Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job (32680 Views)

Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? / I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR / 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by pozehnani(f): 6:26pm On Feb 28, 2021
Go on your knees and tell it to God that your being truthful like His word commanded cost you a job based on world's standard but that you know everything is working together for your good and trust He will compensate you with a better job. I'm telling you, if you do this prayer, heaven will move on your behalf. Stop making it look like God is a liar or cannot help His own.

"And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free". Do you know what freedom that truth you told has brought you? Rejoice bro. God has something better in the offing for you. Just go ahead and begin to thank Him.
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by FreeSpirited: 6:27pm On Feb 28, 2021
Viking007:
Please where did this happen in the bible?

Gen 12 vs 10 to 13....first lie
Gen 20 vs 1. to 13 ..... second lie
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Midoda: 6:27pm On Feb 28, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Lol! I "massaged" my DOB

Hmm,how den take discover.?
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by thymm50(m): 6:28pm On Feb 28, 2021
You didn't lose the job because you were righteous, you only suffered due to your lack of knowledge. Wisdom is profitable to direct. At least you have learnt something about interviews, you admitting you know somebody within the bank is like saying the possibility of favouritism on your progress should not be ruled out
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Dedan112(m): 6:29pm On Feb 28, 2021
[color=#000000][/color]Yes, You did they right thing, so don't regret because for you doing that your the strongest man of them all..
always say the truth in full..
Most times we fail because we went to or we will take the praise in future, because of our beauty, degrees, experience, popularity, and recommendations..
God's time is the best and it pleases Him, He will bring it to pass so only Him will take the Glory...

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Odingo1: 6:30pm On Feb 28, 2021
It may not be the reason but you would have said no, that is the better answer. The person you know is not your family member.

Some questions require evasive answer to be on safe side. So if go to Embassy to seek for a visa for study and they ask you if you will come back after your studies so you go mumu tell them you will not come back rather you will develop your career in their country. Na red card they will give you. Just say you are coming back to add value to your country from what you learn where you know say if you get the visa na to run jappaaaaaaaaaaa.

2 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by NOwazobia: 6:30pm On Feb 28, 2021
Only those who knows the definition purpose and value of righteousness can claim they are righteous and the OP is not one of them. He is like a kid who forced or conditioned to a particular life without knowing what that life entails in person. The op only have book knowledge, he does not possess common sense and deep reasoning or logical skill. That is why he failed the job test and also failed his righteousness test. In conclusion, the OP is not righteous, but may be moral or ethical.

2 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Cypherfx: 6:30pm On Feb 28, 2021
God is preparing something good for you, don't give up

2 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by airsaylongcome: 6:38pm On Feb 28, 2021
Midoda:

Hmm,how den take discover.?

Tracked me down to my initial primary and secondary schools. They are very thorough o. And don't joke with Integrity. Not saying all their employees have 100% o
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 28, 2021
I once face this same interview predicament some years back.I and a guy were called for an interview in a hospitality industry.Fast food.The supervisor who interviewed us, happened to be a lady, asked me whether I know anyone who worked here.I said yes.She asked me who was the person.I mentioned two guys.And this two guys I mentioned were enemies of her.She didn't sack me.But she transferred me to one of the hardest department.Employees who worked in that department didn't resume the next day.They sack themselves,I would offload bags of iced chicken they supply.Infact,I work with blood of chicken.And I don't rest like others staff.The other guy whom was employed the same day worked in a less stressful department.

2 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Midoda: 6:42pm On Feb 28, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Tracked me down to my initial primary and secondary schools. They are very thorough o. And don't joke with Integrity. Not saying all their employees have 100% o
OMO ...lol..e remain to track you to womb o �
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Bakpeacb(m): 6:43pm On Feb 28, 2021
Tadeknkeepcalm:
But who told you that that's why you were not called?
So you think the company assumes that the people in their company don't have friends or relatives? Or that their workers are all living in a bubble?

Abeg that's not why you were disqualified o jare
Please tell him,Being Righteous can never deprive you from God's Blessing.

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by airsaylongcome: 6:45pm On Feb 28, 2021
Midoda:

OMO ...lol..e remain to track you to womb o �

Wetin shock me be say when dem approach my secondary school they told the principal that they are vetting the employment for bank. Dropped a form and asked him to fill. Isn't that already a violation of their so-called Integrity? E nor get how e wan be sha. We miuveeee

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Kaymansion(m): 6:51pm On Feb 28, 2021
no matter what.. to be Truthful is the best legacy
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by EvangelistChuks(m): 6:56pm On Feb 28, 2021
I advice you get born again first cos if you are , you will not even be posting this. God bless
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by solonubinho(m): 7:06pm On Feb 28, 2021
So you just assumed that it was your answer to the question that denied you the offer.

Did it ever cross your mind that you might not have exactly passed the interview as you perhaps erroneously believed? Did you consider that?Think about it.

Pele o Righteousness89.

2 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Grace146: 7:07pm On Feb 28, 2021
Been truthful pays aswear, i could remember early this January, when I was invited for the second phase of interview at VI,(banking job also) the qualification for the job was the national diploma( ND) although I av the HND and even the NYSC, the interview was online, I was able to answer all the question to my ability, but the last question gave me away, I was asked what have I been doing for so long, that stopped me from going back for HND for like 2 years, I wasnt composed and said I wasnt given admission, despite how much i put in, the interviewer sensed my weakness and used it against me.
he said: You mean you were not given admission for two consecutive years, despite having distinction? I can sense you not been truthful, and this job demands it, anyway, you can go.
I was so depressed through out the whole week. so been truthful pays!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by oludaniels777: 7:11pm On Feb 28, 2021
First of all theres nothing in your write up to suggest you lost the job due to your knowing someone in the organization. Secondly, lets assume that you lost the opportunity because you knew someone there, your telling the truth is not really being righteus. I will only consider it so if you knew beforehand that you may lose the job if you tell the truth and still damn the consequences and told the truth. By and large, always good to be truthful. That job was not yours at this time. Better opportunity ahead for you.

4 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by yinkbell: 7:16pm On Feb 28, 2021
KunleAkingbadeh:
Wisdom is profitable to direct!

The question was a test of your Diplomatic Skill but your Self -Righteousness mentality made you failed woefully. Everybody knows it takes somebody to get something.

Was it not in the bible that Moses introduced his wife to Pharaoh as his half sister? Was it not in the Bible that Jesus told Peter not to tell people who he was?

You lack native intelligence. Your type always have problems with people, and the Bank cannot afford to lose her customers.

I wish you well!
Bro. You don't blame him for his action. One thing you have failed to realized is that; there's someone right inside him who will always stand for the Truth. The nature of God born inside him find it very difficult to say YES when he meant NO. It does not matter any test, be it an acid test or whatever cooperate test you mention up there. Even if saying the truth will cost the member of family his/her life, the life of Christ inside will still rise up to do the right thing. He may later regret and beat up himself over the decision he made, that's the work of God inside. As for the case of Abraham, if Abraham said Sarah was her sister, has he told a lie? Read your Bible very well Sarah was daughter from Terah family. He married from his family lineage.
As regards to Peter not telling people about Jesus, how many times did Jesus command people not to tell people who he was, yet they went ahead to proclaim his deity and saving power.
This same Jesus says; Let your Yes be Yes and No be No, anything more than this is EVIL.

the guy may even be employer of Labour in making! Many doors of opportunities will open for him in Jesus name.

3 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by certifiedvik(m): 7:17pm On Feb 28, 2021
Viking007:
Please where did this happen in the bible?
When he lied that sarah is his sister not his wife so that the Egyptians wont kill him to take her
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by AmbassadoR100(m): 7:18pm On Feb 28, 2021
Bro. Don't ever regret this and don't ever start anything with a lie. Always tell the truth... You never know where your blessings lie.
God Almighty is watching! He is the one who will open doors for you and not your lies.
Truth might make you loose somethings in life but at last it will save you. Nothing in this world worths lieing for.

Keep on living righteously even if it did not pay you in this world, it will definitely pave way for you in Heaven.
Don't ever listen to anybody who will tell you to lie to get anything in this life.. Pls don't do that.

If you tell the truth and later got disappointed, commit the matter to the Holy Hands of God and move on. He will surprise you in unimaginable ways!

Remain Blessed.

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by deebrain(m): 7:18pm On Feb 28, 2021
Oga.

Honesty always pay out in the long run.

Never be discouraged because of something you lost because of honesty.

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by lereinter(m): 7:18pm On Feb 28, 2021
Maybe it was casting of lot that was used to pick the number needed
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by BananaPeel(m): 7:23pm On Feb 28, 2021
People who know people in banks get job especially when the person they know have large sums of money in his account....

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by DoubleLaw(m): 7:27pm On Feb 28, 2021
Bros, no dey talk truth for bank.

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by UndissolvedMeta(m): 7:38pm On Feb 28, 2021
barnny:
We all know getting a job in this country is another hell graduates is going through till date, talk more of getting a dream job.

I will try to be brief as much as I can.

Haven applied for so many jobs and attended some interviews, I finally saw one graduate trainee job (my kind of dream job tho) as at January this year. Although is a banking job which is actually my dream job. I wrote their aptitude test which I passed. We were eight that was invited for their interview out of over 70 candidates that applied and I was lucky to be part of those eight. To the glory of God I scape through at the first stage of the interview. At the Final stage of the interview (One on one interview) was where my righteousness or should I call it "Being Truthful" deprive me of my dream job. You may ask how did I know, but the truth is, that is what deprived me of getting the job. I don't want to explain further on that just to cut the story short.

The question they ask me that lead to my disqualification was: "Do you know anyone in this bank?" And my reply was "Yes". And truly I know someone working there but he wasn't even the one that ask me to apply. I only came across the job and I applied. But I never knew I'm suppose to say NO, I also never knew the answer will snatched the job away from me.

After all the sacrifices, sleepless nights on night journey from one town to another, After almost getting an accident on these our bad road, not to talk of the time and resources I have invested in getting this job. look at my life?
See where my righteousness has brought me into?

Just yesterday some of my colleagues got invitation for their medicals. And since that yesterday I have been so deeply down. I feel depressed. I feel like just giving up. Why me? What is really wrong somewhere that I don't know?Just imaging the kind of opportunity I have missed even when I know age is no longer on my side when it comes to this kind of job...

Honestly I'm tired. I feel like not going to church today. I am confused and feel like it's over. cry

If that should be the case ,why don't you call the person you said you know and explain things to him/her .
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by SILVERLINES: 7:39pm On Feb 28, 2021
barnny:
We all know getting a job in this country is another hell graduates is going through till date, talk more of getting a dream job.

I will try to be brief as much as I can.

Haven applied for so many jobs and attended some interviews, I finally saw one graduate trainee job (my kind of dream job tho) as at January this year. Although is a banking job which is actually my dream job. I wrote their aptitude test which I passed. We were eight that was invited for their interview out of over 70 candidates that applied and I was lucky to be part of those eight. To the glory of God I scape through at the first stage of the interview. At the Final stage of the interview (One on one interview) was where my righteousness or should I call it "Being Truthful" deprive me of my dream job. You may ask how did I know, but the truth is, that is what deprived me of getting the job. I don't want to explain further on that just to cut the story short.

The question they ask me that lead to my disqualification was: "Do you know anyone in this bank?" And my reply was "Yes". And truly I know someone working there but he wasn't even the one that ask me to apply. I only came across the job and I applied. But I never knew I'm suppose to say NO, I also never knew the answer will snatched the job away from me.

After all the sacrifices, sleepless nights on night journey from one town to another, After almost getting an accident on these our bad road, not to talk of the time and resources I have invested in getting this job. look at my life?
See where my righteousness has brought me into?

Just yesterday some of my colleagues got invitation for their medicals. And since that yesterday I have been so deeply down. I feel depressed. I feel like just giving up. Why me? What is really wrong somewhere that I don't know?Just imaging the kind of opportunity I have missed even when I know age is no longer on my side when it comes to this kind of job...

Honestly I'm tired. I feel like not going to church today. I am confused and feel like it's over. cry
barnny, it's well more and more apportunity is coming ur way before the month of May. You did nothing wrong to be truthful at the same time you were wrong to replied yes and that make him/her believe that you got through because there is a mercenary there working for you.
But trust God that before the month of May you will have an apportunity greater than that

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by MARSHALDEMSA202(m): 7:44pm On Feb 28, 2021
Be gr8ful to God for the disqualification.. You might get the job and gun down by robbers on your first week at work

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Lightorder: 7:45pm On Feb 28, 2021
Jashub:
Telling the truth is always the best policy brother. And I will advise that you continue to do so; for it will save you from many unknown evils in the coming years of your life.

Lastly, I will also advise you go to church today. Standing in God's presence and crying out to Him after such will certainly bring a sense of hope and a better tomorrow .

Peace
very true. There once lived a young guy who was doing his dream job at a bank , but got shot in the head when robbers invaded their branch.

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Lightorder: 7:49pm On Feb 28, 2021
Jashub:
Telling the truth is always the best policy brother. And I will advise that you continue to do so; for it will save you from many unknown evils in the coming years of your life.

Lastly, I will also advise you go to church today. Standing in God's presence and crying out to Him after such will certainly bring a sense of hope and a better tomorrow .

Peace
True. Once lived a young man on his dream job at the bank , but got shot in the head when robbers invaded their branch
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by tkgindofa(m): 7:50pm On Feb 28, 2021
Don't give up Brother, expect better days ahead.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EFCC Recruitment Information / How I Chose The Wrong Job / Massive Gate Crashing At Jumia Interview On-going!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.