Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison (57600 Views)

Court Grants Obinwanne Okeke "Invictus Obi" Permission To See Dentist / Obinwanne Okeke Invictus Obi Has Associates That Need Investigating / Obinwanne Okeke: Invictus Obi Forbes 100 Most Influential Young African In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by IgboWarlord(m): 8:01am On Feb 17, 2021
Midas01:
You're very very stupid.
This man's stupidity knows no bounds....He's extraordinarily stupid.

2 Likes

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by majamajic(m): 8:01am On Feb 17, 2021
Joysticks:
No be so MMM take defraud large numbers of hustlers in Nigeria and the Russian scammer go scot-free.

MMM Nigeria was handled by Nigerians , though the main founder was a Russian guy , he for no succeed if it was not handled by Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by IgboWarlord(m): 8:02am On Feb 17, 2021
masterP042:
Obinwanne is a wise guy, although making money illegally, he fronted a legit and clean company. Was able to launder his image too, to be able to get to Forbes and even give lectures to havard students. To him yahoo was just a way to create capital and funds to pursue and acheive his multi billion dreams which a devilish country like Nigeria have already dashed. He was also wise enough to coperate with the feds to aid investigations, and that fast tracked his trials and sentencing.
As for hushpuppy, he's gone and gone forever, upon all his money, no visible investment in Nigeria or anywhere to front his money. Obinwanne targeted multi billion caterpillar company, but hushpuppy decided to divert ventilator funds at the beginning of a pandemic. And having known he's been caught, instead of pleading guilty and cooperating he was busy hiring expensive lawyers and claiming not guilty. Fbi will transfer his case to a judge whose spouse, child or close family was killed by covid 19, his trial will still be extended for him to spend his remaining money on lawyers, he'll be finally sentenced, and trust me, upon his release he'll be injected with moronic injection. Americans will make him a dimwit if he's ever released.

grin grin cheesy
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by amstamon: 8:05am On Feb 17, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

There’s no hidden money. The reason he only got 10 years was because he corporates with the FBI. Do you know what it means to corporate with FBI?

I don’t think you understand that statement. Every single dime he has earned from fraud, including the fraud money he put into legitimate business will be seized and auctioned.

He will serve the full 10 years because this is not a movie lol
Sense ni go kill u bro.
U dey madt bro cos Walai you too get sense.
Na only u dey reason like complete human walai.
That fvcker is coming out broke except he got some hidden bitcoin somewhere of which I doubt because people like him believe they're are so smart and would never be caught using their so called legit entrepreneur/investment as a front, hence the need for it when caught.

6 Likes

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Chummynoni(m): 8:06am On Feb 17, 2021
showafrica:

My brother look at it from another angle. US prison is better than 70% Nigerian homes. Also note that, the way Nigeria is going, 80% will be broke from now till next 10yrs. The kind insecurity in Nigeria, Ivintus is likely to be safe than an average Nigerian roaming the streets. You think 10yrs is much, its simply Buhari tenure plus Atiku or Tinubu tenure. My brother, the only thing Ivintus will miss is steady straffing and some freedom but he is better than an average Nigerian.
Do you even think @all?. Do you know what it means to be in captivity?. Dont be decieved by your mentality bro. That guy would be tortured, raped, humiliated and go through many horrible things. If there is a way the guy could be interviewed now, he would let you know that if he could turn back the hands of time, he would have not gone into fraud. Dnt console yourself with this kind of mentality please , that a person in prison abroad is better than a free person here. It is not always what you think it is bro

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by maureensylvia(f): 8:08am On Feb 17, 2021
goaldynboy:

Ten years in sentencing actually means Five (5) years! It runs day and night!!

And if he has been in detention since the last two (2); that means in the next three (3) years, he will be out!

Invinctus will be out before 2025!!

You know so much bro!

Are u an ex con?

4 Likes

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 17, 2021
That is actually 5 years, less 1 year which is 4 years. Fair sentencing for a 11 million less approx 50%.

This kind of sentencing is even encouraging fraud more. Should have been 20 yrs grin
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by anonymous1759(m): 8:10am On Feb 17, 2021
Soulsymbol99:
He is lucky,he will still be a young man (43)wen he comes out.

If they apply the day and night rule it's just 5 years grin
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by sync(f): 8:11am On Feb 17, 2021
10 years is fair. He has already spent some time and he may even be paroled before then. He will surely get out before he hits 40 and life begins at 40.
He’s smart, he will pick up when he’s released
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by densiks: 8:15am On Feb 17, 2021
What happens to the young wife he married?

Will she wait for him?

I consider they were in love...till death do them part like they usually erroneously recite.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by tonero230(m): 8:18am On Feb 17, 2021
Soulsymbol99:
He is lucky,he will still be a young man (43)wen he comes out.

That 10 years will be 5 years now.They count day and night as a day
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by planetx: 8:18am On Feb 17, 2021
smile11s:

He will not do the 10 years. He will be deported early like in 2 to 3 years for good behavior.
Says who, this is a federal sentence and he will do the full 10 years or at the minimum 8 years no way will he be out in 2 to 3 years.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Baruwaaaaa(m): 8:19am On Feb 17, 2021
Crime is not the way
Short cut doesn't pay.
Legit is the surest bet
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by toprealman: 8:23am On Feb 17, 2021
He will be out in 5years time max, and will continue from wherever he stopped.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by bptc10: 8:25am On Feb 17, 2021
Been a prisoner in USA is better than been a free man in Nigeria
smile11s:
Life no balance at all.

So he will not speak pigin or Igbo for the next 10 years? Chai crime no dey pay. For this short life wey we get, 10 years will be locked up in a dungeon dream of thick walls and criminals?
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Vizconson(m): 8:26am On Feb 17, 2021
ecomalchemist:

Invictus the motivational speaker.

I hope you use that time to write a book about your crime escapades and how you executed such million dollar heist and sell your book for $1.

if 2 million people buy your book, do the math my nigga.

You still gon be reach when you are out, stay blessed.

Affordable megatron 30,000mah and 50,000mah powerbanks, fast charging cords, with 4 output units, type c and normal usb cord. payment on delivery within Lagos and Nationwide dispatch. Retail // Wholesale deals available

Why you no dey mention price bro? Make things easy for potential customers
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Stmiceel(m): 8:27am On Feb 17, 2021
Based on y'all comments and thoughts I guess y'all have had a fair share of what's really happening up there.
Like 10 years = 5 years, parole for good behavior, he would be able to write books and sell after, his ass would suffer and so on.

Are y'all ex convict? Or how do you have all this information's?
Crime is older
Going to jail is older
I guess y'all old too.

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by planetx: 8:28am On Feb 17, 2021
PeaceLoveJoy:

Very good observation and comment. What I want everyone to know is that at the rate the world is developing, even 5 years can be bad. Except the Americans value him and decide to keep him (he can even be granted a residence later), but very likely they will do what you wrote to him after serving his term. But they say time changes system. Really, all he needs is to just surrender to Christ as his future cannot be predicted. Even 1 year is enough to wound him. He needs just to be sentenced. That's all. Even it is for 2 months, the damage can be done.

The life of a prisoner is terrible. His ego will be stepped on seriously. He has no right there. Moving from one cell to the other, cell mates or prison mates brutality, his unclothedness is nothing again, no privacy, etc.

This boy could have used his brain to do something good. He may not be rich, but I am sure he will be doing just OK. One lesson I learned from him again is: When one has better money and has good plan, moving in and out of Naija is the better way. Not just staying abroad permanently. Naija is where one can really make it. And having a base outside will make one more successful.

Ok. His case is over. God be with him. He is not over yet. I know there cann be a new story because there is still hope. He only needs to move closer to God.
They will not only keep him and grant him residence but will hire him to work for the FBI smh.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by mekuxiani(m): 8:28am On Feb 17, 2021
OlawaleBammie:
Ooh poor ANUSshocked

the poor tin go red before 2031
Lol
Wicked pikin
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by jacoik(m): 8:33am On Feb 17, 2021
cchub:
1.I know some people are happy seeing this.
2.Fucck y'all

Damn niggar.
Black and He's also a nigerian.
White men who were involved in multi million dollar ponzi scheme were given less jail term.
some were even sentenced to house arrest.
but Shaa, he got a Good lawyer and God dey hin back.

But shaa, my gee did the crime, he'll definitely do the time.

And when he comes out, the remaining millions stashed would give him a new life and the people he didn't Snitch on, also owe him.

mompha got a tip, he quickly ran to nigeria. He knows he'll be protected here. however, unlucky was the fate of invictus.

See you in ten years niggar.
I hope he won't return the money because I didn't see where the court ask him to return it loot but only spend some years behind bar. that's win win for him tho
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Rickylambert: 8:34am On Feb 17, 2021
adexpa:

You caught my attention brother, going through the whole comments I was speechless and came up with a conclusion that majority of Nigerians are potential criminals who never got the opportunity, most people that complain about corruption did so because they never get the opportunity to steal. You can imagine people saying different things on how he will get out early, some are even saying prayers for him to come out early.
Ordinary one year in prison is a big blow especially when guilty of the offense, the trauma, the shame and other things will not make him forgive himself by the time he left, people think his case is like Obasanjo and Madela who later became president, they forgot that those ones were not guilty, they were jailed for political sentiment n activism for freedom.
I hope we can get things right and not allow poverty of mind to push us into manipulations and short ways to success, seeing the guy's investment and activities I am sure the guy could have made it in life without fraud cus he is smart business wise.
you are not without stain as well man,He Bleep up no mean say make we crucify him.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Cheeryfeet: 8:35am On Feb 17, 2021
smile11s:
Life no balance at all.

So he will not speak pigin or Igbo for the next 10 years? Chai crime no dey pay. For this short life wey we get, 10 years will be locked up in a dungeon dream of thick walls and criminals?
He will come out stronger, not in cyber crime anymore but a better person with a global impact. He will come out bigger than he went in.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by planetx: 8:35am On Feb 17, 2021
showafrica:

My brother look at it from another angle. US prison is better than 70% Nigerian homes. Also note that, the way Nigeria is going, 80% will be broke from now till next 10yrs. The kind insecurity in Nigeria, Ivintus is likely to be safe than an average Nigerian roaming the streets. You think 10yrs is much, its simply Buhari tenure plus Atiku or Tinubu tenure. My brother, the only thing Ivintus will miss is steady straffing and some freedom but he is better than an average Nigerian.
Being inside a US prison is not better than being a free man in Nigeria o, pls don't be deceived you have no clue about federal prison where he is headed. I don't know the kind of life you live bro but no way will being inside a small cell for 10 years with a toilet right next to your bed with a high chance of being shanked or raped better than all the enjoyment I enjoyed in Lagos over this Valentine weekend.

3 Likes

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Catchfirez: 8:36am On Feb 17, 2021
smile11s:

He will not do the 10 years. He will be deported early like in 2 to 3 years for good behavior.
Federal crime 10years is 10years nothing like good behaviour .

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by planetx: 8:40am On Feb 17, 2021
Catchfirez:

Federal crime 10years is 10years nothing like good behaviour .
I don't know where this people are getting the idea he will be out in 2 or 3 years, this is a federal sentence and he will do at least 87% of his sentence.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by davidolarewaju2: 8:40am On Feb 17, 2021
Morning

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Agadinaagwuofe: 8:46am On Feb 17, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
He is lucky. Very light sentence. He will be grateful for the plea letters written to the judge by his employee, his pastor who smartly distance himself by saying he was his former pastor, and those who benefitted from his fraud. Their begging on his behalf via the letter they wrote speaks volume in this sentence.

I think that was a smart move by his lawyer to get those people to write and forcing him to plead guilty without going into trials..

Well...it's a learning point for him.

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 17, 2021
Womanizer:

Would you have written this rubbish to praise this fraudster if someone close to you was rendered bankrupt by him? angry

Young man go and vent your frustrations on your village people. Stupid hypocrite.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Nobody: 8:50am On Feb 17, 2021
Wow so he would be doing his motivational speeches in Prison now to the fellow inmates.

Invictus is a very patient con artist. He will still outsmart the system by forming good behavior and be let off early for good behavior.

The American justice system sometimes can act like Morons
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by anonymous1759(m): 8:51am On Feb 17, 2021
Itzurboi:
you are simply just mad... why steal and ask for forgiveness, because God will forgive you... just like I can cost you your life and ask for forgiveness since it's normal..
most of us don't know how God operates, everything is hearsay... nah when you leave earth you go see the real deal

You're trying to sound intelligent and stupid have you left Earth before ? or know how God operates nonsense yarn ppl like you carry gospel for head without having anything Upstairs . Apostle Paul was a full time murderer . God calls people in mysterious ways which has been proven over time.
God his only one that has the Authority to show mercy to who ever he wants to no matter the gravity of the crime it's left for God. Only God can add and subtract to his word because he's God almighty face your life.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by Ibime(m): 8:52am On Feb 17, 2021
smile11s:
Life no balance at all.

He's already done 2 years so only 8 remain.

Infact with parole, he may be out in 5.

This is best case scenario for him, and maybe he's stashed funds or B.T.C somewhere that he can.pick.up after release.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus Obi) Sentenced To 10 Years In Prison by 042rebel: 8:57am On Feb 17, 2021
He will come out a changed man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Consented To Sex Because I Like Doing It - 12 Year Old Tells Court / A man was disgraced by a sex worker at Ajao estate, Lagos / Male Students Who Sexually Assaulted Female Students Publicly In Ikoyi, Nabbed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.