Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job (32648 Views)

Have You Ever Lose A Dream Job Before? / I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR / 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by kingxsamz(m): 5:40pm On Feb 28, 2021
Even in your bible, Abraham lied that Sarah was his sister.
A little lie isn't bad, as long as that lie won't put others or yourself at risk, then it's fine.
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by karkinase(m): 5:40pm On Feb 28, 2021
Danhoys:
Title should be: How being righteous made me lose a job.

Secondly, does answering yes to an interview question make you righteous?

Who even told you that you're righteous? I do avoid candidates with this irritating mindset, and the hiring manager did well to deny you the offer.

Folks like you do more harm than good!!

You are yet to discover your problem. Keep wallowing on the delusion that you're righteous...

Silly!!!
Easy! grin Easy!!

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by jamesbridget13(f): 5:41pm On Feb 28, 2021
barnny:
We all know getting a job in this country is another hell graduates is going through till date, talk more of getting a dream job.

I will try to be brief as much as I can.

Haven applied for so many jobs and attended some interviews, I finally saw one graduate trainee job (my kind of dream job tho) as at January this year. Although is a banking job which is actually my dream job. I wrote their aptitude test which I passed. We were eight that was invited for their interview out of over 70 candidates that applied and I was lucky to be part of those eight. To the glory of God I scape through at the first stage of the interview. At the Final stage of the interview (One on one interview) was where my righteousness or should I call it "Being Truthful" deprive me of my dream job. You may ask how did I know, but the truth is, that is what deprived me of getting the job. I don't want to explain further on that just to cut the story short.

The question they ask me that lead to my disqualification was: "Do you know anyone in this bank?" And my reply was "Yes". And truly I know someone working there but he wasn't even the one that ask me to apply. I only came across the job and I applied. But I never knew I'm suppose to say NO, I also never knew the answer will snatched the job away from me.

After all the sacrifices, sleepless nights on night journey from one town to another, After almost getting an accident on these our bad road, not to talk of the time and resources I have invested in getting this job. look at my life?
See where my righteousness has brought me into?

Just yesterday some of my colleagues got invitation for their medicals. And since that yesterday I have been so deeply down. I feel depressed. I feel like just giving up. Why me? What is really wrong somewhere that I don't know?Just imaging the kind of opportunity I have missed even when I know age is no longer on my side when it comes to this kind of job...

Honestly I'm tired. I feel like not going to church today. I am confused and feel like it's over. cry

Never give up on God. I won't tell u my hubby's story but I will tell you that today SPDC can't employ him n he will go.

It pays to be honest. That job is not URS brother. Your job is just around d corner, don't worry

3 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by geendi(f): 5:41pm On Feb 28, 2021
I normally see this question while applying for job sometimes, so the
right answer is no, had no idea.
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by airsaylongcome: 5:41pm On Feb 28, 2021
OP,
Trust me you would have been found out if you got the offer. In 2017 I was offered (and resumed) for a dream job at NLNG. 4 months later, during verification, I was asked to leave after they found out the truth.

Learnt a lesson in Integrity

4 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by skj1377(m): 5:42pm On Feb 28, 2021
You did the right thing besides bank jobs are not the best. You will get a far better job soon so Dont worry.
barnny:
We all know getting a job in this country is another hell graduates is going through till date, talk more of getting a dream job.

Haven applied for so many jobs and attended some interviews, I finally saw one graduate trainee job (my kind of dream job tho) as at January this year. Although is a banking job which is actually my dream job. I wrote their aptitude test which I passed. We were eight that was invited for their interview out of over 70 candidates that applied and I was lucky to be part of those eight. To the glory of God I scape through at the first stage of the interview. At the Final stage of the interview (One on one interview) was where my righteousness or should I call it "Being Truthful" deprive me of my dream job. You may ask how did I know, but the truth is, that is what deprived me of getting the job. I don't want to explain further on that just to cut the story short.

The question they ask me that lead to my disqualification was: "Do you know anyone in this bank?" And my reply was "Yes". And truly I know someone working there but he wasn't even the one that ask me to apply. I only came across the job and I applied. But I never knew I'm suppose to say NO, I also never knew the answer will snatched the job away from me.

After all the sacrifices, sleepless nights on night journey from one town to another, After almost getting an accident on these our bad road, not to talk of the time and resources I have invested in getting this job. look at my life?

Just yesterday some of my colleagues got invitation for their medicals. And since that yesterday I have been so deeply down. I feel depressed. I feel like just giving up. Why me? What is really wrong somewhere that I don't know?Just imaging the kind of opportunity I have missed even when I know age is no longer on my side when it comes to this kind of job...

Honestly I'm tired. I feel like not going to church today. I am confused and feel like it's over. cry
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by 12345baba(m): 5:42pm On Feb 28, 2021
barnny:

the truth shall set u free. Look on the bright side sip some Johnny walker brand and keep walking
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Jaqenhghar: 5:43pm On Feb 28, 2021
barnny:

It doesnt make sense. Maybe they had their candidate and were looking for a way to get rid of you angry

2 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by ednut1(m): 5:44pm On Feb 28, 2021
Having someone is actually an advantage.

3 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by HeavenlyHolines(m): 5:45pm On Feb 28, 2021
You de make me laugh oo. If you know wetin God de prepare for you ehnn,u go thank God. I wish I can tell you my story. 1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Jaqenhghar: 5:45pm On Feb 28, 2021
Ikjosh04:
Well, your story is not entirely complete!

From the best of my knowledge, knowing someone in a bank doesn't and will not disqualify from getting a job, the only exception to this rule is, if the person you know has the same surname with you(I.e., family related) and there are way's around this to get the job if you're qualified for it.

I've an uncle that's one of the top MDs in Sterling Bank and, he helped quite a few of our interested family members get a job even though it's same surname but different bank locations/states or branches.

Btw, in the western world, Referrals is highly encouraged in the workplace and most companies give salary bonuses to staffs that referred a right candidate for the position the company seeks.
True

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by salford1: 5:45pm On Feb 28, 2021
That was not the reason you lost the job. The other candidate(s) were more suitable than you. It could also be that one of the candidates knew someone higher up in the company.

6 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by jospepper(m): 5:46pm On Feb 28, 2021
KunleAkingbadeh:
Wisdom is profitable to direct!

The question was a test of your Diplomatic Skill but your Self -Righteousness mentality made you failed woefully. Everybody knows it takes somebody to get something.

Was it not in the bible that Moses introduced his wife to Pharaoh as his half sister? Was it not in the Bible that Jesus told Peter not to tell people who he was?

You lack native intelligence. Your type always have problems with people, and the Bank cannot afford to lose her customers.

I wish you well!

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Cutehector(m): 5:47pm On Feb 28, 2021
Good you have learnt your lesson.

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by badonkadonk: 5:47pm On Feb 28, 2021
Berezuski:
But what if you had said "No"?
Stop blaming yourself for being honest..

From my experience, he would have gotten the job if he'd replied in the negative but what's done is done..

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by DropsMic(m): 5:47pm On Feb 28, 2021
barnny:
"Being Truthful" deprive me of my dream job. You may ask how did I know, but the truth is, that is what deprived me of getting the job. I don't want to explain further on that just to cut the story short.

At the emboldened.... You can only deceive those who aren't capable of reading btw the lines. There's nothing truthful about answering a question out of ignorance.. I sure say if you knew that saying Yes would cost you your dream job you would have replied with a resounding NO.

You are suffering delusional disorder my brother... Righteous my foot

2 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by TheMostComplex1: 5:47pm On Feb 28, 2021
Say the truth always
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 28, 2021
barnny:

Bro, it had nothing to do with righteousness. You said you did not know that the truth would get you rejected, so you said yes; likely thinking that it would help you in this man-knows-man society we live in. From the bolded, all the indication shows is that you would have lied if you had known that the truth was not going to be good for you.

Righteousness would have been if you knew for sure that the truth would get you rejected, yet still went ahead to say it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by ttalks(m): 5:48pm On Feb 28, 2021
Do you have proof that what you thought was the reason for you losing the opportunity, is actually the reason?

I can see another reason very clearly all over your post.

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by NNAMDIII(m): 5:49pm On Feb 28, 2021
you're a colito, you have integrity grin

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by gnykelly(m): 5:49pm On Feb 28, 2021
barnny:

I have been in that kind of situation. it's demoralizing. and you will lack the will or motivation to go for another pursuit.

you Know what don't worry think it over.

the best way people get jobs in Nigeria is man-know-man I haven't seen anyone who get jobs in Nigeria without knowing someone.

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Jashub: 5:50pm On Feb 28, 2021
FreeSpirited:

Even Abraham told a lie for survival....you better go and sit down with unrealistic truth telling
What lie...? Please quote the lie Abraham told?
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by raysrays(m): 5:51pm On Feb 28, 2021
My dear friend the reason you didn't get the job was because it wasn't your dream job. Regret doesn't bring another opportunity, it brings more frustration and depression. I believe you already know what went wrong, learn from it and move on. You aren't under any curse or enchantment, neither is your village people following you. Greatness means more than just having it easy in life. Great people in fact never had it easy, pick any greatest person in history and carefully study his life you will see. We miss opportunity sometimes thinking it's all in all, like they couldn't be any way to possible way to make it apart from the opportunity just missed, but the truth might be that, the missed opportunity could have been your comfort zone. That would have stopped you from being announced or being that extraordinary person. God's love is for us all!

2 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Ishilove: 5:52pm On Feb 28, 2021
I don't think that's why you didn't make the cut.

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by parkervero(m): 5:52pm On Feb 28, 2021
barnny:

The question you were asked was completely the opposite of what you gave as answer.

The interpretation to the question is 'did anyone from this bank help you' as regard this job? and your answer was yes which was completely in opposite of the correct answer. You didn't process the question you were just in rush.

It has nothing to do with righteousness because if you don't know anybody there your answer will be no which is correct in both sides 'your spiritual koko life and the correct answer'.

1 Like

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by salford1: 5:54pm On Feb 28, 2021
badonkadonk:

From my experience, he would have gotten the job if he'd replied in the negative but what's done is done..
Not true. Answering yes should actually work in his favour and not against.

Man-know-man in Nigeria aka networking in the-abroad is vital both in securing a job.

2 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by SatanicPriest: 5:54pm On Feb 28, 2021
yeah u are stupd
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by badonkadonk: 5:55pm On Feb 28, 2021
salford1:

Not true. Answering yes should actually work in his favour and not against.

Man-know-man in Nigeria aka networking in the-abroad is vital both in getting a job.

Well....
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by Midoda: 5:56pm On Feb 28, 2021
airsaylongcome:
OP,
Trust me you would have been found out if you got the offer. In 2017 I was offered (and resumed) for a dream job at NLNG. 4 months later, during verification, I was asked to leave after they found out the truth.

Learnt a lesson in Integrity

Abeg wetin you lie about?
Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by kenex4ever(m): 5:56pm On Feb 28, 2021
barnny:

The bitter truth is that you didn't lose the job because of that. You most likely lost it because others did better than you or may be they got a strong connection there.

Anybody can know somebody in a bank.
Except they asked you if you have a sibling in the bank.

Go and prepare yourself more, work on your English too. I searched for many years b4 I got my dream job.

4 Likes

Re: How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job by NobleDeSage001: 5:56pm On Feb 28, 2021
Did the interviewer specifically tell you that you were disqualified because you answered that particular question in the affirmative?

It sounds ridiculous though, but I can tell you that you lost the job for some other reason other than your righteousness.

That job is not suitable for you. God is bringing something more suitable for you and it won't delay.

When it happens, come back here and post that joy is trying to explode your head just like you posted that you are down now.
Shake it off and put it behind you. Something better is on the way...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee / EFCC Recruitment Information / How I Chose The Wrong Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.