Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

What Made You Resign From A Job? - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Made You Resign From A Job? (21104 Views)

Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company / Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me / Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by veraiyke(m): 7:52pm On Feb 26, 2021
Simply put, I wasn't paid as at when due and after two weeks into the new month (February 2021) I asked for it and drama came up. I told them to expect me when I get the salary or simply keep it to themselves let me have my peace. Two weeks gone and nothing and I've forgotten it.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by samwillyco1(m): 8:14pm On Feb 26, 2021
Odingo1:

If you do two full time job at different places, they will hammer you with tax 6, in tax 6 you will pay about 45% from your second full time work and your health insurance company will increase your monthly premium so at the end you work for nothing in your second work. All payment reflect at tax office so they will know that you are doing two full time job. A full time job is 8 hours.

This is serious, I will go for full-time and part-time Job.
Please if you can help me to move out of this Country called NIGERIA I will be the most happiest person on Earth.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 26, 2021
Queenlovely:

it's not pride or anything. but we no be mate

by age, financially, experience, education, everything. beauty even.

so keep off

I read through your comments too, and they sometimes sound fictional. But if you say they are not, it's okay. smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Feb 26, 2021
Preciousify:
I have been in that situation before.

I was paid 30k as a graduate. I didn't mind.
Tax was deducted from that peanut, dispenser water we drink in the office was deducted from the salary and a complusory 1k was deducted for welfare.

I usually close between 7pm and 9pm, waiting for the MD to go so I could lock up and go with the keys to the office.
7am, I am already at work to open the door for the cleaner to work.

I endured all these because my house was not far, I could trek or bike #100 to my house.

Then you face all sort of insults from the MD at any slightest mistake.

I got fed up, submitted my resignation letter. Then, they wanted to increase my salary, I told them my mind was made up already.

That was how I left.

It's very annoying how sole owners of companies treat their employees.

Sorry for your experience

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Preciousify(f): 9:27pm On Feb 26, 2021
rawfact:

Sorry for your experience
It's one of the lessons I have learnt in this life. I am stronger now.

Thanks anyways

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by realtalk19: 9:32pm On Feb 26, 2021
dosage150:
Sorry for the long story

I couldn't take it any longer I had to resign on 14th February, 2020 over the hurtful words of my MD.

I manage his filling station and building materials warehouse.

I really came to work with all my heart, I run the place as if its my own business that my landlord once asked me if its my dad's business.

I wake 5am everyday to set up the station at exactly 6am and closes 9pm .
There's no sales boy/girl in the warehouse beside the station, am the one selling the building materials, yet under the salary of manager of the station.

He pays me 33k which I don't mind, yet there's nothing I will ever do that will be good in his sight
He seems to hate me.
Any Lil mistake of mine, he calls me "idiot, I didn't go to school, am foolish, that he allowed me to be here because he doesn't have chance, that I add no value to the company, money he pays me is waste to him"

These words makes me feel worthless, I cry most a times in the office.
I handle millions of his money, none misses #5 for a day. He once called an auditor for me because he doesn't trust the account I give him monthly, yet no fund was missing.

After work on January, 2021, I paid other staffs on 3rd of February.
He pays me directly, and pays me whenever he likes.
I waited till 13th of February, I had to call him to know if did anything wrong and why delaying my salary. He hung up the call.

On 14th of February, I took the money through the Cashier, tendered my resignation letter and left the company.
The cashier made it known to him, he called me on phone and started shouting at me saying "why am I rushing money like this, that am foolish and very stupid, he had small regard for me before but now he knows am worthless, that he will never forgive me for this act". Without knowing that I have left the company already.

The next day, he paid me through my account same 33k.
I had to return the 33k I collected from cashier.

I resigned because I was fed up of the toxic and nassisist abuse I got from the head teacher which got me depressed and unhappy.

I was under paid yet I did the job with so much passion and commitment.

I was being constantly reminded that I was indispensable until I resigned and i became irreplaceable. They are presently on the 5th newly employed staff between August 2020 till date. They keep leaving because they couldn't endure what I endured and they couldn't do the work as much as I did.

I was hunted for eventually with offer of double pay, promotion and other mouth watering insentives but I turned the offer down because at that time God provided a peaceful , dignifying and stress-free job for me in a place where there was no vacancy.

The salary is still the same I was earning at my former place of work but I got a more dignifying position with minimal stress and I close early even though the transport fare is on the high side, it's still very peaceful for me.

I am always happy going to work and I come back home grateful.

Despite my experience at my former place of work ,I respond any time am being reached out to for help on how to handle some things joyfully because God already prepared a peaceful place for me and fought for me.

9 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by realtalk19: 9:40pm On Feb 26, 2021
NiRfreak:
Most people never resign from Job for here....No be person wey geh job dey resign?....
The most reason people resign is when they get better offer....

I disagree with you. I never had any job when I resigned.

That was my first time of having a peaceful sleep. Some jobs can make you depressed and worthless or violent depending on your tolerance level.

Peace of mind is more important than having a toxic job. It can drive you nuts

5 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Zammy123(m): 9:43pm On Feb 26, 2021
I'm still thinking if I should resign from this job on Monday.
when I got this job, I was not told I will be the cleaner, security and the agent(what I applied for) just for a salary of one job . A tele communication for that matter o
plus my boss is always aggressive and lashes me with abusive words as she pleases
did I mention the basic salary is 35k, FGS!

If you come across this before Monday. Kindly advice on
what to do.

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Ajiswaggs(m): 10:01pm On Feb 26, 2021
Vizconson:

You want to make money online to start a physical business? I think it should be the other way round. The world is moving digital.
I know bro, I just want to add physical business to my hustle too bcus many people believe anything digital na yahoo stuff. I just want to open shop, put something to sell and also focus on my online hustle. I can't be staying indoor all the time cuz of our people mentality.

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by realtalk19: 10:04pm On Feb 26, 2021
Iatrogen:
Ppl complaining about insults upadan should know they're paid for the amount of insult they can stomach than for what they can actually do...

That's quite unprofessional. Am being paid for services rendered not insults.

Na condition make crayfish bend. If you know your worth you will not permit to be trash talked rather you take a dignifying walk.

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by realtalk19: 10:05pm On Feb 26, 2021
Iatrogen:
Ppl complaining about insults upadan should know they're paid for the amount of insult they can stomach than for what they can actually do...

That's quite unprofessional. Am being paid for services rendered not insults.

Na condition make crayfish bend. If you know your worth you will not permit to be trash talked rather you take a dignifying walk.
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 10:50pm On Feb 26, 2021
Tokskob2008:

His excuse was that he hasn't been paid fully for the contract yet and the upfront he collected was used for our accommodation and feeding. It was later we learnt he doesn't go for any job without collecting 80% upfront the remaining 20% is what he use for paying us and if the clients don't pay the balance or pay late we get the short end of the stick.

Thats bad of him
he can actually pay 30% till client completes the payment
Everyone should feel it too
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 10:54pm On Feb 26, 2021
Alaganature:

How una dey get job just like that? cos I don find work till I finally give up..abeg I still dey find work

Be open to any opportunity
Leave the certificate
your circle of friends should link you to jobs, if they know of any
Reach out to them or anyone u come across
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 11:03pm On Feb 26, 2021
obonujoker:
As a Telecom power and maintenance engineer, I was posted to the North....
Studied computer science
can you be of help ?
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 11:09pm On Feb 26, 2021
veraiyke:
Simply put, I wasn't paid as at when due and after two weeks into the new month (February 2021) I asked for it and drama came up. I told them to expect me when I get the salary or simply keep it to themselves let me have my peace. Two weeks gone and nothing and I've forgotten it.
You should have waited patiently and get that salary
that should be your last sacrifice

I knew this is my last month in the company and I waited for my salary till 14th Feb

nobody fit chop my sweat

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 11:13pm On Feb 26, 2021
Zammy123:
I'm still thinking if I should resign from this job on Monday.
when I got this job, I was not told I will be the cleaner, security and the agent(what I applied for) just for a salary of one job . A tele communication for that matter o
plus my boss is always aggressive and lashes me with abusive words as she pleases
did I mention the basic salary is 35k, FGS!

If you come across this before Monday. Kindly advice on
what to do.
Have you made enough savings ?
how long have you worked?
what next after resignation?
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Offpoint1: 11:28pm On Feb 26, 2021
thatthickgurl:
I admire the courage to leave.

The reason I might have to leave my job as a customer care rep is because of the insults I get daily from rude customers.

We need to do better as humans
People don't know this is one of the worse job on earth... Some customers are complete idiots.

I quit mine after a month, with my Anger problem I couldn't endure some idiots insulting me on phone and I can't hit 'em back.

One idiot once call me to inform that our product makes him Hot, if we can send one of our female staff to him.

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Vizconson(m): 1:05am On Feb 27, 2021
Ajiswaggs:
I know bro, I just want to add physical business to my hustle too bcus many people believe anything digital na yahoo stuff. I just want to open shop, put something to sell and also focus on my online hustle. I can't be staying indoor all the time cuz of our people mentality.

Hmm, its up to you though.
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Nobody: 2:10am On Feb 27, 2021
AnI77:
I have resigned from all my previous jobs except the one I currently hold. In all past cases, I ended up resigning because it got to the point where I refused to continue to tolerate further bullshit from my line manager - the person I report to directly. Even in my current job (not in Nigeria), which currently pays me the equivalent of 1.15 million Naira on a monthly basis, I will happily resign for no reason and relocate to Nigeria, and do the same work that I am doing here, any day I can find an employer that matches my current salary. I always follow the money and go for minimized bullshit in my jobs, else I am out!

Corrections: I must emphasize that I did not leave my jobs, or the establishments that employed me, per se. Instead, I left the Line Manager (or boss) I was reporting to. This is crucial because I cannot work for the establishment in isolation. My point here is that every body has (or should have) an upper limit of the bullshit they can tolerate in any given job, beyond which they must quit without looking back. I certainly do, and you can bet on that!
senior man, do me give away grin
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Octopusbottle(m): 7:31am On Feb 27, 2021
Biznex:
We are in same boat. Work is so full of stress.work changes your skin colour cos u get to work mainly under the scorching sun.. there's no how u won't get lean n salary is so poor..1 man biz is a debacle

Exactly was am going tru..

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Alaganature(m): 7:40am On Feb 27, 2021
dosage150:
Be open to any opportunity Leave the certificate your circle of friends should link you to jobs, if they know of any Reach out to them or anyone u come across
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by DAVE5(m): 8:59am On Feb 27, 2021
thatthickgurl:
I admire the courage to leave.

The reason I might have to leave my job as a customer care rep is because of the insults I get daily from rude customers.

We need to do better as humans

I once worked as a customer service rep, for me it was super fun cos I enjoyed having to resolve people’s issues, my advise is learn ALL you can about your company and its products and/or services while also building on your confidence and never taking the insults to heart, I bet you, you would enjoy ur job 200%

Well based on our abilities, we were promoted to other departments, all in all, I spent 6 years at my company and today I sleep and wake when I choose and i pray never to be in search of a 9-5

Determination matters

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by DAVE5(m): 9:02am On Feb 27, 2021
Octopusbottle:

So u re dat famous aunty dat want to suffocate her boss by sitting on his face...lol

And you believe say nah she?

Lol
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by thatthickgurl(f): 9:07am On Feb 27, 2021
Offpoint1:

People don't know this is one of the worse job on earth... Some customers are complete idiots.

I quit mine after a month, with my hunger problem I couldn't endure some idiots insulting me on phone and I can't hit 'em back.

One idiot once call me to inform that our product makes him Hot, if we can send one of our female staff to him.

Thank you
Nobody seem to understand, words get to me a lot
I've been called idiot, stupid by customers. Should I also include the curses and you dare not respond
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Octopusbottle(m): 9:41am On Feb 27, 2021
DAVE5:

And you believe say nah she?

Lol

Bro, dere is a possibility it could be her,u know plenty weyrey full nairaland..lol
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by DAVE5(m): 10:30am On Feb 27, 2021
Octopusbottle:

Bro, dere is a possibility it could be her,u know plenty weyrey full nairaland..lol

Nah true u talk sha
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Offpoint1: 10:31am On Feb 27, 2021
thatthickgurl:

Thank you
Nobody seem to understand, words get to me a lot
I've been called idiot, stupid by customers. Should I also include the curses and you dare not respond
The ability not to respond, instead apologize... Was the reason I left.
It's like me being attack by an intruder and I have the weapon to defend myself, but I can't.

I give A+ to Network service provider customers care, I can't imagine what they go through daily.

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by thatthickgurl(f): 10:46am On Feb 27, 2021
DAVE5:

I once worked as a customer service rep, for me it was super fun cos I enjoyed having to resolve people’s issues, my advise is learn ALL you can about your company and its products and/or services while also building on your confidence and never taking the insults to heart, I bet you, you would enjoy ur job 200%

Well based on our abilities, we were promoted to other departments, all in all, I spent 6 years at my company and today I sleep and wake when I choose and i pray never to be in search of a 9-5

Determination matters

My mental health is at stake if I continue this job

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by sunnymighty(m): 10:49am On Feb 27, 2021
OGWILLS123:
If i talk my own now this thread go burst grin . mine was very time consuming, from 6am to 9pm some times past ten o'clock in the night. But since the day operation akpaku in calabar caught me because of curfew eeh undecided those soldiers reset,format and reinstall my brain. And guess what , the salary was 5k a month angry . Thank God i left there with some juice skills tongue. Now i can bake and design all kinds of cakes,and make all types of snacks. Can't wait to start my own bakery company.

Can you manage a bakery in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 11:10am On Feb 27, 2021
Hahjascho:
* A proud wicked man.

People really dey face things o.

If I tell u what he does to his staff you'll marvel. I intend to open a thread....

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by OGWILLS123: 3:46pm On Feb 27, 2021
sunnymighty:

Can you manage a bakery in Lagos?
shocked yes sir, i can. But i reside in calabar sad
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 27, 2021
Preciousify:

It's one of the lessons I have learnt in this life. I am stronger now.

Thanks anyways

You're welcome

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Government Work Is Not Worth It After All / Can An Art Student With D7 In Maths Be Admitted Into Any Nigerian Uni/poly Etc. / Sterling Graduate Trainee 2022 - Aptitude Test Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.