Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,137 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC (51181 Views)

Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm / Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) / 'Kwara Is Fully PDP' - Bukola Saraki Says As He Storms Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by oloyedewaris(m): 2:24pm On Feb 23, 2021
dochenaj:
Every school has a school uniform, and you can't just wear whatever you like.

If you're a Muslim and must wear the Hijab, attend a school that allows Hijab as part of the optional uniform.
And who dictates the school uniform in this case
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by oloyedewaris(m): 2:25pm On Feb 23, 2021
LordOfTheGame:
That's always the problem of Muslims and this mumuric man; hypocrisy. You want to send your child to a Christian schoo but don't want to obey the Christian rules and regulations but in your Islamic schools, everybody obeys your wicked and devilish Islamic rules. What is really wrong with these Muslim terrorists?
Who told you it's a christain school, a school managed by government is a christain school

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Anyad231: 2:27pm On Feb 23, 2021
Is the Muric guy the governor of the state and my question what is a Muslim looking for in a missionary school.. There must have been by laws from day one so if you can not follow them, why enrol in the school in the first place.
dele1727:
grin grin grin

I don't always agree with ishaq....but on this....
I agree absolutely...

A court has ruled in favour of hijab wearers
The only way the missionary schools can take is to appeal the judgement to as far as the supreme court

2, when Nyesom woke pronounced Rivers State a christian state .... christians were all hailing him
No noise was made....
Similar attitude should be adopted here
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by jamiudinho(m): 2:30pm On Feb 23, 2021
aremuforlife:

Knowledge from who?
Your mumu sense did not translate my message to you. It is not a mode of dressing to Muslim girls but a dressing code to middle east women either Christians or muslims.
Seek more knowledge
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Greatmedico(m): 2:33pm On Feb 23, 2021
This man again? I thought he has stop smoking kwale weed.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by UncommonLogic: 2:38pm On Feb 23, 2021
The same religious fanatics that were hailing the wicked Wike will now come and abise this organization for saying the same thing.

HYPOCRITES all over Nigeria especially among the Nigerian Christians.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by shadeyinka(m): 2:44pm On Feb 23, 2021
oloyedewaris:

You are just shouting grant-in-aid is different from take-over

If i may, if government stop support for those schools, what did you think will happen Rubbish

Just be twisting words because of hypocrisy
Why are Muslims afraid of Government withdrawing their support. Three years ago when Christians asked to fully fund their school because of the massive dilapidation, it wasn't the government that protested, it was these same Muslims!

I can bet it with you that those schools will flourish. There are testimonies to that effect by our other schools!

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by gaskiyamagana: 2:46pm On Feb 23, 2021
etrouble:
The single idiot running MURIC is from the same ancient town of Ife as FFK. I think they both ate the sacrifice meant for the gods, reason why they both are suffering psychiatric disorder and hallucinations
Sharap Shatap.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by shadeyinka(m): 2:47pm On Feb 23, 2021
oloyedewaris:

Never ever compare me with bandit just because i'm not supporting you

Ok so what exactly is your point,

you said they don't pay any amount to the proprietors, if I may ask who are the proprietors
The "you" refers to your people in Ilorin supported by MURIC to impose the use of Hijab on schools that doesn't belong to them.

The propietors are the following churches whose members levied themselves and contributed from the Catholic church, ECWA Church, UMCA Church, Cherubim and Seraphim church, Anglican Church etc.

These are the propietors!

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 23, 2021
Cantonese:

You miss the point.

“The reason for takeover was to eliminate religious bigotry”. Where did you get that from? Who ever said that to you? For me it was not. It was an attempt to muzzle in the Christian schools, which had far a larger share of the sector, especially in Lagos. You may ask: why the missionary schools? There were too many private schools before the take over. The reason is that politics had come into play and politicians were playing the religious card.

I saw it in a researched study online. Whatever the case may be, the schools have been publicly funded for decades now.

Cantonese:

If you carefully look through my previous comment you”ll find where I said that I attended a Christian school, where Muslims also attended. We did not know the difference in our faith as we all attended morning assembly and sang hymns. When our Muslim friends had Islamic things we all joined happily. The same happened in Islamic schools. Everyone was happy. Your question must be “where did the idea to take over missionary owned schools come from? You”ll be surprised to find out that a lot of our Muslim leaders, especially of the south, attended Christian schools and vice versa.

Lagos state many years ago had Jumratul Islamiyya, Muslim teachers training college, Gaskiyya Cardoso, etc. All those schools were attended by Christians. Infact in Gaskiyya Cardoso, all the girls dressed in hijabs and long gowns, all covered. It was a well known policy of the school. Christians who attended that school dressed in that manner happily. For selfish reasons, government took over and the rest became history.

Freedom to associate is enshrined in our constitution, but that does not give you the liberty to oppress me, not especially in my own house.

All this serves no purpose. If there were schools that allowed students to learn in an atmosphere of voluntary inclusion, then that is laudable. However, such an atmosphere cannot be imposed forcibly on a section of the students. By excluding Muslim girls who refuse to disobey their religious tenets, you are proposing an atmosphere of seclusion different from the portrait you draw. In this case, the inclusion is no longer voluntary, it is forced.

@bolded. This is what I find especially interesting. What is it about the Muslim hijab that Christians find so oppressive to themselves? And those schools are no longer missionary schools, so calling them "your own house" is a gross misnomer. They belong to the government.

Cantonese:

Why is it that it is only this Muric man who continuously whips up this religious sentiment? Have you ever heard of Barewa college? Do you know how many southern leaders who boast of attending that school? Does the school not have its own rules? Have you ever heard anyone complaining? Are there no Christians there? The Christians follow the rule and there is absolute peace. There are rules in place in northern Islamic schools and everyone adheres to them.

Again, the Christians in Islamic missionary schools follow the rule voluntarily. If covering their heads was against their religion, and it was imposed on them, I would absolutely consider it their right to open up their heads just as I consider it their right for Muslim girls to cover theirs.

And those who whip up religious sentiments are those who impose rules specifically targeting a religious group, not those who point it out. Why does a rule imposed by a group of teachers in a public institution override the national constitution? Muslims say that the hijab is an important part of their doctrine. Who are we to deprive them of it or interprete their doctrine for them? The elephant in the room is these are publicly funded schools paid for by government funds. Private individuals or groups cannot have any say in what rules are imposed. And the government should only enact those rules that are in the public interest. Kwara state is predominantly Muslim. Why raise rancour in a Muslim state for no discernible benefit? What does preventing them from wearing the hijab fulfill? This question remains unanswered.

Cantonese:

“Stop fishing for foolish justifications”. No one tries to justify what is wrong. You are just being overly sentimental and not addressing the matter realistically. This problem continues to linger in the south, especially the south west and must be addressed frontally.

On the contrary, I have no interest in the matter, my argument purely arises out of irritation at the intolerant way Christians behave, and if you look at my first comment, this was precisely my point. Let us agree for the sake of semantics that the schools are still owned by the missionaries and funded by them. What is the downside of permitting Muslim students to wear their scarves? Since you believe that you are the logical and reasonable one here, explain this to me in a logical manner. What would it cost them to permit the scarf, or brown shoes, or a yellow bow tie; if a huge proportion of the population of that region desire it so passionately as part of their religious doctrine?

Cantonese:

The country is divided along various lines and that is the honest truth that we must all face. The solution once again is for government to restore the seized schools to their respective owners, who should be allowed to practice their faith and teach their students according to their beliefs.

The mud houses taken over by the government no longer exist. And all lands belong to the various state governments. They cannot restore schools renovated with state funds to private ownership. The only real solution is to rename the schools using numbers and to run them completely along secular lines. The solution to uniting the country does not lie in imposing one set of religious rules over another or to hand over state funded schools to one religious group to control, but to completely secularise the process of education whereby every student can practise his/her religion without fear of being targeted for their beliefs. No state paid teacher should have the right to force students to disobey his/her faith tenets by either forcing them to wear or to remove whatever applies to their faith doctrine, or to pray with a group that they do not subscribe to; or even to pray at all. Students should have the right to state that they do not wish to pray and this should be fully respected.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by gaskiyamagana: 2:48pm On Feb 23, 2021
Greatmedico:
This man again? I thought he has stop smoking kwale weed.
Say that to your dad and pastor
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by LegendHero(m): 2:55pm On Feb 23, 2021
MURIC is right on this one.

I see no reason why we get carried away with things that shouldn’t have posed any serious problem.

Even in developed countries with vast Christian majorities allow hijab in schools and across most of their parastatals so why should Nigeria own be different?

What will it take away from the Christians if a Muslim girl put on her hijab in school? Does it really take anything away?

When I was in Ibadan Grammar School (Anglican established but Government owned), I always sing from the SOP and I recite a lot of Christians songs which we made to sing forcefully and that itself is an infringement on my religious right but my parents don’t care because we see all religion as one. No one shouted christianization.

So why should Christians really care that something as basic as hijab should not be used in school?
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by gaskiyamagana: 2:57pm On Feb 23, 2021
The truth has been told. Let Christian school carry dier school to shout South and South Yeast. Kwara is muslim dominated state, it is mad and lunatical for Christians to be dictating their, most especially that govt is in Control of such schools.
Why are we shouting Fulanization of the south and wanted to be smiling at Christianization of Muslims in their land?
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Kingspin(m): 2:58pm On Feb 23, 2021
dele1727:
grin grin grin

I don't always agree with ishaq....but on this....
I agree absolutely...

A court has ruled in favour of hijab wearers
The only way the missionary schools can take is to appeal the judgement to as far as the supreme court

2, when Nyesom woke pronounced Rivers State a christian state .... christians were all hailing him
No noise was made....
Similar attitude should be adopted here
What are you looking for in St Peter's school? Does that sound like Islamic school.

Those missionary schools should never ever allow that to happen.

You can open Mosques up and down but not school.

It is only a radical judge will be listening to the matter in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by tonyson010(m): 3:00pm On Feb 23, 2021
MURIC is loud mouthed and provocative with high hypocrisy and blaring arrogance.
Why destroy beers that are sold by non Muslims in the North....when you enjoy taxation from it? Why would a Muslim court hold down an Christian and forcefully cut his hair just because he didn't look pleasing to Ur eyes? If fundamental freedom should be seen that way, why are Muslim schools forcing Christian girls to come to class with hijab? Infact, some private schools own by a Muslim person also enforce Islamic code on non moslims.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by gaskiyamagana: 3:02pm On Feb 23, 2021
Anyad231:
Is the Muric guy the governor of the state and my question what is a Muslim looking for in a missionary school.. There must have been by laws from day one so if you can not follow them, why enrol in the school in the first place.
Missionary schools by name, government schools by administration.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by KenModi(m): 3:08pm On Feb 23, 2021
blackmantis:
Why force children to take off Hijab it's wrong, very wrong.

You go to a Christian school and then want to practice a different religion. Didn’t you read the rules and regulations before sending you child to the school?

Its like going to a muslim school and wearing rosary around your neck or wearing clothes with Jesus picture around the school. What do you think would happen?

If the schools were public, yes, that would be wrong. But this is a private establishment and they have their rules and regulations which if you must attend/participate, you must abide by. Can’t you people take at least two minutes to read before writing rubbish?!
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by gaskiyamagana: 3:09pm On Feb 23, 2021
austinvsb:
It's so stupid the kind of dumbfucks that get media attention in nigeria.

Omo ale Ishaq Akintola
E nle o, omo Oko oloriburuku.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by gaskiyamagana: 3:17pm On Feb 23, 2021
gurunlocker:
Religion, ethnicity, tribalism will keep dragging this country backward for life.

Take 1 step and go back 50 steps.... We have a lot of people with this MURIC mentality in the country.
Be sensible. How MURIC position drag the country backward? How the denial of Ijab is l step and MURIC mentality is 50 steps back?
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by aremuforlife(m): 3:18pm On Feb 23, 2021
jamiudinho:

Seek more knowledge
Da che?
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Pelumar(m): 3:18pm On Feb 23, 2021
jumper524:
oga muric ain't wrong here.
why would dey force people to remove their hijab in the first place?
why the hypocracy.
even if kwara is not Muslim dominant, why would they force people against their religious beliefs?
even the Western world don't do this nonsense.
if the north starts forcing christain girls in school to wear hijab na islamization bullshits we go dey hear.
I hate bigots from all cylinders.
to all those quote me with a different explanation,.
the below quote is for you..

then goto Muslim school, must they attend mission schools by force I tire Sheybi ansaru dey for ojagboro
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by gaskiyamagana: 3:20pm On Feb 23, 2021
[quote author=Kingspin post=99351725]What are you looking for in St Peter's school? Does that sound like Islamic school.

Those missionary schools should never ever allow that to happen.

You can open Mosq
Sharap Shatap
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by IamAsiri: 3:21pm On Feb 23, 2021
MuchAdo:
Must muslims attend christian schools

You can't attend a christian school and flaunt your muslim religion!

I tire o
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Thelife: 3:24pm On Feb 23, 2021
Patrioticman007:

What of religious tolerance ?.
Mary mother of Jesus wore hijab as against the half unclothedness displayed to day by the Antichrist. Today's churches are Antichrist if they hate covering of ladies unclothedness.

smile, Mary wore Hijab, I guess you are referring to the clone version of Mary that your gigolo fake prophet Mu muhammad.

so anyone that's not wearing your stinking hijab is naked right?

you can't be a moslom and still be sane
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Thelife: 3:27pm On Feb 23, 2021
oloyedewaris:

This is completely different, everyone knows kano uses sharia because it's a dominant of Muslim territory, here those missionary school are controlled by government even in a Muslim dominant state,

So it permitted for kano to make a religious rule decriminating against other people believe but it is wrong for a missionary school to operate according to there rules. hopeless hypocrite.

well no one said that your moslom sister should not cover there hair, beret is meant for them to use if that's the case.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by bareal(m): 3:34pm On Feb 23, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Just because they retained their names does not mean that they are missionary owned today; whether Christian, Muslim or pagan. As long as they are on government land and sponsored fully by tax payers' money, they belong to everybody. We live in a secular country where everybody is entitled to practise their faith, or lack thereof. Nobody should be forced to abandon their faith or practise another's before having access to a public institution funded by the government. It is really very easy to understand.

If the government changed all school names to numbers, would that reduce your confusion?

You are really religiously confused. There's Islamiyyat and Almadiyya schools government didn't change its name so religious jingoists like you can peacefully attend. Same way for St. Andrews and St. Michaels school so that christians won't bother the muslims.

Let muslims attend islamic schools and christians attend christians schools whether sponsored by the government or not and let us have peace in this space oga
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by gurunlocker: 3:34pm On Feb 23, 2021
gaskiyamagana:

Be sensible. How MURIC position drag the country backward? How the denial of Ijab is l step and MURIC mentality is 50 steps back?

I am not expecting anything better
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Thelife: 3:36pm On Feb 23, 2021
oloyedewaris:

So you're now told that those Muslim missionary schools force their students to wear hijab

I went to visit a friend of mine teaching in one Islamic missionary public school in Oyo state, I was shock when I say them forcing non moslom to recite quranic prayer, and as they notice that I'm a Christian, they told there pupils to stop the recitation and have their sit, I smile and told my friend that for you to take your child to Islamic founded school then you should expect your child to learn islam.

even in nasarawa state, despite the fact that it a Christian majority state, most of the public islamic missionary schools do force all there students to offer Islamic study.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Thelife: 3:42pm On Feb 23, 2021
Patrioticman007:

The crux of the argument is hijab right ?.
Then Google hijab & Google the dress code of Mary mother of Jesus, you will see that, today's church are the real Antichrist, they hide under the banner of church & make people dress naked against God wishes.

you are another werey in town.

wearing of vail is part of Mary's culture and tradition, if I may ask which culture in Nigeria is hijab part of? you fool will just come online to say rubbish. your useless mosque hide under the banner of Hijab and start making people perform some inhuman act such as suicide bombing and undercover prostitute. smile.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply)

Is Senator Bala Ibn'Nallah's Dress Code To An Event Right? (pics) / ‘Senate Bonanza’: Presidency Shops For Akpabio's Replacement - Leadership / President Buhari Photo As Shared By PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.