Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,517 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? (42777 Views)

Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M / My Husband Wants To Marry His Side Chic After I Reported Her To Her Husband / 7 Virgins: Man Who Married His Sister In Anambra Undergoing Spiritual Cleansing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by alabsmichael(m): 8:37am On Feb 25, 2021
nnewa:
Hello NLanders, please help advise me on how to counsel this brother of mine who lost his wife about 2 years ago during child birth.

Now the man wants to re marry and is considering his late wife's sister. (Whether out of true desire, wish that the sister can take better care of her late sisters baby or another reason) it's worthy to note also that the lady in question is also advancing in age and likely to settle with any available man.

Please is it morally, culturally or religiously permitted to do so, he has been asking me
There is nothing wrong if the in-laws permit,this type is called sororate family
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by lordatkinson07(m): 9:38am On Feb 25, 2021
I'm not trying to be ritualistic of some sort.
But believe me, this person in this situation is an IBO PERSON

IBO AMAKA!
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by jmichael259(m): 9:40am On Feb 25, 2021
There is no tradition or Religion against this. It's not incest cos they're not related. It's not adultery cos the wife is dead. They're good to go.

But to aproko people, E go come b lyk say dem been dey whisper in the shadows while the wife was alive.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by Tonyblinky(m): 9:50am On Feb 25, 2021
and the king married two biological sisters!!!
that's alright abi?
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Hmmmm....here in the ancient city of Bini where the king is truly king......it is not alright
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by winner37(m): 11:45am On Feb 25, 2021
Do what is pleasing you ,do as your mine is directing you . she agrees ,her family agree than go ahead and marry her .
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by owendei(m): 1:04pm On Feb 25, 2021
pozehnani:

What is wrong is wrong.

Fine. Instead of insults, big minds share ideas.
Just say your mind and stop the insult.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by Coolgent(m): 2:59pm On Feb 25, 2021
nnewa:
Hello NLanders, please help advise me on how to counsel this brother of mine who lost his wife about 2 years ago during child birth.

Now the man wants to re marry and is considering his late wife's sister. (Whether out of true desire, wish that the sister can take better care of her late sisters baby or another reason) it's worthy to note also that the lady in question is also advancing in age and likely to settle with any available man.

Please is it morally, culturally or religiously permitted to do so, he has been asking me

In Islam it's allowed, it's also allowed in our tradition/culture.
If i set both of them aside...
It's morally right so that she can take good care of her nephew.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by Coolgent(m): 3:02pm On Feb 25, 2021
Cuttycool:
It is totally wrong for him to marry his wifes sister, it is an abomination. The man deserves a sound slapp to bring him back to reality. He is wicked and has betrayed his wife.

Madam you can't just criminalize something without genuine reason
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by Thunday1005(m): 5:09pm On Feb 25, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
It is even good to do so. He would have known her character for long, and she will take better care of her nephews and nieces than a complete stranger.

And maybe the family should give him discount on bride price, seeing as he's a long time customer.
Long time customers ? grin
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by Iamzik: 11:46pm On Feb 25, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Well, it depends.

If he has been sleeping with his wife's sister when his wife was still alive, then I won't advice him to marry her because there will be no spark or excitement during sex again.

But if he has always fantasized about shagging her and never got to, then marrying her is his only legitimate way to bring his fantasies to reality.

Although it is the dream of every ambitious man to shag either his wife's sister, mother or friend, his best bet is to marry a new woman entirely while still retaining his wife's sister to genuinely cater to his kids as her own while still shagging her on the side in the guise of helping her bear her own kids before menopause arrives.

Ah aghn!!??
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by Sixfeetbelle: 1:44am On Feb 26, 2021
Awesome01:
And for all those women shouting betrayal, it is wrong, bla, bla, bla... Who would you prefer to take care of your child or children, in the event that you died? Your sister or one total stranger. Choose wisely

I'll choose my sister.

Take care of my children, yes,
Marry my husband, not advisable.

My sister and I are two different individuals with different personalities. Marrying my husband may not bring her happiness that it brought me.

You guys should stop seeing this from only the man's perspective. Does the lady in question want to marry the man even if they met under an entirely different scenario?
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by Sixfeetbelle: 1:47am On Feb 26, 2021
Lawalemi:
Once the in-laws are okay with it

But is the lady in question okay with it? Does she genuinely like the man and want to marry him, or is she doing it as some sort of duty to her late sister?
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 04, 2021
Newoldme:
He has been entering the place already.i dont support such act.

Which place do you mean abeg? grin grin
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by freedomchild: 5:50am On Nov 28, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Well, it depends.

If he has been sleeping with his wife's sister when his wife was still alive, then I won't advice him to marry her because there will be no spark or excitement during sex again.

But if he has always fantasized about shagging her and never got to, then marrying her is his only legitimate way to bring his fantasies to reality.

Although it is the dream of every ambitious man to shag either his wife's sister, mother or friend, his best bet is to marry a new woman entirely while still retaining his wife's sister to genuinely cater to his kids as her own while still shagging her on the side in the guise of helping her bear her own kids before menopause arrives.
lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Batters Wife, Throws Her Out For Rejecting Custody Of Love Child (Pictured) / Five Siblings Recreate Childhood Photo After 50 Years / Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.