Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

One Is Enough - A Story - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / One Is Enough - A Story (505 Views)

Lady Shares A Story Of Her Husband Has Never Made Love Since They Got Married / My Male Friend "Raped" Me (A Story Of Close Intimacy With Opposite Sex) / Crushed, A Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Is Enough - A Story by Usorohtheman(m): 2:07pm On Feb 20, 2021
And that was how Mr. Emeka left his family and children to die like chickens because he was too nice.

As I make my way up to the junction where I can get a cab to where I was going, I noticed the face of the people on the road that were passing me without saying a hi, then I knew that we were not one. So I decided to start writing this story addressing it to Mr. Emeka.

Emekus as he was fondly called in his neighborhood was everyone's favourite. When I mean everyone, you should know what I mean. He was a lady's man. Right from when he had been young, he is always seen around girls. He was never around the guys. Mhen, we thought he was gay. so, we let him to his fate. But Emeka was way smarter than us because he thought he saw wiseness in girls and he decided to learn from them. He was not gay...

to be continued
Re: One Is Enough - A Story by Usorohtheman(m): 3:22pm On Feb 20, 2021
Hey, before I continue, I hope you can keep a secret.

So, that was how Emeka met this girl when he was in SSS1 at St. Peter's Secondary School. Her name was Favour. They met when they were at the playground trying to cut the flowers around the field.

I was just sitting on my own oooo on the fence when I saw Emeka running and shouting "angel, angel, �." That was when I knew that this guy's psychology is superb. I said to myself that this guy must be my guy.

I jumped down the fence, ran to him and said with a harsh face
"guy, you be bad boy oooo. Why you want play that girl like that"?

" ohh, you see wetin I do? Emeka retorted.

"Yes na, I saw it, you were too smart. That girl's mind has been blown away. Don't worry, you no need toast am again. She don already be your bread" I said jokingly.

"My guy, see ehh, I am falling in love with that girl. People have been falling in love but me, I amfalling in love" he said with a smooth face that looks like a god. This was the first time I am noticing him closely since I joined this school.

He had missed one of his tooth and the diastema in his mouth was very wide and he kept trying to laugh while using his hands to close his mouth. Maybe he was ashamed but I would not know. He also got a tiny scar on his face that I will come to explain to you later, how he got it

We kept on taking about so many things on why we were in school. He said, "guy, do you know that education is not a scam? "Of course, I know" I said. As we were discussing, I got to realize that this guy was actually a cool guy that is hiding behind the ambience of been close to women because of inferiority complex or maybe he wants to stay alone but people won't let him be.

"Emeka, Emeka" favour called interrupting our deep conversation that was about to yield something tangible. Well, love is strong. " Guy we go see later na". "Okay bro". We said our goodbyes and I went into the class as it was almost time to break over.

Meanwhile, the spark of love has started sparkling around the eyes of this two love birds that didn't know that love is sacrifice. However, life is a teacher, so we must learn everything before leaving whether intentionally or unintentionally. So, they will learn the sacrifice for love.

Emeka and Favour ran to the backyard in the school to profess their love to each other. " I will be your love even when the sun will no longer exists, I will fly with you to the heavens, from there, I will show you to the world" Emeka told his lost but found rib. " wow, that means I am the luckiest girl in the world for someone like you to love me. You are my prince, my world and my guarding angel. Thank you for loving me. I love you too" They kept on going and going with this pleasants words as it was making the butterflies in their stomach tingle and they were happy.

Oh
Love, how magical you are.
Nobody can control your magic.
You come to those that are willing,
To them that finds you,
you let them find you.
And you give them peace.
Love weldone oooo

Emeka became a poet from that moment.

To be continued
Re: One Is Enough - A Story by Usorohtheman(m): 4:44pm On Feb 20, 2021
It wasn't long before break was over..but Emeka and Favour have been carried away by the wind of love and they have totally become so encased in their lovey-dovey play.

As at when all this scenes were playing, there stood a lanky guy that was standing and watching all that was happening. He was the school gossip..The principal has even decided to employ him as a gossip because it was if there was no need for CCTV since this natural one is around. His name was Kunle. Kunle's biggest problem was his mouth. It was the biggest thing on his face as it was never close. Always vomiting venoms. A close mouth is a close destiny- that sentence can never make meaning to kunle because when can you see his mouth close?

Kunle had been asking fortune out to be his girlfriend and she had blatantly told that "see I could be your girlfriend, if only you can vomit money from your mouth". So, Kunle had decided that he would teach her a lesson. And this was an opportunity.

He saw when Emeka and Favour went to the backyard and he knew that even if they were not doing anything too wrong, they were not supposed to be there at the time, they were there. They were suppose to be going to their class. This made Kunle to become very happy and he was practically screaming in joy as he was jumping to the staffroom to report that some persons were at the backyard alone doing something wierld and there were a boy and a girl.

Kunle saw Mr. Michael and said, "excuse me, Sir. I want to report a matter to you that will put all of us into trouble if we don't act fast"
And with that,
Re: One Is Enough - A Story by ozome15(m): 4:59pm On Feb 20, 2021
Continue
Re: One Is Enough - A Story by Usorohtheman(m): 8:03pm On Feb 20, 2021
ozome, thanks for the encouragement.

So that was it. Mr Michael was a teacher that does not like trouble. He was always too very careful with how he reacts to issues. Also, who doesn't know that in this school, if every radio in the world stops talking, Kunle will never stop. And you have to be wise when dealing with him, else you will end up becoming a public disgrace. The boy can exaggerate things. "Kunle, you know that your mouth is the one controlling you and please I'm trying to avoid your trouble. You can report the matter to another teacher because as you can see, I was heading somewhere" Mr. Michael said.

Kunle felt a little bit of hurt inside of his body because he knew that when it comes to flogging, in this school, Mr. Michael was the best. Just two weeks ago, he flogged a boy, the boy urinated on himself and the next day, he flogged the parents of the boy too. They came to school to intimidate him, but he was ready for them. So since then, he has been queried by the school management, to not ever flog anybody in this school. And so, that has made him cool. But it was just temporarily. I think Kunle knew it.

With that anger in him, he dashed again to the staffroom looking for Mr. Belleti. Mr. Belleti never listens to caution. He was always fighting with a student or a teacher. The school management has given up on him. It looks as if he employed the owner of the school because I wander what a teacher that is as Savage as an agbero would be doing at St. Peter's. Truely, you don't have to judge a book by it's cover. Seeing is deception.

When he saw Mr. Belleti, he knew that those two love birds were going to pay for what they did not do. Mr. Belleti with his pot belle on hearing that some persons were at the backyard, left the food he was eating. He stood up with a smile on his face that look like he just finished eating a frog. And with an accent that was as thick as that of a typical yoruba said" are you sure they will still be there?" "I am more than sure Sir, the early will go, the quicker will we stop this heaven from falling" Kunle quipped.

And with that, they walked briskly to the site where love was manufactured. Emeka was not too stupid to not be observing. Infact he was the one that told Favour that they should continue enjoying themselves. So, from afar, he saw Mr. Belleti coming, running towards them as if he was in a competition with other athletes. When Emeka saw him, he quickly thought of what to do.

"Favour, Favour, we are in trouble if only we panic". he told her.

"Emeka my love, when I'm with you, I don't feel no trouble. And so there is no room for panicking. Even if the principal comes here, I will tell him that I have been hypnotized by love" Favour replied

"No, favour, we are in big trouble because I think I can hear my heart pounding. Mr. Belleti is coming here"

" Jesus, Mr Belleti here? "(she said scarily. All the veins on her face were showing and they had turned green) That was when She started knowing that love is more a long thing.

"Okay, I told you don't panic, he said holding her hands. I have a plan already. We will have to scale the fence. If we are caught here together by this man. Then, I will definitely say goodbye to my education. That man has been looking for ways to spoil my name. "Emeka said.

Emeka and Favour ran to the fence of the school that has seen so many years and they jumped over it to the other side of the road. When Mr. Belleti arrived at the spot where they were, they had already gone. He was furious and decided to transfer the anger on Kunle.
Re: One Is Enough - A Story by Usorohtheman(m): 9:15pm On Feb 20, 2021
Emeka knew that he has to be fast if he wants to still be a good student of this school as that was what many people thought about him. He was actually a good guy. He has never a thing like this. After observing that Mr Belleti has gone, they decided to jump back into the school. And one by one, they ran to their classrooms. Meanwhile, a lesson was ongoing when Emeka walked to the classroom. He sneaked into the class but the eagle eye of Miss Kate can never be for granted. Miss Kate was a huge lady that looks like she used three days to eat all the food in Port Harcourt. But, I learnt to find out that she rarely eats self because the other day, she told to come and finish the food she was eating. I don't know why she likes me self.

"hey you, small boy, do you think that this is your father's house where you can be sneaking like the house rat that wants to steal from the pot"? She asked him.

"No ma, I'm sorry I was on my way coming to the classroom when the break was going to an end when I saw the sun stand still, everywhere was very bright and for the five minutes or so, I was transfixed. It was now, I am getting to come out of the trance"

"will you shut up, this boy, I never knew you can lie like this, do you think I am your mate that you can be playing around with?"

"Ma, I'm not lying oooo. if I want to lie, I will be sitting down. I don't lie when I'm standing. You can ask Usoroh, if I'm saying the truth or not"

Immediately, I heard my name, I started feeling like my village people have decided to finally pay me a visit by using this Emeka of a boy. What kind of thing is this? I looked at Emeka and backed to miss Kate to see if any of them resembles my village people. But their was no resemblance.

"Usoroh, is it true that Emeka has become a native doctor?"

I was dumpfounded when I tried to answer the question. I stood up with so much pretence in my eyes like I wanted to cry while looking at Emeka with a kind of face that has seen a ghost.

" Ma, yeah, sometimes, he behaves as if he wants to enter the spirit world like avatar. I noticed it the first time, I saw him, but I decided to minding my business. Maybe he is an upcoming native doctor for yahoo boys, I don't know oooo. So, Emeka which one are you?"

I tried behaving like I don't know what was happening to my guy. How would he be in his senses when love has taken over the senses. Emeka has lost his senses because of love.

Anyways, that was how miss Kate gave me and Emeka an assignment. She said, we should come up with ten reasons why the sun will be at a standstill? I was shocked. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Emeka regaining his senses.

When miss Kate had left the class, I could not withhold my tears anymore and I started crying to God to please help me to do this assignment. This assignment needed inspiration. While I was crying uncontrollably, you know people will always want to control your tears, many of my classmates were laughing at me and some where sympathising with me, I heard Emeka's voice when he said, "
my guy, na that small assignment you dey cry for? I think say you and miss Kate na paddy."

"My guy, if no be for one thing, I for don slap you to reset your brain. Because, you have fallen in love, you think say na everybody dey reason like you
Re: One Is Enough - A Story by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 20, 2021
(in olamide badoo's voice) now she's saying morogo oti kan mi lapa oh, oti kan mi leyin oh ........... make somebody finish the song
( south south region )
drops mic
Re: One Is Enough - A Story by Usorohtheman(m): 11:27am On Feb 21, 2021
dannyrhymes600:
(in olamide badoo's voice) now she's saying morogo oti kan mi lapa oh, oti kan mi leyin oh ........... make somebody finish the song
( south south region )
drops mic

Ablo, me don't understand what you said ooo. prease make it plain
Re: One Is Enough - A Story by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 21, 2021
Usorohtheman:

Ablo, me don't understand what you said ooo. prease make it plain
calm down bruv , someone that knows the song will complete it
Re: One Is Enough - A Story by Usorohtheman(m): 11:50am On Feb 21, 2021
dannyrhymes600:
calm down bruv , someone that knows the song will complete it

Okay na. let's go
Re: One Is Enough - A Story by Usorohtheman(m): 12:12pm On Feb 21, 2021
Okay Class! where were were? dis one na una new English teacher!!!!

So in mind, I was praying and saying "that this boy should not change am for me oooo". You need to see how Emeka was huger than me. I kept on talking. " Emeka see eh, the day wey dis your love go put you for trouble, me I no dey oooo". "My blother no worry, nothing go happen to me" Emeka remarked. Immediately, as a natural international bad boy, that I am, I was able to diagnose his igbotic accent.

And that was a little about that day at school. Many can happen in a particular day as long as you are detailed.

Many people look, but not many people sees

School had close for the day, and I went to where I normally hustle. As you can see, I am not your regular student. I've seen things but things can't see me unless I give it permission.

I'm a hustler at Ikokwu spare motor parts here in dreby, Asampele. I go around the market searching for scraps that the owner does not need anymore. Then, I try to sell them and then go home for the day, that was what my family have been surviving on

I feel like crying. I will continue later.

1 Like

Re: One Is Enough - A Story by Odoogu(m): 4:33pm On Feb 21, 2021
I hope you can continue this piece. I really do hope

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Sweet Words That Will Make A Girl Fall Deeply In Love With You / 7 Ways To Use The Law Of Attraction To Manifest: / Nairaland Feminists, Pls let's exchange Gender!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.