Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,297 members, 7,811,889 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors (18669 Views)

We Can’t Lock Down North — Northern Governors / 'Don’t Attack Mbaka' - Peter Obi / Peter Obi: Don’t Attack Anybody Or Make Trouble On My Behalf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by Tranquillity360: 1:39pm On Feb 17, 2021
YorubaPrince:

The tribe that feeds you and ur pple! grin Do you realize how miserable ur savage pple would be if they all get repatriated from the SW? More than miserable indeed. grin

At least Ngige no go beat him chest again to lay claim to being an Ikoyi man... Foolish Okoro Savages! angry
Mad Dogs should first feed themselves before thinking of feeding a great tribe.

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by YorubaPrince: 1:52pm On Feb 17, 2021
Tranquillity360:
Mad Dogs should first feed themselves before thinking of feeding a great tribe.

E pain the Okoro Savage wella! ~80% of Igbo pple don run commot dem jungle come Yoruba land in their search for better lives. grin Soon we go dey issue una savages visa... grin
Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by LegendHero(m): 2:07pm On Feb 17, 2021
Kubernetes:

I was wondering how the southern guys will kill his fellow Northern Nigerian for an offense committed by someone from republic of Niger.

How do we know he’s from Niger?

Did he write it on his forehead?

Be truthful, if a Yoruba man kill a pregnant woman and another man in Kano, and then proceed to burn shops in Kano, what will happen?

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by LegendHero(m): 2:16pm On Feb 17, 2021
NaMeAboki:

Pls shut up and don't add insult upon injury.
The Sasha incident was not instigated by northerners - try to find out the truth if you don't know.
If this country should descend into tribal conflicts southerners should squarely take the blame: recent irresponsible and inciting utterances from southern leaderships have been responsible for stoking hatred and distrust against northerners and furthermore fuelled by southern dominated media who have abandoned professional ethics of journalism for sensational reportage often tainted with distortion, ethnic profiling and dwelling on erroneous stereotypes and sentiments rather than facts.
The Sasha crisis is the consequence of the above; which is simply the clear transfer of hate and aggression against the criminal element of the bush dwelling Fulani herdsmen to innocent city dwelling Hausa community (no thanks to the said southern media propaganda) - simply because they are northerners and east targets to the hoodlums set against them.

The Hausas (northerners in general) are usually peace loving ppl and because of this often endure insults and other ill-treatment from southerners who often look down on them as inferior; this ability to endure insults is also mistaken by southerners as foolishness, without realising that it has a limit because the Hausa man is at the same time also a proud who values his dignity; and when push to the wall he has the capacity to explode violently and utterly without fear of anything including death itself.

There is such a thing as provocation - provoke the Hausa man to his flash point at your own peril.

So based on your write up now, you put the blame on the Southern governors and media but failed to touch the root cause of this.

Fulani herdsmen have been killing people right from time but we Yorubas think Buhari will be able to handle it and we kept quiet and remained civil. When we see that Buhari is indecisive and it is getting out of hand, then our governors had to rise to the occasion with Akeredolu banning open grazing.

I hate the hypocrisy of the North. If the Yorubas are killing people daily in the core North and burning the Fulani man cow in Katsina everyday, what will be the reaction of the North? Don’t you think they would have resorted to violence and attack against the Yorubas since?

The Yorubas are one of the tribes that always show a lot of restraint before reacting and a lot of people took that as cowardice. But when you push people to the limit, there will always be retaliation.

Lastly, the Hausa man is not peaceful, they are not just as barbaric as the Fulani yet. Check all the history of ethnic clashes in the West, most of them are always as a result of a Hausa man striking first.

What I expect is that you guys should condemn the activities of the herdsmen in the south using any means possible and find a way to pressurize Buhari your kinsmen to act. But you did not of that but only apportioned blame to the Yorubas that are the victims of circumstance.

4 Likes

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by LegendHero(m): 2:19pm On Feb 17, 2021
AnanseK:

Distorting the whole story, you are the type that doesn’t want peace. The north will have nothing to lose if Nigeria is dissolved.

Distorting?

The West will have nothing to lose also if Nigeria is dissolved.

So maybe we should kuku dissolve it then.

2 Likes

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by LegendHero(m): 2:19pm On Feb 17, 2021
Hammyaladin:
God bless you for this golden comment!

Amen and you too.
Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by Cas49(m): 2:25pm On Feb 17, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:
If I slap you cheesy

Good afternoon Nne, biko I sent you a mail... please
Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by Kubernetes: 2:29pm On Feb 17, 2021
LegendHero:

Be truthful, if a Yoruba man kill a pregnant woman and another man in Kano, and then proceed to burn shops in Kano, what will happen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB7dcPk1CQ4
Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by LegendHero(m): 2:46pm On Feb 17, 2021
Kubernetes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB7dcPk1CQ4

Lol. The lady doesn’t even know what she’s talking about.

Go and listen to the narration of the market leader in the midst of the Makinde, Northern governors, Sasha Baale, and Seriki Sasha.

The man narrated everything that happened both about the killings, burning of shops, market politics, and etc.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by Daprinxy(m): 3:16pm On Feb 17, 2021
PureMe01:
Only people who don't know whatsup will blindly commend the northern governors...they are simply protecting their #ONENIGERIA parasitism on nigerDelta oil.
They surely know that's a trap ahead which IPOB especially wants them to roll into.If they ever try to retaliate,that's the END of Nigeria which they know and don't want.
Their resolute resistance to retaliation despite the high provocation is 'cos their main ally,the Yorubas have deserted them.This is no more 1967!
...In all the happenings in Nigeria,this is the best answer to that and I've been trying to create out chance to write on this particular reasons they have failed to retaliate over there in the north because if it happens to be before,retaliation might have started in the north since..well,they are afraid of break up and every reasonable southerner is praying for them to retaliate, so that Nigeria will come to an end buh they saw through it and have been calm to retaliate since....buh,mark my word,Nigeria don't have much time again and it certainly must break up sooner than later and believe me,God have signed that and the way it will happen,the northerners wouldn't see it coming!!!!gracias::::

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by babestella: 6:39pm On Feb 17, 2021
PureMe01:
Only people who don't know whatsup will blindly commend the northern governors...they are simply protecting their #ONENIGERIA parasitism on nigerDelta oil.
They surely know that's a trap ahead which IPOB especially wants them to roll into.If they ever try to retaliate,that's the END of Nigeria which they know and don't want.
Their resolute resistance to retaliation despite the high provocation is 'cos their main ally,the Yorubas have deserted them.This is no more 1967!

Very apt. They want the one Nigeria status quo to remain.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by ludd2018: 6:58pm On Feb 17, 2021
Blood sucking north . Nk has taught them lesson . Before any slightest provocation they start killing and destroying things but today Nk has changed the narrative because any slightest madness or reprisal attack Nigeria ll explode n end . They are also scared of their oil well in the East
Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by thaoriginator: 7:15pm On Feb 17, 2021
[s]
Oshigun:

You're not warriors. You're savages and barbarian. Very easy to be a mindless killer when brought up without civility, optimal education and human balance than others. It means you will always play to your own different animalistic rules others are not equipped to deal with.

In the civilized world a man brandishing a dagger threateningly in public will be shot dead in minutes and I can show you videos from the UK, USA etal if you need evidence of what happens to barbarians in civilized climes.

Stop hyping yourselves over things you should be depressed and crying about. You carry daggers about ready to rip out the guts of others at the slightest provocation and you think that indicates you're "warriors" in frigging 2021? Are you guys for real?

Backwards, primitive, animal-like and uncivilized is what you are.
[/s]
Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by thaoriginator: 7:18pm On Feb 17, 2021
ludd2018:
Blood sucking north . Nk has taught them lesson . Before any slightest provocation they start killing and destroying things but today Nk has changed the narrative because any slightest madness or reprisal attack Nigeria ll explode n end . They are also scared of their oil well in the East
If Naija explode, NK and Ipob and you go run and hide. But you can only run, you can't hide..
Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by AnanseK(m): 7:31pm On Feb 17, 2021
LegendHero:

Distorting?

That will be the best thing to happen to the North. But the southerners are just pretending.

I can wait to see all of them in northern schools and colleges and universities, in government services in the north, in the northern markets, in businesses, hotels, estates , spare parts , building materials and all. I can’t wait to see them move back to their enclaves. I can’t wait to see them move out of Abuja with their compensation for their properties. That would the time for the north to start a true development. Agriculture, mining, trade and education with partnerships around the world.
Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by AnanseK(m): 7:32pm On Feb 17, 2021
LegendHero:

Distorting?

That will be the best thing to happen to the North. But the southerners are just pretending.

I can’t wait to see all of them in northern schools and colleges and universities, in government services in the north, in the northern markets, in businesses, hotels, estates , spare parts , building materials and all. I can’t wait to see them move back to their enclaves. I can’t wait to see them move out of Abuja with their compensation for their properties. That would the time for the north to start a true development. Agriculture, mining, trade and education with partnerships around the world.
Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by LegendHero(m): 8:14pm On Feb 17, 2021
AnanseK:

I can’t wait to see all of them in northern schools and colleges and universities, in government services in the north, in the northern markets, in businesses, hotels, estates , spare parts , building materials and all. I can’t wait to see them move back to their enclaves. I can’t wait to see them move out of Abuja with their compensation for their properties. That would the time for the north to start a true development. Agriculture, mining, trade and education with partnerships around the world.

May Allah grant your wish and everyone wish and make it disintegrate fast in a peaceful manner.

Amin!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by sirp9898(m): 9:05pm On Feb 17, 2021
DenreleDave:
Shame on alll Igbos igbos that wants a War in yoruba land.... Shame on you all..

No war will be fought here... Maybe we and hausa will fight in the East and scatter everywhere but not anywhere in SW

God bless yorubas

Edited: Only the guilty igbos will quote me..... Better Igbo men will agree with me that I said the truth........ Ipob is a cankerworm to the Igbo progress....

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Make we no fight oooo, all na cruise

See as Igbos Don full my mentions grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Small time ona yolobas go dey shout southerners dey includ igbos as if dey have anytin in comon
Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by authority2006(m): 10:12pm On Feb 17, 2021
Tajbol4splend:

Yes the Fulanis are guilty as hell,
Wrong

the two Hausa men who started the fight in Sasha market are guilty as hell too
Correct.

But did they stop after killing the those two Hausa men? No. Innocent have been killed alongside the guilty ones and that's exactly my concern

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by calcal: 2:13am On Feb 18, 2021
Northerners are a bloody coward if not let the attack start, we are ready. we don't need weapons to fight you. WEREPE AND BEES WILL DO THE JOB FOR US.
Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by NaMeAboki: 5:22am On Feb 18, 2021
LegendHero:

So based on your write up now, you put the blame on the Southern governors and media but failed to touch the root cause of this.

Fulani herdsmen have been killing people right from time but we Yorubas think Buhari will be able to handle it and we kept quiet and remained civil. When we see that Buhari is indecisive and it is getting out of hand, then our governors had to rise to the occasion with Akeredolu banning open grazing.

I hate the hypocrisy of the North. If the Yorubas are killing people daily in the core North and burning the Fulani man cow in Katsina everyday, what will be the reaction of the North? Don’t you think they would have resorted to violence and attack against the Yorubas since?

The Yorubas are one of the tribes that always show a lot of restraint before reacting and a lot of people took that as cowardice. But when you push people to the limit, there will always be retaliation.

Lastly, the Hausa man is not peaceful, they are not just as barbaric as the Fulani yet. Check all the history of ethnic clashes in the West, most of them are always as a result of a Hausa man striking first.

What I expect is that you guys should condemn the activities of the herdsmen in the south using any means possible and find a way to pressurize Buhari your kinsmen to act. But you did not of that but only apportioned blame to the Yorubas that are the victims of circumstance.

You guys claim to be educated and sophiscated but unfortunately always seem to limit your thinking and reasoning to a shallow one dimensional tribal perspective.

First of all, Buhari is the president of Nigeria and not of the Fulani tribe; he neither speaks for them nor is he responsible for them and the crimes committed by them, including those the minority criminal herdsmen amongst them.
It is therefore ludicrous logic to assume otherwise; just as it would have been ridiculous to hold Obasanjo responsible for the many human rituals and 419 crimes committed by the Yoruba when he was president; and similarly, Jonathan responsible for the militant crimes of the Niger Deltans.
Besides, how can you honestly link Fulani herdsmen/farmer clashes in the bush/villages on the one hand and consequently justify the unprovoked Yoruba attacks and killing of innocent Hausa market traders and residents in the city?
Pls stop talking through your anus.
Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by myobjective: 5:40am On Feb 19, 2021
QuotaSystem:
Northerners have proven they're not savage, impulsive anarchists like they've been stereotyped for decades.

There are however, several ways to skin a cat.

When you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

Core-north export barely sane savages to the rest of Nigeria. Idiots that will not think twice before drawing weapon or burning things to the ground. The fact that you think, others should just accept and move along is not surprising.

I'm not one of those people that will play the politically correct game to boost your egos since I see no future for the Yorubas with Sahelian. That being said, you can skin your cat anyhow you fill but trust me, if our interest can't be protected in this entity we'll go out of it.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by myobjective: 5:49am On Feb 19, 2021
QuotaSystem:

Not a single Fulani was attacked last time we checked, just poor, defenceless Hausa traders. Where is Iskilu Wakili?

Regardless of your taunt, Arewa will continue to shame and disappoint your kind that wants to the the Nation go up in flames so you can escape your inconsequential, irrelevant 2nd class status. Regardless, there are several ways to skin a cat.

Indeed you see.

Don't get carried away and crack your bony chest.

Anyone with half a brain knows that if the president wasn't from the north, the core north would have been burning as we speak. Because we know the average Sahelian don't think before they act. We also know that the fear that the Yoruba may be on the same page with the Igbo scare Sahelian to the bone. Since such a scenario can send the desert dwellers to 5 decades backwards if southern largesse are cut out impromptu.

Also, only a jobless moffos and someone that has never been to the north we care about the kind of relationship that exists between the Hausa and Fulani. The best thing is to cut them off to allow them to do whatever they want with themselves.

As for who are the Fulani herdsmen or terrorist dealing with, take a trip down to Zamfara, Katsina and Sokoto to see the real cowards that are being killed and, raped or kidnapped on daily basis. If this Fulani terrorist tries 20% of the shit they pool off in the northwest in the southwest or any part of the south, Nigeria would have burned.
Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by myobjective: 5:54am On Feb 19, 2021
LegendHero:

53% of Nigerien are Hausa and the truth is 98% of these criminals herders are Nigeria Fulani. The narrative that they are Nigerien is just to save face.

Also, sharing a forced identity like Nigeria doesn't make us brothers. A Hausa man from Daura is no different from a Hausa man from Maradi. In fact, a Nigerien Hausa or any that can speak Hausa are welcomed and treated better than even Nupewa or other Muslim northern minorities.

I have been living with the Hausas for over 35years to know how they think

3 Likes

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by myobjective: 6:00am On Feb 19, 2021
AnanseK:

This will only happen when a kobo of southern money is not used to fund budget or development project in the guise of federal allocation. Southerners will willfully leave the north when the country is divided or when fully restructured back to its ethnic constituents.

Smart southerners are already pushing back their investment southward. It wasn't easy for some of us that were born there but we just to have things back home. Despite all the ridicule, discrimination and the tendencies to give southern a shorter end of the stick when in most cases we contribute on an average, we still persevere until this point.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Crisis: Don’t Attack Southerners In The North – Northern Governors by gannod(m): 6:57am On Feb 19, 2021
Daprinxy:
...In all the happenings in Nigeria,this is the best answer to that and I've been trying to create out chance to write on this particular reasons they have failed to retaliate over there in the north because if it happens to be before,retaliation might have started in the north since..well,they are afraid of break up and every reasonable southerner is praying for them to retaliate, so that Nigeria will come to an end buh they saw through it and have been calm to retaliate since....buh,mark my word,Nigeria don't have much time again and it certainly must break up sooner than later and believe me,God have signed that and the way it will happen,the northerners wouldn't see it coming!!!!gracias::::

I agree with you 100%. The northern political elite knows any retaliation in the north would have dire consequences. It would lead to the disintegration of the Country. They are afraid of the breakup of the Country hence the restraint.
They know quite well that the insecurity in the north has weakened the north seriously, any civil war now would affect them the most. They are really scared of what the future holds for them. Anyway, when it is time to go our seperate ways, nothing can stop it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fire Pantami Now - The Nation's Editorial / Alex Otti Withdraws From Abia Governorship Race, May Dump APC / FG Should Take Note Ransom Was Paid For Kuriga School Children Release - Olawumi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.