Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? (42789 Views)

Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M / My Husband Wants To Marry His Side Chic After I Reported Her To Her Husband / 7 Virgins: Man Who Married His Sister In Anambra Undergoing Spiritual Cleansing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by Lawalemi(m): 7:17pm On Feb 24, 2021
Once the in-laws are okay with it
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by femi4: 7:17pm On Feb 24, 2021
nnewa:
Hello NLanders, please help advise me on how to counsel this brother of mine who lost his wife about 2 years ago during child birth.

Now the man wants to re marry and is considering his late wife's sister. (Whether out of true desire, wish that the sister can take better care of her late sisters baby or another reason) it's worthy to note also that the lady in question is also advancing in age and likely to settle with any available man.

Please is it morally, culturally or religiously permitted to do so, he has been asking me
It's permitted culturally but it's no longer in vogue
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by witworth(m): 7:18pm On Feb 24, 2021
Cuttycool:
It is totally wrong for him to marry his wifes sister, it is an abomination. The man deserves a sound slapp to bring him back to reality. He is wicked and has betrayed his wife.
take it easy, we are all one mankind.
Don't increase your blood pressure because of ordinary simple question.
See forget abomination or whatever.
Unless the affair had not been going on behind the late wife's back, if it's a new developed interest, then why not. At least it will still keep the man very much into the same family he must have been already used to. Once again, we are all brothers and sisters

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by PHijo(m): 7:18pm On Feb 24, 2021
I think Igbo culture allows that
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by Oddwizard: 7:18pm On Feb 24, 2021
Win ur self data...listen to glo unlimited...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlu1RoSE0-0
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by benji93: 7:18pm On Feb 24, 2021
As much as this is may be uncommon, there's no such thing as right or wrong in this instance. Maybe you could ask if it was acceptable. But then you would have to ask his people not nairalanders.
nnewa:
Hello NLanders, please help advise me on how to counsel this brother of mine who lost his wife about 2 years ago during child birth.

Now the man wants to re marry and is considering his late wife's sister. (Whether out of true desire, wish that the sister can take better care of her late sisters baby or another reason) it's worthy to note also that the lady in question is also advancing in age and likely to settle with any available man.

Please is it morally, culturally or religiously permitted to do so, he has been asking me

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by kingLebron: 7:19pm On Feb 24, 2021
nnewa:

Not right.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by bluefilm: 7:21pm On Feb 24, 2021
YES.

Nothing wrong in it at all.

And if it so happens that he has been _fucking her before when her sister was alive, then what stops him from marrying her and continue with the _fucking when the sister is no more?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by SatanicPriest: 7:21pm On Feb 24, 2021
if my wife dies, i am never gonna remarry.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by successtutor(m): 7:22pm On Feb 24, 2021
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by akeeng: 7:23pm On Feb 24, 2021
Is she the only woman on planet earth?
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 24, 2021
The deceased's sister should be ready to bear some insults & accusations. People could say she probably had a hand in the death of her sister in order to achieve her fantasy.

Yoruba families would hardly support such a marriage,,,, but nothing is new under the sun

RisenPhoenix1:
she will take better care of her nephews and nieces than a complete stranger.

Ajumobi o kan t'anu oo. Humans would always be humans. The tune may change once she begins to have her own children angry
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by successtutor(m): 7:23pm On Feb 24, 2021
If tradition permits but this one must not die oo cos that family won't forgive you forever .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by benji93: 7:25pm On Feb 24, 2021
You need your head acupunctured. Totally wrong? If i didn't read some of the story, i would probably have thought someone's balls got blown off. Calm down. Some would even argue he's done well by not looking elsewhere. I think calling this a betrayal is out of place. How has he betrayed his wife?
Cuttycool:
It is totally wrong for him to marry his wifes sister, it is an abomination. The man deserves a sound slapp to bring him back to reality. He is wicked and has betrayed his wife.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by adesegun121(m): 7:25pm On Feb 24, 2021
Ok
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by yimnansunny: 7:26pm On Feb 24, 2021
sure he was not eyeing his wife sister eversince his wife was alive but nothing wrong sha as long as culture permits
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by CountDracula(m): 7:26pm On Feb 24, 2021
Cuttycool:

Why?
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by Help2020: 7:26pm On Feb 24, 2021
Newoldme:
He has been entering the place already.i dont support such act.
Is not about you.Are you the person in question?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by Qatar2022: 7:28pm On Feb 24, 2021
mutter:
As long as they did not have an affair while his wife was alive.
In my mind I think something like that has been going on

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by RRodwave(m): 7:28pm On Feb 24, 2021
Viknat:
I dey come abeg

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by greencard: 7:28pm On Feb 24, 2021
E no concern me

Let them marry if it seem appropriate to them
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by Itzurboi(m): 7:29pm On Feb 24, 2021
he can, provided he has been eyeing the sister in law before the wife's death...
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by benji93: 7:29pm On Feb 24, 2021
The only thing that's a red flag is the fact that the woman is advancing in age. Perhaps by that you mean late 30s or something. In which case if he wants more children that wouldn't be a good idea unless he has a strong faith.
nnewa:

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 24, 2021
nothing wrong at all. infact. you even kept it in the family
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by softguy1: 7:31pm On Feb 24, 2021
Lol.
What about brother in-law and sisters inlaw marrying each other (the brother of the husband and the sister of the wife). Is that one right?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by Cuttycool(f): 7:32pm On Feb 24, 2021
Incest is a sin in almost all cultures and religions. I am not sure the courts supports incestous marriages. As for all the men quoting me, how would you you happy if after your demise, your wife gets entangled with your brother?
CountDracula:

Why?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by LMS1(m): 7:33pm On Feb 24, 2021
benji93:
It's not incest. Go back to school. cheesy
so because of learning about incest I should live my Crypto trading and go back to school?.
u wicked o...you know how much I dey make for teaching dudes stuffs for Kali Linux? smh
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by holocron: 7:36pm On Feb 24, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Well, it depends.

If he has been sleeping with his wife's sister when his wife was still alive, then I won't advice him to marry her because there will be no spark or excitement during sex again.

But if he has always fantasized about shagging her and never got to, then marrying her is his only legitimate way to bring his fantasies to reality.

Although it is the dream of every ambitious man to shag either his wife's sister, mother or friend, his best bet is to marry a new woman entirely while still retaining his wife's sister to genuinely cater to his kids as her own while still shagging her on the side in the guise of helping her bear her own kids before menopause arrives.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by holocron: 7:37pm On Feb 24, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Well, it depends.

If he has been sleeping with his wife's sister when his wife was still alive, then I won't advice him to marry her because there will be no spark or excitement during sex again.

But if he has always fantasized about shagging her and never got to, then marrying her is his only legitimate way to bring his fantasies to reality.

Although it is the dream of every ambitious man to shag either his wife's sister, mother or friend, his best bet is to marry a new woman entirely while still retaining his wife's sister to genuinely cater to his kids as her own while still shagging her on the side in the guise of helping her bear her own kids before menopause arrives.

Lol! A badass bigger spotted.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by Cuttycool(f): 7:37pm On Feb 24, 2021
How many of you men quoting me, would be happy if your younger brother should date/marry your wife in the event where you died? How many of you would be happy? Its betrayal, its an incestous relationship and wrong.
benji93:
You need your head acupunctured. Totally wrong? If i didn't read some of the story, i would probably have thought someone's balls got blown off. Calm down. Some would even argue he's done well by not looking elsewhere. I think calling this a betrayal is out of place. How has he betrayed his wife?

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by stupidmod3: 7:39pm On Feb 24, 2021
LMS1:
Op It Depends On Your Tradition, Some May See It As A Taboo While Others May Not.
But Technically It Is Not Wrong To Marry Her Sister Since They Both Are Diffrent Body Entirely Except For The Fact That They Share Same DNA.
Tho Bear In Mind That If The First Died Due To Difference In Blood Group With The Man Then The Second Also Has A High Chance Of Following Same Path.
Gudluck And Happy Incest To Him. grin

read wetin u write

They Both Are Diffrent Body Entirely Except For The Fact That They Share Same DNA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Five Siblings Recreate Childhood Photo After 50 Years / Man Batters Wife, Throws Her Out For Rejecting Custody Of Love Child (Pictured) / I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.