Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? (44900 Views)

UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants / How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport / Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Bvlgari: 12:09pm On Mar 12, 2021
DAVE5:

Sense of entitlement?
Most of them? Who be the people

Funny you, u can yap about expenses and how people call to beg for money but ur confidence no let you talk ur earnings

Before you insult me, hope u know say me and you no sabi so e no possible say I dey part of people wey dey call you to beg for money ohh, don’t mistake me for ur peeps

Give as you can, if you can’t, tell them you can’t or you don’t have

OK o I have heard u...I know your type
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by DAVE5(m): 12:12pm On Mar 12, 2021
Bvlgari:

OK o I have heard u...I know your type

Lol, funny chap
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Iatrogen: 12:53pm On Mar 12, 2021
I'm looking for how to survive on 30k/month so I can save a lot to gtfo this shithole.

I'm single and home is close to work.

Na only cigar and booze dey chop my money. I no too gbadun babes like dat, or should I say na the reverse.

Na who go help me laidis
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by krissconnect(m): 1:01pm On Mar 12, 2021
Xavi2019:

Sure
I just emailed you bro. Thanks
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by averageguy(m): 1:25pm On Mar 12, 2021
IjeBos:
Live Alone
House = $4000
Phone bills for 2 = $100
Home internet/Cable = $200
Groceries = $300
Auto Insurance = $200
Utilities = $400 avg (elec/ water/ gas heat in the winter)
Daycare x 2 = $0
Fuel = $160
Lawn Care = $100
Home insurance = $200

Total is $5,660. doesn't include eating out and household maintenance expenses (cleaners, dry cleaning etc, health insurance, clothing, meals during the day at work, etc. etc.)

Location, big city Northeast USA.

The house price living along seems relatively high outside of NY and CA. Is this for a one bedroom?

Also, you mentioned you are in biomed. Did you have to get student loans, or have many years of experience in your field?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Larrykaysail(m): 2:51pm On Mar 12, 2021
truthsayer009:
Truly it doesn't make sense to just say somewhere in United states

It makes the information completely meaningless. Rent in NYC is far different to Mississippi. Please endeavour to add your state or province, thanks.

I can't disclose my location on social media ni, na Rich people dey buy house NYC. Am in Georgia

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by IjeBos(m): 3:19pm On Mar 12, 2021
catice:
Please Which Phone network? I pay $50 on Boost Mobile! cry

If ur in the US, check out Visible. I think they have a plan you can get for $25 a month and it runs on the Verizon network. I would switch but my plan gives me free international data, so when I do personal travel it's been a life saver(getting off a plane) when I can't immediately get local data.
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by IjeBos(m): 3:28pm On Mar 12, 2021
averageguy:

The house price living along seems relatively high outside of NY and CA. Is this for a one bedroom?

Also, you mentioned you are in biomed. Did you have to get student loans, or have many years of experience in your field?

It's a 3 bedroom. House and condo prices have skyrocketed. It's probably on the lower end in those markets for a decent area. Check the comps. Take care.
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 12, 2021
DAVE5:

I no dey like cheating, the guy is quick to write his expenses and also quick to say people back home call to beg for money, but him no tell us how much him dey make

He’s probably making $3k upwards for him to be spending such amounts meanwhile he wan dey yab people wey dey here, some people in naija dey sponsor peeps abroad

I agree that some people in Naija sponsore people abroad. I also don't like calling people beggar but bros you need to live out here to see the real nature of Nigerians back home. Everyone sees you as an atm. People only remember to call or chat you up when they need something. Some will complain that the money is too small.

So I no too blame the guy ooh

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by investorMK(m): 5:33pm On Mar 12, 2021
IjeBos:
Live Alone
House = $4000
Phone bills for 2 = $100
Home internet/Cable = $200
Groceries = $300
Auto Insurance = $200
Utilities = $400 avg (elec/ water/ gas heat in the winter)
Daycare x 2 = $0
Fuel = $160
Lawn Care = $100
Home insurance = $200

Total is $5,660. doesn't include eating out and household maintenance expenses (cleaners, dry cleaning etc, health insurance, clothing, meals during the day at work, etc. etc.)

Location, big city Northeast USA.
This can't be true......
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by seunmarytemi(f): 6:11pm On Mar 12, 2021
Heathrow44:

Hello
hello sir, would you like to patronize me?
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Samunited2015: 12:45am On Mar 13, 2021
Live Alone
House rent : 8000aed(all bills inclusive)
Gym: 3500aed (personal trainer inclusive)
Phone bills : 210aed
Car gas : 1000aed
Car maintenance fee : 3000aed
Groceries: 1500aed
Family expenses: 4000aed
Miscellaneous: 5000aed
Total : 23210aed equivalent to #3m

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by nitrogen(m): 2:14am On Mar 13, 2021
masam:
Dubai
Rent - 1200aed ( N157,200)
Feeding - 500aed (N65,500)

Wife/kids Naija

Feeding- 100k
Sch fees - 45k times 3 kids( Not monthly)
Others - 20k
Rent- 58,333 monthly

Total: N446,033

Lucky you, my rent alone in Dubai was 7500 Aed per month. It was a serviced apartment sha.
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Bvlgari: 2:19am On Mar 13, 2021
Samunited2015:
Live Alone

expensive...bless bro
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by nitrogen(m): 3:40am On Mar 13, 2021
DAVE5:

Be kind enough to show the people back in Nigeria how much you earn, that way we know if we can beg you for money or not

If you earn $1500 upwards, I think we have a right to ask you for money sir

Geez, this is crazy and funny at the same time.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by nitrogen(m): 3:45am On Mar 13, 2021
Samunited2015:
Live Alone

Lol, 3.5k for gym? 3k for maintenance? Abegi, no way you will spend 23.2k aed in Dubai per month?

If the apartment is serviced, I can still agree with the rent amount. Other na wash!
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by DAVE5(m): 7:09am On Mar 13, 2021
slachtoffers:

I agree that some people in Naija sponsore people abroad. I also don't like calling people beggar but bros you need to live out here to see the real nature of Nigerians back home. Everyone sees you as an atm. People only remember to call or chat you up when they need something. Some will complain that the money is too small.

So I no too blame the guy ooh

The bolded is exactly why I quoted the guy initially, to me it seemed he was raising shoulder, even we in naija, we suffer ur fate, everywhere you go, you owe people automatically, I could say yours is better cos it’s probably only on phone they can reach you, in naija here, it’s everywhere you go, it gets worse if you drive a car, way worst if ur car con fine, worsetest part is if nah fine benz, people assume u have 1 billion stacked away that you should be dashing dem but we don’t come online to brag about people asking for funds

Humans would always be humans, we move in the direction of where our belly can be filled, when it can be filled

Then again, you should only give as much as you can, don’t let it hurt you so bad it affects everything else cos problem no dey finish

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Shakitibob0: 7:15am On Mar 13, 2021
Carmal90:

Way please.....
Let's hook up if you can raise up to 1M to process admission..

1M includes school fees for one semester
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by DAVE5(m): 7:19am On Mar 13, 2021
nitrogen:

Geez, this is crazy and funny at the same time.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lol, no mind us joor, if op no dash us money wetin he gain

Lol, I dey try get work for Cruise FM.com

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Carmal90(m): 7:47am On Mar 13, 2021
Shakitibob0:
Let's hook up if you can raise up to 1M to process admission..

1M includes school fees for one semester

I sent pm
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by GloShare(m): 8:15am On Mar 13, 2021
nitrogen:

Lol, 3.5k for gym? 3k for maintenance? Abegi, no way you will spend 23.2k aed in Dubai per month?

If the apartment is serviced, I can still agree with the rent amount. Other na wash!

That guy dey lie. How does he service car every month?

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by GloShare(m): 8:17am On Mar 13, 2021
Samunited2015:
Live Alone

You service car every month?

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by TFLASHOGEE(m): 8:33am On Mar 13, 2021
You guys should stop saying some one is lying because you don't know him personally, respect anyone's post on here every one has different pockets and choice ( even in this Same Nigeria some people service their car every month so what the big deal) and you don't even know the kind of car he use. Because you don't spend one amount every month in Same country doesn't mean another person doesn't spend triple of what you spend.
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by BlessedHay(m): 8:41am On Mar 13, 2021
What's the standard of living?

How much for minimum wage?

How many hours of work?

Laws regarding foreigners living there?

WhyNa:
Location Vietnam

Expenses for one person per month...

1) Accomodation (1 bedroom) - $230

2) Electricity and water - $10-12

3) Everything food including ijekuje- $60 -$80

4) Fuel - I drive a lot - $25 max

5) Internet - $18. I forgot to negotiate internet as part of rent which is the norm here

6) Miscellaneous... more ijekuje and things I don't need -$50

Total -$415

Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Samunited2015: 10:56am On Mar 13, 2021
nitrogen:

Mind you it all depends on what we wanted in life , I even spend way more in some months, I have always wanted a fit lifestyle that’s why I spend more on fitness, and for the car maintenance fee , the higher the car you use the higher the maintenance fee
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Samunited2015: 10:58am On Mar 13, 2021
GloShare:

That guy dey lie. How does he service car every month?
LOL
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by descarado: 12:30pm On Mar 13, 2021
Youngzedd:

It's Canadian dollar not USD.

Sighs with relief.

That got me seriously worried
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by Lordspicy(m): 3:59pm On Mar 13, 2021
Born2conquer:

Where can one get accommodation in dubai? Will it also involve funitures and all?

You can get anywhere, some come fully furnished.
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by CryptoRepublic1: 6:14pm On Mar 13, 2021
Samunited2015:

Mind you it all depends on what we wanted in life , I even spend way more in some months, I have always wanted a fit lifestyle that’s why I spend more on fitness, and for the car maintenance fee , the higher the car you use the higher the maintenance fee

Bros can I come and stay with you for a while?

I'm planning on coming to Dubai hopefully next month after our lockdown here.

Cheers.
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by OkanlawonB(m): 6:16pm On Mar 13, 2021
[What you are quoting here is totally unbelievable. Please dont lure our unsuspecting people to go and get stranded in a country not in any way better than Nigeria. Vietnam is one of the poorest countries in Asia.

quote author=WhyNa post=99798235]

Yes and yes

Life here is super cheap and you can save nothing less than 800 USD per month.

The LOWEST you can earn here is 1200 USD and it's teaching English

Go check my thread

https://www.nairaland.com/5687510/journey-hanoi-vietnam[/quote]
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by CryptoRepublic1: 6:19pm On Mar 13, 2021
Lordspicy:
Rent 2000 dirhams
WiFi 100 dirhams
Dewa 300 dirhams
Food 300 dirhams
Metro card 450 dirhams
Alcohol 200 dirhams
Miscellaneous 100 dirhams
Total = 3450 Aed approximately 459k

Bros ,
2000 aed per month is that for a studio apartment or house sharing please?

I'm hoping to come for few weeks and I think I might rent a house instead of staying in hotel.

What do you think?
Re: How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? by OkanlawonB(m): 6:23pm On Mar 13, 2021
WhyNa:

Yes and yes

Life here is super cheap and you can save nothing less than 800 USD per month.

The LOWEST you can earn here is 1200 USD and it's teaching English

Go check my thread

https://www.nairaland.com/5687510/journey-hanoi-vietnam

Plesse stop misinforming people. Zoo many nigerians are suffering in these third word oversea countries.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Drunk Guys Coming From Night Club Crash Their SUV In Lekki Area Of Lagos. Photos / 20 Most Dangerous Bus Stops To Avoid In Lagos And Why / Rivers State Completes Rumuola Flyover In Port Harcourt (Pictures & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.