Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

What Made You Resign From A Job? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Made You Resign From A Job? (21097 Views)

Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company / Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me / Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by capitalzero: 10:31am On Feb 26, 2021
I read most comments here. Most employees don't value themselves . If employers realize you are poor and desperate to get and keep a job, they would abuse you.
Don't try to over-mpress your boss. If you do, he would be suspicious of you.
Don't offer suggestions, if you are not asked to do so. Some employers would see it as act of aggression and that you may even steal business ideas.
Avoid too much familiarity especially female folks. Some male employers may see your being open them as being interested in relationships. Many female staff have raped and they could not report because of low self esteem. Set boundary from day 1. Be yourself. Don't be desperate. Be confident !!!
Avoid one man and start up business. If you find yourself in such business, prepare your exit from the beginning.

26 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Pauladex(m): 10:32am On Feb 26, 2021
femijay8271:
I resigned from my restaurant job because of the MD
the woman go want make you do extra jab without paying you pelu Insults lorishirishi. Naso I para for her one day without looking at the grave outcome because this woman na bloody Olowo with confirm connection with big-big men Dem around Victoria Island. I para for her at nite for workplace before morning reach I don japa way make she no con disgrace me for daytime.
Na man u be.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Theboss100(m): 10:33am On Feb 26, 2021
thatthickgurl:
I admire the courage to leave.

The reason I might have to leave my job as a customer care rep is because of the insults I get daily from rude customers.

We need to do better as humans
Hahahahaha @ the bolded cracked me up. Naija people no get joy lol.
Sorry dearie that's what we face in this country. Sometimes you just overlook it. What cannot break you will make you great. Think about that.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by TeemahBeddings0: 10:34am On Feb 26, 2021
HarunaWest:
Mine ain't too far fetched from the OP's story.
Had a corky boss..Someone that had anger issues.
I realized that if I didn't resign on time ,na 2 fighting go end. Moreover, I wasn't enjoying the job.
I just went home on a Friday and never returned. The kolo man sef no call me. He got the message.
hahaahaha

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Ajiswaggs(m): 10:34am On Feb 26, 2021
Never worked under someone before. I love to being my own BOSS. reason I dey hustle day and night online to Save a lot of cash and start phsical business.

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by badonkadonk: 10:36am On Feb 26, 2021
Preciousify:
I have been in that situation before.

I was paid 30k as a graduate. I didn't mind.
Tax was deducted from that peanut, dispenser water we drink in the office was deducted from the salary and a complusory 1k was deducted for welfare.

I usually close between 7pm and 9pm, waiting for the MD to go so I could lock up and go with the keys to the office.
7am, I am already at work to open the door for the cleaner to work.

I endured all these because my house was not far, I could trek or bike #100 to my house.

Then you face all sort of insults from the MD at any slighted mistake.

I got fed up, submitted my resignation letter. Then, they wanted to increase my salary, I told them my mind was made up already.

That was how I left.

It's very annoying how sole owners of companies treat their employees.

I swear down.. they make millions and pay pea nuts + insults

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Queenlovely(f): 10:36am On Feb 26, 2021
Maybe

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by silverkings: 10:36am On Feb 26, 2021
The boss is Pharm. Ezeobi Oliver. CEO Paragon pharmacy and Godbliss Energy. Avoid that man at all cost

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by TeemahBeddings0: 10:39am On Feb 26, 2021
cry kiss kiss
pocohantas:
Sole proprietorship? I commot hand for their matter.

No career growth.

No defined path.

Your appraisal is how well you can lick the ass of your MD, his wife and grown up kids.

If you work in the office, you will work overtime in his family house too. grin

You go sha dey work. Experience for the work sef no fit help your life.

I resigned my job because I got another. Though the next boss make me wan resign, I come look am wonder how. I went back the next day ready for him. I could do that because it wasn’t a one-man business.
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Ourown(m): 10:39am On Feb 26, 2021
Never had a job before.

Still looking for my first job. Please connect me if you can. Abuja or Ibadan. I have B.Tech biochemistry. 2.1. Male, 25 years old. I'm creative and relaible.

Good Job please. I am not desperate.

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by BabaIjebuXL(m): 10:39am On Feb 26, 2021
Iatrogen:
Ppl complaining about insults upadan should know they're paid for the amount of insult they can stomach than for what they can actually do...

This one na animal talk, just because someone works for you don't give you a right to insult them. Seek help

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 10:39am On Feb 26, 2021
OfficialGaGa:
hmmmm.... I never resign oh... cuz how I wan take resign from work wen I nor get.... person go get work first before e resign na....
but on a serious note some employers are wicked like their father the Devil...
make God help us to get work wen Dem go appreciate ur work n effort... not because of the salary alone...

BTW, na lagos naim yeye wicked employers/work full pass...

OfficialGaGa

The place I am now isn't a better offer, but the peace of mind is all I seek, in my former place, I make money yet I cry most a times, which may lead to depression, he even insults me in the presence of my workers

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by TeemahBeddings0: 10:40am On Feb 26, 2021
vincent10:
At my former place of work, almost everybody are insane. Once you join the company your thinking faculty change. You begin to act weird. Hence the need to leave.
witchcraft

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dimeji248(m): 10:40am On Feb 26, 2021
I resign from my work on 31st January this year, when I accepted this job [ Audit trainee in an Audit firm ] last year, we were 12 in numbers working there [2 chattered accountant, 8 audit trainee, 2 office assistant ] as at July 31 2020, we remained just 6 staff [ 3 audit trainee, 1 office assistant ], and the work load keep piling up, it got to a point they merge my work [ audit trainee ] with that of office assistant and the pay is bad [30k], before the job turn me into a saddist, I just kuku resign.

14 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Izabel(f): 10:42am On Feb 26, 2021
I was coming back home too late at night. Now I'm broke and wish I didn't quit

12 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Izabel(f): 10:42am On Feb 26, 2021
I was coming back home too late at night. Now I'm broke and wish I didn't quit
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 10:43am On Feb 26, 2021
NiRfreak:
Most people never resign from Job for here....No be person wey geh job dey resign?....
The most reason people resign is when they get better offer....
Got another job with less pay than former job
and am happy with peace of mind

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by TeemahBeddings0: 10:44am On Feb 26, 2021
dimeji248:
I resign from my work on 31st January this year, when I accepted this job [ Audit trainee in an Audit firm ] last year, we were 12 in numbers working there [2 chattered accountant, 8 audit trainee, 2 office assistant ] as at July 31 2020, we remained just 6 staff [ 3 audit trainee, 1 office assistant ], and the work load keep piling up, it got to a point they merge my work [ audit trainee ] with that of office assistant and the pay is bad [30k], before the job turn me into a saddist, I just kuku resign.
office assistant sometimes they wash toilet o.

Olorun saanu wa

9 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Kennyfancy(m): 10:44am On Feb 26, 2021
BUSHHUNTER:
Pay was good but too much temptation.
what type of job is that ?
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 10:45am On Feb 26, 2021
femijay8271:
I resigned from my restaurant job because of the MD
the woman go want make you do extra jab without paying you pelu Insults lorishirishi. Naso I para for her one day without looking at the grave outcome because this woman na bloody Olowo with confirm connection with big-big men Dem around Victoria Island. I para for her at nite for workplace before morning reach I don japa way make she no con disgrace me for daytime.

Hahahahahaha
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 10:45am On Feb 26, 2021
post=99431720:
#BeYourOwnBoss.
Entrepreneur is Bae mehn!

On a lighter note......
I will get there someday

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by na2016: 10:46am On Feb 26, 2021
Asked to go to the 2 most volatile states in northern Nigeria without a proper prior plan and no answers to critical questions that I asked.
I resigned straight away and till date, I have not regretted leaving the company.

7 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Kennyfancy(m): 10:46am On Feb 26, 2021
Draslo:
Too many loose ends. Office vaginas that cannot be unfucked. The drama can literarily drive you insane. Plus at the time my account balance dey give me top notch confidence.
what type of job
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 10:46am On Feb 26, 2021
Kobicove:
OP you were right to resign.
Being an employee does not make you a slave! undecided
Exactly Thanks bro
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by superCleanworks(m): 10:47am On Feb 26, 2021
Jashub:
Sorry to hear that bro. But let me give you this piece of advise:

1. Never think of a job as a long term thing ; rather look at it as a way to add value to yourself and promote your own plans in business.

2. Always go for jobs that make you happy and fulfilled. And never settle for a harsh working environment that does not appreciate your effort and talent

3. Start preparing yourself to learn a high-income skills that will free you from the shackles of a 9-5 job

thats the problem with Nigerians. OVER SABI.

we know you are a motivational speaker and you have 12 companies but please... THE TOPIC NEVER ASKED FOR YOUR ADVICE.

just respond in line with the topic. he would have asked for advice if it was what he needed.

7 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by GeneralKoko(m): 10:47am On Feb 26, 2021
First job I did in my life is working for my sister as manager of her logistics company during the lockdown . She never still pay me seff .

10 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Iyajelili(f): 10:48am On Feb 26, 2021
na2016:
Asked to go to the 2 most volatile states in northern Nigeria without a proper prior plan and no answers to critical questions that I asked.
I resigned straight away and till date, I have not regretted leaving the company.
Very wicked employer. Why didn't he go instead

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Xtopher123(m): 10:49am On Feb 26, 2021
Resigned in January from an Architectural Firm after working for 3 years. (pay was relatively okay with benefits...but)

Toxic and averse to innovation and Tech.
Leadership unwilling to be open to suggestions and recommendations from younger staff cause "It's not how we do it"
Internal politics and hate, back stabbing and sabotage.
Eye service and please the master only mentality.

My industry (Architecture and Construction) is experiencing a flux of digital transformation. I couldn't be left behind. I've always wanted to do better in the delivery of construction projects as an Architect.

This made me co-found a company for integrated project delivery. Also partnered with an Interior designer to deliver outstanding projects in record time. So everything is in-house. More like the way Tesla builds their cars.

Resigned in January to fully focus on the company and make the change I've always dreamt of.

11 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 10:49am On Feb 26, 2021
mkoabiola:
Chairman, comment readers association.
Lagos branch
lol chilled beer coming to you soon
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by BRATISLAVA: 10:50am On Feb 26, 2021
Queenlovely:
I resigned when a Kenyan man almost raped me with his eyes while working in sauri a village in Kenya. I worked for the UN millennium city project

he was always staring at me, I quickly resigned, I didn't want to be raped physically

prevention is better than cure

Lol

Your fantasy fiction never ceases to entertain.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by SeunOshewaWife(f): 10:50am On Feb 26, 2021
Queenlovely:

it's not pride or anything. but we no be mate

by age, financially, experience, education, everything. beauty even.

so keep off

Lol. Am I dragging anything with you, this woman or man (whoever is behind the handle)?

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dimeji248(m): 10:51am On Feb 26, 2021
TeemahBeddings0:
office assistant sometimes they wash toilet o.

Olorun saanu wa

my own never reach that level, but I go dey buy petrol at the petrol station and power on and off generator, open and close gate if my boss want go out.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sterling Graduate Trainee 2022 - Aptitude Test Invitation / NLNG Organizes List Of 120 Workers To Be Sacked / Can An Art Student With D7 In Maths Be Admitted Into Any Nigerian Uni/poly Etc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.