Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

7 Nigerian Women Talk About Their Best Ex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Nigerian Women Talk About Their Best Ex (411 Views)

My Best Ex / 9 Married Women Talk About Their Affairs Outside Marriage / End Of The Year! Nairalanders Share Their Best Photo Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Nigerian Women Talk About Their Best Ex by BigCabal: 11:40am On Feb 24, 2021
In mainstream media, when people talk about exes, they are usually referring to the worst one. In a bid to balance that, we asked 7 Nigerian women to tell us about their favourite ex.

Abigail, 34
Let’s call her M. She was everything I wanted in a partner — honest, loving, ambitious, beautiful and smart. We dated for over three years and it was the best time of my life. We loved each other deeply. We even had plans to leave Nigeria, get married and start a family. Our friends called us their couple goals.

But life happened. I lost my dad and I don’t do grief well. I shut down – mentally and emotionally. I started acting out and stopped communicating my needs to her. She tried her best to understand but I guess, at some point, it became too much for her to handle, so she broke up with me. She set the standard for everyone I dated after her. It’s been 11 years since then and no other woman has come close. Because of this, I stopped dating women and went back into the closet.

Annabelle, 27
My relationship with my ex was amazing. This guy worshipped the ground I walked on. He always bought me gifts and cooked me food. He had my pictures around his house. I met his family and he met mine. One day we were arguing and he said, “It doesn’t matter anyway, I’m getting married next month.”

Rese, 18
The last relationship I was in was my first serious relationship. It was also my ex’s first so we didn’t have enough dating experience. Everything went well until the end. I feel like I’m the reason we broke up but maybe that’s just my need to blame myself for everything. We both sucked at communication. Initially, I would tell her the things she did that annoyed me but she would do it again within two days. Towards the end, instead of talking to her about it, I would hold it in my mind and resentment started to build. It wasn’t the best decision because I snapped. I told her she was useless and ended a call we were on. We didn’t speak for seven months after that.

Continue: https://www.zikoko.com/her/7-nigerian-women-talk-about-their-best-ex/
Re: 7 Nigerian Women Talk About Their Best Ex by kc4christ(m): 11:43am On Feb 24, 2021
OK

(1) (Reply)

What Made You Realize That Your Friends Weren’t Truly Your Friends / Being Gay Or Lesbian Is Not Demonic – Ignatius Annor / Advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.