Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,302 members, 7,957,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:31 PM

Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks (6134 Views)

Those Who Don't Mean Yoruba Well Are Urging Osinbajo To Contest - Bayo Osiyemi / Ozekhome: Why Northerners Are Scared Of Southern Governors’ Asaba Accord / Fulanis Hold Massive Protest In Paris Against Killing Of Their People. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by hotwax: 12:05pm On Feb 17, 2021
Pochettino:

Leave plenty talk oga...
WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE SOLDIERS THAT MASSACRED YOUR KINSMEN AT LEKKI?

You no fit read ni...wetin your kinsmen do python dance soldiers who killed ipob like mosquito insecticide? Tell us na
Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by Pochettino(f): 12:06pm On Feb 17, 2021
hotwax:

Your police no get ak-47. Atleast it was a matched armed civilian vs armed police.

Lekki armless protesters vs military. If you have brain, u will know it's not a fair fight.

What did your people do to python dance? Lolz...who beat that drum for python? Lolz

Just check this guy's hypocrisy

Soldiers vs unarmed Lekki protesters = unfair fight. Civillians can't fight them
Soldiers vs unarmed Biafrans = fair fight. Civillians should have fought them

Na wa for AFONJA grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by Pochettino(f): 12:07pm On Feb 17, 2021
hotwax:

You no fit read ni...wetin your kinsmen do python dance soldiers who killed ipob like mosquito insecticide? Tell us na

ESN dealt with soldiers last month and they fled for their lives

Now, over to you. What has Amotekun + OPC done to soldiers since Lekki shootings?
Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by hotwax: 12:10pm On Feb 17, 2021
[quote author=Pochettino post=99154963]

Now, over to you. What has Amotekun + OPC done to soldiers since Lekki shootings?[/quotel]

ESN did not exist during python dance..case close...next topic
Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by hotwax: 12:10pm On Feb 17, 2021
Pochettino:

Now, over to you. What has Amotekun + OPC done to soldiers since Lekki shootings?

ESN did not exist during python dance..everyone knew it was massacre...so shutup..case close...next topic

2 Likes

Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by Pochettino(f): 12:13pm On Feb 17, 2021
hotwax:

ESN did not exist during python dance..case close...next topic

Exactly why the retaliation took time...
You are even fortifying my argument grin ESN did not exist during python dance so no militia to defend Igbos then.

But... Amotekun & OPC existed during the Lekki massacre. Why did they not retaliate for their kinsmen butchered like goats??

1 Like

Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by Pochettino(f): 12:19pm On Feb 17, 2021
This guy has abandoned his own post and bolted in the face of hard facts! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 17, 2021
Pochettino:

You are even fortifying my argument grin ESN did not exist during python dance so no militia to defend Igbos then.

But... Amotekun & OPC existed during the Lekki massacre. Why did they not retaliate for their kinsmen butchered like goats??
rest this matter na...this is not a time for this
... let's face our common enemy

2 Likes

Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by Pochettino(f): 12:34pm On Feb 17, 2021
Samson0599:

rest this matter na...this is not a time for this
... let's face our common enemy

I agree

4 Likes

Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by hotwax: 1:37pm On Feb 17, 2021
Pochettino:
This guy has abandoned his own post and bolted in the face of hard facts! grin
My brain cells are dying replying you.
I need to engage reasonable people.

Just found out I'm becoming hateful. It's not my kind of person. You won. I need positive energy now...go on..u won.

By the way you sound like kid who just want to win an argument...
Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by EUEA: 1:46pm On Feb 17, 2021
cuse dey re not avengers
Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by Pochettino(f): 1:50pm On Feb 17, 2021
hotwax:

My brain cells are dying replying you.
I need to engage reasonable people.

Just found out I'm becoming hateful. It's not my kind of person. You won. I need positive energy now...go on..u won.

By the way you sound like kid who just want to win an argument...

He don come again. I dropped logic, you bolted.
If I introduce logic into your latest quote now & dissect it, you go run again...

1 Like

Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by P1PrinceKT(m): 2:19pm On Feb 17, 2021
Whiteangel1234:
The reason is very simple the Northerners dont want to destabilised Buhari Govt and APC

Try it after 2023 especially if a southern Become President

Most of Northern Riots was during Obasanjo and Jonathan Both are southerners

You nailed it.

After Northerner as a President, They will try it and See.
Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by P1PrinceKT(m): 2:25pm On Feb 17, 2021
KEVIND:

Good points you enumerated.
Another reason is that the Monolithic North no longer exist. The Nupes, Kanuris, Bachamas, Bakulung, Biroms, Chamba, Tivs, Idomas etc will no longer support the Hausa/Fulani to fight the South unlike before. This is their greatest fear & one of the reasons they didn't retaliate.

In your Massacre you're forgetful to distinguish the listed Tribes. you killed them and called them NORTHERNERS.

if you want evidence on that I will give you.
Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by christistruth01: 3:00pm On Feb 17, 2021
heendrix:

It's the gimmick of the North to divide the South who on Earth is that stupid to believe the Hoodlums who went on rampage were Igbos

From Nnamdi Kanu burn Lagos Audio

https://twitter.com/mickiebrownkie/status/1359410205692420096?s=20

Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by knowledgeable: 3:05pm On Feb 17, 2021
hotwax:
Many opinions have pointed out that Northern leaders are being diplomatic and civil for asking Northerners not to attack Yorubas. Atleast if you are aged over 15years. You would have learnt over the years that North is the hot bed of sectarian violence. Religion and ethnic cleansing is a commonplace in the north. Any cough in Yorubaland always lead to full blown massacre in the North.

But what changed this time around?

The number 1 reason is, Yorubas are getting tired of Nigeria and are becoming violent. Yorubas are getting tired of being accommodating, they have lost a lot (Lives and Properties) to being friendly host to other tribes. The level of fulani-hausa resentment is growing in Yoruba land. An average Yoruba man (Leave out the political class and their beneficiaries) want yorubas to leave Nigeria and start "Yoruba Nation".

In the past 10years, Odua nation was a poor selling brand among yorubas. But like Biafra people, Odua nation is getting popular among Yorubas both at home and in Diaspora. Many notable yoruba leaders are now publicly supporting Odua country. And this is becoming a shock to Northern leaders.

Northern leaders know that the unity of this country is at the most fragile point. Any attempt to avenge will cause more ripple effect and lead to full scale war. Some of us are aware of Yoruba secessionists who are preparing for militancy (Not Sunday Igboho gang). These set of people will take advantage of the situation and set the country on fire. Northerners know how brutal Yorubas can be. Ibadan attack was just a random burning of properties. But Ile-Ife was a massacre. Ile-Ife/Modakeke people have no joy when it comes to killing. These are just examples of what Yorubas are capable of.

Its a common knowledge even to the presidency that our law enforcement and military are overstretched or incapable. They are only trained to protect fulani interest and shoot at unarmed civilians. They have proven over and over that they cannot withstand an armed group e.g. Boko haram, Bandits, ESN, Sunday Igboho. Remember Yoruba-hausa clash in mile 12? When the police came to join hausas to shoot Yorubas. But the endsars protest that saw many police killed, many police stations burnt have shown Nigerian Nigerian police what bloody Yoruba civilian are capable of.

Fagba in Agege is also another example of what Yoruba tout are capable of. Next ethnic clash will be gory as Northern reliance on armed force for support will fail.

In addition, a civil war will end fulanization agenda. And fulanis are wise not to invest in any venture that can lead to them loosing power.

Nigeria unity is really very fragile now. God help us.

My own take;.. I think the Yorubas have come to the conclusion that the fulanization Agenda (and by extension, the whole North) protocol have entered the final phase. Not that the Yorubas(through their leaders) weren't aware of this strategic objectives of this fulani agenda.... after all,they the Yorubas believed, that they are equally stake holders in it( Dangote refinery in Yoruba land, Lagos Ibadan modern rail, Lagos to Kano, more deep sea ports & much more). Chinese dept trap loans meant for all inclusive balance infrastructural provision nation wide have being scured into a Continental agenda of control of energy, cement, agriculture, government governance in all the critical sectors. The Yorubas who were only 5 years back "sai babad" Buhari into presedency have all of a sudden realised that this agenda will swallow them up regardless of the benefits. I think they have done their cost benefit analysis & figured out that the agenda will bring with it eternal caste systems base on religion and ethnicity of them also will fall victim in the long run.

In my conclusion, I think the Fulanis and their global partners will make war in other to complete the final phase.... back tracking is not an option now, but the only caveat is that any misstep, they stand to lose everything forever, & thats why reprisals are not on the cards for now.
Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by Nmaster: 3:19pm On Feb 17, 2021
EzeAro:
More than anything else the breaking point and most fatal mistake of the North in over-testing Yorubas was attacking Yorubas in Ibadan which proved fatal. I'm an Igbo boy born and raised in Ibadan, and I know enough not to mess with Ibadan people...Ibadan is the beehive of Yoruba militancy and ruthlessness... all the most violent street thugs, street fighters, vigilantes etc you can find in the SW are headquartered in Ibadan. I witness lots of ethnic violence when growing up in Ibadan - especially Sango and Beere axis), and the brutality of the killings alone was scarring reminiscence for me.

Ibadan is the South East equivalence of Aba or Onitsha when it comes to having no joy, that's why Hausas can do nonsense anywhere in the East and maybe get away with it... but in Aba and Onitsha? it will be a Slaughter house for them.
Don't forget a lots of yoruba stays in North, if we did blood for blood na your fucking oduduwa people go suffer
Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 3:20pm On Feb 17, 2021
proxillin:
You forgot the sleeping tiger, waiting for opportunity to devour. IPOB, any full scale war is opportunity for IPOB to go on rampage. Those Northerners are calculative. They play chess very well. Infact they are chess masters.

Mind you, they will calm yoruba down. You can see the appointment bubu is giving them recently. And Tinubu their loyal servant will help them calm things down

Forget it. Yoruba can no longer be calmed down or swayed. Not any more.
No going back.

1 Like

Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by Daprinxy(m): 3:21pm On Feb 17, 2021
hotwax:
Many opinions have pointed out that Northern leaders are being diplomatic and civil for asking Northerners not to attack Yorubas. Atleast if you are aged over 15years. You would have learnt over the years that North is the hot bed of sectarian violence. Religion and ethnic cleansing is a commonplace in the north. Any cough in Yorubaland always lead to full blown massacre in the North.

But what changed this time around?...In all the happenings in Nigeria,this is the best answer to that and I've been trying to create out chance to write on this particular reasons they have failed to retaliate over there in the north because if it happens to be before,retaliation might have started in the north since..well,they are afraid of break up and every reasonable southerner is praying for them to retaliate, so that Nigeria will come to an end buh they saw through it and have been calm to retaliate since....buh,mark my word,Nigeria don't have much time again and it certainly must break up sooner than later and believe me,God have signed that and the way it will happen,the northerners wouldn't see it coming!!!!gracias::::

The number 1 reason is, Yorubas are getting tired of Nigeria and are becoming violent. Yorubas are getting tired of being accommodating, they have lost a lot (Lives and Properties) to being friendly host to other tribes. The level of fulani-hausa resentment is growing in Yoruba land. An average Yoruba man (Leave out the political class and their beneficiaries) want yorubas to leave Nigeria and start "Yoruba Nation".

In the past 10years, Odua nation was a poor selling brand among yorubas. But like Biafra people, Odua nation is getting popular among Yorubas both at home and in Diaspora. Many notable yoruba leaders are now publicly supporting Odua country. And this is becoming a shock to Northern leaders.

Northern leaders know that the unity of this country is at the most fragile point. Any attempt to avenge will cause more ripple effect and lead to full scale war. Some of us are aware of Yoruba secessionists who are preparing for militancy (Not Sunday Igboho gang). These set of people will take advantage of the situation and set the country on fire. Northerners know how brutal Yorubas can be. Ibadan attack was just a random burning of properties. But Ile-Ife was a massacre. Ile-Ife/Modakeke people have no joy when it comes to killing. These are just examples of what Yorubas are capable of.

Its a common knowledge even to the presidency that our law enforcement and military are overstretched or incapable. They are only trained to protect fulani interest and shoot at unarmed civilians. They have proven over and over that they cannot withstand an armed group e.g. Boko haram, Bandits, ESN, Sunday Igboho. Remember Yoruba-hausa clash in mile 12? When the police came to join hausas to shoot Yorubas. But the endsars protest that saw many police killed, many police stations burnt have shown Nigerian Nigerian police what bloody Yoruba civilian are capable of.

Fagba in Agege is also another example of what Yoruba tout are capable of. Next ethnic clash will be gory as Northern reliance on armed force for support will fail.

In addition, a civil war will end fulanization agenda. And fulanis are wise not to invest in any venture that can lead to them loosing power.

Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by Daprinxy(m): 3:22pm On Feb 17, 2021
[quote author= post=99161232][/quote]...In all the happenings in Nigeria,this is the best answer to that and I've been trying to create out chance to write on this particular reasons they have failed to retaliate over there in the north because if it happens to be before,retaliation might have started in the north since..well,they are afraid of break up and every reasonable southerner is praying for them to retaliate, so that Nigeria will come to an end buh they saw through it and have been calm to retaliate since....buh,mark my word,Nigeria don't have much time again and it certainly must break up sooner than later and believe me,God have signed that and the way it will happen,the northerners wouldn't see it coming!!!!gracias::::

1 Like

Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 3:22pm On Feb 17, 2021
Whiteangel1234:
The reason is very simple the Northerners dont want to destabilised Buhari Govt and APC

Whitewash
Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by Daprinxy(m): 3:52pm On Feb 17, 2021
hotwax:

Yes..I wasnt a fan of MNKanu. I hated him because of the way he insulted yoruba tribes. But he is matured now, he is carrying yorubas along now.

To be candid, if igbos loose Kanu, they will suffer. Yorubas still dont have that Kanu figure. No, not sunday Igboho.

Sunday Igboho is doing yes sir yes sir to obas and policians selling yorubas. This is making him ineffective. The progress he made has been eroded because he himself is laying low now.

He apologized to Ooni despite the fact that Ooni sold Yorubas to fulanis. Why apologize for Ooni wrong doing? When he apologized I knew its the end of Sunday Igboho.

Yoruba needs a warlord who does not dobale for anyone like Kanu
I used to read your comments here some years back especially your hatred towards Mazi Nnamdi Kanu,Biafra and Ipob buh why I have to comment here again is because you're a human being with a conscience and nobody is above mistake and what makes us sane is ability to reason and to realise our mistakes,maturely correct our mistakes without been arrogantly or proudly defendable towards our errors.brotherly,see eeh,you should stop changing words with the other Igbo guy because he or she was also right because the kind of hatred,curses and silly rants many of you dished and still dishing out to Igbos,Biafrans,ipob,Esn and Mazi Nnamdi Kanu are abhorring especially when He was warning of all these doomsday the fulanis are bringing to the south.remember that not everybody will bear,condone,forgive or forget that easily and again,you guys should know that the time for Igbos and Yoruba quarrel is gone....now is time for action because they have already brought war into southner's doorstep and is very obvious to everybody even to the blind except people deceiving themselves because of what they're benefiting from the useless contraption called Nigeria.
Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by Daprinxy(m): 4:03pm On Feb 17, 2021
Pochettino:

excuse me,he was wrong before buh have accepted his mistakes,so you guys should stop all these and move....besides,there's nothing amortekun could've done during endsars protest because amortekun is a political tools for Yoruba politicians and elites and again,endsars wasn't a Yoruba protest buh a nation youth protest and for the opc,they weren't existed then..

1 Like

Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by omoharry(f): 4:11pm On Feb 17, 2021
hotwax:

But what changed this time around?

thier son is in power and He is not doing so well In taking charge of things at the moment So they don't want to throw Nigeria into a full blown war that will be too much for him to handle .
Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by greencard: 4:56pm On Feb 17, 2021
Pochettino:

hotwax howfar? Where u dey?? grin grin

We still dey wait to hear the brutality you meted out to the soldiers that wasted your kinsmen...

Or did they go scot free on your own soil?
Because I know what ESN did to soldiers who did same in SE...
what do u aim to achieve with this narrative??
Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by 7lives: 6:21pm On Feb 17, 2021
hotwax:

At the initial stage, those mumu were saying hausas are currently killing yorubas and yorubas are running away. But when the real news came out. They started crying that what yorubas are doing is barbaric..its massacre..blahbklah...

Mentally imbalanced lot...call yoruba cowards now, in the next minute call them babaric when they have upper hands

grin grin grin And Yoruba have not even start trouble o.
When the wahala starts, those who called Yorubas cowards will cry to Hague.
Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by 7lives: 6:25pm On Feb 17, 2021
knowledgeable:

My own take;.. I think the Yorubas have come to the conclusion that the fulanization Agenda (and by extension, the whole North) protocol have entered the final phase. Not that the Yorubas(through their leaders) weren't aware of this strategic objectives of this fulani agenda.... after all,they the Yorubas believed, that they are equally stake holders in it( Dangote refinery in Yoruba land, Lagos Ibadan modern rail, Lagos to Kano, more deep sea ports & much more). Chinese dept trap loans meant for all inclusive balance infrastructural provision nation wide have being scured into a Continental agenda of control of energy, cement, agriculture, government governance in all the critical sectors. The Yorubas who were only 5 years back "sai babad" Buhari into presedency have all of a sudden realised that this agenda will swallow them up regardless of the benefits. I think they have done their cost benefit analysis & figured out that the agenda will bring with it eternal caste systems base on religion and ethnicity of them also will fall victim in the long run.

In my conclusion, I think the Fulanis and their global partners will make war in other to complete the final phase.... back tracking is not an option now, but the only caveat is that any misstep, they stand to lose everything forever, & thats why reprisals are not on the cards for now.

Na war o, rada rada.
Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by hotwax: 6:57pm On Feb 17, 2021
Daprinxy:
I used to read your comments here some years back especially your hatred towards Mazi Nnamdi Kanu,Biafra and Ipob buh why I have to comment here again is because you're a human being with a conscience and nobody is above mistake and what makes us sane is ability to reason and to realise our mistakes,maturely correct our mistakes without been arrogantly or proudly defendable towards our errors.brotherly,see eeh,you should stop changing words with the other Igbo guy because he or she was also right because the kind of hatred,curses and silly rants many of you dished and still dishing out to Igbos,Biafrans,ipob,Esn and Mazi Nnamdi Kanu are abhorring especially when He was warning of all these doomsday the fulanis are bringing to the south.remember that not everybody will bear,condone,forgive or forget that easily and again,you guys should know that the time for Igbos and Yoruba quarrel is gone....now is time for action because they have already brought war into southner's doorstep and is very obvious to everybody even to the blind except people deceiving themselves because of what they're benefiting from the useless contraption called Nigeria.

Yes lessons learnt
Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by hotwax: 6:58pm On Feb 17, 2021
omoharry:
thier son is in power and He is not doing so well In taking charge of things at the moment So they don't want to throw Nigeria into a full blown war that will be too much for him to handle .

I agree
Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by ChimaAdeoye: 8:19pm On Feb 17, 2021

Believe Fulani gimmicks at your peril.

They are really looking for a way to fight every group agitating against Fulani herdsmen atrocities piecemeal.

They are also aware that Nigerians are ready to defend their land against Fulani murderers in Nigerian army and those calling themselves herdsmen.
Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by Nigerianization(m): 10:06pm On Feb 17, 2021
Whiteangel1234:

You are wise.................They also tolerated the most under their brother's leadership. Say no to bigotry because the definition of FAILURE is the same whether under Obasanjo, Jonathan or Buhari
Re: Why Northerners Are Urging Their People Not To Avenge Ibadan Attacks by boldaslion: 1:16pm On Feb 22, 2021
hotwax:

Yoruba faced the police during endsars although they are miscreants and area boys. Remember police have not recovered yet. Thats a lesson to all that no one is a coward.

Ibo people can be afraid of soldiers as can be seen by python dance.

Your comments here is why yoruba mock you during the python dance. You hate yorubas but always claim victims when yorubas dont support you.

IPOB Nnamdi kanu insult yorubas everyday before python dance... So you expect yorubas to support you when you hate them.

The python dance order didnt come from a yoruba man. It came from your fulani Lord. And they dealt with you. Whose fault. Let your fulani lord go and do pyton dance in ibadan na..lets see how Nigeria breaks up.

It will be joy to watch

you are ignorant. if i may ask you, why did the 2nd Lekki toll gate protest fail? simply because Igbos were instructed not to join. You said Igbos are afraid of the army, but they had endless confrontations with the army all the time Nnamdi Kanu was held in prison despite shooting and killings, they kept coming out. Now, ordinary police at lekki toll gate, yorubas scampered for safety. The reason Igboho is still proving a strong man is because of the assurance from the IPOB leader. If you know you know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Someone Just Got Killed By UGM In My Front At Nnewi Now / El-Rufai Is An Expert In Turning A Rotten Situation To A Bad One— Tinubu Goofs / Young Boy Commits Suicide Over Peter Obi’s Lost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.