Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes (43007 Views)

Tinubu Govt Plans Earn-as-you-work Pay Policy For Workers / FG To Electrify 5m Homes, Create 250,000 Jobs With Renewable Energy / FG To Electrify 5m Homes In Rural Communities With N2.3 Trillion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by erico2k2(m): 10:25pm On Feb 26, 2021
plaindealer:

What's your ignorant and irrelevant obsession with hybrid? Can this solar installation go off grid. Yes or No?

Most of the homes in Nigeria with solar installations are all hybrid homes because they can go off grid or stay on grid ass needed so what's you silly and ignorant hybrid rubbish about? You just ran across the word hybrid?

Well I don't blame you, this is what happens when one is ill exposed, make una travel get sense and get a good education no way
google what a Hybrid system help urself

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by psucc(m): 10:27pm On Feb 26, 2021
wirinet:

You are highly ignorant of the subject matter and you are just talking just for the sake of supporting government.

I have installed complete solar systems and any one who has even a minute knowledge of solar system knows a N144,000 system cannot supply more than a 1kwh on a good sunny day, that's assuming you use a modified sine wave inverter and a cheap 100ah battery. This type of inverter would burn your freezer compressor and ac fans in 6 months.

A government that is serious about promoting solar energy would REMOVE DUTY AND TARIFFS on solar products and discourage the importation of substandard Chinese products, as they are a waste of money.

This sounds like an avenue to make money at the expense of energy starving Nigerians.
I will implore you read my comment again. You will understand what I mean. Don't be so upset. After all they plan it for rural (invisible) households.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by erico2k2(m): 10:31pm On Feb 26, 2021
psucc:
I will implore you read my comment again. You will understand what I mean. Don't be so upset. After all they plan it for rural (invisible) households.
you mean those houses with two Edison Bulbs only grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by plaindealer: 10:33pm On Feb 26, 2021
erico2k2:

Oh my days you still asking this stupid question even though I took my time to explain what HYBRID means
Bross free me ur IQ is too low for persons like me to engage with, I pass whatever you believe this shyte is it is

I'll ask again to give you an opportunity to redeem yourself.

Can this solar installation go off the grid. Yes or No.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by ophilly: 10:39pm On Feb 26, 2021
JosephXavier:
Just two days ago they said they want to reintroduce the toll Gate fee

Now they want us to pay for solar panel

If I understand English properly, this means Nigerians will pay for their roads to be constructed

Will also pay to have light

We will also pay tax to the government

What then are government doing for us then?

If we will pay for all this, that means we won't be paying tax

Before nko, you don't want to pay for electricity? You don't want to pay your tax? You don't want to pay tolls on highways? Even in a developed country like USA, they don't joke with toll on their highways though there are freeways that are toll-free. If we want quality services, we should be ready to pay accordingly.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by erico2k2(m): 10:41pm On Feb 26, 2021
plaindealer:

I'll ask again to give you an opportunity to redeem yourself.

Can this solar installation go off the grid. Yes or No.

Stop being stupid and trying to change the subject, was the argument about SOLAR?
it was about a HYBRID system @ FUPRE which Im sure you have googled and realized you were stupid In the 1st instance
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by plaindealer: 11:00pm On Feb 26, 2021
erico2k2:

Stop being stupid and trying to change the subject, was the argument about SOLAR?
it was about a HYBRID system @ FUPRE which Im sure you have googled and realized you were stupid In the 1st instance

Ok, let's go with your hybrid obsession.

Can this hybrid system go off grid. Yes or No.?

See, hybrid or not, you still sound ignorant and unintelligent.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by CalmElder(m): 11:00pm On Feb 26, 2021
erico2k2:

check those who gain with this epileptic power supply
let me tell you the losers already as things stand
people who cut your wire and charge you to re connect9Bribr)
People who read Meters and dash you xtimated bills
People who sell meters
Now if power is structured proper
Generator sellers will lose
Discos will lose cos they cannot now return power to Gencos as they do now
the sale of Inverters will vanish
Generator repairers will be jobless.
more petrol and diesel for us at the pump as no one without cars will ever know pump price
I can go on n on
Those idiots who own the Discos will lose cos their gain
will be real and little plus they will now be forced to invest in their own infrastructures
But I see us going that way, have you seen the new Prepaid meters which have no cards?

I understand now.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by erico2k2(m): 11:11pm On Feb 26, 2021
plaindealer:

Ok, let's go with your hybrid obsession.

Can this hybrid system go off grid. Yes or No.?

See, hybrid or not, you still sound ignorant and unintelligent.

Guy pisss off,go and play wiv ur mates
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by Coronavirus1: 11:17pm On Feb 26, 2021
Simplyleo:
So what's the power output of a unit of the solar panel?

A solar panel just convert the solar energy, you need other associated accessories which might even be more expensive.

Besides, solar panels that can comfortably power an average home with 2 AC, Fridge, and few low power consuming equipment can't be less than 500k.

Yes, I said it.
You are correct
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by gonkin(m): 11:20pm On Feb 26, 2021
Me wen don dey on inverter for almost 3 years now and its even the cheap one and it cost me less than 60k without solar panels. I still dey oppress my neighbour with at least 6hrs of power. Tv, fan, 100l fridge

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by plaindealer: 11:22pm On Feb 26, 2021
erico2k2:

Guy pisss off,go and play wiv ur mates

I know you are trying to run away with your silliness and ignorance, but at least answer my simple question.

Can this hybrid system which is primarily solar and batteries go off grid, yes or no?

See ya life, simple question about the same hybrid you've been shouting and ranting about you can not even answer.

Ignorant people are always biting more than they can chew..
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by erico2k2(m): 11:24pm On Feb 26, 2021
plaindealer:

I know you are trying to run away with your silliness and ignorance, but at least answer my simple question.

Can this hybrid system which is primarily solar and batteries go off grid, yes or no?

See ya life, simple question about the same hybrid you've been shouting and ranting about you can not even answer.

Ignorant people are always biting more than they can chew..

Like I said ur IQ is way too low for me to Engage wiv, Pls do us a favour and foxtrot oscar!
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by erico2k2(m): 11:26pm On Feb 26, 2021
gonkin:
Me wen don dey on inverter for almost 3 years now and its even the cheap one and it cost me less than 60k without solar panels. I still dey oppress my neighbour with at least 6hrs of power. Tv, fan, 100l fridge
you know if you add a Solar panel. to your set up you now have a Hybrid system, this means you can charge your batteries with electricity and also solar,I have this set up at the Mrs shop
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by ShootThemAll(m): 11:28pm On Feb 26, 2021
Lori iro! 144,000 naira. A 200Ah sound battery is even more than that, what about the inverter? Solar panels? Charge controller and cabling.

Another FAILED project. Osinbajo has no shame in getting himself involved in this fraud just the same way he did with Softcom deal and NEMA.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by meobizy(f): 11:30pm On Feb 26, 2021
Na them know. If it will guarantee me electricity 24/7 then I’m for it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by edoairways: 11:35pm On Feb 26, 2021
Officialgarri:
I still don't know why Africa is still getting deceived that Solar is the way for for Electricity just because we have abundance of sunlight.

Any deep thinker and non conformist will realize that it's all a scam

Solar should be the most expensive source of electricity
So which do you suggest?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by edoairways: 11:40pm On Feb 26, 2021
CoolAmbience:

People still do not appreciate that, despite the setbacks of insecurity, this remains one of Nigeria's best administrations.

There are local solar panel manufacturers in Nigeria.

Perhaps a few of them.

That is not true. This is the worst administration I have ever experienced.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by plaindealer: 11:43pm On Feb 26, 2021
erico2k2:

Like I said ur IQ is way too low for me to Engage wiv, Pls do us a favour and foxtrot oscar!

lmao...

Talking about IQ, your measly and gutter level IQ is not even good enough to answer a simple and elementary question about your own hybrid rant.

One more time and since you are talking about hybrid, can this hybrid system go off grid, yes or not?

I hope your elementary IQ is able to answer this question to support your own ignorant hybrid rubbish.

I think your IQ is kpanda IQ sef. grin
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by erico2k2(m): 11:46pm On Feb 26, 2021
plaindealer:

lmao...

Talking about IQ, your measly and gutter level IQ is not even good enough to answer a simple and elementary question about your own hybrid rant.

One more time and since you are talking about hybrid, can this hybrid system go off grid, yes or not?

I hope your elementary IQ is able to answer this question to support your own ignorant hybrid rubbish.

I think your IQ is kpanda IQ sef. grin
I know you crave acknowledgment, now you have been noticed ok piss off already!
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by erico2k2(m): 11:47pm On Feb 26, 2021
edoairways:

So which do you suggest?
The cheapest is Hydro, wind, and thermal
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by edoairways: 11:48pm On Feb 26, 2021
indigene:

Do you mean something like this setup@144000? Well crafted by greenify solar power
How many hours does it carries?
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by edoairways: 11:50pm On Feb 26, 2021
erico2k2:

The cheapest is Hydro, wind, and thermal
Hydro power project would do however is it efficient during rainy season? Secondly, can it be installed in the southern part of the country?
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by plaindealer: 11:53pm On Feb 26, 2021
erico2k2:

I know you crave acknowledgment, now you have been noticed ok piss off already!

Oya, put you low IQ to good use for a change, just answer yes or no.

grin
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by erico2k2(m): 11:56pm On Feb 26, 2021
edoairways:

Hydro power project would do however is it efficient during rainy season? Secondly, can it be installed in the southern part of the country?
you can Dam any waterway if one has the resources North or south, as per seasons, we have rivers which flow dry or wet seasons.
We have a dam on the top of a mountain in the Uk that comes alive to help the surge that comes into play from 7 pm to 10 pm uk time
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by erico2k2(m): 11:57pm On Feb 26, 2021
plaindealer:

[s]

Oya, put you low IQ to good use for a change, just answer yes or no.
[/s]

grin
nah you won't get a free lecture from me
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by plaindealer: 12:00am On Feb 27, 2021
erico2k2:

nah you won't get a free lecture from me

Yes or not is not lecture, it's answering a simple and elementary question, something you are too low IQ and too shallow to do.

It's even sad and pathetic that you can not even stand by your own hybrid rants.

Shame on you.

I mistook me for one of the your fellow shallow and ignorant people.

grin grin
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by edoairways: 12:02am On Feb 27, 2021
erico2k2:

you can Dam any waterway if one has the resources North or south, as per seasons, we have rivers which flow dry or wet seasons.
We have a dam on the top of a mountain in the Uk that comes alive to help the surge that comes into play from 7 pm to 10 pm uk time
Hmmmm! I wonder why our politicians don't think straight
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by calcal: 12:37am On Feb 27, 2021
Henix:
I hope they are not going to supply us substandard ones

After the 4th year that shit will not work properly, candlelight will be better off
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by plaindealer: 12:43am On Feb 27, 2021
calcal:

After the 4th year that shit will not work properly, candlelight will be better off

Even with your negative mindset and the fact that you don't know anything about this program and what's to be installed, 4 years of stab le electricity without candle is still a win.

Some Nigerian youths are so knee deep in negative mindsets and weak thoughts instead, no bright ideas, no original thoughts, just negativity and criticisms.

Very sad.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by erico2k2(m): 1:23am On Feb 27, 2021
edoairways:

Hmmmm! I wonder why our politicians don't think straight
Oh no they think straight trust me,I went to Uni with a lot of their kids here in the UK back in the days. They are just wicked and love suppressing Nigerians. They do not want Enlightenment cos enlightenment brings about freedom and freedom makes people hold their leaders accountable!
Re: Nigerians To Pay N144,000 For Solar Panels Govt Plans For 5m Homes by erico2k2(m): 1:29am On Feb 27, 2021
plaindealer:

Yes or not is not lecture, it's answering a simple and elementary question, something you are too low IQ and too shallow to do.

It's even sad and pathetic that you can not even stand by your own hybrid rants.

Shame on you.

I mistook me for one of the your fellow shallow and ignorant people.

grin grin
Just to further establish your stupidity which is prevalent,You are asking me if a Hybrid system that needs the national grid as part of its recharge system can wokr off grid So why is it called a HYBRID system then if it is going to recharge purely on Solar p anels and not give back to the national Grid.Even this sounds DUMB to a DUMB person

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Presidential Inauguration G-wagon / What President Buhari Told 36 State Governors In Closed Door Meeting Today / Throwback Pictures Of Governor Rotimi Amechi And Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.