Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,716 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise (35177 Views)

Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba / Loads Of Foodstuffs Going To South Intercepted At Aminu Kano Airport (Photos) / AWOLOWO, ABIOLA, TINUBU, All Used And Dumped By North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by ajebuter(f): 12:54pm On Mar 01, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
If you are hoping on importation to fill the gap, remember that we run the borders, we can close Seme again plus other southern land borders.

We can handpick the foods to be imported from the ports because we are in charge of that sea access too. We can ban chicken and fish imports, alongside tomato and onions imports.

Life is turn by turn dude..

Power is transient, remember?
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by honyham: 12:57pm On Mar 01, 2021
I will like the so call northan people blocking supply to south to think well most of the good food they consumed in the North where consumed by the southern people living in the north. The his why you see the holding plates at front of restorants in the northern states waiting for leftover food . They should go and feed the son's first.
They take more garri in the north than south, red oil? Colanuts etc
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 01, 2021
bolaayenimo:
Buhari has finally killed this beautiful woman called Nigeria. This has never happened before in the history of this country
u mean kwantri
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Litmus: 1:12pm On Mar 01, 2021
Inform me, somebody, grin , please, who is the president of the country called North that has decided to sanction farm produces formerly given in charity to the country called South lead by president who? Also I’d like to know if the farmers and cattle breeders of the country called North are independent or work for the Country called North (i.e State owned). In addition, are the Countries called North and South federal republics? If they are, what are the opinions of their respective state governors to the edict that farmers in their state are to boycott sales of farm produce to the country called South?

Clowns everywhere ...
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by ayufun: 1:15pm On Mar 01, 2021
South is fertile and everything is favorable for us.

Let them stop it, you'll be surprised how local produce would be moved to the urban market.

It will put an end to crop wastage, and alternatives will be provided to brace the low supplies of certain goods

Instead of their tomatoes, we have this tomato that's huge and long around, few people know this.

Instead of yam, we'll eat our cocoyam and others.

Instead of onion, we'll take our locust beans and fermented melon again.

We'll also drink our fruits and eat our locally produced vegetables.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by niyidenrele: 1:17pm On Mar 01, 2021
Time for the Majority literates Southerners to show what they get upstairs versus, the Majority Uneducated Northerners... Let the fight begins
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Litmus: 1:27pm On Mar 01, 2021
Africans so gullible even white kids can mock with your minds:

4Chan’s latest, terrible ‘prank’: Convincing West Africans that Ebola doctors actually worship the disease

By
Caitlin Dewey
Reporter

Washington Post

The message-board 4chan has been rightly blamed for many unsavory Internet things: the celebrity nude scandal, the dangerous “bikini bridge” meme, the brief virality of the self-harm hashtag #cuttingforBieber.

Now, the denizens of one of the Internet’s least-principled places are attempting to propagate another tasteless meme: She’s called Ebola-chan, and she’s some cross between a prank, a witless joke and a truly vile strain of racism.

“Have you welcomed her into your heart yet?” Asks one post on 4chan’s “politically incorrect” message board, /pol/. “I’m talking, of course, about Ebola-Chan. The viral goddess of love and Afrocide … Our shrines and incantations give her strength.”

Ebola-Chan is not, needless to say, a goddess anywhere outside of 4chan’s diseased imagination: The character is a /pol/ invention, a cartoon mascot for the virus that could infect half a million people within the next four months.

In fan art — of which there is, surprisingly, quite a lot — she’s depicted as a pointy-chinned, wide-eyed anime character with pink pigtails that curl into the shape of the virus. Wherever she’s posted, users are expected to reply with choruses of “I love you, Ebola-Chan” or “thank you, Ebola-Chan.” But of course, they reply with all kinds of stomach-turning stuff, as well: hopes for Ebola to wipe out all of Africa, to strike other continents or demographics, and to otherwise “remove … [the] subhumans,” as one particularly racist post put it.

It’s hard to tell how much of the chatter is genuine: 4chan, with its reputation for both ammorality and mischief, has always attracted a crowd of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ lolz-seekers along with the sincere racists, misogynists and homophobes.

But regardless of whether the fine people of 4chan actually hope Ebola kills more people, some seem bent on helping it do just that. On Sunday, an anonymous 4chan user took responsibility for a series of fake posts about Ebola-Chan on the Nigerian Web site Nairaland, which claimed, among other things, that Ebola was a demon sent by a “new racist cult in Europe and in the USA.” The posts also claimed that some Western Ebola doctors belonged to the cult. While the “rumors” were reported by outlets like Vocativ and the International Business Times, Nairaland users promptly called out the trolling — much to the prankster’s disappointment.

“The whole thing needs more effort,” he complained.
Image without a caption

This is, of course, all in the standard 4chan playbook. 4chan pranks usually unfold in predictable stages: an inside joke of some kind is born on the boards, its participants invent fake handles on forums or social networks to propagate it elsewhere, and everybody dances in the resulting confusion. (“It made it into the news in my country,” one man wrote of a Swiss article on Ebola-Chan. “Pretty funny.”)

It stops being funny, of course, the instant that anyone misses the “joke” and takes it seriously. In January, 4chan’s bikini bridge “joke” went viral within the Internet’s pro-anorexia and -bulimia communities, to the enormous alarm of the National Eating Disorder Association. In Africa, where misinformation and superstition about Ebola flourish, that risk could be particularly high: As Reuters reported in late June, suspicion and fear of doctors has already undermined efforts to fight the disease — and that’s without rumors that said doctors belong to some Ebola-worshipping death cult.
Image without a caption (Nairaland.com)

4chan’s moderators seem to be aware of the problem, at least: While the site didn’t respond to The Post’s request for comment on the issue, they’ve apparently started to go after Ebola-Chan threads.

“MODS!” one user posted. “Ebola-chan threads are not allowed. Pls remove.”

But even if the mods do remove them, Ebola-Chan may have done her damage. Much like the disease itself, now that she’s out there, there’s no controlling her.

“I loved witnessing the birth of ebola-chan,” another user wrote over the weekend. “However things are [e]scalating to some weird levels.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2014/09/22/4chans-latest-terrible-prank-convincing-west-africans-that-ebola-doctors-actually-worship-the-disease/[/quote]
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 01, 2021
seunayantokun:

Correct answer.

There is an opportunity for Lagos State government there to supply all vegetable and protein needs of Lagos from there, create jobs, and really pocket Nigeria. Already 60% or a little more of the economic strength of Nigeria is in Lagos. Statistics in telecom, power/energy, etc prove this.

So, Lagos can be another Japan, and its likes. It can be done like this: Give the land to individuals ready for it, support them with all that is needed, then buy the produce from them. You take tax and loan repays. They are happy because they will be very rich. The government takes care of storage and supply to the market, and export.

If Lagos government is really ready, it will work and some people up there will regret it.
I fully agree with you on this.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Obamaofusa: 1:38pm On Mar 01, 2021
tonididdy:
Pfff

I've often wondered how it's possible for restaurants in the Yoruba land still have N20 meat.

'Now I know better the pact they had with the Fulani man, meat for our loyalty'

*spits*
.I hope you have brain,sha?
The only tribe that has severally romanced the Hausa and Fulanis are the Igbos.It started since 1960.It was only in 1915 that Yorubas voted for the North.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Shormiey(m): 1:38pm On Mar 01, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
If you are hoping on importation to fill the gap, remember that we run the borders, we can close Seme again plus other southern land borders.

We can handpick the foods to be imported from the ports because we are in charge of that sea access too. We can ban chicken and fish imports, alongside tomato and onions imports.

Now read what you typed again and see whether you make any sense?
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Maza82: 1:39pm On Mar 01, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

You need a brain reset...a time will come all this bullshit would end
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by dederocs(m): 1:43pm On Mar 01, 2021
bolaayenimo:
Buhari has finally killed this beautiful woman called Nigeria. This has never happened before in the history of this country
Really sad.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Owologbo(m): 1:52pm On Mar 01, 2021
BabaOwen:
Are you telling me we won't start seeing the result in 1-2 years If the south decide to go into massive mechanised farming?

I'm even thinking of going into this farming business of Tomato, Pepper and Cassava.
Forget cassava. The south is already sufficient in cassava.
You can add onion if it is possible.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Owologbo(m): 1:55pm On Mar 01, 2021
Godarz:

I'm going to be a bit cynical and say that the South is not going to take to mechanized farming....not when the biggest business in the South is importation, and food importation is a large segment of that industry

Then we don't have a strong enough manufacturing sector...meaning any machinery for agric would have to be imported.Raises the cost.0

Finally most Nigerian youngsters are not interested in farming.Everyone wants to migrate to the city, and live the city life.Especially when you get a degree or school cert.

As such, not enough people would be interested in mechanized farming.
If Southern governors want to, it's very easy to achieve in 2 years.
Farm work is not as difficult as before; with knapsack sprayer you are good to go.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 01, 2021
Owologbo:

If Southern governors want to, it's very easy to achieve in 2 years.
Farm work is not as difficult as before; with knapsack sprayer you are good to go.

Well, like I said...I am very cynical

You have to fix the lack of interest...and there is the financing bit (Banks don't lend money for agric easily in this country...even if the person requesting for the loan has the means to pay back the loan)
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Jackson105: 2:11pm On Mar 01, 2021
tonididdy:

I'm not a northernern
But the SW can't use the oil of the SS to threaten the North.

You don't own that item undecided

And the one in Ondo nko?
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by obama30: 2:20pm On Mar 01, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

can you stand in the north and monitor vehicle bringing food in the south? i believed as a custom officer from North, you must stand in southern land to seized the vehicle bringing food to south. and the southerners will be watching you do that. i wonder the population of the northern customs at southern borders to do that. By then we will know if you have three head or just one head as a person. and even when the item was seized it will be taken to northern bound house. sometimes you people don't think well. You believed if situation reach to that level southern can watch you a northern FGN officer to mover freely in the south? may God help the north to introduce this disunity and let see where it's leads Nigerians
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Asswipemod: 2:30pm On Mar 01, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

Miyetti Allah does not have the authority for that and Buhari cannot try that. So go bleep yourself. And if Bubu likes, let him try it. He go hear am.

So we will import and there is nothing you can do about it.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by olajizz01(m): 2:56pm On Mar 01, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

Who will give access to import anything? Look, we have Baru dry port in the north and it's now going to be used to import everything.
You this guy will not kill me with laughs, just continued mocking the north,they are jokes.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by olajizz01(m): 3:01pm On Mar 01, 2021
Mikecold:
But frankly speaking the disagreement between south west and north is all we pray for.

Because this is the only thing holding one Nigeria together

It's a win win for all including west because west can never benefit anything from north except subjugation

Btw i am not igbo
Yes,I concur with you,we from the west have tired of this non sense called Nigeria.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Gjrich(m): 3:15pm On Mar 01, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

See Aboki talking rubbish
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Asswipemod: 3:16pm On Mar 01, 2021
Mikecold:
But frankly speaking the disagreement between south west and north is all we pray for.

Because this is the only thing holding one Nigeria together

It's a win win for all including west because west can never benefit anything from north except subjugation

Btw i am not igbo

Even if you are, you are objective in speaking the truth.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Gjrich(m): 3:19pm On Mar 01, 2021
BabaOwen:
Are you telling me we won't start seeing the result in 1-2 years If the south decide to go into massive mechanised farming?

I'm even thinking of going into this farming business of Tomato, Pepper and Cassava.

I want to encourage everyone,
Go into
Tomatoes, pepper and Cassava farming, they are very lucrative and profitable
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Asswipemod: 3:20pm On Mar 01, 2021
tonididdy:
Pfff

I've often wondered how it's possible for restaurants in the Yoruba land still have N20 meat.

'Now I know better the pact they had with the Fulani man, meat for our loyalty'

*spits*

You are really used to the hard life. Pele.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Asswipemod: 3:25pm On Mar 01, 2021
tonididdy:
DO
NOT
BITE
THE
FINGERS
THAT
FEED
YOU
'meat'

If the finger that feeds you seeks to choke you, you chomp down hard, chew the fingers and swallow it. The impunity and arrogance is enough!
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Asswipemod: 3:27pm On Mar 01, 2021
udoakwa:
North is going to regret this their stupidity and none chalant attitude soon, this development is going to aid in division of this deceitful nation if measures is not taken very fast.

You just said the nation is deceitful. Why are you asking for measures to be taken to prevent it disintegration?
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Lovenaija4real: 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2021
Who told you South West don't have oil. Please google Ondo and Lagos state
tonididdy:

I'm not a northernern
But the SW can't use the oil of the SS to threaten the North.

You don't own that item undecided
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Tareq1105: 3:35pm On Mar 01, 2021
bolaayenimo:

Yes, Buhari actually made me (Adekunle) and Muktar, my friend for over 24yrs, to realize that we're not from the same mother.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by P1PrinceKT(m): 3:38pm On Mar 01, 2021
Genesiis:
These antecedents will affect very greatly 2023 Election. It will be more like an election between the North vs the South. It might even be a referendum. So keep it up Northerners, you guys are doing a great job.

Our Innocent traders should not be Killed,
like just in Sasha market.

for the foul played by Fulani killers.

that is the MESSAGE!
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by Asswipemod: 3:42pm On Mar 01, 2021
efeski:

Sincerely speaking why don't y'all just form your own country cos it's obvious from your utterances that there's deep seated animosity and hatred between north and south.

Nor be by force to stay married of the union Don tire all the parties involved.

Its the North that is not willing to let go without a huge fight.
Re: Afenifere: Withdrawal Of Foodstuffs From South By North, A Blessing In Disguise by awgumayor: 3:47pm On Mar 01, 2021
farouk1989:
are you sure you are ok upstairs? Those ports you are talking about,where are they located? Southwest or wia? Blocking a port in my own region... ,It's your type that doesn't know their right from left. Bunch of illiterates. It shall not be well with Fredrick Lord lugard wherever he is. I blame him for joining us together with animals
You are blaming lugard because the table is turning against you. Since Igbos have been blaming lugard you were laughing at them. This will tell you that a wound of one is a wound of all. Southern Nigeria must come together now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. / Garba Shehu Reacts To Rumour That Buhari Is Critically Ill / Police Tear-Gas June 12 Protesters In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.