Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? (42790 Views)

Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M / My Husband Wants To Marry His Side Chic After I Reported Her To Her Husband / 7 Virgins: Man Who Married His Sister In Anambra Undergoing Spiritual Cleansing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by owendei(m): 7:39pm On Feb 24, 2021
pozehnani:
It's not right because he'll give people the impression that they've been dating even when the wife was still alive. some may even think she killed her sister.

Can't your brother get another woman outside the wifes'family? And the lady, can't can't she look elsewhere for a husband?. I wonder how comfortable she'll feel sleeping with a man that has slept with her sister. Some people mumu Sha.
What about men who keep and 'service' their late brother's wife? Stop creating a scene where there is none please. If their culture and tradition permits it, who are u to find it irritable?
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by stupidmod3: 7:39pm On Feb 24, 2021
Cuttycool:
It is totally wrong for him to marry his wifes sister, it is an abomination. The man deserves a sound slapp to bring him back to reality. He is wicked and has betrayed his wife.
villager
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by stupidmod3: 7:40pm On Feb 24, 2021
bluefilm:
YES.

Nothing wrong in it at all.

And if it so happens that he has been _fucking her before when her sister was alive, then what stops him from marrying her and continue with the _fucking when the sister is no more?
see ur conclusion undecided
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by CountDracula(m): 7:42pm On Feb 24, 2021
Cuttycool:
Incest is a sin in almost all cultures and religions. I am not sure the courts supports incestous marriages. As for all the men quoting me, how would you you happy if after your demise, your wife gets entangled with your brother?

First of, that's not invest, not even close. Secondly, I wouldn't care what my wife did because I would be DEAD

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 24, 2021
Newoldme:
He has been entering the place already.i dont support such act.
... Hnmmm ! What is there not to support if he has been entering the place since ?
Continuity is the best development that can move the world forward grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by md4u2: 7:47pm On Feb 24, 2021
It's a taboo, if it happens the man and the sisters inlaw should be question about the diet of wife n sister
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by benji93: 7:48pm On Feb 24, 2021
You didn't have to tell me you do crypto trading. It's very simple, if you don't quite know about something, better avoid discussing it.
LMS1:
so because of learning about incest I should live my Crypto trading and go back to school?.
u wicked o...you know how much I dey make for teaching dudes stuffs for Kali Linux? smh

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by iamL(f): 7:51pm On Feb 24, 2021
Not wrong in all ramifications if they haven't been having it while the sister is alive.
But is a big NO for me.
I can't even do that with a friend's ex.

What will the children be told abt their relations?. Be ready for suspicions, black lash and discomfore in such relationship is not worth it abeg.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by Ijaya123: 7:51pm On Feb 24, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
It is even good to do so. He would have known her character for long, and she will take better care of her nephews and nieces than a complete stranger.

And maybe the family should give him discount on bride price, seeing as he's a long time customer.

Volume discount things abi? grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by citypeer(m): 7:54pm On Feb 24, 2021
The root of such new relationship with sister of the dead should not be based on simply getting that one to take care of her late sister child but out of confirmed genuine love.'That is that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello good Nigerian people,
We do websites design for business, individual, company, NGO, Organisation, blog , social media marketing on face book, instagram, google my business, google adsense, etc.
My price is very affordable.
Price depends on what you want.
Please tell-a-friend & DM for your next project.

CONTACT
https:///c/2347067975840
lovedayjames29@yahoo.com +234 706 797 5840
https://loveday-multimedia-ltd.business.site/

BY LOVEDAY MULTIMEDIA BRAND
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by luminouz(m): 7:57pm On Feb 24, 2021
pozehnani:
It's not right because he'll give people the impression that they've been dating even when the wife was still alive. some may even think she killed her sister.

Can't your brother get another woman outside the wifes'family? And the lady, can't can't she look elsewhere for a husband?. I wonder how comfortable she'll feel sleeping with a man that has slept with her sister. Some people mumu Sha.

Your penultimate paragraph is funny. Men marry twin sisters and their nieces, cousins and the likes. What's the big deal when the said sister is dead? You and I both know this scenario would have been different had the sister been alive but she isn't. So why think about how the man fuqed her dead sister.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by LMS1(m): 7:59pm On Feb 24, 2021
stupidmod3:

read wetin u write

They Both Are Diffrent Body Entirely Except For The Fact That They Share Same DNA.
Haven't I told you guys comment was done solely under the influence
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by luminouz(m): 7:59pm On Feb 24, 2021
CountDracula:

First of, that's not invest, not even close. Secondly, I wouldn't care what my wife did because I would be DEAD

Nice logical output.

The guy you quoted was too emotional with his words.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by emonis88: 8:03pm On Feb 24, 2021
there is nothing wrong with it. marriage is till death do them part n death had separated them. marrying d sister is even a plus for her family. our elders say if road good, person go pass am twice. let him go ahead. better her sister than another dat il come n treat d child anyhow.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by benji93: 8:03pm On Feb 24, 2021
There comes the question. Is it acceptable? People may frown at it when they first hear about it, but it doesn't make it wrong. If by wrong I would assume you are standing on religious ground. But well I would like to know which one outlaws it. Now, a dead man cannot do anything about that. A dead man is neither happy nor sad. In the life beyond what happens, her doesn't concern him anymore. And according to our lord Jesus Christ we neither marry nor are given in marriage. I would have quoted the Jewish law that permits men to marry the wives of their deceased brothers, but then i am not sure that's appropriate here as it applies when the deceased brother died without a son. There are issues that are complicated, strange or uncommon, but that does not mean you can just throw the right/wrong label anyhow.
Cuttycool:
How many of you men quoting me, would be happy if your younger brother should date/marry your wife in the event where you died? How many of you would be happy? Its betrayal, its an incestous relationship and wrong.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by RayGold24(m): 8:05pm On Feb 24, 2021
No it's wrong embarassed
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by abbasajao(m): 8:05pm On Feb 24, 2021
Islamically, it is permissible in as much as you are not marrying the 2 sisters simultaneously.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by Nylonbag: 8:06pm On Feb 24, 2021
Chummynoni:
He shudnt try it. This is Nigeria. He and the lady would be accused of killing his wife.
How are you sure they don’t know about the wife’s death? I am sure they have been doing it before the death of his wife
Because the said sister must have left the house immediately the wife passed away
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by lordmans(m): 8:08pm On Feb 24, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
It is even good to do so. He would have known her character for long, and she will take better care of her nephews and nieces than a complete stranger.

And maybe the family should give him discount on bride price, seeing as he's a long time customer.

Hmmmm
Women are a different breed. The man maybe dead surprised by the time she came out with her true colors and maltreatment of her supposed nieces and nephews will shock his heart to fail.

So long their culture permits that but he must be sure she's a good woman and a nice replacement for his dead wives.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 24, 2021
SimplyFacts:
The deceased's sister should be ready to bear some insults & accusations. People could say she probably had a hand in the death of her sister in order to achieve her fantasy.

Yoruba families would hardly support such a marriage,,,, but nothing is new under the sun

Ajumobi o kan t'anu oo. Humans would always be humans. The tune may change once she begins to have her own children angry

If someone wants to live his life according to "wetin people go talk", he will achieve nothing in life.

But I agree that she may start misbehaving with her sister's kids when she has hers, but it's still better than a complete stranger.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by inumidun2010(m): 8:10pm On Feb 24, 2021
mutter:
As long as they did not have an affair while his wife was alive.

MAMA AGBALAGBA.. I hail oooooo... You registered on Nairaland 2007..i was in JSS3 then, still thinking on how to buy Nokia 2626... I no go offend you oooo
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by Iloko: 8:12pm On Feb 24, 2021
There is nothing bad in that.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 24, 2021
lordmans:

Hmmmm
Women are a different breed. The man maybe dead surprised by the time she came out with her true colors and maltreatment of her supposed nieces and nephews will shock his heart to fail.

So long their culture permits that but he must be sure she's a good woman and a nice replacement for his dead wives.

Obviously. At least, he will have seen her true character when her sister was alive. Women only spend energy pretending to those men they find attractive. When he was married to her sister, she won't have bothered pretending to him.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by bluefilm: 8:20pm On Feb 24, 2021
stupidmod3:
see ur conclusion undecided

Guy, abeg go an' do your own conclusion and leave me alone biko.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by Uyi168: 8:21pm On Feb 24, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Hmmmm....here in the ancient city of Bini where the king is truly king......it is not alright
But ur Oba packaged two sisters.. grin
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by pooozeee(m): 8:21pm On Feb 24, 2021

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by ihedioramma: 8:26pm On Feb 24, 2021
@OP Dont try it . if any thing happen to that her sister they will say you use them for blood money .
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by Lexusgs430: 8:33pm On Feb 24, 2021
nnewa:
Hello NLanders, please help advise me on how to counsel this brother of mine who lost his wife about 2 years ago during child birth.

Now the man wants to re marry and is considering his late wife's sister. (Whether out of true desire, wish that the sister can take better care of her late sisters baby or another reason) it's worthy to note also that the lady in question is also advancing in age and likely to settle with any available man.

Please is it morally, culturally or religiously permitted to do so, he has been asking me

It's wrong on all fronts....... He should look elsewhere........
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by Kinematics: 8:33pm On Feb 24, 2021
LMS1:
Op It Depends On Your Tradition, Some May See It As A Taboo While Others May Not.
But Technically It Is Not Wrong To Marry Her Sister Since They Both Are Diffrent Body Entirely Except For The Fact That They Share Same DNA.
Tho Bear In Mind That If The First Died Due To Difference In Blood Group With The Man Then The Second Also Has A High Chance Of Following Same Path.
Gudluck And Happy Incest To Him. grin

Kindly explain the bolded

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by fireback: 8:34pm On Feb 24, 2021
LMS1:

Tho Bear In Mind That If The First Died Due To Difference In Blood Group With The Man Then The Second Also Has A High Chance Of Following Same Path.
Gudluck And Happy Incest To Him. grin
please educate me, how can difference in blood group kill someone. and how is it an incest. remember they are not from the same parents.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 24, 2021
Ijaya123:

Volume discount things abi? grin grin grin

Yes na. Wholesale price.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? by tunesboyo(m): 8:38pm On Feb 24, 2021
pozehnani:

Too much Nigerian film no good cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Five Siblings Recreate Childhood Photo After 50 Years / Man Batters Wife, Throws Her Out For Rejecting Custody Of Love Child (Pictured) / I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.