Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,215 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:25 PM

America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole (72391 Views)

Ukraine Invites Russian Mothers To Fetch Captured Soldiers / President Mnangagwa Fires Joram Gumbo Over Power Outage For 8 Hrs Per Day / The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Jimi24: 11:36am On Feb 18, 2021
Grgton:
at least they are not used to doing that...it's just the situation they are trying to cope with...

but it's a shame here in Nigeria

It is a shame for Texas. Let me leave your inferiority complex and ignorance gor a minute.
Texas, the richest state in the US is home to a lot of ignorant people like you ..who only know oil and gas business and ranching.
They have a privately run power grid dependently mostly on fossil fuel power generation plants. Also because of rank stupidity their grid has no interconnectivity with other states so they cannot import power.
It was okay for a long while because Texas was mostly a hot state with a lot of crude oil and gas. Now God has shown that humility is important. Being grateful is important. A once in 5000 year cold blast has come and reset their brains.

My own issue is your lack of understanding that most countries get it wrong as well.
It is very stupid and ignorant to think only Nigerians make mistakes or have gotten it wrong. Pls open your eyes in the next three years. You will learn
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by heendrix(m): 11:36am On Feb 18, 2021
Nostradamus1:
Nigerians in Texas will just be flexing

As per no be new thing for them. Bad guy grin grin
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Eriokanmi: 11:37am On Feb 18, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Good luck convincing CNN that it was an act of God when Trump was president.

Do you mean Hurricanes Irma, Maria and Harvey. Those weren't acts of God according to CNN. They were caused by "Trump's stance on climate change".
It was a different scenario. Trump said there's nothing like climate change. He even detached America from the Paris climate group. When those hurricanes hit America, which was unprecedented in those areas, he was attacked for his stance on climate change. Texas' bad weather is another proof climate change is real and I wish this happened when trump was in office and he would have been attacked again...some strange climatic conditions happening in some areas considered to be alien to such...as educated as trump claimed to be, said climate change was a hoax.
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by DSC7: 11:38am On Feb 18, 2021
Mynd44:
They also got a bunch of wind turbines but the cheap governor decided not to pay the extra cash to protect then from harsh winters.

How many Boreholes have Buhari commissioned in Daura??
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by P1PrinceKT(m): 11:38am On Feb 18, 2021
Pochettino:
Nairaland moderators are a major source of our problems in this country.

Why move this to front page

Now Buhari will see this and deal with us then use this as justification that it happens in developed nations too!! Na wa!!

Do you think Buhari is aware with Southernersland Forum
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Angelfrost(m): 11:38am On Feb 18, 2021
Wow... I feel for them.

They have finally tasted what the average Nigerian has always seen as normal since Independence till date.

No average Nigerian should go to Hell... They have been through worse here.
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Vic74real: 11:38am On Feb 18, 2021
Hmmm.now the almighty America has now become a shit-hole country
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by gosmoney(m): 11:40am On Feb 18, 2021
osamz007:
RARE PICTURE OF OJUELEGBA IN AMERICA
dat is still better dan lekki grin

1 Like

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by heendrix(m): 11:41am On Feb 18, 2021
Nairalandian:
Buhari dey Nairaland okwa ya
which one is Oka waya again now
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by backnbeta(f): 11:44am On Feb 18, 2021
Nostradamus1:
Actually , you are wrong .

Their government caused it by being stingy and refusing to listen to experts
I wish our government can be as 'stingy' as theirs undecided
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 18, 2021
Eriokanmi:
It was a different scenario. Trump said there's nothing like climate change. He even detached America from the Paris climate group. When those hurricanes hit America, which was unprecedented in those areas, he was attacked for his stance on climate change. Texas' bad weather is another proof climate change is real and I wish this happened when trump was in office and he would have been attacked again...some strange climatic conditions happening in some areas considered to be alien to such...as educated as trump claimed to be, said climate change was a hoax.

Yeah yeah sure. So he's still to blame for this too. Oya clap for yourself.

1 Like

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Brunicekid(m): 11:45am On Feb 18, 2021
Pochettino:
Nairaland moderators are a major source of our problems in this country.

Why move this to front page

Now Buhari will see this and deal with us then use this as justification that it happens in developed nations too!! Na wa!!
You mean the President can't analyze matter?
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by abbeyty90: 11:45am On Feb 18, 2021
At least theirs is just for a temporary period and some might even claim insurance while our seems like is going to last forever.
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by frog12: 11:45am On Feb 18, 2021
wetin dey do BIDEN ??
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 18, 2021
Mynd44:
They also got a bunch of wind turbines but the cheap governor decided not to pay the extra cash to protect then from harsh winters.
The last harsh Winter in Texas and southern tip of USA happened about 16 years ago though
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by robosky02(m): 11:46am On Feb 18, 2021
They have join ajegunle

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by kolade560: 11:46am On Feb 18, 2021
Openyamind111:
This no go be big deal to Nigerians wey dey there.. grin
master of sufferness grin
Openyamind111:
This no go be big deal to Nigerians wey dey there.. grin
master of sufferness
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 18, 2021
Jimi24:

It is a shame for Texas. Let me leave your inferiority complex and ignorance gor a minute.
Texas, the richest state in the US is home to a lot of ignorant people like you ..who only know oil and gas business and ranching.
They have a privately run power grid dependently mostly on fossil fuel power generation plants. Also because of rank stupidity their grid has no interconnectivity with other states so they cannot import power.
It was okay for a long while because Texas was mostly a hot state with a lot of crude oil and gas. Now God has shown that humility is important. Being grateful is important. A once in 5000 year cold blast has come and reset their brains.

My own issue is your lack of understanding that most countries get it wrong as well.
It is very stupid and ignorant to think only Nigerians make mistakes or have gotten it wrong. Pls open your eyes in the next three years. You will learn
in all of this you have said,I can't still get it straight!! The truth is, it's a shame to Nigeria!! since independent we can't boast of steady electricity, water supply, infrastructure. now you understand me haa

1 Like

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by usmanbaba(m): 11:47am On Feb 18, 2021
Maxcollins042:
The gas in the pipelines, which powers water into residential buildings, froze due to uncontrollable weather conditions and not because of some inefficiency of those in the power sector. This should not be a news na. Abi the OP is trying to find a company in his misery?
Not be a news because it happened in America
Oyibo assliker spoted tongue
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by vikiphy89(m): 11:47am On Feb 18, 2021
Judolisco:
Dis ones go think say dem dey suffer now grin
I even see hashtag to twitter pray for texas grin
Place wey I serve for ekiti transformer been spoil for one year I no see light for my lodge

Haha my bro even for gbonyin lg them destroy every thing including poles,transformer when they get clash with nepa. For good seven years them no know wetin be nepa light, ironically na well water their indigenes dey use abi dem even drink am

1 Like

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 18, 2021
nairalandankrah:
Just a temporal glitch... Ours unfortunately, already has become a way of life.no thanks to APC..
But why only black community is affected?
RATHER THANKS TO PDP AND THEIR SYMPATHISERS.
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by jesmond3945: 11:48am On Feb 18, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
nothing new here n it can happen anywhere in the world which I believe will be fix writhing the coming weeks..but here in Nigeria, what has really worked, nothing..instead we keep heparin vision 2020 or is it now vision 2030....
not even one thing have been done right in Nigeria since 1960!
what do you mean nothing new? Because it happened in america? It is something new bro. People are doing shot put now as we speak.
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by OdenKelechi(m): 11:48am On Feb 18, 2021
michlins:
See how Nigeria government will use this rare scene to ask Nigerians to endure suffering and lack of social amenities

Thunder fire them.
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Socialproject: 11:51am On Feb 18, 2021
They still do in orderly manner . Just imagine Naija grin
osamz007:
RARE PICTURE OF OJUELEGBA IN AMERICA

1 Like

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by heendrix(m): 11:54am On Feb 18, 2021
Jimi24:

Tarrh my friend say what you know. which Texas?? what level would you put states like Maryland, California n New Jersey if Texas is the richest?? So far ion think Texas enter top 5 as at last December
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by nairalandankrah: 11:57am On Feb 18, 2021
maoolakanm:
RATHER THANKS TO PDP AND THEIR SYMPATHISERS.
Lols another APC sympathizer.. grin

1 Like

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by rottennaija(m): 11:58am On Feb 18, 2021
michlins:
See how Nigeria government will use this rare scene to ask Nigerians to endure suffering and lack of social amenities

You are already doing so
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Brushstrokes20: 11:59am On Feb 18, 2021
# RARE OCCURRENCE IN AMERICA but....

WAY OF LIFE IN NIGERIA !

1 Like

Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 18, 2021
Sometimes some kind things get advantage. Here almost everyhome get their own water. Power outage or not, water must dey
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Adakintroy: 12:00pm On Feb 18, 2021
Sometimes I wonder what will happen if this system frooze. If the internet suffers some irredeemable glitch.
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Urbannaira: 12:00pm On Feb 18, 2021
LMAOOOO.. I CANT EVEN LAUGH CAUSE NA NORMAL STUNT FOR THIS SIDE
Re: America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole by Blackman101: 12:01pm On Feb 18, 2021
hehehehehehehe- I hope this people don go employ naija people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Moment Theresa May Burst Into Tears As She Resigned As UK Prime Minister(Pix / Obama's Health Care Bill Is a Harbinger of the Mark of the Beast / The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.