Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison (57628 Views)

Court Grants Obinwanne Okeke "Invictus Obi" Permission To See Dentist / Obinwanne Okeke Invictus Obi Has Associates That Need Investigating / Obinwanne Okeke: Invictus Obi Forbes 100 Most Influential Young African In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Cmanforall: 9:41am On Feb 17, 2021
smile11s:
Life no balance at all.

So he will not speak pigin or Igbo for the next 10 years? Chai crime no dey pay. For this short life wey we get, 10 years will be locked up in a dungeon dream of thick walls and criminals?
He will come out to contest for political seat in Nigeria and may win.

Don't be surprised
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by chelseamann(m): 9:45am On Feb 17, 2021
FuckThaMod:

You're simply a lazy broke ass nigga
LORI IRO tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Itzurboi(m): 9:49am On Feb 17, 2021
anonymous1759:

You're trying to sound intelligent and stupid have you left Earth before ? or know how God operates nonsense yarn ppl like you carry gospel for head without having anything Upstairs . Apostle Paul was a full time murderer . God calls people in mysterious ways which has been proven over time.
God his only one that has the Authority to show mercy to who ever he wants to no matter the gravity of the crime it's left for God. Only God can add and subtract to his word because he's God almighty face your life.
did you read the part "most of us don't know how God operates" when you read and connect the dots, mention me for a reasonable conversation.... I have a feeling you will still be dumb to understand... prove me wrong, you are free to use a lexicon.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Forumobserver12(m): 9:49am On Feb 17, 2021
MEGA4BILLION:
If he didn't flaunt the stolen wealth using it for motivational talk, FBI wouldn't have investigated him but nah he had to show legitimately working Nigerians how lazy they are and how entrepreneural he is.

Serves him better.

Motivational speakers gang.

The guy actually comported himself very well, unlike most guys that are into the same game, he invested his money wisely..

Being a motivational speaker is also part of image laundering, is rather unfortunate he was caught in the States not because of his carelessness but it's destined to happen ..
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by bluefilm: 9:58am On Feb 17, 2021
einsteine:
30 years how?

The maximum charge for this is 20 years. He got lesser sentencing because people wrote to attest to his good deeds, charity and to show that he has low risk of recidivism. He also pleaded guilty and he is a first time offender. Also, there is only one charge. All these things help. Plus he doesn't appear to have the typical profile of the average criminal.

Hushpuppi would be different. His has more charges and he is wasting the time of the prosecution by hiring expensive lawyers and not pleading guilty in time.

I see your point.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Heterodox(m): 10:10am On Feb 17, 2021
FuckThaMod:

Pained brokes ass yorubas all over this thread
Okoro go do hm time
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by omojesu202(m): 10:18am On Feb 17, 2021
smile11s:
Life no balance at all.

So he will not speak pigin or Igbo for the next 10 years? Chai crime no dey pay. For this short life wey we get, 10 years will be locked up in a dungeon dream of thick walls and criminals?

had I known
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Sickmod(m): 10:35am On Feb 17, 2021
tillaman:
Wow, I believe he must have cut a deal with them feds because these people nor dey wan hear fraud especially when a Nigerian is involved
Invictus is one lucky dude because he won’t even do the whole time (10 years) he will probably be out in another 5 years
He go don sing to the feds, little birdie

The guy is wise...
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by colp2015: 10:37am On Feb 17, 2021
BigDawsNet:
Good deal

Only God knows what the dude has offer in exchange of reduction of sentenc
He forfeited his loot; all the money in his foreign accounts. Every red cent!

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 17, 2021
goaldynboy:

Ten years in sentencing actually means Five (5) years! It runs day and night!!

And if he has been in detention since the last two (2); that means in the next three (3) years, he will be out!

Invinctus will be out before 2025!!
Stop speaking English. Ba full year calendar
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by frog12: 10:41am On Feb 17, 2021
this is too SOFT. 20 YEARS is better for him.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 17, 2021
FlyHeight, I was quietly reading your wrong assertions of the US judicial system. You even placed a bet he’d get lower than 5 years.

See where we are now?
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by tofolo(m): 10:53am On Feb 17, 2021
Soulsymbol99:
He is lucky,he will still be a young man (43)wen he comes out.
If he comes out...... to much shanks in prison.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by 4dor: 11:02am On Feb 17, 2021
johnfem321:
Things are not always as bad as they seems, that is what some people don't understand.. I thank God for him he got just 10years.. I am sure he returned alot of money back and co-operated with them.. and he is not a show off person... He should be out in about 2 years.. He will only need to serve about 5 to 6 years out of the 10years.. He already served about 2 years, They will also most likely deport him him and give him another 9month off his sentence.. So he should be out in 2.5 years max... Some people might not be that lucky.. Whatever it is.. he will still be a millionaire in Dollars when he comes out.. Even if he goes back to fraud or he doesn't.. He will still be a millionaire.. He has got the brain... Las las he will be alright.. Make everyone focus on his own life.. Crime still bad sha

It's a federal crime, he'll have to serve at least 85% of the sentence...as for still being a millionaire, the Nigerian government has seized the money in his bank accounts.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Asadujames202(m): 11:13am On Feb 17, 2021
cchub:
1.I know some people are happy seeing this.
2.Fucck y'all

Damn niggar.
Black and He's also a nigerian.
White men who were involved in multi million dollar ponzi scheme were given less jail term.
some were even sentenced to house arrest.
but Shaa, he got a Good lawyer and God dey hin back.

But shaa, my gee did the crime, he'll definitely do the time.

And when he comes out, the remaining millions stashed would give him a new life and the people he didn't Snitch on, also owe him.

mompha got a tip, he quickly ran to nigeria. He knows he'll be protected here. however, unlucky was the fate of invictus.

See you in ten years niggar.

Can you swap your freedom with him?

For me

Hell yeah,
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:27am On Feb 17, 2021
Those successful in Yahoo and are ready to do the time will be doing give-out to their employees, pastors and sponsoring some people's education so that when they are caught, these beneficiaries of their fraud will beg for a light sentence for them
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by kunkelhanspeter(m): 11:35am On Feb 17, 2021
See how everyone is happy as if the corruption in Nigeria will stop in hushpuppi voice Una go suffer
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 17, 2021
Likely to come out in 7 , he will be 40 years plus when he is out , not bad
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by kunkelhanspeter(m): 11:37am On Feb 17, 2021
frog12:
this is too SOFT. 20 YEARS is better for him.
Bad belle he might not stay up to 5 years they will deport him
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by ednut1(m): 11:38am On Feb 17, 2021
Eleribu
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by lymelyte(m): 11:45am On Feb 17, 2021
Alayeb0y:

No early release on federal charges. Once you hear fbi na federal wahala you just carry and if them give you 10 na 10 you go do. After dem go find plane for you straight to ikeja
grin cheesy
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Stompie: 12:01pm On Feb 17, 2021
[quote author=ovieigho post=99142139]

He is not resident of USA in the first place

I’m happy 10yrs is still better than the maximum 20yrs

Some even got 80yrs for cyber crime

God will see him through

wow.....that Razaq dude got 115 years at 31....that judge dey vex oh
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Leebeedo(m): 12:12pm On Feb 17, 2021
InfernoNig:
After serving 10 years jail term, likely deportation.

Likely deportation ke? There is no likely here oh cos he won't be able to visit any developed nation till he dies.

3 Likes

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Golan007: 12:19pm On Feb 17, 2021
donforeign:

Hushpuppy no get issues...
Just watch....

Watch wetin?

Hushbingo would do nothing less than 10 years.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Hushbingo: 12:23pm On Feb 17, 2021
Golan007:

Watch wetin?

Hushbingo would do nothing less than 10 years.
Leave me joor
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Positiveme2020: 12:31pm On Feb 17, 2021
PoliticalChinex:

10 years is small nah

Bro, ten years is not small oh. Do you know what is called freedom? He has lost it for now. .

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by tot(f): 12:33pm On Feb 17, 2021
masterP042:
Obinwanne is a wise guy, although making money illegally, he fronted a legit and clean company. Was able to launder his image too, to be able to get to Forbes and even give lectures to havard students. To him yahoo was just a way to create capital and funds to pursue and acheive his multi billion dreams which a devilish country like Nigeria have already dashed. He was also wise enough to coperate with the feds to aid investigations, and that fast tracked his trials and sentencing.
As for hushpuppy, he's gone and gone forever, upon all his money, no visible investment in Nigeria or anywhere to front his money. Obinwanne targeted multi billion caterpillar company, but hushpuppy decided to divert ventilator funds at the beginning of a pandemic. And having known he's been caught, instead of pleading guilty and cooperating he was busy hiring expensive lawyers and claiming not guilty. Fbi will transfer his case to a judge whose spouse, child or close family was killed by covid 19, his trial will still be extended for him to spend his remaining money on lawyers, he'll be finally sentenced, and trust me, upon his release he'll be injected with moronic injection. Americans will make him a dimwit if he's ever released.

Stop trying to justify evil, yahoo is STEALING, there are victims. He stole other people's hard earned money.
There is no difference whatsoever between invictus and hushpuppy, they are both THIEVES.

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by johnfem321: 12:35pm On Feb 17, 2021
Like i said. He will be fine 100%, things are not always as bad as it seems, Forget what you read in the news paper.. Criminal/police and government makes deals...It's a white collar crime.. Even terrorist make deals with government not to even talk of white collar. i'm sure he will still have some money stashed away somewhere, he is also married to an American citizen and have his son is a usa citizen, i guess he can apply to stay if he wants to stay. Even though they take all his money.. He will still make millions when he comes out. Making money cant be hard for someone like that.. His main assest is his Brian not the money in his account.
4dor:

It's a federal crime, he'll have to serve at least 85% of the sentence...as for still being a millionaire, the Nigerian government has seized the money in his bank accounts.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by tot(f): 12:39pm On Feb 17, 2021
Hedonini:

Very likely. Max 4 or 5 actual years. Many people gloating and showcasing useless schadenfreude here would still be languishing in poverty, while many others may not even be alive by then.

He's a good kid. God's mercy be upon him.

At least they are not stealing other people's sweat and languishing in stolen wealth. No value system any more in this country, what a shame. Just look at how some of you are trying to turn the story and make the criminal look like a victim when in reality he was the one feeding fat off other people's money.

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by masterP042(m): 12:42pm On Feb 17, 2021
tot:

Stop trying to justify evil, yahoo is STEALING, there are victims. He stole other people's hard earned money.
There is no difference whatsoever between invictus and hushpuppy, they are both THIEVES.
Tell me a rich man in Nigeria who is not stealing in one way or the other? So the corrupt police and judges should now arrest all the yahoo boys, do they have the moral right? Even u wey dey talk you're not holier
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by tot(f): 12:43pm On Feb 17, 2021
showafrica:

My brother look at it from another angle. US prison is better than 70% Nigerian homes. Also note that, the way Nigeria is going, 80% will be broke from now till next 10yrs. The kind insecurity in Nigeria, Ivintus is likely to be safe than an average Nigerian roaming the streets. You think 10yrs is much, its simply Buhari tenure plus Atiku or Tinubu tenure. My brother, the only thing Ivintus will miss is steady straffing and some freedom but he is better than an average Nigerian.

Why not commit a crime against a US institution so you can end up in their 'safe' prisons? A trial will surely convince you. Mschew.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by tot(f): 12:44pm On Feb 17, 2021
masterP042:

Tell me a rich man in Nigeria who is not stealing in one way or the other? So the corrupt police and judges should now arrest all the yahoo boys, do they have the moral right? Even u wey dey talk you're not holier

You are surely a thief for you to be rationalising and thinking this way. Continue, doomsday will surely come.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Victor Aleke's Brother Found Dead Inside His Car Trunk In Ebonyi / Tyrese Haspil, Fahim Saleh's PA Being Arrested (Video) / Sapele Robbers Went Back To Same Boutique They Raided 8 Months Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.