Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,205 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise (35166 Views)

Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba / Loads Of Foodstuffs Going To South Intercepted At Aminu Kano Airport (Photos) / AWOLOWO, ABIOLA, TINUBU, All Used And Dumped By North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by BKayy: 11:00am On Mar 01, 2021
Hunger never wire these ones.
Well I cannot cry more than the bereaved.
The blockade should continue
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Zooposki(f): 11:02am On Mar 01, 2021
Queseda:
Keep consoling yourself. Hunger is already killing people in osun and oyo in few days of no northern food supply.imagine what will happen before end of this year

How can hunger kill people in a few days. Your body can always use the fat reserves in your body as food. Depending on how fat you are, you go months to years without eating.
Sorry, I don forget say you be Aboki where Education is haram.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Grace001: 11:03am On Mar 01, 2021
JaffyJoe:
High Hill Agribusiness (Crops) Ogun
Niji Farms (Crops) Oyo
Animal Care (Poultry & Livestock) Ogun
Zartech (Poultry) Oyo
Obasanjo Farms - Ogun
Jovana Farms - (Animals) Lagos
Ojemai Farms - (Livestock) Edo State

We will be fine. Zartech & OBJ farms alone can carter for d South. OBJ farm is the leading producer of farm produce in Nigeria with arguably the most sophisticated farming technologies. Northerners no get sense. The above listed farms are about to hit more business wins.

Northerners are senseless they reason like their cows they should go and threaten their almajiris that goes about with plates

Henceforth southerners should stop giving alms to this Northerners professional beggars

Let these mofos go back to their cursed region
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by sangresan(m): 11:05am On Mar 01, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

Who will give access to import anything? Look, we have Baru dry port in the north and it's now going to be used to import everything.

This idiot won't stop deceiving himself...Baru dry port ko, Amsterdam airport ni.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Tvoice: 11:05am On Mar 01, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
If you are hoping on importation to fill the gap, remember that we run the borders, we can close Seme again plus other southern land borders.

We can handpick the foods to be imported from the ports because we are in charge of that sea access too. We can ban chicken and fish imports, alongside tomato and onions imports.

Will u also , come to our farms and harvest our products too ? Brainless cow , or may be u will send ur cows in to do dat for u , by the time naija delta militants finish bombing all the oil pipelines, I will see where this country will generate resources from , u just use ur hand to type trash , u think power will remain in the north forever, gooooat.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Whytelyon(m): 11:05am On Mar 01, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
If you are hoping on importation to fill the gap, remember that we run the borders, we can close Seme again plus other southern land borders.

We can handpick the foods to be imported from the ports because we are in charge of that sea access too. We can ban chicken and fish imports, alongside tomato and onions imports.

Dont start a war you won't win.
Yorubas, Middle belt , Cameroon, Egypt, UK helped you to fight Biafra before. Thats why Nigeria is still a nation. Those people are your enemies today. You should think of peace rather than instigate war on social media. It wont be funny.

Count your teeth with your tounge.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by chrisj2(m): 11:06am On Mar 01, 2021
Southerners need a change in mentality and start to work and live more cooperatively... A d stop their over focus on education without jobs. Mechanised farming and folks being ready to work a living wage not all think they deserve better or that their education should automatically command them high wages.

Governor's need to stop wasting resources and concentrate on agriculture, agric processing, by products and provide good markets and income (Inc supplements). Loans and grant and good supervision and extension
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Kingrefreshed: 11:06am On Mar 01, 2021
nairavsdollars:

https://www.independent.ng/withdrawal-of-foodstuffs-by-northerners-blessing-in-disguise-afenifere/

Na dem go sufferam more. I even like fish than red meat. Okigwe in IMO State have been producing yam and rice since ages.

We have alot of foods here that we don't need them at All
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Sheriman(m): 11:06am On Mar 01, 2021
diplomat058:
It is supposed to be a blessing in disguise, but I doubt if these brain-dead SW governors will utilize the opportunities to embark on large-scale mechanized farming and rural development. Stupid morons are parading themselves as politicians and Obas in the SW
Time for those obas and yoruba governors to come together and reason on how to decisively deal with this issue on ground by making the Northern state to know we can sustain without their food. But it's a pity that some of these obas and useless governors will reluctantly not take any action since it wouldn't affect them

1 Like

Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Grace001: 11:09am On Mar 01, 2021
Queseda:
Keep consoling yourself. Hunger is already killing people in osun and oyo in few days of no northern food supply.imagine what will happen before end of this year

Has hunger killed your aljamiris that goes about with plates?

Even your families that are doing professional beggars in down south still survive from the alms we give to them

I blame luggard, as for luggard he will continue to rot in hell for merging human with animals

4 Likes

Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Brushstrokes20: 11:09am On Mar 01, 2021
Spot on!

The contraption is long overdue for disintegration...

I rep odua republic!
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Whytelyon(m): 11:10am On Mar 01, 2021
bolaayenimo:
Buhari has finally killed this beautiful woman called Nigeria. This has never happened before in the history of this country

Wanted to do it before, Babangida stopped him, Now babangida is weak, He succeeded.
Dude is from Niger Republic, Do you think he cares?
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by BastardWike: 11:10am On Mar 01, 2021
The Yorubas are not smart at all, talk more of being sophisticated. This is a classic case of bullying, and you don't play ostrich to a bully hoping he will go away, no he will continue to humiliate you!

I can bet you that Fulanis are carefully watching to know how Yorubas will react to their food embargo and starvation threats. If Yorubas are smart, this is the time to show strength and not weakness. You guys need to act like men with balls now! Issue your threats and back it up with action! Now is the time you people should go all out against fulani herdsmen in order to secure your farms and make it attractive for your people to farm as a countermeasure.

Yoruba ro nu!

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Nasir123(m): 11:12am On Mar 01, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

You're too small!
You don't know anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 01, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

Close seme border n all trucks headed from South to d north will be blocked.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by omoalaafin: 11:12am On Mar 01, 2021
This is the beginning of the end of the indivisibility of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by EmekaA125(m): 11:14am On Mar 01, 2021
Anything to teach ewedu eating afonjas a lesson is a welcome development. Brown roof dwelling bastardsundecided
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by content208: 11:14am On Mar 01, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

Lolz. You don't need to threaten, Mr northern Muslim murderer. Just stop bringing your foods to the south. We know you don't eat your own cowd. Let us see how you will get market for the cows. We are ready for you this time.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Izzydeprince: 11:15am On Mar 01, 2021
The south should call the bluff of the northerners and their so called meat and food. Each state has enough potentials to produce food to the feed citizens. This is a challenge and each state should rise up to the challenge.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Spinojaja26: 11:16am On Mar 01, 2021
we will soon stop oil from circulating
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Izzydeprince: 11:17am On Mar 01, 2021
The south should call the bluff of the northerners and their so called meat and food. Each state has enough potentials to produce food to the feed citizens. This is a challenge and each state should rise up to the challenge. The north is what it is today due to money generated the south that was used to develop it, both infrastructure and agriculture wise.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Raph82(m): 11:20am On Mar 01, 2021
These northerners are the most senseless set of people on Earth. The perishable produce u're diverting to other African countries, don't forget that ever before now, those ones have been sustaining themselves in terms of food security, ur farm produce will only come into their market as surplus, and u'll be forced to engage in panick sales, selling at ridiculously cheap price to push the produce off ur table to avoid spoilage. They have their own market structure which u may not easily fit into. This isn't petroleum that u can push into their market and get it absorbed immediately. Don't forget that majority of the beef we consume here come from those neighbouring countries, e.g Niger, Chad, Cameroun. Their market is saturated already.

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by mikmash(m): 11:21am On Mar 01, 2021
Comparative advantage at work.

If I had the means, this will have been an avenue for me to cash out. Southwest I go dey supply una.

I think this current atmosphere will shape other regions approach concerning agriculture. Nigeria hasn't had it this bad, the divisive tendencies ; too obvious. Abeg any Southerner wey need products Holla me jare.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Nasir123(m): 11:22am On Mar 01, 2021
tonididdy:

I'm not a northernern
But the SW can't use the oil of the SS to threaten the North.

You don't own that item undecided

Who tells you there's no Oil in SW?

1 Like

Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Semil(m): 11:27am On Mar 01, 2021
This is the time for the Southerners to stand up and make use of their land.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by dederocs(m): 11:28am On Mar 01, 2021
Real blessing...necessity is the mother of invention, we have the soil and climate to grow any food we want. Innovate, dig deep and invest in Agricultural research and investment.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by jantman(m): 11:28am On Mar 01, 2021
A divided household (Nigeria) can never prosper beyond division
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 01, 2021
Godarz:

I'm going to be a bit cynical and say that the South is not going to take to mechanized farming....not when the biggest business in the South is importation, and food importation is a large segment of that industry

Then we don't have a strong enough manufacturing sector...meaning any machinery for agric would have to be imported.Raises the cost.0

Finally most Nigerian youngsters are not interested in farming.Everyone wants to migrate to the city, and live the city life.Especially when you get a degree or school cert.

As such, not enough people would be interested in mechanized farming.
I'm interested in it sha. I mean mechanised farming, but e no easy cause it will cost lot of money. But I dey presently do my findings sha.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 01, 2021
BabaOwen:
I'm interested in it sha. I mean mechanised farming, but e no easy cause it will cost lot of money. But I dey presently do my findings sha.

I wish you good luck...genuinely
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by damijoe77: 11:40am On Mar 01, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

It seems U don't have idea about how a state is governed,na dere u go knw say international body's dey observe..u will be surprised to see crises den cum civil war den followed by interference of international body's den before u wake up Biafra Dan show,odua republic follow many more division, in ur present state where u find urself the name NIGERIA is off.try dey tk small A.Z first grade,e go boost ur morale.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Kazim88: 11:44am On Mar 01, 2021
Godarz:

I'm going to be a bit cynical and say that the South is not going to take to mechanized farming....not when the biggest business in the South is importation, and food importation is a large segment of that industry

Then we don't have a strong enough manufacturing sector...meaning any machinery for agric would have to be imported.Raises the cost.0

Finally most Nigerian youngsters are not interested in farming.Everyone wants to migrate to the city, and live the city life.Especially when you get a degree or school cert.

As such, not enough people would be interested in mechanized farming.

It is just generalisation. Do a little research, most countries with fancy skylines and high production capacity were previously slums producing nothing... Their transformation matured in less than 1 year.
And their growth have been ascending ever since.
Industrial Revolution do happen, why it has not happened in Africa is mostly due to free natural resources.

Assuming Nigeria politicians makes money from taxes, they would have since push policy that would make Nigeria a production hub.

Notwithstanding, hopefully Nigeria will be restructured or de-amalgamated .. And region will have no choice than to be producing and exporting including finish products.... It would start

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atiku Campaign Spokesman, Bwala Accidentally Says PDP Won’t Win 2023 Presidency / Caption This Photo Of CAN President Oritsejafor & New Delta Governor. / Nigerian Air Force Bombs Boko Haram Terrorists During A Meeting (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.