Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,317 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise (35168 Views)

Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba / Loads Of Foodstuffs Going To South Intercepted At Aminu Kano Airport (Photos) / AWOLOWO, ABIOLA, TINUBU, All Used And Dumped By North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Basher8583: 3:51pm On Mar 01, 2021
Monogamy:
That's just it

There are always price to pay for good things...

SW can in the meantime be getting their food items from neighboring countries while we start the process of mechanized farming.

If buying the food items temporary at high cost is the price to pay to stop Northerners from killing our farmers and destroying their farms, we are ready to bear the consequences.

Is it not ironic that it's still same Northerners ( few of the herdsmen which turned to killer)that have not been allowing our farmers to produce large quantity of food items with their cows destroying the farm.

This is indeed blessing in disguise

Ive always mentioned it. You will soon knowbthe real killers when your farmera keep geyting killed and theres no Fulani to blame.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by abidem4real: 3:54pm On Mar 01, 2021
bolaayenimo:
Buhari has finally killed this beautiful woman called Nigeria. This has never happened before in the history of this country

This has never happened before in the history of this country

It's because we have never had a President as useless and wicked as this
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by awgumayor: 3:59pm On Mar 01, 2021
femijay8271:
In the previous thread concerning stoppage of food stuffs to SW, I saw how Alot of Igbos are happy with that saying since it's SW, no probs, saying Alot of shiit but you all forget that there's alot of Igbos living all over SW.

I love igbos personally but we will fight our war by ourselves regardless of our stupid SW leaders
Igbos are not happy of anything happening to south west, they just want south west to taste Nigeria pills small to know how it feels to be Nigerian. Any day south west is tired of Nigeria they should tell the Igbo who have been waiting to call it a day.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by femijay8271(m): 4:12pm On Mar 01, 2021
awgumayor:
Igbos are not happy of anything happening to south west, they just want south west to taste Nigeria pills small to know how it feels to be Nigerian. Any day south west is tired of Nigeria they tell the Igbo who have waiting to call it a day.

true and I understand you better but SW leaders are the cause of all these
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by witworth(m): 4:27pm On Mar 01, 2021
Let them block whatever, we will survive, we move.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by tonididdy(m): 4:37pm On Mar 01, 2021
Asswipemod:

If the finger that feeds you seeks to choke you, you chomp down hard, chew the fingers and swallow it. The impunity and arrogance is enough!
Patience taken too far is cowardice.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by TheGift: 4:50pm On Mar 01, 2021
I have been wondering how all they Suya & Balangu selling guys will cope without cow meat.
sylve11:
By trying to punish someone, you only end up punishing yourself. cool
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by jantman(m): 5:15pm On Mar 01, 2021
Whytelyon:

Yes sir it can.
This oppression don too much, you no day see am?

@Whytelyon
I am not a divisionist or tribalist, but I must tell you the truth.

I don't see any oppression. All I see is the consequences of tribalism and the wrong deceision of your leaders. It was the Yorubas that helped and voted Mr fulani into the throne and now they are crying.

When I see Nigerians crying all I do is to remember what I told my friend the first day Mr president sat on the throne. I told my friend that this man will destroy Nigeria.

All my beloved Yorubas: Hear my voice.
It was you that caused this insanity.

You helped and voted this Mr fulani into power

Now we are all reaping from what you have sown.

Swallow your tears.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Optional09: 5:19pm On Mar 01, 2021
BabaOwen:
Are you telling me we won't start seeing the result in 1-2 years If the south decide to go into massive mechanised farming?

I'm even thinking of going into this farming business of Tomato, Pepper and Cassava.

You are good to go, buy a sniper rifle too incase any stray cow
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by sliqboy: 5:48pm On Mar 01, 2021
[quote author=Kaduna1stson post=99504608]If you are hoping on importation to fill the gap, remember that we run the borders, we can close Seme again plus other southern land borders.

We can handpick the foods to be imported from the ports because we are in charge of that sea access too. We can ban chicken and fish imports, alongside tomato and onions imports.

U are a f**l
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by 30naira: 6:38pm On Mar 01, 2021
Godarz:

I'm going to be a bit cynical and say that the South is not going to take to mechanized farming....not when the biggest business in the South is importation, and food importation is a large segment of that industry

Then we don't have a strong enough manufacturing sector...meaning any machinery for agric would have to be imported.Raises the cost.0

Finally most Nigerian youngsters are not interested in farming.Everyone wants to migrate to the city, and live the city life.Especially when you get a degree or school cert.

As such, not enough people would be interested in mechanized farming.

Is there mechanized farming in the north?
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 7:23pm On Mar 01, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
If you are hoping on importation to fill the gap, remember that we run the borders, we can close Seme again plus other southern land borders.

We can handpick the foods to be imported from the ports because we are in charge of that sea access too. We can ban chicken and fish imports, alongside tomato and onions imports.

Every fulani found at our borders whenever we overrun them would be bush meat.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by laughingscorpion: 7:35pm On Mar 01, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
If you are hoping on importation to fill the gap, remember that we run the borders, we can close Seme again plus other southern land borders.

grin
Kaduna1stson:

Why not ban oxygen?

Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by TemmyT002(m): 7:40pm On Mar 01, 2021
Godarz:
Aint much of a blessing really

First, the North is not going to get a better market for its agro produce other than the South. Niger is too broke to provide a substitute, as are many other African countries.

The South too is heavily dependent on Northern agricultre to survive. Plus Southern agriculture is not mechanized at all...it is basic subsistence farming. Meaning in the event of a total loss of supply from the North, the only way to meet up with demand is...IMPORTS AND MORE IMPORTS...and eventually more debts.

Keep this up for five more years and both regions would be as broke as poor church mice. Sorry...church mice would be richer than them

All in all, this is what happens when you spend less than one tenth of the amount New Your spends on policing 25 million people on policing 211 million people. It is also what happens when Nigerians glorify taking the laws into their own hands. And we have successive governments who are too lazy to do anything about it.

Northern agriculture is not mechanized. Only very few are.
They make use of their numerous children and workers.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by udoakwa(m): 7:55pm On Mar 01, 2021
NLPoliceWoman:

Seun, Mynd44 Justwise Dominique.
Rule 2.
Rule 8

Guy man watsup you na, why you dey mention, is your name on nairaland dead meat seller and why do you think the message was referred to you, please avoid me
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Owologbo(m): 8:14pm On Mar 01, 2021
Godarz:

Well, like I said...I am very cynical

You have to fix the lack of interest...and there is the financing bit (Banks don't lend money for agric easily in this country...even if the person requesting for the loan has the means to pay back the loan)
When you have no other means than to enter bush in order to feed they will have no option other to finance agriculture (it's just that our politicians are stupid and selfish).
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Arkmanbuddy(m): 9:01pm On Mar 01, 2021
Godarz:

I'm going to be a bit cynical and say that the South is not going to take to mechanized farming....not when the biggest business in the South is importation, and food importation is a large segment of that industry

Then we don't have a strong enough manufacturing sector...meaning any machinery for agric would have to be imported.Raises the cost.0

Finally most Nigerian youngsters are not interested in farming.Everyone wants to migrate to the city, and live the city life.Especially when you get a degree or school cert.

As such, not enough people would be interested in mechanized farming.

You'll be shocked!
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by ultimateprof: 9:19pm On Mar 01, 2021
sylve11:
By trying to punish someone, you only end up punishing yourself. cool

When a man lack education and good home training, most of his decisions always go the wrong ways and sometimes it will even be detrimental to him.

Get wisdom and get understanding, the north said no!
Let them lick their wounds!
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by hansomb: 3:54am On Mar 02, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

You who ? Federal government ?
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by hansomb: 3:59am On Mar 02, 2021
nairavsdollars:

https://www.independent.ng/withdrawal-of-foodstuffs-by-northerners-blessing-in-disguise-afenifere/
Well the North are using as prototype for future war tactics to the South West the same tactics Mr Awolowo suggested to Gowon on the Biafra war that finally leads to the surrender of Biafran government because of hunger.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by DedeNkem: 5:49am On Mar 02, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

Then be ready for war!! When there is war, you'll leave your polical position and run away from the South.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by DedeNkem: 5:54am On Mar 02, 2021
No matter what the Fulanis do to Yorubas, the latter will always serve their their Fulani slave masters!
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Ezzywaymadu(m): 6:06am On Mar 02, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

talking like small piki

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is Nigeria’s Fuel Price Cheapest In The World Like Eniola Badmus Said? / Not A Single Kobo Has Been Saved From Fuel Subsidy Removal - Ajaero / Do Not Accept Governor Fayose's Food, Rams - Imams Tell Ekiti Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.