Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes (42994 Views)

Tinubu Govt Plans Earn-as-you-work Pay Policy For Workers / FG To Electrify 5m Homes, Create 250,000 Jobs With Renewable Energy / FG To Electrify 5m Homes In Rural Communities With N2.3 Trillion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by RichDad1(m): 7:43pm On Feb 26, 2021
Old news.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 26, 2021
Simplyleo:
So what's the power output of a unit of the solar panel?

A solar panel just convert the solar energy, you need other associated accessories which might even be more expensive.

Besides, solar panels that can comfortably power an average home with 2 AC, Fridge, and few low power consuming equipment can't be less than 500k.

Yes, I said it.
Yes ! We heard you ! cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by seyz91(m): 7:44pm On Feb 26, 2021
grin
wirinet:

144,000 per unit ke? Ordinary a good 200ah deep cycle cost more than N144,000, before we even start talking about the inverters, charge controller, solar panels and accessories, and then cost of installation

Maybe the solar set up is just for charging phone and running a few lights.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by sonofthunder: 7:44pm On Feb 26, 2021
plaindealer:

Great move.

Less than what many Nigerians pay per month for electricity.

5 Million household is a lot of solar panels, how I wish there's a solar panel manufacturer in Nigeria to take advantage of this program.

But what do you recon that unit will power? And how many units will a family need to power their appliances?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by timagentms: 7:45pm On Feb 26, 2021
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by k777(m): 7:45pm On Feb 26, 2021
Why are they using him for the dirty jobs

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by Deathisfree: 7:47pm On Feb 26, 2021
Simplyleo:

A solar panel just convert the solar energy, you need other associated accessories which might even be more expensive.

Besides, solar panels that can comfortably power an average home with 2 AC, Fridge, and few low power consuming equipment can't be less than 500k.

Yes, I said it.

Any solar that will power 2 Ac start from 1.5m upward

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by moodyguy: 7:47pm On Feb 26, 2021
Simplyleo:

Yes, I said it.
wot about 1AC and 2 deep freezers

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by CoolAmbience(m): 7:48pm On Feb 26, 2021
plaindealer:

Great move.

5 Million household is a lot of solar panels, how I wish there's a solar panel manufacturer in Nigeria to take advantage of this program.

People still do not appreciate that, despite the setbacks of insecurity, this remains one of Nigeria's best administrations.

There are local solar panel manufacturers in Nigeria.

Perhaps a few of them.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by BlessedNuel: 7:48pm On Feb 26, 2021
Noted
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by VaselineCrew: 7:52pm On Feb 26, 2021
Officialgarri:
I still don't know why Africa is still getting deceived that Solar is the way for for Electricity just because we have abundance of sunlight.

Any deep thinker and non conformist will realize that it's all a scam

Solar should be the most expensive source of electricity

Solar is not a scam though, expensive yes! Scam? No!

Well maybe those solar panels that they sell in naija market sha.

Don't you think that it's fascinating that solar panels produce power day after day without needing any intervention?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by VaselineCrew: 7:54pm On Feb 26, 2021
moodyguy:
wot about 1AC and 2 deep freezers

Still would be very expensive, actually more than said 500k

Unless you just want to turn it on for 5 mins, lol grin
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by johnmartus(m): 7:55pm On Feb 26, 2021
Don't mind them. During mimiko administration in Ondo state he did the same thing spent a lot of money on a damned project. The project not last for 2years .
Officialgarri:
I still don't know why Africa is still getting deceived that Solar is the way for for Electricity just because we have abundance of sunlight.

Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by CoolAmbience(m): 7:55pm On Feb 26, 2021
Gbagura:
Osinbajo is a brilliant man, I don't knoe about buhari.

Keep quite joor!

Was neither of Jonathan and Sambo intelligent?

It takes a smart person to work with another.

Buhari may not be as eloquent as Osinbajo, but he is not any less intelligent.

You cannot convince anyone that his work with Idiagbon was by fluke.

Your comment reeks of ethnic bigotry.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by gaddafe(m): 7:55pm On Feb 26, 2021
Officialgarri:

God bless you. I have said this severally. Solar is not an option to electricity. It is even cheaper to buy a petrol generator than using solar

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by moodyguy: 7:55pm On Feb 26, 2021
Deathisfree:

Any solar that will power 2 Ac start from 1.5m upward
how long wud it last.?.I mean d batteries
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by stanquest282(m): 7:55pm On Feb 26, 2021
Simplyleo:

Yes, I said it.

Nor be the same AMOUNT when you take they BUY ONE ITEM then they USE BUY BULK ITEM OGA..... calm down never said so yet
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by Walletnaira: 7:56pm On Feb 26, 2021
Panel of 20k at oshodi
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by VaselineCrew: 7:56pm On Feb 26, 2021
gaddafe:

God bless you. I have said this severally. Solar is not an option to electricity. It is even cheaper to buy a petrol generator than using solar

Over how many years though? That's the point.

Solar is like paying for 10 years worth of fuel on day one, but that doesn't mean it's more expensive in the long run.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by moodyguy: 7:57pm On Feb 26, 2021
VaselineCrew:

Still would be very expensive, actually more than said 500k

Unless you just want to turn it on for 5 mins, lol grin
so how much wud last like normally 24/7?
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by TheRareGem1(f): 7:57pm On Feb 26, 2021
This is purely lies. What kind of misleading headline is this?

https://nairametrics.com/2020/11/30/25-million-nigerians-to-pay-n4000-monthly-for-solar-power-system/#:~:text=The%20Presidency%20has%20disclosed%20that,over%20a%203-year%20period.

Beneficiaries will pay N4,000 monthly which is fair and good deal, people should consider the maintenance cost that attached to solar energy.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by Rexnegro(m): 7:57pm On Feb 26, 2021
plaindealer:

Great move.

there is in lagos , I know who work with them

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 26, 2021
Collect the Solar, before you pay finish, the solar don spoil... Naija way of life!
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by gaddafe(m): 8:00pm On Feb 26, 2021
VaselineCrew:

Over how many years though? That's the point.

Solar is like paying for 10 years worth of fuel on day one, but that doesn't mean it's more expensive in the long run.

But have you used it before? Do you know that, that panel has an expiry date usually 2-5 years depending on the type of panel you bought. Now this is apart from battery replacement and others. By the time you calculate what you have spent for two or three years and compare it with when you use fuel generator, the difference will be clear
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by TheRareGem1(f): 8:01pm On Feb 26, 2021
Simplyleo:

Yes, I said it.

This solar is not for people in the city but for people who are not connected on the national grid, people in the village. These are the beneficiaries.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by VaselineCrew: 8:02pm On Feb 26, 2021
moodyguy:
so how much wud last like normally 24/7?

A lot of money for pure 24/7 operation, lol grin

Like, a lot....

It would cost a lot, not due to the price of the solar panels, but the price of the batteries.

Unless you cut cost by buying so called "SOLAR BATTERIES" from Nigeria, which would probably die in a year.

The cost of running that load while the sun is shining though would not be that much, like from around 8a.m - 5p.m.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by faceland: 8:02pm On Feb 26, 2021
They like to talk about what they will do. When would this government of false promises do?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by TheRareGem1(f): 8:04pm On Feb 26, 2021
Officialgarri:

And you think developed countries are still relying on on grid energy. Nawa for this guy o. When they are using solar and thermal power, abeg carry your ignorance comot for here
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by VaselineCrew: 8:04pm On Feb 26, 2021
gaddafe:

But have you used it before? Do you know that, that panel has an expiry date usually 2-5 years depending on the type of panel you bought. Now this is apart from battery replacement and others. By the time you calculate what you have spent for two or three years and compare it with when you use fuel generator, the difference will be clear

Yeah, I do use solar, and the panels are still going strong, generating power each and every day.

You do have very very valid points though, I must say! The cost of solar "mistakes" by buying substandard products can be quite substantial, especially buying substandard batteries and having to replace them often.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by williams85(m): 8:05pm On Feb 26, 2021
Simplyleo:

Yes, I said it.
500k is even cheap with all the appliances u mentioned. Just keep N2 million

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by McDoe(m): 8:09pm On Feb 26, 2021
You are not taking the economy of scale into consideration. Besides, this is a major project that would have involved wide consultations and advice from experts.

Or do u think those banks will embark on a project without feasibility studies and indepth knowledge of what they are venturing into? Think about it na

wirinet:

144,000 per unit ke? Ordinary a good 200ah deep cycle cost more than N144,000, before we even start talking about the inverters, charge controller, solar panels and accessories, and then cost of installation

Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by McDoe(m): 8:11pm On Feb 26, 2021
wirinet:

You are not taking the economy of scale into consideration. Besides, this is a major project that would have involved wide consultations and advice from experts.

Or do u think those banks will embark on a project without feasibility studies and indepth knowledge of what they are venturing into? Think about it na

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Coup Speech That Overthrew Buhari On August 27, 1985… / Throwback Photo Of Buhari Dancing With A Girl / Ayiri Emami, Dangote, Oshiomhole & Obaseki Hang Out Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.