Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,532 members, 7,816,300 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

What Made You Resign From A Job? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Made You Resign From A Job? (21103 Views)

Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company / Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me / Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Uniquisite: 2:13pm On Feb 26, 2021
Ekg911:
I have similar case. In my case I was Learning a skill(Auto Mechanic)and hard working. I'm observant. My boss always find any slight mistake from me so he can send me back home.. I have learnt more and it was the best thing to happen to me..but I have left him, so I can start from somewhere too

A similar stuff happen to me. Apprenticeship na hell but we move..

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by TeemahBeddings0: 2:22pm On Feb 26, 2021
grin
Queenlovely:

money is not everything.
the salary was nothing to me, i gave it to ophanage homes.
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Businext: 2:23pm On Feb 26, 2021
Many things

It was a 6 figure salary job

But I left

If I can turn back the hands of time

I'd leave on the same day, month and year I left

No regrets.

It was a fantastic experience all the same.

But when it was time, I typed my resignation letter and cleared my table.

#MayGodDirectOurPaths

6 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by winnah(f): 2:32pm On Feb 26, 2021
Jashub:
Sorry to hear that bro. But let me give you this piece of advise:

1. Never think of a job as a long term thing ; rather look at it as a way to add value to yourself and promote your own plans in business.

2. Always go for jobs that make you happy and fulfilled. And never settle for a harsh working environment that does not appreciate your effort and talent

3. Start preparing yourself to learn a high-income skills that will free you from the shackles of a 9-5 job

You get Sense man!!!! Nice one

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by winnah(f): 2:34pm On Feb 26, 2021
Jashub:
Sorry to hear that bro. But let me give you this piece of advise:

1. Never think of a job as a long term thing ; rather look at it as a way to add value to yourself and promote your own plans in business.

2. Always go for jobs that make you happy and fulfilled. And never settle for a harsh working environment that does not appreciate your effort and talent

3. Start preparing yourself to learn a high-income skills that will free you from the shackles of a 9-5 job

Nice one

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Alaganature(m): 2:41pm On Feb 26, 2021
dosage150:

Honestly, it hurts, he never called, though his wife called and i told her am done with the work, and am ok
started my new job on monday still hoping on starting up a business

How una dey get job just like that? cos I don find work till I finally give up..abeg I still dey find work

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by samwillyco1(m): 2:50pm On Feb 26, 2021
LutanFyah:
Are you still below 25yrs cos somebody sent me an opening in a micro finance bank, maybe you can apply .

You should be saying something, like 37 years of age.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Tokskob2008: 3:10pm On Feb 26, 2021
dosage150:

Hope you knocked off his teeth
very selfish and wicked
what is 1k even if he fed you guys
His excuse was that he hasn't been paid fully for the contract yet and the upfront he collected was used for our accommodation and feeding. It was later we learnt he doesn't go for any job without collecting 80% upfront the remaining 20% is what he use for paying us and if the clients don't pay the balance or pay late we get the short end of the stick.

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by CooldudeX1: 3:10pm On Feb 26, 2021
OduntanGabriel:
What I wrote on my CV wanted to kill me , I said I can work under pressure and they brought task that is filled with pressure ..... It’s not easy working in a call center managed by Indians.
Ison Bpo?

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Jhnball1(m): 3:10pm On Feb 26, 2021
I couldn't stand the words from the OM and MD
I quit and started my own cleaning company in abuja.

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by IvarDboneless: 3:13pm On Feb 26, 2021
Too much jealousy in that office...was the only guy from a different tribe but every other person in that office including the MD were of the same tribe. This one be say, you could see the level of hypocrisy and jealousy in that office omoo. Even some dey do juju to keep their positions and their job. If something goes wrong you could glarely see how the management will shield that person because he/she is of same tribe but if na me omo na straight query And I was the best dressed, even their girls dey fo for me. I just had to call it a quit before Dem kill me. Hoping for another job sooner at least I get small business way I dey manage.

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by replete(m): 3:30pm On Feb 26, 2021
broswilli:
I am an employee and also an employer. I will say that i always have good relationship with my employers even when i worked as an NYSC memeber. As an employer i try to be good with my staff but some staff can be funny. A staff that wants you to pay him/her without working, she just fills your ear with excuses. Some staff are also wicked, they work for you but are working for themselves. I employed a man in my poultry farm, whenever i am not around he sells the birds when he saw that i was caught he started selling the feed. One idiot was coming to my farm to buy feed from him. That is what poverty mentality does to people they are always crooked in their dealings.
you must be in rivers state precisely PH

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by obonujoker(m): 3:34pm On Feb 26, 2021
As a Telecom power and maintenance engineer, I was posted to the North....

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 3:44pm On Feb 26, 2021
post=99431720:
#BeYourOwnBoss.

Entrepreneur is Bae mehn!

On a lighter note......

AUDIO GRILLER.
WHERE YOUR OFFICE DEY?
KEEP DECEIVING YOURSELF!!!

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by kroger: 3:47pm On Feb 26, 2021
BigDawsNet:
Work as a server in a restaurant in LA

had to quit because I gotta focus on my career IT..

it was cool experience with extra tips income

Have u started your IT career?

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by ofiko123(m): 3:50pm On Feb 26, 2021
I lost interest that is all...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Baruwaaaaa(m): 4:05pm On Feb 26, 2021
Stories full here o o o o

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 4:39pm On Feb 26, 2021
dosage150:

Had it been you went back,you would HV paid for the apology

DDDaaammmmnnnn.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by NarnieAceTech: 4:43pm On Feb 26, 2021
I won't say I resigned but I had to leave because the pay was kinda small with conditions attached;
It was my PPA during my NYSC. I was the video editor/ graphics designer of a start up. My boss offered me me a job after service. if i had accepted, i won't really have time to focus on my web development skill acquisition. Though I was also offered accommodation but it came with a condition of 'No females allowed to sleep over'.

I just couldn't deal. So, I humbly rejected the offer.

I'm back in Lagos, trying to secure a job but I'm currently working/ helping my brother in his shop at Alaba Int'l market.

I'm a web designer/ developer, also a graphics designer, T-shirt screen printer. Help out If there's any job opening for a web designer or developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, Jquery and Php and also use of Photoshop. I customize and print T-shirts for individuals, occasions or organizations.

I also deal on Uk-used TVs (LEDs and LCDs), Laptops, Tablets, Wallpapers, KTC vegetable oil and other general goods. Thank you

5 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Odingo1: 4:47pm On Feb 26, 2021
samwillyco1:

I will then get two jobs, close one and switched to the next one.

If I see any means to leave this country I will do it immediately
If you do two full time job at different places, they will hammer you with tax 6, in tax 6 you will pay about 45% from your second full time work and your health insurance company will increase your monthly premium so at the end you work for nothing in your second work. All payment reflect at tax office so they will know that you are doing two full time job. A full time job is 8 hours.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Draslo(m): 4:49pm On Feb 26, 2021
Kennyfancy:
what type of job

Why do you ask?
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by na2016: 4:50pm On Feb 26, 2021
TeemahBeddings0:
office assistant sometimes they wash toilet o.

Olorun saanu wa

Some people in abroad you dream of going to, wash toilets and they are graduates (after all, there is dignity in labor and it is respected there). The thing is, washing the toilet is not an issue but the disdaining treatment from fellow staff and management of such organizations in Nigeria is the problem. Also, the money you earn from such a task in Nigeria is as good as nothing. Whereas, a cleaner is respected in developed countries and paid minimum living wage from which he can live a decent life.

6 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by naxyrick: 5:48pm On Feb 26, 2021
Seniorwriter:
Hey....
In this era residual income will sack your employer!

If you are interested in knowing how to earn residual income with existing or newer skills and never lack cash for your livelihood then contact me for the tools needed to be put in place and allow the locomotives generate you money online, offline or both.
Imagine you have the right skill to create 1k clients that you make constant $50 from them each doing small task for them ones or twice a week.!! Awesome right.
Howbeit this ain't for the get rich quickly youths out there.....but if you want to grow wealth then contact me via my facebook on my profile.
Do you know that some people make money from Small skills like sending emails for agricultural companies...... There are so many remote jobs out there.

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!!
@SeniorWriter
add me on Facebook Emmanuel chukwuemeka am wearing white cloth and green tie

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Seniorwriter(m): 5:50pm On Feb 26, 2021
naxyrick:
add me on Facebook Emmanuel chukwuemeka am wearing white cloth and green tie

Send a message

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!!
@SeniorWriter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by daniel7328(m): 5:55pm On Feb 26, 2021
vickydevoka:
My madam was asking me to sleep with her. As a sharp guy, I reason say she wan use me renew her jazz. Na run I run o. I no reason resignation letter.

Omo this one off me oo���, u for wait na

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Herbephe1(m): 6:38pm On Feb 26, 2021
I worked for 3years earning 5k,i later resigned when I realized I was lagging behind (no achievement,no room,sleeping on mat ....) Nigeria is glory killing country

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Hahjascho(m): 7:04pm On Feb 26, 2021
Endymi:

My boss,father lord!
No matter how your best is,is still zero to her,she can never be satisfied with your work, she is an agent of depression, when ever she travels out,all the workers will be happy,and there will be joy in the land,but when she comes back,my brother, everyone in the neighborhood will know she is back from miles away to her house,I worked for this woman like a son to a mother does,but at the I always end up being blamed,what actually made me resign was the reduction of my salary,my God,some Nigeria employers are just heartless,note not all ,but I believe in the God I serve,very soon,iyanu maselé,I believe in the God almighty!

Anyway gone chapter, please if you have any work for me please,hit me up,I am an engineer.
Agent of depression*

With what Nigerians face, our mental health really dey important.

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Hahjascho(m): 7:08pm On Feb 26, 2021
Perfectsouth:
my boss have said some unprintable words to me, he even once said I am the dumbest person on earth even though I handle million naira transactions on his behalf.. Those words use to get to me, affect and hurt me but it got to a time, I got used to it.

I later used those words to shape my life... It really shaped me..

How you choose to use those bad words depends on you
True, but some words can wreck lives.

Some things are much better when avoided.

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Vizconson(m): 7:17pm On Feb 26, 2021
Ajiswaggs:
Never worked under someone before. I love to being my own BOSS. reason I dey hustle day and night online to Save a lot of cash and start phsical business.
You want to make money online to start a physical business? I think it should be the other way round. The world is moving digital.

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Hahjascho(m): 7:20pm On Feb 26, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:
I resigned from a job if 100k per month and I had no job or hope in sight. My boss is a top notch in government and a proud wicked man. Since I resigned I've not looked back. He has called with offers ( a car & more money) but no going back.

God bless the rich
* A proud wicked man.

People really dey face things o.

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Neville66: 7:25pm On Feb 26, 2021
Just as it is important to look after physical health during the outbreak of Novel Coronavirus, it's also important to keep on top of how you are feeling.
Check out wellbeing while working from home to get more details.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can An Art Student With D7 In Maths Be Admitted Into Any Nigerian Uni/poly Etc. / Government Work Is Not Worth It After All / Sterling Graduate Trainee 2022 - Aptitude Test Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.