Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,605 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:37 AM

Bitcoin Can Be Used For 'Illegal' Purposes - US Regulators - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bitcoin Can Be Used For 'Illegal' Purposes - US Regulators (23266 Views)

Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery / CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions" / Crypto Dilemma: Banking Public, Regulators Differ On Cryptocurrencies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitcoin Can Be Used For 'Illegal' Purposes - US Regulators by TheRareGem1(f): 5:45am On Feb 26, 2021
Wolfeye:

You will never know progress.
So dollar and naira they don’t use it for illegal activities? Ewu

Can you see your life.

I made some assertion, na curse you dey curse..and really wi will never know peace between you and me be?

Always sick of you people that cant engage intelligently seriously.
Re: Bitcoin Can Be Used For 'Illegal' Purposes - US Regulators by Jaapu: 7:01am On Feb 26, 2021
Billyonaire666:

You are too poor to know about RoI on an investment on the level of a $100K.

Do not blame me for your poverty of mind and body.

Lol. You think it is by moniker. How much you get self.

1 Like

Re: Bitcoin Can Be Used For 'Illegal' Purposes - US Regulators by hermesprogidy(m): 7:29am On Feb 26, 2021
Dumbos everywhere. What is happening to BTC is called a correction, it happens all the time. Nothing goes parabolic forever. Besides, BTC whales are deliberately going short to crash price, force out more retailers and later buy more BTC to push the price up again. BTC will still hit 70k by the end of October 2021. BTC is digital gold, but has no other use case and is grossly inefficient because it consumes a lot of electricity to mine. XRP is the cryptocurrency governments are looking towards to solve the recurrent liquidity problem. Crypto is the future, the sooner you cash in the better for you.
Re: Bitcoin Can Be Used For 'Illegal' Purposes - US Regulators by hermesprogidy(m): 7:42am On Feb 26, 2021
This is how people stay poor and later complain that enemies are after them. A once in a species wealth transfer is happening right before our very eyes and some people are busy fighting it, rather than researching and keying in. The crypto market is predicted to hit $200 trillion dollars in the nearest future and obliterate the traditional stock market. Cryptos are digital assets and have enormous potential to lift you out of poverty. I guess some people just like poverty sha. So sad.
Re: Bitcoin Can Be Used For 'Illegal' Purposes - US Regulators by SavageResponse(m): 9:27am On Feb 26, 2021
int0x80:
Can you influence the value of dollar with a single tweet as Elon musk does with crypto currencies? The idea of decentralized currencies is quite impressive but there are more to it than meets the eye!

Don't mind these crypto evangelists that think through their anus.

It is a very big risk to have a legal tender whose value can be manipulated by and individual just by making some comments

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bitcoin Can Be Used For 'Illegal' Purposes - US Regulators by PedroWealth2: 9:51am On Feb 26, 2021
[quote author=TheRareGem1 post=99360182]And when CBN said the same thing in Nigeria people thought it was out of ignorance.

Many people even drag Osinbajo...abeg is he the CBN governor or the President?

CBN decision was out of ignorance and fear of what they don’t understand and can’t control. True crypto currencies can be used to perform illicit activities but these transactions are visible on the blockchain and users can be traced get because all crypto exchange sites uses KYC which shows the true identity of crypto users. Ask yourself these two questions; 1. Why has US not banned crypto transactions? 2. Who do think is respond for the creation of USDC coin?
Check this link to get educated on crypto and the blockchain technology :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yli5O1K6EsY
Re: Bitcoin Can Be Used For 'Illegal' Purposes - US Regulators by haryomikun(m): 10:59am On Feb 26, 2021
Billyonaire666:

You are too poor to know about RoI on an investment on the level of a $100K.

Do not blame me for your poverty of mind and body.
He’s right, you’re wrong.

I’ve been following Bitcoin since 2017 and even Bitcoin believers know he’s righr
Re: Bitcoin Can Be Used For 'Illegal' Purposes - US Regulators by Wolfeye: 6:53pm On Feb 26, 2021
int0x80:
Can you influence the value of dollar with a single tweet as Elon musk does with crypto currencies? The idea of decentralized currencies is quite impressive but there are more to it than meets the eye!

So you’re telling me and everyone that cares to know that before now worlds richest people whose assets are in dollars just sit around and “allow” the market fluctuation “decide” the value of the dollar?

Some of you are painfully naive.
Just because there is an app called twitter where you can actively see a billionaire use his influence to spike the growth of his asset DOES NOT MEAN IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE.

Some of you are painfully intellectually deficient.
You think life “just happens”. Lmao.

There is no such thing as an “underworld”. Everything you have accepted as “normal” is orchestrated by that same “underworld“ you are suddenly scared of.
Why are diamonds so expensive? What is the benefit and direct utility of having a diamond?
Why is a useless stone so expensive because it’s tranparent?
Have you ever asked yourself these questions?
What truly makes things expensive?
Who creates the market jostle and initiates the hunger for and/scarcity of such a useless commodity like diamonds?
Which people have their assets in gold and diamond?
Why are currencies “backed” by a useless stone called gold - that has no direct functionality/utility to human existence?

Some of you are painfully deficient upstairs.

Bitcoin/crypto is just like a the gold and diamonds that your richest folks cherish so much.
You shouldn’t be struggling to comprehend how something that is virtually “nothing” can just start picking up a buzz and next thing someone is tweaking the market to their advantage.
Why are there wars in african countries where this gold and diamonds are mined?
Why is there such a rush to mine every possible one and sit on it

“Underworld”.... smh.....
Re: Bitcoin Can Be Used For 'Illegal' Purposes - US Regulators by Wolfeye: 6:58pm On Feb 26, 2021
TheRareGem1:

Can you see your life.

I made some assertion, na curse you dey curse..and really wi will never know peace between you and me be?

Always sick of you people that cant engage intelligently seriously.

Keep being sick.
I’m sure if you and your likes were around when guns were being invented you will say they shouldn’t be used because criminals can use them too.
By your logic, because 911 happened, all planes should be grounded. Everybody must use cars...infact criminals use cars too....bicycle instead..no let everybody trek...guess what criminals have legs too...so let’s all crawl back to the Stone Age because one firewood philosopher wisely advised against anything that aids criminality...
Re: Bitcoin Can Be Used For 'Illegal' Purposes - US Regulators by Rityonyi(f): 10:04pm On Feb 26, 2021
priceaction:

Lol, nothing like that. I hate them with passion especially those telegram nonsense. Many of them are looking for free money to thief.
Are you following the cryp..to thread here? if not, check some of my comments or posts and trace it to the thread.

It may be 70% of what you need and be careful of many of those groups and telegram links (they will soon arrive grin that may turn out to be scam.

Thanks. I've been reading through the crypto trade as you directed. I see beeteecee is all in red now and Ada if moving fine. From peoples comments on the thread, I'll love to invest in Ada but first I want to wait for it to dip. Where can i check to know the right time to buy Ada? ]
Re: Bitcoin Can Be Used For 'Illegal' Purposes - US Regulators by calcal: 1:26am On Feb 27, 2021
blamingthedevil:
It is fraud. It has no back up product , that serves as basis for transactions.

What backs up Gold?
What did you gain when you put on gold?

Think of it and let me know
Re: Bitcoin Can Be Used For 'Illegal' Purposes - US Regulators by Adasun(m): 10:36am On Feb 27, 2021
Billyonaire666:

Which caves are you guys living under?

IPO - Intial Public Offering
ICO - Initial Coin Offering

Venture into capital Markets and FX trades especially Crypto FX and become wealthy while the tick tocks. Choose your exchange wisely.

It is not a gamble, the world is fast changing and the banks can not stop the greatest minds that are bent on destroying the old legacy systems. It is a new world.

thanks for everything grin
Re: Bitcoin Can Be Used For 'Illegal' Purposes - US Regulators by DAVE5(m): 1:16pm On Feb 28, 2021
blamingthedevil:
It is fraud. It has no back up product , that serves as basis for transactions.

Even paper money has no back up unlike what it used to be when paper money was backed by pure gold in reserves

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Calls Out Fidelity Bank Over Failure To Return Money After Failed Transfer / Customers Harass Kesley Mega Micro-Finance Bank MD In Enugu, Police Intervenes / CBN Opens Portal For Deposit Of Old Naira Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.