you the kind of sex you desire? If yes, then go and marry a virgin.

In this end-time of feminism, what other reasons do men have?

You can educate us by listing them out

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by needanswer: 11:26pm On Feb 16, 2021
NobleAngell:
Virgin or not, you have to pay the brideprice to the last dime. Is sex the only reason you're marrying her? If yes, does being a non-virgin mean she can never give you the kind of sex you desire? If yes, then go and marry a virgin and allow people to hear word.

Do you know why men paid bride price in the first place or dowry?

They were simply buying the sexuality of an untouched woman. Infact the man after sex is suppose to return and confirm to his inlaws that he met her as a virgin, any other thing would bring shame and disgrace to the family and even divorce.

Now people pay bride price but it has no meaning again.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by odinson1(m): 11:26pm On Feb 16, 2021
NobleAngell:

Nigerian girls are Useless....All of them

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 16, 2021
Nawa oooo
This virgin virgin matter everywhere sef,una no dey tire??

Still the same you seeking for a virgin wife,still the same you won't allow those keeping it keep it.

Allow us drink water and keep cup.

Thank you.

Don't quote me,I'm not feeling fine.

3 Likes

Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by NobleAngell(f): 11:34pm On Feb 16, 2021
SimplyFacts:

In this end-time of feminism, what other reasons do men have?

You can educate us by listing them out
I should educate you on reasons for marrying a woman?

1 Like

Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by Susily(m): 11:36pm On Feb 16, 2021
NobleAngell:

Yes pls educate us on reasons for marrying a woman

What's the benefit of marriage to a man??
Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by Susily(m): 11:38pm On Feb 16, 2021
NobleAngell:

Yes pls educate us on the reasons for marrying a woman

What's the benefit of marriage to men??
Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by NobleAngell(f): 11:38pm On Feb 16, 2021
needanswer:

Do you know why men paid bride price in the first place or dowry?

They were simply buying the sexuality of an untouched woman. Infact the man after sex is suppose to return and confirm to his inlaws that he met her as a virgin, any other thing would bring shame and disgrace to the family and even divorce.

Now people pay bride price but it has no meaning again.
The brideprice has absolutely nothing to do with this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by needanswer: 11:40pm On Feb 16, 2021
NobleAngell:

You dont know the answer, it's obvious.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by NobleAngell(f): 11:47pm On Feb 16, 2021
needanswer:

You dont know the answer, it's obvious.
No, what is obvious is the fact that you haven't done your research well. Find out the origin of brideprice. Well, except it's different in your culture. If you do, you'll know that it has nothing to do with virginity.

2 Likes

Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by needanswer: 11:48pm On Feb 16, 2021
NobleAngell:
No, what is obvious is the fact that you haven't done your research well. Find out the origin of brideprice. Well, except it's different in your culture.

Dear, if you did you will just tell me. I told you mine and you disagreed, so tell me yours.

Before I told you that answer , I did my research. So show me your research or hold your peace.

4 Likes

Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by NobleAngell(f): 12:06am On Feb 17, 2021
needanswer:

Dear, if you did you will just tell me. I told you mine and you disagreed, so tell me yours.

Before I told you that answer , I did my research. So show me your research or hold your peace.
As long as a woman has a family or relatives, a bride price must, I repeat, MUST be paid to them.
A bride price is a form of compensation to the bride's family since their daughter will be taken from them (so to speak). It's a way of acknowledging that she belongs to a family. This is why the prices vary from region to region, family to family. Some families tend to place unreasonable demands as a way of releasing their daughter to another family. This has absolutely nothing to do with virginity.

Permit me to give you a typical example. A certain family collected a bride price of #300 for their daughter who stopped her education at secondary level, and collected a bride price of #1000 for their daughter who is a degree holder.

THINK ABOUT THIS: If brideprice was about virginity, it would have gone almost extinct by now because men would have stopped paying. You won't be the first man to have such thoughts. Men have reasoned in this same line before but couldn't do anything about it because they know it's not about the virginity.

2 Likes

Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by Nobody: 12:23am On Feb 17, 2021
NobleAngell:

Exo. 22:16-17

"If a man seduces a virgin who is not betrothed and lies with her, he shall give the bride-price for her and make her his wife. If her father utterly refuses to give her to him, he shall pay money equal to the bride-price for virgins".

I don't know much o but I'm sure no other bride price would be collected from any other suitor who wishes to take her in as a wife.

NB: I am not really into being a virgin or not.

1 Like

Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by needanswer: 8:05am On Feb 17, 2021
NobleAngell:
As long as a woman has a family or relatives, a bride price must, I repeat, MUST be paid to them.
A bride price is a form of compensation to the bride's family since their daughter will be taken from them (so to speak). It's a way of acknowledging that she belongs to a family. This is why the prices vary from region to region, family to family. Some families tend to place unreasonable demands as a way of releasing their daughter to another family. This has absolutely nothing to do with virginity.

Permit me to give you a typical example. A certain family collected a bride price of #300 for their daughter who stopped her education at secondary level, and collected a bride price of #1000 for their daughter who is a degree holder.

THINK ABOUT THIS: If brideprice was about virginity, it would have gone almost extinct by now because men would have stopped paying. You won't be the first man to have such thoughts. Men have reasoned in this same line before but couldn't do anything about it because they know it's not about the virginity.

Like I said it has lost its true meaning, what you stated above is it's current meaning.

Before the 21st century, female sexuality outside marriage was frowned upon by society, then 2nd wave feminism came with liberation on female sexuality and this brought about the widespread availability of contraceptives for women, since women could use contraceptives before or after sex, getting pregnant was no longer an issue, therefore keeping ones virginity too , was no longer seen as an issue.

Before this time though it was, there were great limitations on the availability of contraceptives even in the west, abstinence was the surest way then and virginity was key. African practiced many forms of abstinence to preserve the female virginity until marriage. Let me give some examples you may easily remember. Female circumcision is one of them, the idea behind it is to make a girl have low libido, a practice done to safeguard the female sexuality until marriage. Others include the flattening of a females breast as she enters puberty known as breast ironing, it is believed to help the girl be chaste. Same as other rituals where girls transition from girlhood to womanhood known as fattening rooms, this happens in early puberty and is only for virgins. Also their is this practice then where a man sleeps with his new wife under white sheets or cloth, it is believed that if she is a virgin she will bleed at her first sex and stain the sheet red.

I have not even touched Asia or parts of Europe.
You know the white wedding dress use to be a symbol of a chaste virgin girl before marriage. But now it's just a white dress. Asians including Indians can kill their bride if she turns out not to be a virgin. Like I said, bride price has a lot to do with buying not just a woman but her untouched sexuality, but we live in an immoral world now and people no longer care as much.

Dear hope you understand better now?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by Tsolutionifede(m): 8:12am On Feb 17, 2021
NobleAngell:
lol, president of non virgin association of nigeria sighted.
Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by Jeon(f): 9:07am On Feb 17, 2021
Alao046:
I can't pay a dime for any prostitute. If u no be virgin, forget i no fit date u talk less or marrying you.
All non virgins are desame, they are all prostitutes, it doesn't matter if u sleep with a customer or ur boyfriend. Both of them are still harlots

ARE YOU A VIRGIN?

4 Likes

Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by KidDarkness(m): 9:30am On Feb 17, 2021
StacyO:
Nawa oooo
This virgin virgin matter everywhere sef,una no dey tire??

Still the same you seeking for a virgin wife,still the same you won't allow those keeping it keep it.

Allow us drink water and keep cup.

Thank you.

Don't quote me,I'm not feeling fine.
It's a lie. You are feeling fine
Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by DSC7: 9:46am On Feb 17, 2021
Well am still a virgins.......

.So my Future wife must be Virgin as well.......

But why should i even pay before marrying her?

Is she a commodity?........

2 Likes

Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by BigDawsNet: 10:02am On Feb 17, 2021
Both Virgin and Non Virgin deserve a bride price
Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by Sammmyyyy(m): 10:10am On Feb 17, 2021
BigDawsNet:
Both Virgin and Non Virgin deserve a bride price

How about the ones who have had over 20 abortions and over a hundred body counts?

1 Like

Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by crismark(m): 10:14am On Feb 17, 2021
NobleAngell:
Story!
Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by BigDawsNet: 10:16am On Feb 17, 2021
Sammmyyyy:

How about the ones who have had over 20 abortions and over a hundred body counts?

Got nothing to do with bride price

If ur think ur potential wife is a slut, you should never try to marry her..

I pray you will never marry such a lady...

Just try and investigate the kind of woman you wanna marry then pay ur prices

Truth is Virgins are pretty rare

2 Likes

Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by Derinofzion(f): 11:56am On Feb 17, 2021
needanswer:

Like I said it has lost its true meaning, what you stated above is it's current meaning.

Before the 21st century, female sexuality outside marriage was frowned upon by society, then 2nd wave feminism came with liberation on female sexuality and this brought about the widespread availability of contraceptives for women, since women could use contraceptives before or after sex, getting pregnant was no longer an issue, therefore keeping ones virginity too , was no longer seen as an issue.

Before this time though it was, there were great limitations on the availability of contraceptives even in the west, abstinence was the surest way then and virginity was key. African practiced many forms of abstinence to preserve the female virginity until marriage. Let me give some examples you may easily remember. Female circumcision is one of them, the idea behind it is to make a girl have low libido, a practice done to safeguard the female sexuality until marriage. Others include the flattening of a females breast as she enters puberty known as breast ironing, it is believed to help the girl be chaste. Same as other rituals where girls transition from girlhood to womanhood known as fattening rooms, this happens in early puberty and is only for virgins. Also their is this practice then where a man sleeps with his new wife under white sheets or cloth, it is believed that if she is a virgin she will bleed at her first sex and stain the sheet red.

I have not even touched Asia or parts of Europe.
You know the white wedding dress use to be a symbol of a chaste virgin girl before marriage. But now it's just a white dress. Asians including Indians can kill their bride if she turns out not to be a virgin. Like I said, bride price has a lot to do with buying not just a woman but her untouched sexuality, but we live in an immoral world now and people no longer care as much.

Dear hope you understand better now?
If you support all those babaric pratice in the name of keeping a woman virginity then you are an animal and shouldn't be living in the midst of human beings.SMH
Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by GeneralPula: 12:40pm On Feb 17, 2021
Girls that are not virgin deserves no bride price..

In the Olden days, bride price is being paid cuz the girl is surely going to be pure & clean.. It’s a norm in the Olden days for girls to stay virgin till their wedding day. The money is not for buying love or the particular girl (unlike these days), but to appreciate everything that’s attached to the girl..

If your bride price is paid in the very Olden days and they later found out you’re not a virgin, such girl will be sent back to her parent...Some family go even want their bride price refunded!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Huge Bride Price Be Given For Non-virgins? by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:55pm On Feb 17, 2021
It varies from family and culture.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Transgender Man Who Gave Birth To 2 Kids Narrates Traumatic Pregnancy Experience / Leke Adeboye:7 Love Languages Nigerian Ladies Understands / Unwanted Pregnancy.......blaming Men?? A Nonsense That Need To Stop.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.