Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,932 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Why Do Most People Prefer Study Route Than Work route To Travel Out? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Most People Prefer Study Route Than Work route To Travel Out? (1704 Views)

Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) / Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? / Why Do Your Friends Ignore You When They Finally Travel Out Of The Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most People Prefer Study Route Than Work route To Travel Out? by HenryG(m): 2:54pm On Feb 21, 2021
Hello everyone.
For a while now in my research on the vital information on travel section on Nairaland, I notice most people prefer to travel out via study route than work route despite the cost to study.
I will like to ask why do most people prefer this route. Obviously, not everyone may be able to afford the expenses via study route.
Secondly, I will want to ask that is it easy to apply to study Masters after entering European countries via work visa and work for some time to raise money?
Thanks in serious anticipation.
Re: Why Do Most People Prefer Study Route Than Work route To Travel Out? by babakb: 3:17pm On Feb 21, 2021
HenryG:
Hello everyone.
For a while now in my research on the vital information on travel section on Nairaland, I notice most people prefer to travel out via study route than work route despite the cost to study.
I will like to ask why do most people prefer this route. Obviously, not everyone may be able to afford the expenses via study route.
Secondly, I will want to ask that is it easy to apply to study Masters after entering European countries via work visa and work for some time to raise money?

Everyone would have preferred the work route option but it's 95% impossible to secure a job outside the EU.

Don't be deceived by any rouge travel agent, there are no EU work visas out there except you have top of the roof skills and working experience in IT, Health, Sports and Engineering professions.

Why would EU give you working rights if you can't speak any EU language...

Why would they leave an EU citizen that has an automatic working rights and suffer to employ non EU citizen without any working rights

The only country where you can get work visa in EU for unskilled and menial job is Poland, even so you have to prepare like 1.5m for the entire process.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Prefer Study Route Than Work route To Travel Out? by ednut1(m): 4:14pm On Feb 21, 2021
HenryG:
Hello everyone.
the real issue is its hard to secure work from nigeria if you are not a doctor, nurse, accountant, IT person etc. Most agents who promise work visas are scams unless they are doing arab countries for you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Prefer Study Route Than Work route To Travel Out? by HenryG(m): 7:14pm On Feb 21, 2021
babakb:

Everyone would have preferred the work route option but it's 95% impossible to secure a job outside the EU.

Don't be deceived by any rouge travel agent, there are no EU work visas out there except you have top of the roof skills and working experience in IT, Health, Sports and Engineering professions.

Why would they leave an EU citizen that has an automatic working rights and suffer to employ non EU citizen without any working rights

The only country where you can get work visa in EU for unskilled and menial job is Poland, even so you have to prepare like 1.5m for the entire process.

I appreciate this. How is easy for an unskilled worker in Europe to switch to student(Masters)?
Re: Why Do Most People Prefer Study Route Than Work route To Travel Out? by babakb: 7:24pm On Feb 21, 2021
HenryG:

I appreciate this. How is easy for an unskilled worker in Europe to switch to student(Masters)?

In the case of Poland, its very easy to change from work permit to study permit, and your study permit will come with part time working rights.

Just make sure that you work minimum of 1 year without any criminal record.

Note, I have not been to Poland before, these information I searched from the internet cool cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Prefer Study Route Than Work route To Travel Out? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:32pm On Feb 21, 2021
It is almost impossible to secure a work visa if you are not in IT or healthcare.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Prefer Study Route Than Work route To Travel Out? by Elnon: 9:52pm On Feb 21, 2021
even the IT and healthcare is rare... You must posses top notch skills and be super experienced
tensazangetsu20:
It is almost impossible to secure a work visa if you are not in IT or healthcare.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Prefer Study Route Than Work route To Travel Out? by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:59pm On Feb 21, 2021
Elnon:
even the IT and healthcare is rare... You must posses top notch skills and be super experienced
Not true. I have friends with two years of experience getting sponsored from Nigeria. Young small boys getting work visas to Germany like it's nothing. The supply for IT skills isn't much abroad compared to the demand so companies need to fill with candidates from other countries.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most People Prefer Study Route Than Work route To Travel Out? by HenryG(m): 10:33am On Feb 22, 2021
babakb:

In the case of Poland, its very easy to change from work permit to study permit, and your study permit will come with part time working rights.

Just make sure that you work minimum of 1 year without any criminal record.

Note, I have not been to Poland before, these information I searched from the internet cool cool cool

Thanks. You spoke what I need clarification for.
Re: Why Do Most People Prefer Study Route Than Work route To Travel Out? by Elnon: 11:03am On Feb 22, 2021
That's still a few out of the many applying ...I'm in the IT sector too and the Nigerian factor doesn't help us...AS FOR THE HEALTHCARE SECTOR,YOU MUST REWITE SOME LICENSE EXAMS ETC
tensazangetsu20:

Not true. I have friends with two years of experience getting sponsored from Nigeria. Young small boys getting work visas to Germany like it's nothing. The supply for IT skills isn't much abroad compared to the demand so companies need to fill with candidates from other countries.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Prefer Study Route Than Work route To Travel Out? by Limassol(m): 3:30pm On Feb 22, 2021
babakb:

Please tell me more about the polish stuff
Re: Why Do Most People Prefer Study Route Than Work route To Travel Out? by babakb: 4:36pm On Feb 22, 2021
Limassol:

Please tell me more about the polish stuff

I know the process but I don't know the players wink

The government of Poland allows employers to hire foreign Nationals for unskilled and menial jobs....
Types of jobs is usually Butchers, Factory workers, Cleaners, Drivers etc
Average monthly salary is 3,000 PLN plus accommodation.

Get a genuine employment agency in Poland to secure a job cantract and process work permit for you, they will mail the hard copies of the job contract and work permit to you.

You will take the job contract and work permit to Poland embassy to process your work visa....

Note, the agency can charge as much as 1,000 USD, they will ask you to pay 50% fee to start the process and pay the balance when they finish...

Embassy will request for proof of funds of 700,000 NGN and above...

PLEASE be very careful of fake agents...

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Prefer Study Route Than Work route To Travel Out? by Limassol(m): 5:20pm On Feb 22, 2021
babakb:

I know the process but I don't know the players wink

The government of Poland allows employers to hire foreign Nationals for unskilled and menial jobs....
Types of jobs is usually Butchers, Factory workers, Cleaners, Drivers etc
Average monthly salary is 3,000 PLN plus accommodation.

Get a genuine employment agency in Poland to secure a job cantract and process work permit for you, they will mail the hard copies of the job contract and work permit to you.

You will take the job contract and work permit to Poland embassy to process your work visa....

Note, the agency can charge as much as 1,000 USD, they will ask you to pay 50% fee to start the process and pay the balance when they finish...

Embassy will request for proof of funds of 700,000 NGN and above...

PLEASE be very careful of fake agents...

Thanks boss! I appreciate your detailed response.
Re: Why Do Most People Prefer Study Route Than Work route To Travel Out? by Lovewinning: 12:11am On Mar 17, 2021
Please how do one get Poland work visa from Nigeria?

babakb:

Re: Why Do Most People Prefer Study Route Than Work route To Travel Out? by Ademola47(m): 1:56pm On Mar 17, 2021
I think it's basically because of the financial requirement and visa possibility.

Most foreign countries believe that students are going to spend money from school fees to accommodation fees to feeding. In effect, their economy will be strengthened by the infusion of money by the students.

Work force, on the other hand, are there to 'milk' the economy. All they think of is to have assets in there home country thereby devaluating their economy.

In addition, most people applying for students are youths who have little liabilities as there's no (one's) nuclear family ties yet.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Could This Be True About Canada And If Yes Why The Rush?? / Student Visa Fraud Via Form I-20: I Suspect ! / Hotels In Lokoja

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.