Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State (22085 Views)

Frontpage -- Rivers State Results Comming In--inec Office At Aba Road Phc / Nigerian Journalists Struggle For Fried Chicken At Inec Office (Photo) / Jonathan Campaign Bus And Hilux Set On Fire At Suleja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by Kenyy: 2:05pm On Apr 09, 2011
prodam:

its a pity that the people ivolved, are not even aware of all this struggles and brainstorming going on here in  nairaland
My good brother, for your information, they are people here on the payroll of PDP & Co, so ", all this struggles and brainstorming going on here in  nairaland" is not in vain!
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by Beaf: 2:07pm On Apr 09, 2011
[size=14pt]Blast at polling station in northern Nigeria[/size]
Sat Apr 9, 2011 12:39pm GMT Print | Single Page[-] Text [+] LAGOS, April 9 (Reuters) - An explosion hit a polling booth in a neighbourhood of the northeast Nigerian city of Maiduguri during a parliamentary election on Saturday, an emergency official said.

"There is a possibility of casualties," said Yushua Shuaib, spokesman for the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA). He said the polling station was in the Unguwar Doki neighbourhood.

Around 100 people have been killed in the run-up to elections in Africa's most populous nation, including 10 who died in a bomb blast at an election office on Friday. Nobody has claimed responsibility for that explosion.

(Reporting by Nick Tattersall; Editing by Matthew Tostevin)

http://af.reuters.com/article/nigeriaNews/idAFLDE73809N20110409

Unguwar Doki is where Boko Haram had their headquarters.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 09, 2011
I'm a corper and I refused 2 participate in dis elections cos I knew , it wud b violent, I told most of my friends not participate in d elections, all of them said no, reason being that d pay is 2 small, how does the gov expect us 2 live on #9,735 in a month. now see what has happened 2 those corpers looking for more money 2 survive. The scheme should b scrapped embarassed angry
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by Iwuss: 2:28pm On Apr 09, 2011
[color=#990000]why do respectable men tell crazy lies to Nigerians? whom does the NYSC boss intend to deceive by denying the fact that corps members died in the bomb attack. who were the ex corpers that died only because they were EX while serving corpers had shear injuries? Tell those lies to my little junior and his response will be, uncle is lie lie. angry
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by Kenyy: 2:28pm On Apr 09, 2011
steph7:

I told most of my friends not participate in d elections, all of them said no, reason being that d pay is 2 small, how does the gov expect us 2 live on #9,735 in a month. now see what has happened 2 those corpers looking for more money 2 survive. The scheme should b scrapped embarassed angry
Thank you my brother. Please join in fighting 12years of INSTITUTIONALISATION of poverty in Nigeria.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by nwaghana: 2:32pm On Apr 09, 2011
steph7:

I'm a corper and I refused 2 participate in dis elections cos I knew , it wud b violent, I told most of my friends not participate in d elections, all of them said no, reason being that d pay is 2 small, how does the gov expect us 2 live on #9,735 in a month. now see what has happened 2 those corpers looking for more money 2 survive. The scheme should b scrapped embarassed angry

The immoral and criminal activities being carried out by Nigerian rulers and politicians is unspeakable.  They get hardship allowances, wardrobe allowances, transport allowances, travel allowances, sitting allowances, newspaper allowances, laughing allowances, sleeping allowances and all kinds of allowances totaling over 100 million naira a year; this is outside their wages and other side monies legally or illegally obtained. While a corper gets less than 10,000 naira a month and civil servants are still celebrating an increment of their minimum wage to 18,000 naira a month. This government has to go. They really have to.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by ceah(m): 2:37pm On Apr 09, 2011
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by Iwuss: 2:39pm On Apr 09, 2011
I think the serving corpers should insist on something being done to ensure their security / insurance if INEC should continue using them. the chicken pay is not worth the risk especially is such a volatile political era.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by Kenyy: 3:03pm On Apr 09, 2011
Iwuss:

I think the serving corpers should insist on something being done to ensure their security / insurance if INEC should continue using them. the chicken pay is not worth the risk especially is such a volatile political era.
My friend, please be informed that the only 'thing' that compelled majority of the corps members to join INEC in conducting the April election is POVERTY(actual and potential)- #30,000 for 3days as against less than #10,000 they receive for one month. If I was a corps member, I do not think I would prefer #30,000 for 3days to less than #10,000  for one month. Lest I forgot, I challenge any corps member currently participating in conducting the ongoing polls to come out and say he/she was forced to do so.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by Bensonite: 3:41pm On Apr 09, 2011
Kenyy:

My friend, please be informed that the only 'thing' that compelled majority of the corps members to join INEC in conducting the April election is POVERTY(actual and potential)- #30,000 for 3days as against less than #10,000 they receive for one month. If I was a corps member, I do not think I would prefer #30,000 for 3days to less than #10,000 for one month. Lest I forgot, I challenge any corps member currently participating in conducting the ongoing polls to come out and say he/she was forced to do so.
Kenyy:

My good brother, for your information, they are people here on the payroll of PDP & Co, so ", all this struggles and brainstorming going on here in nairaland" is not in vain!
Your reasoning is disturbing to this thread.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by Iwuss: 3:52pm On Apr 09, 2011
I challenge any corps member currently participating in conducting the ongoing polls to come out and say he/she was forced to do so.

You are saying the right thing and at the same time contradicting your statement. The corps members were forced by too many factors although you stated one of them - poor allowances as a corper, but considering the goings on some of which the corps member did not foresee, would you say that the pay is worth the risk? Is the 10,00 per election worth the volatility of the elections of now? Just after the years of higher education.?
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by Sarahluv(f): 4:15pm On Apr 09, 2011
The death of any human being brings sadness to well meaning people. That the human beings in question are corp members who are serving their father land in a purely civil capacity, makes my heart heavy. May they rest in peace.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by 10cirenoh: 5:46pm On Apr 09, 2011
RIP the dead.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by jmaine: 5:59pm On Apr 09, 2011
10cirenoh:

RIP the dead.

Exemplary post by honeric01 sorry 10cirenoh   tongue. . . unlike the blame merchandise being peddled on this thread.

Sarahluv:

The death of any human being brings sadness to well meaning people. That the human beings in question are corp members who are serving their father land in a purely civil capacity, makes my heart heavy. May they rest in peace.

Seconded
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by plahtnaum: 7:06pm On Apr 09, 2011
O LORD! BRING DELIVERANCE TO THE CHILDREN OF MY COUNTRY AND THE COUNTRY OF MY CHILDREN!!

HELP US GET IT RIGHT THIS ELECTION TIME.

FRUSTRATE THE COUNSEL OF THE EVIL ONES IRRESPECTIVE OF WHATEVER MASKS THEY CHOOSE TO WEAR!!!

RIP 'MARTYRS'

MAY JUSTICE (SPIRITUAL, PHYSICAL, MEDICAL, SOCIAL, AND PSYCHOLOGICAL) BE METED OUT ON THE PERPETRATORS OF THIS SHAMEFUL ACT!!!
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by Guylan(m): 8:58pm On Apr 09, 2011
We were warned, weren't we? Wild wild north in the making.
May God continue to guide the 1914 amalgamation until His will is done.
RIP heroes. sad sad
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by hsadiq(m): 2:11am On Apr 10, 2011
Nigerians are really learning fast.

But why do we learn bad things faster than good things?

Very soon now, we would have "Nigerian Al-kaeda" Group

Damn!
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by Orikinla(m): 5:55am On Apr 10, 2011
I am begging all Nigerians in the Almighty name of the one and only Supreme God, Please, reject the PDP.  While people are caring and mourning the death of innocent Citizens killed in the bomb blasts at the INEC Office, I saw the President and his wife smiling and dancing at a colourful reception in his hometown on Saturday. Instead of ensuring the security of INEC staff 24/7, he was visiting Abia State for a ceremony planned to campaign for the re-election of governor Theodore Orji who is related to his wife. This is evil! Put petty sentiments away and face the realities before us. The PDP has failed woefully. Even if Pope Benedict or Barack Obama is the presidential candidate of an evil party, I will not vote for him. The devil always comes to you pretending to be humble and innocent and appealing for consideration, but Jesus Christ said  hypocrites are worse than sinners. Where was Mr. Goodluck Jonathan when the PDP was rigging and causing political mayhem in 2003 and 2007? He has always been there planning and plotting with the evil PDP to oppress the nation. His wife is equally guilty. That is not the kind of First Lady Nigeria needs. Only a witch will be dancing and smiling when the nation is mourning. His wife is a wicked woman. Tomorrow she will pretend to care and visit the victims for the publicity. But afterwards, she is off shopping and scheming. Have you asked what happened to the billions of naira spent on the 50th Independence Anniversary of Nigeria before the Abuja bomb blasts? There are so many evils being swept under the carpet and God is angry. If you do not get rid of evil, evil will get rid of you. I will not say more on this thread. Because, any God fearing reasonable person will never support or vote for an evil thing. I am using my news blogs to tell all  voters DON'T VOTE FOR THE PDP. Use your mobile phones to circulate the message in English and other Nigerian dialects.  May God comfort the bereaved.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by VolvoS60(m): 7:51am On Apr 10, 2011
Quote from Pharoh
#22 on: April 08, 2011, 08:21 PM »

“I am tired of Nigerians blaming pdp for everything that's why i mentioned it first because i know they will still come to blame pdp. We are so blinded that we cannot ask soul reaching question anymore because i very much doubt that this is the reason a police investigator will take in trying to resolve this disaster.”

Quote from Pharoh
#29 on: April 08, 2011, 08:42 PM »

“Do you honestly think it is easy to fight crime anywhere in the world and do you think the work of a security chief is that easy to do that you have to compare it with that of the INEC's Job. Have they been able to solve all the crime in united states, do you see what is happening in Mexico because they want to fight the drug mafia. Columbia is there to show you when they tried to fight the drug mafia as well.”

Quote from Pharoh
#37 on: April 08, 2011, 09:09 PM »

“You can't try to blame the government when it is clear that your definition of the government is the pdp all along. They are surely responsible for providing all that but the government we are talking about here goes all the way back even to the 1960s and 1970s. Like i told you before i surely
do blame the security chiefs for not doing their jobs but it is important for us to define this government that we are blaming. Anyone that wants to just blame the pdp government is not sincere about solving the problems of Nigeria and that's the issue i am raising.”

Mr. Pharoh,

Your sophistry remains unparalleled and will not go unchallenged. We have locked horns on this board before – I went through just one or two of your posts on previous threads ä long time ago and I decoded you right away. Those who are just figuring you out have indeed come late to the party.

I concede sir, your right to hold a contrary opinion, (whether it be for pecuniary reasons or not). The problem I have with you sir, is your doublespeak and thinly disguised attempts to portray yourself as a balanced critic genuinely interested in searching for the truth. Whereas only a cursory glance at your posting history reveals who and what you truly represent. Show your hand, man, show it, God damn it!!!! I never yet could trust a man who could speak from both sides of his mouth at the same time.

There are some people on this board who have declared their stand in favour of retaining the status quo and we know them for who they are. With them at least, we know where we stand. You on the other hand, craftily veer between statesman and demagogue, working hard to deceive the unwary and the undecided. Mixing just the right amount of truth and untruth to create doubt in the minds of the naive and the unschooled.

But you shall fail, fallen angel. You shall.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by VolvoS60(m): 8:19am On Apr 10, 2011
Quote from muami
« #85 on: April 08, 2011, 10:38 PM »

“My heart goes out to all those who died in the blast. Its actually strange that when the North was ruling, there was no bomb blast in the North. Now that GEJ would soon win, they are busy bombing themselves.”

Quote from muami
« #106 on: April 08, 2011, 11:08 PM »

“If you are 'cluefull', you would have realised that all the people you mentioned have something in common. They are all Northerrners. Its all about the wild wild north! Dont you get it?”

Quote from kleffReBIRTH
#219 on: April 09, 2011, 12:48 AM »

Muami! 4m your nam i kmw your a muslim n also an uneducated 1! If only u went 2 skul u wuld av seen da handwritins on da wal! Wat is an old fool lik buhari comin 2 do as da president? Let me gues! His gon totaly brok n needs 2 steal som money 4m nijas purs abi? Wel dat ent hapenin! Not in his lif tim! By da way, i urge u 2 try n advise your felo usles uneducated muslems in jos not 2 atempt any tin silly cos if dey do! Dey wil knw dat kaki no b leda! We wunt hasitat 2 hunt dem down lik whild animals dey!

Quote from muami
#223 on: April 09, 2011, 12:52 AM »

the only thing I understand from your 'long' post is the first word which incidentally is my name. No wonder the failure rate is so high now in Waec and Neco.

^^Confusion Break Bone (CBB).

Mr. kleffReBIRTH,

You don’t even know how to deceive your own self.

In spite of the seriousness of the situation, your post provoked some laughter from me. You clearly didn’t read the script before setting out on your mission and now you have set upon your fellow traveller muami with “friendly fire”. Your handlers must be seething with rage at how you have botched the simplest assignment given to any operative in the history of your unit. All you have succeeded in doing is providing comic relief for the main combatants on this thread.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by obongtunji: 10:49am On Apr 10, 2011
Just because of power. Sometimes i even prefare military rule.
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by SexyBabie(f): 12:23pm On Apr 10, 2011
can c 9ja as future bagdad. Lol
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by sley4life(m): 7:48pm On Apr 10, 2011
bomb is like onion in the market
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 10, 2011
Re: Bomb Explosion In Inec Office At Suleja.niger State by focused345: 9:23pm On Dec 28, 2011
@post :

Atiku, Babangida and other losers at work. Their darkness will be exposed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

2015: Sambo’s PDP Reconciliation Moves Unsettle APC / Olayinka Olayanju: Some Arrested Ibadan Hoodlums Linked To Makinde’s Aides / Drones To Detect Terrorists To Be Made In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.