Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,271 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

What Made You Resign From A Job? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Made You Resign From A Job? (21101 Views)

Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company / Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me / Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 10:51am On Feb 26, 2021
coolfredo:
No be person weh get job de resign

Have little job managing
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by gonkin(m): 10:51am On Feb 26, 2021
Could barely survive on the pay, then the site closed down. I was to be posted to another site in another state at my own expense. No increment and i could barely survive here. I diddn't quit, just juggling offers and buying time while seeking how to survive till another job comes. I got paid off and I've been on freestyle ever since. When I was working I could barely gather a years rent. Now I have it. Though it wasn't easy and it still ain't.

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Theboss100(m): 10:51am On Feb 26, 2021
post=99431720:
#BeYourOwnBoss.

Entrepreneur is Bae mehn!

On a lighter note......
be your own boss abi.

After serving your customers with rotten vulture meat. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by sparta191(m): 10:52am On Feb 26, 2021
Preciousify:
I have been in that situation before.

I was paid 30k as a graduate. I didn't mind.
Tax was deducted from that peanut, dispenser water we drink in the office was deducted from the salary and a complusory 1k was deducted for welfare.

I usually close between 7pm and 9pm, waiting for the MD to go so I could lock up and go with the keys to the office.
7am, I am already at work to open the door for the cleaner to work.

I endured all these because my house was not far, I could trek or bike #100 to my house.

Then you face all sort of insults from the MD at any slighted mistake.

I got fed up, submitted my resignation letter. Then, they wanted to increase my salary, I told them my mind was made up already.

That was how I left.

It's very annoying how sole owners of companies treat their employees.

my story is actually similar to yours only that I was an ND holder then, resuming work by 6:30am in the morning and working till 9:PM. I earned 20k monthly but sometimes had to go home with 10k to 7k due to shortage, expenses such as the 1k deducted for welfare( was never refunded)birthday contribution towards celebrating our employers. honestly I hated waking up that early for a job that paid peanuts, coupled with the insult dished out by the manager. I felt overworked, under appreciated. I was a cashier, a sales attendant, cleaner,a potter, hell I was even sent to cut grass and other menial activities in my bosses other company. just resigned after 5 months.
the decision on it's own brought issues from family, the manager and others but my mind was made up

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 10:52am On Feb 26, 2021
HopeSpencer:
Long story.

1.My roles were transferred to the assistant manager without sacking me.

2. I was hired for a different job I'm qualified for. But my main capability is in the management of animal farming. They got to know about my main certificate and asked me to manage their farm while still doing what they hired me for. I was using a means of transportation owned by me to move between the the office and the farm without paying me for fuel or add to my salary.

Its well, I believe you are doing well now
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by superCleanworks(m): 10:53am On Feb 26, 2021
dosage150:
Sorry for the long story

I couldn't take it any longer I had to resign on 14th February, 2021 over the hurtful words of my MD.

I worked in an engineering company some years back and had to quit because the Head of department was a mor0n. He lacked manners and the only way he knew how to talk was to YELL. so one day he yelled at me to carry some engine tools and parts without the trolley because he was trying to make quick money. I just sat down there waiting for fire to come out from his nose. I walked out on him and resigned the next day.

7 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 10:54am On Feb 26, 2021
SmartPolician:
They once owed me for 3 months.
I couldn't stand being owed for another round of 3 months. grin grin
Where you later paid for the 3 months ?
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by BAVOSKI(m): 10:54am On Feb 26, 2021
Same thing happened to my Brother in a filling station in ondo Town, Where he manage a filling station with gas station....under 35k......he has resigned immediately

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 10:56am On Feb 26, 2021
Queenlovely:
I resigned when a Kenyan man almost raped me with his eyes while working in sauri a village in Kenya. I worked for the UN millennium city project

he was always staring at me, I quickly resigned, I didn't want to be raped physically

prevention is better than cure
This stare that made someone run for her life, lol
I really wonder

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 10:57am On Feb 26, 2021
Seniorwriter:
Hey....
In this era residual income will sack your employer!

If you are interested in knowing how to earn residual income with existing or newer skills and never lack cash for your livelihood then contact me for the tools needed to be put in place and allow the locomotives generate you money online, offline or both.
Imagine you have the right skill to create 1k clients that you make constant $50 from them each doing small task for them ones or twice a week.!! Awesome right.
Howbeit this ain't for the get rich quickly youths out there.....but if you want to grow wealth then contact me via my facebook on my profile.
Do you know that some people make money from Small skills like sending emails for agricultural companies...... There are so many remote jobs out there.

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!!
@SeniorWriter

chat me up please, 08100258247
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 26, 2021
Dis life no balance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 26, 2021
Non favorable conditions. Being used to work by the internals because we are contract workers there.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 11:01am On Feb 26, 2021
mayorcon:
I got a job of 70k a month but I resigned the following month simply because; 1. I was the only one working with my boss (this means I can't be productive where I am the only staff, I love to see people around me when I work), 2. I am a creative person and I hate to do things that follow the same routine every day, I get bored easily.

Funny enough, I just dropped my resignation letter yesterday. grin grin grin

The bottom line is that I so much pay more attention to my happiness and mental stability more than I place on money.

Don't even think I have cash reserve ooo. lols.

Lol, its good

most people are enslaved today because they put money first before their mental and emotion stability

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 11:02am On Feb 26, 2021
Emmamay10:
I resigned from a job in Abuja in 2019 to pursue a master degree. Now,ASUU strike and corona virus almost ruined things for me.

Its well, hope for the best, it won't last forever OK?
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 11:04am On Feb 26, 2021
Endymi:

My boss,father lord!
No matter how your best is,is still zero to her,she can never be satisfied with your work, she is an agent of depression, when ever she travels out,all the workers will be happy,and there will be joy in the land,but when she comes back,my brother, everyone in the neighborhood will know she is back from miles away to her house,I worked for this woman like a son to a mother does,but at the I always end up being blamed,what actually made me resign was the reduction of my salary,my God,some Nigeria employers are just heartless,note not all ,but I believe in the God I serve,very soon,iyanu maselé,I believe in the God almighty!

Anyway gone chapter, please if you have any work for me please,hit me up,I am an engineer.

Its well, most of them are agent of depression indeed

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Seniorwriter(m): 11:04am On Feb 26, 2021
dosage150:

chat me up please, 08100258247

I'm not on WhatsApp.....always on Facebook for furthermore.....

Productivity Leads To Productivity!!!!
@SeniorWriter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Hamachi(f): 11:04am On Feb 26, 2021
Morality aside, the reasons the richest 1% own more than half of the world's wealth:

• They're not afraid to take risk
• They're visionaries
• They think for themselves
• They think long term
• They keep what they own and pass it down to the next generation

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by NaijaGoBetter20: 11:04am On Feb 26, 2021
I resigned the day I realized I was a modern-day slave, the ED called me after he received my letter and promise an increase in SALARY but I said NO, second day I got another JOB where I'm a PRINCE right now not KING yet, maybe when I get my own personal biz I can be one

7 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 11:06am On Feb 26, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Just walked away from the bank job. No calls no nothing. Just walked away.
They nearly snuffed life out of me. 2016. Best decision I've ever made. The very best

Banking job, thats a no no for me
Thank God for you , but hope you are doing fine?
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by isaythetruth(m): 11:08am On Feb 26, 2021
Most Employers in the country take advantage of the economic situation and rising unemployment rate in the country to treat their employees like trash.

Sadly, our Labour laws are not that strong, that is why this bullshit continues... But a word of advice to us; Before you quit your job, make sure you have enough savings to last you till you get another one.

Or on the alternative, make sure you have gotten another one already, believe me, it is not funny in Nigeria anymore... one man was complaining a few days ago that to eat once a day is now a problem for him, people are suffering in Nigeria.

And sadly, our government ain't doing shit about it, they reward bandits with millions of Naira, but can't do shit for hustling Nigerians hustling to put food on their table.

Ok, oya no help us, but at least give us security, they won't.... who did we offend in this country?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by boom99(m): 11:08am On Feb 26, 2021
Queenlovely:
I resigned when a Kenyan man almost raped me with his eyes while working in sauri a village in Kenya. I worked for the UN millennium city project

he was always staring at me, I quickly resigned, I didn't want to be raped physically

prevention is better than cure

Lol

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 11:08am On Feb 26, 2021
Odingo1:
Nawaa oo for work in Nigeria, someone will start work by 7 a.m and end by 9 pm. Chai that is double shift, in most EU countries it is not allowed. If you work this Hours in Germany you don become a multi millionaire in Naira in only one year but German government will not allow it and your health insurance company also because you are endangering your health.

I just wish am there, lol
but its well, Nigeria its hell itself
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by SmartPolician: 11:11am On Feb 26, 2021
dosage150:

Where you later paid for the 3 months ?

Yes, I was. As the supervisor, I understood the business well enough to know that it had seasons. Towards the end of the year, patronage drops drastically.

It peaks again in the new year. Once they were able to clear the unpaid salaries during the peak periods, I resigned because I already had a plan to become self-employed.

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Nobody: 11:13am On Feb 26, 2021
dosage150:

Banking job, thats a no no for me
Thank God for you , but hope you are doing fine?
We bless God

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 26, 2021
Office politics.

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 11:14am On Feb 26, 2021
Perfectsouth:
my boss have said some unprintable words to me, he even once said I am the dumbest person on earth even though I handle million naira transactions on his behalf.. Those words use to get to me, affect and hurt me but it got to a time, I got used to it.

I later used those words to shape my life... It really shaped me..

How you choose to use those bad words depends on you

Bro at a point I can't sleep any longer,
always unhappy
and depressed

it hurts that all my efforts and accountability is appreciated this way
where is the courage to continue ?

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by derbykol(f): 11:16am On Feb 26, 2021
Akalia:
You were rather sacked unlike the OP that voluntarily resigned. You derseved the sack though. grin
But come to think of it,is sack death? grin

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by freshyoladipupo(m): 11:16am On Feb 26, 2021
angry
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by kizwid(m): 11:17am On Feb 26, 2021
Izabel:
I was coming back home too late at night.
Now I'm broke and wish I didn't quit
when did you quit, how much is the pay.. and apart from coming home late, is the worl stressful and is there good prospects?
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by freshyoladipupo(m): 11:19am On Feb 26, 2021
BAVOSKI:
Same thing happened to my Brother in a filling station in ondo Town, Where he manage a filling station with gas station....under 35k......he has resigned immediately
I have the feeling I know ur bro.
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 11:21am On Feb 26, 2021
vincent10:
At my former place of work, almost everybody are insane. Once you join the company your thinking faculty change. You begin to act weird. Hence the need to leave.
Lol, please can you give one example of acts of staffs there

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NLNG Organizes List Of 120 Workers To Be Sacked / Can An Art Student With D7 In Maths Be Admitted Into Any Nigerian Uni/poly Etc. / Government Work Is Not Worth It After All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.