Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,909 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped (32910 Views)

14-Year-Old Girl Slashes The Joystick Of Man Who Almost Raped Her In Katsina / Charlie Champagne Arrests Gay Hairstylist Who Almost Raped His Friend In Lagos / How My Electrician Almost Raped My Nanny – Nigerian Lady Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by encryptjay(m): 10:53am On Feb 18, 2021
Run something like a sting operation, the guy would fall for the act. Let's not support despicable acts especially one that has to do with the ability of a stupid male who can't control his sexual urge.
Your sis should have stopped communicating with him—why is she giving him chance to apologize. He's going to try to win her over.
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Oju4190: 10:53am On Feb 18, 2021
For me.....Since deir is no evidence to back up the claim of attempted rape I think u shod not involve the police because it will just b an exercise in futility....It just Ur sister words and his.( No evidence no case). If Ur sister had record wen he was begging it wod have been okay to present to d police as evidence
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by iamL(f): 10:59am On Feb 18, 2021
RayJr:

Naturally she doesn't like prolonging issues, she always like to end issues immediately

Slap sense enter her brain! what if she has been raped?

Don't beat him up but arrest him and make sure he was dragged and disgraced publicly by the police.

He has been doing it and will still do it again. Imagine ordinary apology that means it has been normal to him.
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Goldbw122(m): 11:02am On Feb 18, 2021
That is how a behave he will tell you he will not do it again but trust me until he is caught he won't learn how lesson.. so you have to take action..
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Oju4190: 11:06am On Feb 18, 2021
RayJr:

Thanks a lot, I just cannot imagine what would have happened if she was raped, I didn't tell my mum because a lot would have happened immediately. But I report so at least he can write an undertaken never to do it again
If d guy denied it in front of the police wat wod u do. Do u have any evidence? U can't just go to the police and say someone want to rape Ur sister and u expect the police to put handcuff in the person's hands.Rape case or attempted rape case is not moi moi and beans oooo
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Vikinatty(f): 11:07am On Feb 18, 2021
RayJr:

Naturally she doesn't like prolonging issues, she always like to end issues immediately

No need for that since he was not successful, just warn ur sis to be careful so that such thing wont happen again
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Kingsean(m): 11:08am On Feb 18, 2021
RayJr:
Advice Needed: My Sister Was Almost Raped

Good evening guys, I trust Y'all had a great day.

I will try to make this as short and simple as possible.

My kid sister texted me on WhatsApp this evening saying she almost got raped by the guy crediting her online wallet for her, I drove straight to my mum's store because I was just leaving the office.

Now I met her and asked what's up.

She has an online wallet where she recharges decoders, pays electricity bills for people, sells airtime and data etc. She is a student and she's doing that business in my mum's store so she could help herself in school.

She said someone sent her 30k to pay his electricity bill and also recharge his decoder for him so she went to the guy's shop to get her account credited but he wasn't there then she called him and he directed her to his house in that same street very close to the shop.
She got there and the guy tried forcing himself on her, mind you she's on her period, she refused and during the scuffle she lost one of her earrings, she begged me not to take action that the guy has apologised, seeing that I was very hurt and I wanted to confront the guy at that moment. while she was explaining to me the guy called and kept on apologizing but I'm not having any of that.

I wanted to call some of my friends to beat up the guy but after she begged me, I still want confront the guy, warn him seriously but I need advice on if that's the best thing to do or which way do you think is best to approach the situation?

No insults please. Thank you all

take some strong guys with you to his place and give him a Stern warning. also take a document for him to sign that he would never come close to your sister anymore. let it be stated in the document that he tried to rape your sister. tell him if he doesn't sign it, you'd involve the police. once he has signed, just let the case rest and keep the document very well and make copies for the future. don't just jump to Nigerian police bro they can easily turn the tables on u. they are very corrupt. you may even be surprised that ur sister won't even testify against the guy for her own safety.
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Nobody: 11:18am On Feb 18, 2021
For you not to have reported this case bro you exposed many innocent souls that are yet to be caught off by that animal hiding inside human body.
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:27am On Feb 18, 2021
RayJr:

My kid sister texted me on WhatsApp this evening saying she almost got raped by the guy crediting her online wallet for her, I drove straight to my mum's store because I was just leaving the office.

She has an online wallet where she recharges decoders, pays electricity bills for people, sells airtime and data etc. She is a student and she's doing that business in my mum's store so she could help herself in school.

She said someone sent her 30k to pay his electricity bill and also recharge his decoder for him so she went to the guy's shop to get her account credited but he wasn't there then she called him and he directed her to his house in that same street very close to the shop.
She got there and the guy tried forcing himself on her, mind you she's on her period, she refused and during the scuffle she lost one of her earrings, she begged me not to take action that the guy has apologised, seeing that I was very hurt and I wanted to confront the guy at that moment. while she was explaining to me the guy called and kept on apologizing but I'm not having any of that.

I wanted to call some of my friends to beat up the guy but after she begged me, I still want confront the guy, warn him seriously but I need advice on if that's the best thing to do or which way do you think is best to approach the situation?

Confront him, and give him the warning of his life. Never condemn a man based on the first impression. He might not be like that with every woman. You may be surprised it was his first time.

All the same, confront him. Make sure your warning is firm, and make sure it condemns his act in full, without mincing words. What he did is criminal, and carries a harsh sentence in any jurisdiction in the world.

To report such a case to the police, you would need proof, otherwise it would be a waste of time. If you recorded his call while he was apologizing, then you can use that to press charges in the meantime.

But I must warn that cases are not as straightforward as lay people always see them. You may think you have a strong case against the guy, but you will be surprised that he may beat you and your sister in court, and even get compensation.

So, if you want to press charges, have solid irrefutable evidences. Because "my sister said this, my sister said that" are nothing but mere empty words in a court of law.
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:37am On Feb 18, 2021
Kingsean:

take some strong guys with you to his place and give him a Stern warning. also take a document for him to sign that he would never come close to your sister anymore. let it be stated in the document that he tried to rape your sister. tell him if he doesn't sign it, you'd involve the police. once he has signed, just let the case rest and keep the document very well and make copies for the future. don't just jump to Nigerian police bro they can easily turn the tables on u. they are very corrupt. you may even be surprised that ur sister won't even testify against the guy for her own safety.

You people are giving bad advice.

You can't force someone to sign a document.
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by ikorodureporta: 11:37am On Feb 18, 2021
Calm down. Your sister is matured enough to know what she wants. that's why she resisted. Maybe you for no hear anything like say show happen..

That's how humans behave!

If him no control himself, one day him too go get the result
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Innobee99(m): 11:44am On Feb 18, 2021
Something indomie and Egg can just give u for free oooooo
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by lordlugards: 11:47am On Feb 18, 2021
RayJr:

I made a contribution and was banned by anti spam

Like I said before I was banned, if the goung man is an Igbo business guy, no need to call police, he likes your sister and doesn't know how to go about it and make her his girl. His intention might not be to rape her, but to force her to himself. The most advice should be to your sister. He might be your future in-law.
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Stranger18: 11:54am On Feb 18, 2021
Misogynist!!!
shortgun:
Better you let sleeping dog lie.
The said guy have apologised and besides you don't know the ralationship between your sister and the guy.
There's a reason she told u not to go further with the matter.

Modified for those quoting me and insulting their ancestors
How do you provide evidence for attempted Rape?
Rape is one of the most difficult cases to get a conviction not to talk of attempted rape.

My point is OP will be wasting precious time trying to proof this case...which will still end in futility.

A little elderly advice: As a Man Never go to War on the account of emotional tales by a woman; be her your mother, sister, girlfriend or wife....many have gone.
If you like follow wisdom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by grandstar(m): 11:58am On Feb 18, 2021
pk2me:
He might be a rapist and has been doing that and getting away with it or may not be one. Secondly, he may have been lusting after your sister for so long but your sister has not been showing her the green light, may be he's the shy type.
Just warn him seriously and forget about taking it too far since he has apologize, but he should thank God that he didn't succeed because that would have been a serious case that would have kept him behind bars.

You're the first person insinuating shy guys rape! Never heard it before

I very much doubt shyness leads to rape. Shyness may even make it harder to rape as you may be too shy to even carry out the act on the victim.
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Aguogba(m): 11:58am On Feb 18, 2021
MejiLoyon:
If you confront the guy or beat am you've shown him mercy. He probably would have done it to someone and gotten away with it. And he probably will still do it to someone else.

Nowadays I can't stress myself. Report to the police and sue his ass to court. Let him be dragging with the law. When hand touch am he go learn lesson.

Don't confront him oooo. Make you no go use vex nack am better blow. I won't want to read about you on front page tomorrow. Igbere news no go cover you o
If she didn't record the phone calls, then they have zero evidence. But your Idea is good to prosecute him.
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Liposure: 12:01pm On Feb 18, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Most of them are here supporting leniency for their comrade in rape.

Meanwhile the scourge of rape draws closer and closer to them.
rape is an abominable act.
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Kingsean(m): 12:04pm On Feb 18, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

You people are giving bad advice.

You can't force someone to sign a document.

so what should he do? that document is the only evidence of attempted rape that he can easily obtain. you want him to just go to police without evidence so that police can dismiss the case and then the guy moves from frying pan to fire? shebi u saw Busola dakolo and fatoyinbo's case. how did it end? a case without evidence. his sister sef is not serious. all the times the guy has been calling her to apologise, she should have recorded the calls as additional evidence

1 Like

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by ebuka440: 12:06pm On Feb 18, 2021
You deserve a cold bottle of beer. You just made a point

shortgun:
The said guy have apologised and besides you don't know the ralationship between your sister and the guy.

Rape is one of the most difficult cases to get a conviction not to talk of attempted rape.

My point is OP will be wasting precious time trying to proof this case...which will still end in futility.

A little elderly advice: As a Man Never go to War on the account of emotional tales by a woman; be her your mother, sister, girlfriend or wife....many have gone.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Blackdisciple(m): 12:13pm On Feb 18, 2021
He is a. Modafucker.

Do d street style to him take ur real niggarrs along with a ripe look for him and guys can tie him up then threaten him so that he will know that every girl has this crazy brother at home.
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by kendological(m): 12:34pm On Feb 18, 2021
shortgun:

Wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:40pm On Feb 18, 2021
Kingsean:

so what should he do? that document is the only evidence of attempted rape that he can easily obtain. you want him to just go to police without evidence so that police can dismiss the case and then the guy moves from frying pan to fire? shebi u saw Busola dakolo and fatoyinbo's case. how did it end? a case without evidence. his sister sef is not serious. all the times the guy has been calling her to apologise, she should have recorded the calls as additional evidence

The document is not an evidence.

First of all, you don't even have the right to force someone to sign a document. You are coercing someone to do something against their will. That is not allowed under the law because if you force someone to do something, they do it because they are being forced to, and not because they really want to. There is a difference between a testimony made out of free will and one made under compulsion.

Second, the judge would know that you forced him to sign the document. And this could bring a counterclaim of coercion against you.

What he should have done is make recordings of the guy's admittance to attempting to rape. And even this is hard to prove, and can be costly. And the Nigerian Police don't like to spend on costly cases. In fact, it is OP and his sister that would likely be the sponsor of their own case, which they may still end up losing.

There have been a lot of miscarriages of justice regarding rape cases, that is why the police always thread carefully. So, you are the one who will be most likely to get your own evidences for the police to use to charge the person to court.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:44pm On Feb 18, 2021
Jeromejnr:

As a guy I agree with you.

I am disgustingly appalled by the low quality thinking of the average Nigerian here.

So because its not their sister, the OP should "die" the matter?

Jeez.

Hope you'll have agreed with her if we said "all Nigerian men"

I'm sure you think you're an exception from what she said, that's why you agreed.

No insult intended... I just feel she could have passed her message without the last line
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by mechanics(m): 12:45pm On Feb 18, 2021
Since he has apologised, let him be.
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by TheGift: 12:51pm On Feb 18, 2021
I know how angry you must feel, but please dont take the Law into your hands. Who knows? some of the boys you take to beat Him may also be rapists.

Just SIMPLY report Him to the Lagos State Domestic and Sexual Violence Team. https://dsvrtlagos.org/ They dont play with that kind of nonsense.

And if you are having second thoughts, remember, it was your sister today, it may be your cousin, friend, girlfriend or Wife tommorow.

RayJr:

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by TheGift: 12:53pm On Feb 18, 2021
I know how angry you must feel, but PLEASE don't take the Law into your hands. Who knows? some of the boys you take to beat Him may also be rapists.

Just SIMPLY report Him to the Lagos State Domestic and Sexual Violence Team. https://dsvrtlagos.org/ They don't play with that kind of nonsense.

And if you are having second thoughts, remember, it was your sister today, it may be your cousin, friend, girlfriend or Wife tomorrow.

RayJr:

Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by dangwarmai(m): 1:04pm On Feb 18, 2021
Your sister is not ready for a case, and you want to drink medicine for her headaches.
Gerrara hia!
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by realvikash: 1:05pm On Feb 18, 2021
pocohantas:

Impressive. The guy has apologized and should be allowed. I am sure OP also had this mentality till it got to his sister’s turn.

A good number of Nigerian men are so eeeeewww!

Allowed wetin!? angry
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:25pm On Feb 18, 2021
Op if you like dey dere dey dull,I swear to beatn you dey really hungry me.u suppose don amputated him hand ,you dey here dey seek advise.
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by wisdomkid: 2:25pm On Feb 18, 2021
tellwisdom:
Confirm from your sis how close she is to him.

BASTARD Rape apologist.
Re: Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped by lilbarracuda(m): 2:29pm On Feb 18, 2021
bleskid:
I'm BLESBOi# .... he should just let it go

Tell that to him.
Would you let it go if it was your sister?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

This Nigerian Man Is Wanted In Norway For Rape / Police Shoot Two Innocent Victims In Delta In Case Of Mistaken Identity (Graphic / Ritualists Murder Pregnant Woman In Kwara, Remove Foetus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.