Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,955 members, 7,814,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC (51259 Views)

Respect Prophet Muhammad, Sokoto Is A Muslim State: Gov Aliyu Urges For Calm / Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) / 'Kwara Is Fully PDP' - Bukola Saraki Says As He Storms Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by BRATISLAVA: 11:29am On Feb 23, 2021
ivolt:

Perhaps you need to check the meaning of hypocrisy.
I know several government grammar schools and not once has the hijab issue come up there
because there is nothing to contest.

If you choose to be an ostrich like the government rather than facing the real issue, that's your decision.

He said it's hypocracy, so don't expect him to know the meaning.

Everyday this issue comes up in schools, only in this region. Go to the school that suits your religion. It can't be that hard.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by oloyedewaris(m): 11:30am On Feb 23, 2021
jidxin:

oga you are a bandit joor ko gbenu soun
Ibo loti gbe oponu yii wa, Awon iyalaya ee ni bandit
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by AntiChristian: 11:30am On Feb 23, 2021
leofab:
we have over 20 religions in Nigeria... I got you don’t mind when pagans starts wearing their traditions regalia to schools too...

It is specified to wear Hijab all the time particularly when in the midst of non-family members, etc. Where is it specified in their religion to wear those regalia everyday?

The choirs were their regalia only on sundays! The traditionals were theirs mostly on their days of worships! So what are you saying?
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by AntiChristian: 11:33am On Feb 23, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

He said it's hypocracy, so don't expect him to know the meaning.

Everyday this issue comes up in schools, only in this region. Go to the school that suits your religion. It can't be that hard.

It is hard! The Public schools uses my tax to exist. I will arrest any teacher who even tries to remove my daughter's Hijab. Christian schools are not funded by Government with tax payer's money!

It's hypocrisy!
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by LadySarah: 11:34am On Feb 23, 2021
segun18:
I present an hypothetical situation here, if Nigeria were to be divided into separate countries.... will Kogi and Kwara state go with the proposed Arewa Republic or they will team up with Oduduwa Republic?.

I want to read people's view pls.

This question came up on FB recently see what a lot of them said

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Bishop(m): 11:37am On Feb 23, 2021
Nemere2020:

https://ishaqakintola.com/will-not-allow-persecution-muslim-students-kwara/

Is it a must for Muslims to attend a Christian school.

Let them establish their own Jihad school too.

The Muric man seems to me by his utterances trying to divide the country by using religious sentiments.

There's is an islamic University in Osun state would they be allowed to teach Christian theology there?

Balderdash
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by NamelessOGBENI(m): 11:38am On Feb 23, 2021
RESTMOUTH99:
If this Muslim group is making this agitation for a public school rule , I will say they are inorder but Mission schools that got operating licence from kwara state government. Mission schools have their rules/regulations handed to any prospective students or parents sending their children and Wards to the school. We should learn to obey simple rule and not spreading anarchy.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by uthlaw: 11:39am On Feb 23, 2021
GuyWise101:
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnn

Yoruba christains are in trouble.....

Living with the muslims have made me understand that hijab is a just a cover up.,

My prick is being sucked daily by hijab wearing vagina people..hypocrites
wearing hijab does not make you only,is just to cover your head....God will judge all of us individually!

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by FKMagazine(m): 11:41am On Feb 23, 2021
God will punish anyone or group of people who won't allow peace to rain in our mist in this country. Amen
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Kirigidi(m): 11:42am On Feb 23, 2021
Tranquility4u:
The female Muslim students are the ones to wear the Hijab on their body, not their Christian schoolmates.

So why striping and denying them their fundamental and constitutional rights?

Afterall, Britain and the United States of America and many other countries more developed than this nation, allow the use of Hijab in their schools.

But the Christian extremists want to control even the way Muslims dress, so that Muslim students will be half-naked like them.

That will never happen!

Enough is enough!
Will you Muslims allow Christian girls enroll in your Islamiyya schools and also allow them not to wear hijab? Be truthful for once.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by LLMG: 11:43am On Feb 23, 2021
you muslims are the most intolerant people on earth, yet you want to be tolerated. remember the days of youth service in kano state, just walking along the streets in your uniform, you see their children especially the almajiris swearing at you or throwing stones at you just because you are not one of them and their elders will pretend like they don't know what is going on. Hypocrites, must you attend a Christian school. why is it that wherever you find yourself you become a problem to your host. God forbid bad thing oh.
Tranquility4u:

I see no reason why Muslim students should be denied
their constitutional rights.

All Muslim students, in particular, female students should be allowed to dress in Hijab since these schools are for the public.

“Are the schools not grant-aided? So you want to use
public money to persecute Muslim children until they
submit to forceful conversion? Even if they are
missionary schools, must they force female Muslim
students to strip? We are not surprised because it is
part of their old way of forceful conversion. Nigerian
Christians should desist from using Muslim children to
subject their parents to psychological trauma. We will
not go back to slavery. Enough is enough.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 23, 2021
Samunique:
Hope you're not mistaking fundamentalism for terrorism ?
BTW, what makes the pentecostals fundamentalists and how does it constitute security treats to the society at large like what we're experiencing with Isalmic terrorism that's sweeping across the world ?

And telling me that Muslims disclaimed those groups is another facing saving antics bcs, the last time I checked, we've not seen Muslims trooping to the streets to protest against Isalmic brutal terror groups that cut across the whole world, who always chant Allah Akbar before and after perpetrating their wicked acts.

And to think that the same Muslims who have never publicly protested against all these terror groups who chant the most sacred name of God in Islam before & after their terror attacks, and would troop to the streets when they feel their prophet has been insulated norlifies any self defense you try to put up here.
You're just playing the usual Muslims game, taqqiyah .

Lastly, you mentioned the outright rejection of Christianity by the west in your previous post, and then went ahead to show me the statistics of the USA. Is the west all about USA ?
But for your information, religion generally is on the the decline in the west, this has nothing to do with Christianity alone.

However, the last time I checked, the christian population in the USA still surpasses that of Nigeria, is that what you termed "massive rejection?

Perhaps the below screenshot will clear your doubts !

That's how my step brother one day told me that he was told by some Muslim clerics that there are few churches in USA now, grin that u have to travel some long distance before you see a church to worship. grin

Maybe you were there also when that sermon preached or you're even the Imam that told the lies ? cheesy

Obviously another narrow minded individual. I don't like arguing with Christians. They are not after knowledge, only after validating their own propaganda.

And for the record, I'm an agnostic. I left your Christian fable long ago. It is losing ground. You can put up pictures of a mega church or ten, but that doesn't change the fact that people are waking up from their bondage. Science is irrefutable. Give me a scientific reason why a girl wearing a hijab is so oppressive to Christians.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by delpee(f): 11:45am On Feb 23, 2021
Tranquility4u:

I see no reason why Muslim students should be denied
their constitutional rights.

All Muslim students, in particular, female students should be allowed to dress in Hijab since these schools are for the public.

“Are the schools not grant-aided? So you want to use
public money to persecute Muslim children until they
submit to forceful conversion? Even if they are
missionary schools, must they force female Muslim
students to strip? We are not surprised because it is
part of their old way of forceful conversion. Nigerian
Christians should desist from using Muslim children to
subject their parents to psychological trauma. We will
not go back to slavery. Enough is enough.

The Kwara State government should pay off the Missionaries and take over the schools as full public schools to resolve the issue permanently. That way there'll be no more conflicts. It's unfair to forcefully acquire Christian schools without compensation and then impose contrary rules at will.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Dchampion65: 11:46am On Feb 23, 2021
Nemere2020:

https://ishaqakintola.com/will-not-allow-persecution-muslim-students-kwara/

There is no issue in this case.

If the said school is a Christian missionary school it will be wrong of MURIC to dictate the dress code. You are not satisfied, take your child or ward to Islamic Missionary school.

If it is public school, I mean whole own by government, built with tax payer money, even sango, oro, oya, orunmila etc worshippers can come to the school with their dress code.

Do you just say that @ishagaAkintola attended Christian school? Let me google it.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Ojiofor: 11:54am On Feb 23, 2021
What are fanatical muslim girls who insist on wearing islamic hijab doing in a christian missionary school?
Don't they have Islamic schools in Kwara state?

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Kirigidi(m): 11:56am On Feb 23, 2021
jumper524:
muric said something.
those girls have been using hijab all these years, why the sudden de ja vu?
is a christain missionary school anti Muslim?
I repeat again, what's wrong in wearing hijab?
in Abuja where I schooled, girls are free to dress as Muslims and also as christains.
nothing wrong in both dressing and fct still has the best public schools in Nigeria.
I expect you to openly condemmn the act instead of displaying hypocracy.
Those schools in question are Christian established schools. Will Muslims equally allow Christian girls not to wear hijab in Muslim established schools/ Islamiyya schools? If Muslims can allow Christian girls into Islamiyya schools without hijab then no problem.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Resurrection212: 11:58am On Feb 23, 2021
grin
tamdun:
Muric abeg stay off kwara state
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by dederocs(m): 12:04pm On Feb 23, 2021
Oh i forgot, Usman Dan fodio conquered Kwara, so they are his slaves, that is why they have an emir.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by monex(m): 12:04pm On Feb 23, 2021
of course MURIC will make a mountain of a molehill but THEY ARE CORRECT in the sense that a school that is government owned or funded cannot then claim to be missionary and therefore must respect government rules.

It is up to the government to either sanction the school or withhold funding. It happened in lagos public schools and Lagos house passed a bill.

... and yes, I would say same if an ANSAR-UD-DEEN GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL does not allow a child wear his rosary or scapula when it is being funded by government.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Resurrection212: 12:06pm On Feb 23, 2021
Werey everywhere they are using religious as. A coverup.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by segun18(m): 12:07pm On Feb 23, 2021
KingKingKing:

Nice one I think the kogi ppl will go with the ododuwa nation, those guys are more liberal in their views and you would agree with me that the Yoruba speaking ppl of kogi are mostly Christians hence they would agree to join the oduduwa nation.

For kwara The Ilorin caliphate will merge them with the arewa Nation. The Ilorin ppl have been conquered by the Fulani nation. Even the Yoruba ones amongst them already see themselves as Fulani's eg bukols saraki. Kwara ppl are not liberal in their views they are extreme in their views hence they will join d arewa Nation

I see. Appreciate your view.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Charlie2020(f): 12:07pm On Feb 23, 2021
jumper524:
oga muric ain't wrong here.
why would dey force people to remove their hijab in the first place?
why the hypocracy.
even if kwara is not Muslim dominant, why would they force people against their religious beliefs?
even the Western world don't do this nonsense.
if the north starts forcing christain girls in school to wear hijab na islamization bullshits we go dey hear.
I hate bigots from all cylinders.
to all those quote me with a different explanation,.
the below quote is for you..

why bring your muslim religious rites to a Christian missionary school for that matter. Why do you people like causing trouble upandan

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Charlie2020(f): 12:11pm On Feb 23, 2021
Tranquility4u:
The female Muslim students are the ones to wear the Hijab on their body, not their Christian schoolmates.

So why striping and denying them their fundamental and constitutional rights?

Afterall, Britain and the United States of America and many other countries more developed than this nation, allow the use of Hijab in their schools.

But the Christian extremists want to control even the way Muslims dress, so that Muslim students will be half-naked like them.

That will never happen!

Enough is enough!
because its a Christian missionary school, established to promote core Christian values. Can such be tried in an Islamic missionary school in the North? Keep your answer to yourself

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Cantonese: 12:11pm On Feb 23, 2021
Reference:
Once again. Public schools are public property no matter what title they bear and when a service is public it should reflect public interests for justice. Thus if these schools are funded by the taxpayer, the taxpayer has every right to decide how they are run except prior agreements had been reached between the previous owners and the present.

Second and more important point. Once again to Christians out there. It should be clear to you folks that the Missionary model of free, qualitative education as established a hundred years ago is no longer feasible and sustainable. It is clear that qualitative education requires qualitative funding.

Against the backdrop of the desire to maintain or sustain the Christian ethos by controlling these educational institutions churches and missions will have to come up with the resources to make them or keep them private and off the tax payer. But how is this possible when today there is widespread criticism about the charges indepedent Christian based educational institutions demand and criticism of the levies adherents are made today for the upkeep of these institutions. Every Christian out there complaining about secular/societal 'takeover' and equally complaining about financial demands of churches and missions should ask themselves how they want this circle squared.

I wish to call out those custodial churches mainly the Catholic and other orthodox Christian faiths and warn. If you will not pay for the independence of those schools you will lose them to the world. It is not the name that matters but the piper that plays.

First government must return schools to the original owners. Have you wondered why government took over missionary schools in the first place. For me I can find no excuse other than an attempt to muzzle the Christian schools, which were particularly the targets. Even the Muslim schools face the same challenge. What were governors looking for when they took over those very decent did schools of those days?

They were all properly run and were very well funded. As it stands, if the schools are returned to the original owners, they will pick up their pieces and continue from where they find them.

The missionary schools too have been underfunded by government and systematically destroyed.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Blackdisciple(m): 12:15pm On Feb 23, 2021
Plenty thing dey wey go divide Nigeria The two main things are:
1: Religion
2: Ethnicity.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by MansoryMX(m): 12:17pm On Feb 23, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Don't be daft. What is a Christian school? It is a public school, run by public funds. If it was originally built by missionaries, that was decades ago and it had been severally renovated and sponsored by public money all this time. No Christian organisation can have any claim over those schools. They belong to the government.

You need to have your brain checked because you are the daft person here. Go and read again MUMURIC statement. He singled out 10 missionary school! Even it’s government funded missionary schools for CHRISTIAN. It has always been abi you wan deny almost all mosques built in the last 10yrs in the North are not of government fundings? So what exactly is your point because you are pointless. Missionary schools are Schools that teaches education and most especially the ways of Christianity. Muslims have their own schools that teaches Islam aside from education. Can CRS be taught in such Islamic institution? You are a bloody hypocrite and you need to change your evil ways! Don’t ever quote me again if you have nothing sensible to say!

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by jidxin(m): 12:17pm On Feb 23, 2021
MansoryMX:

Young man a missionary school isn’t your regular school. It’s a Christian school. It’s synonymous to a church. Be educated and enlightened. Stop constituting stupidity in a public forum
why are u quoting me
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by MansoryMX(m): 12:22pm On Feb 23, 2021
jidxin:
why are u quoting me

Because you are primitive in nature and you need someone to guide you in order for you not to make a mess of yourself in a public forum next time. O ma wà! Gbiyanju ki o ni oye kekere!

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by nitt: 12:22pm On Feb 23, 2021
The government should define the rules and settle this simple matter since it's a public owned school/schools.

This is rather simple I think.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by Cantonese: 12:22pm On Feb 23, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Obviously another narrow minded individual. I don't like arguing with Christians. They are not after knowledge, only after validating their own propaganda.

And for the record, I'm an agnostic. I left your Christian fable long ago. It is losing ground. You can put up pictures of a mega church or ten, but that doesn't change the fact that people are waking up from their bondage. Science is irrefutable. Give me a scientific reason why a girl wearing a hijab is so oppressive to Christians.

May I ask who talks about oppression? Even science has rules or laws as they say.

If schools say no to Hijab then you either do not go there or do not take your children there, likewise Islamic schools.

What people are bickering about here was meaningless until the civilian government of 1979 came. No one knew the difference between Christian and Muslim schools until the Muslim governors in power then pretentiously took over schools.

How many of you know that the present site of the Lagos state university actually belonged to the Methodist boys high school, Lagos, which belonged to the Methodist church? That place was taken over by Lagos state under the late Chief Lateef Jakande after the because the governor in 1979. When they were looking for a site to establish LASU in 1984, that place which had been taken over from the Methodist church was used.

The religious, tribal and ethnic problems we confront today as a nation are self inflicted, especially from the politicians who want to get power and hold on to it perpetually. Religion has become a potent instrument in politics today. Nigerians need to realize the damage done daily to the psyche of the people by the political class.
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by nitt: 12:26pm On Feb 23, 2021
dvdwed:
Islam in Nigeria is a national curse. A plague in the north and a burden on the south.

lol....

in your mind now you have made it in life by typing this garbage.

Well, You will die and leave Islam in the world whether you love it or hate it, it makes no difference.

Fastest growing religion in the world and e choke you! grin
Re: Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC by nitt: 12:28pm On Feb 23, 2021
Ma sha Allah

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply)

Controversial PDP Ad On Punch Newspaper Front Page (Photo) / Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? / “I Was Worried I Would Be Booed,” Jonathan Admits As He Returns Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.