Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State (22082 Views)

Frontpage -- Rivers State Results Comming In--inec Office At Aba Road Phc / Nigerian Journalists Struggle For Fried Chicken At Inec Office (Photo) / Jonathan Campaign Bus And Hilux Set On Fire At Suleja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by timbuktwo: 9:59pm On Apr 08, 2011
efisher:

My brother, you started off well but you went along the same path again. Remember that tomorrow is not the presidential election. Will you also blame GEJ candidacy for the fracas in Akwa Ibom between two governorship candidates? Haba!

i haven't blamed anybody for this particular act - or any others for that matter. there were killings in nigeria long before GEJ and there will be many long after him. what i am saying though is that GEJ candidacy has increased the level of hostility nigerians feel towards each other dramatically. this is FACT. all you need to do is look at this forum to see that. or look at the newspapers. or look at the markets. or the bus stops. when you are surrounded by constant tension and hostility the result is a snowball affect where "people" suddenly feel it legitimate to throw bombs.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by Flodel(f): 10:00pm On Apr 08, 2011
may God help us in this country. May the souls of the departed RIP. We argue within ourselves in this forum abt this politicians who mess around with the masses. May God help us.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by efisher(m): 10:02pm On Apr 08, 2011
Timbuk two, Do you think the tension would have been less if it were IBB vs Buhari? or Atiku vs Buhari?
I think not.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by calaway: 10:04pm On Apr 08, 2011
Yes the Day before yesterday a consignment of military uniforms and
Bullet proof vest where seized at the Kano airport and the
number of seized items played down by the media,
while yesterday there was a bomb blast in Kaduna that killed
2 people. and now these patriotic corpers have fallen victims.

For a while now I have been posting about the tactics and
ambitions and  of a section of this great nation.
We continue to witness the unleashing of pain and death
by means devoid of any restraint and its toll limited only to
arsenal capacity without moral or humane considerations.

How long will we continue to relate to these events as news?
In asmuchas some patriots are following these calculated
unfolding events in readiness to resist the ultimate goals
of the authors, fellow nigerians must awake to the truth
that we are not special and indeed as vulnerable to the attackers
as were the unfortunate the victims.
Condemn the Hausa and I tell you the good ones among them will
re orientate and refocus their brothers. Afterall even Nigeria as a
Nations stand queer in the league of Nations we admitted this and
so we r rebranding to foster global re-integration.

Hausa people must stop regarding other Nigerian lives as cheap
and there for their taking to drive any point home. WE
MUST CONDEMN THEM!!!!

More tales of Hausa carnage will be told in the days to come.
my post are regularly dleted for NL by SEUN. the truth is how
many more live will be lost before we react.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 08, 2011
So sad some people are desperately trying to prove a pointless point with innocent lives. These innocent bloods will be required of them and their crimes will be visited on their children and children's children. Their generations unborn will know no peace if they don't repent from their wicked ways.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by Beaf: 10:08pm On Apr 08, 2011
Arrest all Ciroma and all NPLF members, IBB, Atiku, Northernern Stakeholders, all Northern generals that attended the NPLF meeting, Kaita and every Northerner that has promised to make the country ungorvernable. angry
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:09pm On Apr 08, 2011
Pharaoh please let us take the time and respect these lives lost today, I would not go into what timbuk two is saying even though it does have some credence but I wholly agree with you that it is political. Which is why we are even a lot more angry, this government should nip these things in the bud, if this was another country the pdp would loose this upcoming elections hands down.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by timbuktwo: 10:10pm On Apr 08, 2011
efisher:

Timbuk two, Do you think the tension would have been less if it were IBB vs Buhari? or Atiku vs Buhari?
I think not.

we've already seen atiku vs buhari before. and it wasn't as bad as this.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by IykeD(m): 10:11pm On Apr 08, 2011
Sad news, just saw it on facebook a while ago. May the souls of the departed rest in peace. All these things happening further shows that GEJ and indeed PDP are unfit to rule this country. Bombing has become a norm in Nigeria and i hear his solution is that Nigerians should pray, as if we have not been praying for good roads, power supply, good educational system etc. Gej must not continue, if this is a plan by he and his men to cause confusion so that people will be scared to come out and vote, they have failed. These corrupt people can do anything, they are not  sure of JEGA helping them out again, so they can go to any length to cause confusion so that either people are scared to come out and vote or the elections will not hold in general and then Gej will continue in office. I see NATO fighters coming to naija soon.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by Pataki: 10:12pm On Apr 08, 2011
Obasanjo blessed Nigerians with the slogan of a ''do or die'' affair of an election.

The government in power rather than distance themselves from that stewpid comment by Obasanjo; rather embraced the man and made him their BOT chairman.

Never have I seen a government as useless as this GEJ's administration wherein one SINGLE BOMB ATTACK has been effectively handled and the perpetrators prosecuted. NEVER!

We all watch how criminal investigations are done in developed countries, we read, we analyze these events. Are we saying, the people behind these multiple bomb attacks are not Nigerians and cannot be caught? Are we saying we cannot mitigate these monthly deadly occurrences?

Why do we have a National Security Adviser? Why do we have an Inspector General of Police? Why do we have the State Security Service? Why do we have a President who swore an oath to defend and protect the citizens of Nigeria? And yet innocent Nigerians are killed by bomb attacks almost on a monthly basis. And we still have a President who wants to come back into power? Haba!

I would be insane if I do not know where to drop the blame. In a normal and civilized world, these happenings is more than enough for these useless and clueless elements in leadership to vacate the seat of power.

My heart is more than heavy to even string a line of cogent prayer for the innocent Youth Corp Members that died today. Who knows, I may even be friends to those young lives.

May God grant the heart of the parents involved the peace of mind to scale through this horrible moments they are in. Amen.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by apoti(m): 10:17pm On Apr 08, 2011
when did my naija turn afganistan and iran
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by cutesnub: 10:17pm On Apr 08, 2011
should I give up now, Nigeria??

You keep crushing me, sad
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by abasifo(m): 10:20pm On Apr 08, 2011
SAN FRANCISCO, April 08, (THEWILL) - A dirty bomb which exploded inside the Suleja, Niger State office of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has killed 25 members of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) and severely wounded about 48 others, according to multiple sources in Suleja.

THEWILL gathered that the explosion occurred at about 5.47. pm at the Kwamba area office of the commission just when corpers hired as adhoc staff by INEC for Saturday’s election were checking the notice board to know where they have been posted to.

Multiple sources told THEWILL correspondent in Niger State that the impact of the blast was so severe that it left many victims dismembered.

“The bomb must have been planted very close to the corpers because body parts were scattered all over the premises. The place was packed full when suddenly there was a loud bang,” one of our sources said.

THEWILL gathered that the remains of the dead and those wounded have been taken to the Suleja General Hospital.

The Niger State Police Commissioner Bala Hassan has relocated to Suleja while investigation into the incident has commenced, according to police spokesman for Niger State, Mr. Richard Oguche, who confirmed the blast.

He added that those who carried out the bombing would be apprehended.

No group has claimed responsibility for the blast.

Recall that last month, multiple blasts during a PDP campaign rally killed about 9 persons in the area

http://thewillnigeria.com/breaking/8159-Bomb-Explosion-INEC-Office-Suleja.html
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by efisher(m): 10:22pm On Apr 08, 2011
shocked If this report is true, we are in the middle of a war already!!! I do not see how corpers will come out tomorrow to conduct this election. If I were a corper, I will definitely stay at home.

From the report, it seems the corpers were targetted on purpose. The aim would be to ensure the election does not hold. The world is in turmoil already. Every problem seems to get worse by the day. Are we the next in this mad turn of events?
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by calaway: 10:26pm On Apr 08, 2011
@IYKED AND THE REST
IT BLEEDS MY HEAR TO SEE PEOPLE POLITICIZING MASS MURDER.
DEATH IS DEATH UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. "MAY YOUR MURDER
NOT BE SWEPT AWAY AS POLITICS".
NO HUMAN LIFE IS A BARGAINING CHIP NOT EVEN YOURS.
IF I CHOOSE TO KILL YOU THERE IS NOTHING GEJ OR PDP  
OR ANYBODY CAN DO TO STOP ME.
ONLY YOU CAN STOP ME BY EXPOSING ME WICKEDNESS.

A MURDER IS A MURDER.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by Beaf: 10:29pm On Apr 08, 2011
For those fools blaming PDP, there are PDP members among the dead. No other party lost lives; so smarter folk would look toward PDP's rivals and those who have promised to make the country ungovernable and have vowed to foil the elections to stop GEJ, because he is a Southerner.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by ugostefano(m): 10:30pm On Apr 08, 2011
nigerian politics should be made less attractive by removing the money aspect in it. i stay in a country where theres talks about an election but nobody is even interested. In the streets most people dont even know about this election. i myslef hardly flows the news about the election here. if money and future political/high postion seats/jobs are removed from nigerian politics there will be less interest and only people with geniune interest.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by efisher(m): 10:32pm On Apr 08, 2011
ugostefano:

nigerian politics should be made less attractive by removing the money aspect in it. i stay in a country where theres talks about an election but nobody is even interested. In the streets most people dont even know about this election. i myslef hardly flows the news about the election here. if money and future political/high postion seats/jobs are removed from nigerian politics there will be less interest and only people with geniune interest.

That would have been great. You can imagine how much our legislators are paid. They will do anything to get there.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by ziccoit: 10:33pm On Apr 08, 2011
New things we never seen/heard before happening on a daily basis today, A FRESH AIR in action.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by Nobody: 10:38pm On Apr 08, 2011
As usual all we will get from the presidency in condemnation. Same lines just cahnge location as date" we strongly condemn the blast and we will leave no stone unturned bla bla bla bla, yet another family will not sleep this night because of pain and heartbreak, while we are still condemning and leaving no stone unturned
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by Orikinla(m): 10:38pm On Apr 08, 2011
Crying, weeping and wailing will not bring back the dead or stop the worsening insecurity. We blame the PDP, because this is the ruling party that introduced their do-or-die politics since 1999. Majority of the militants in the Niger Delta were former political thugs, assassins, and other criminals used by the PDP. There have been more extra-judicial killings and terrorist attacks in Nigeria since 1999 to date. Start counting from the murder of those who wanted to expose the corruption in the political mafia of the ruling party. Look at the desperate way GEJ went after James Ibori after the death of Yar' Adua, but they were once political buddies in the same PDP. We have seen more homegrown terrorist bomb attacks since GEJ took over than all the years IBB and Abacha ruled. Corruption is the root cause of the insecurity in Nigeria and GEJ has failed woefully on both responsibilities. Since he goofed on the Abuja bomb blasts he has shown that he is an incompetent Commander-in-Chief and the current defence minister is incompetent. Instead of GEJ to tackle the terrifying state of insecurity he has paid more attention on his presidential campaign. He even failed to control crowds at the rally in Port Harcourt where people were killed in a stampede. The man has lost control, but he does not want to admit it. HE IS INCOMPETENT. Keep petty sentiments aside and address the head of state. The PDP has failed and should just be voted out.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by muami(m): 10:38pm On Apr 08, 2011
My heart goes out to all those who died in the blast. Its actually strange that when the North was ruling, there was no bomb blast in the North. Now that GEJ would soon win, they are busy bombing themselves. Is it a mere coincidence that the blast is only taking place  at states in the North where PDP is likely to win? How come we dont hear of bomd blast in places like kano, Kebbi, Zamfar and other CPC's strongholds? If Buhari likes let him bomb the whol North, he would still lose.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:39pm On Apr 08, 2011
Beaf:

For those fools blaming PDP, there are PDP members among the dead. No other party lost lives; so smarter folk would look toward PDP's rivals and those who have promised to make the country ungovernable and have vowed to foil the elections to stop GEJ, because he is a Southerner.
OH SHUT UP!
Since when did NYSC corp members become pdp members? and who said anything about rivals? I dont care whoever planned this bombing is an enemy of Nigeria. Dont you dare come here and divide people over this again, whoever did this is a monster, the bigger monsters would be those who know fully well that they have spent more time on coming back to office rather protecting us.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by timbuktwo: 10:40pm On Apr 08, 2011
muami:

My heart goes out to all those who died in the blast. Its actually strange that when the North was ruling, there was no bomb blast in the North. Now that GEJ would soon win, they are busy bombing themselves. Is it a mere coincidence that the blast is only taking place  at states in the North where PDP is likely to win? How come we dont hear of bomd blast in places like kano, Kebbi, Zamfar and other CPC's strongholds? If Buhari likes let him bomb the whol North, he would still lose.  

if only you lived in this country you would realise how wrong you are
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by Beaf: 10:41pm On Apr 08, 2011
Pataki:

Obasanjo blessed Nigerians with the slogan of a ''do or die'' affair of an election.

The government in power rather than distance themselves from that stewpid comment by Obasanjo; rather embraced the man and made him their BOT chairman.

Never have I seen a government as useless as this GEJ's administration wherein one SINGLE BOMB ATTACK has been effectively handled and the perpetrators prosecuted. NEVER!

We all watch how criminal investigations are done in developed countries, we read, we analyze these events. Are we saying, the people behind these multiple bomb attacks are not Nigerians and cannot be caught? Are we saying we cannot mitigate these monthly deadly occurrences?

Why do we have a National Security Adviser? Why do we have an Inspector General of Police? Why do we have the State Security Service? Why do we have a President who swore an oath to defend and protect the citizens of Nigeria? And yet innocent Nigerians are killed by bomb attacks almost on a monthly basis. And we still have a President who wants to come back into power? Haba!

I would be insane if I do not know where to drop the blame. In a normal and civilized world, these happenings is more than enough for these useless and clueless elements in leadership to vacate the seat of power.

My heart is more than heavy to even string a line of cogent prayer for the innocent Youth Corp Members that died today. Who knows, I may even be friends to those young lives.

May God grant the heart of the parents involved the peace of mind to scale through this horrible moments they are in. Amen.

You are lying.
Maybe you are forgetting that the first Suleja bomber was caught, because he is a CPC member like yourself? Mohammed Lado (CPC) remains in custody for the bombing that killed 11 children at a PDP rally: http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/18555-suleja-bomb-blast-court-remands-cpc-assembly-candidate-in-sss-custody
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 08, 2011
Prayers for the dead

To PDP,you can feel the wind of change coming and its blowing, it creeps on you at night,and seeps into your thoughts by day.
You feel something is wrong, but you cant place it.
So you try to behave like you did before, but the eyes are watching you,
Mocking you as they sing your praises, your money cant buy them anymore.you scramble,you meet,you organize, but the feelers are the same.
People have woken up, they are bored of your empty speeches,they curse you when you are  barely out of an earshot.
They no longer look at you with awe, but disgust.
You blow your sirens and on the streets they look at at u as a nuisance,
what do u do,you will try and try,but u know deep down something is changing and something is wrong
No one can ever stop change,it can be delayed but never avoided
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by muami(m): 10:43pm On Apr 08, 2011
Beaf:

Well said!
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by Beaf: 10:43pm On Apr 08, 2011
Chrisbenogor:

OH SHUT UP!
Since when did NYSC corp members become pdp members? and who said anything about rivals? I dont care whoever planned this bombing is an enemy of Nigeria. Dont you dare come here and divide people over this again, whoever did this is a monster, the bigger monsters would be those who know fully well that they have spent more time on coming back to office rather protecting us.

I have noticed that you talk through your stinking arse 99% of the time:

Officials said the blast appeared to be a bomb which struck a day after one person died in a bomb blast in Kaduna.

Gunmen meanwhile killed four people in the northern state of Borno.

[size=14pt]The dead included an official from the ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP),[/size] who had been preparing to distribute election materials on Friday hours ahead of the parliamentary polls, police say.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13021093

You are a fool, but don't realise it. You blamed the PDP earlier, not so? Now that you've learnt that PDP was amongst the targets, you're talking crap about "dividing people."
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by muami(m): 10:45pm On Apr 08, 2011
timbuk two:

if only you lived in this country you would realise how wrong you are

Please educate me with facts
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by debeginin(m): 10:46pm On Apr 08, 2011
Honestly the way we c  and say things sometimes baffles me!Everything is wrong with this govt. Now pharaoh and co,we were all calling for the heads of NASS members cos of their budget allocation,wat did Jonathan do?increased their allocation by almost 100%.Won't those blood thirsty demons(politicians) kill to be part of the merry(looting)?.Secondly Security lapses.Tell this govt. to hire these unemployed youths roaming the streets as SSS,Soldiers,Police etc. their response?Your guess is as good as mine.Why won't there be all these?Tell us!tshewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by monkeyleg: 10:48pm On Apr 08, 2011
Why is it that at the slightest argument, insults thrown everywhere. please lets respect each other. Nigeria is going through very trying times, we must all pull together, no matter what party you support and condemn this heartless henous crime.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 08, 2011
the truth is that all these bombings is being carried out by northerners sympathetic to the presidential course of general buhari and Nigerians should brace up for more bombing if buhari does not win the presidential election.

whether we like it or not the way buhari is going about his presidential campaign will only lead to anarchy and blood bath, especially, in the north.

how i wish this country was never amalgamated.

these uneducated northerners are like cows that only follow in one direction without thinking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters / 2023 Presidency: Buhari’s Associates Search For Southern ‘legacy’ Candidate / Hisbah Police Destroy 3600 Bottles Of Beer (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.