Stats: 3,150,686 members, 7,809,591 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. (62254 Views)

Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? / Can One Rent An Apartment Of 250k Per Annum With 80k Job? / Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Timijo(m): 7:19pm On Mar 01, 2021
Emeraldgreene:
[U see .Africa is very wicked..wickedness is now seen as normal.my job abroad was given to me freely.quote author=Timijo post=99518735]Walahi, we don't need your type in Nigeria again, enough of wicked people everywhere.
What stops the Mr Richard from giving him the job without making a greedy demand? Let's learn to call a spade a spade. It is corruption and gross wickedness on his part. I'm sure he has been doing it to many people. No any act of kindness again.
Nigeria is the most religious country in Africa if not even in the entire world but our wicked cannot be compared to the sin of the devil. The white people that some people see as godless people have the fear of God and working conscience in them. For instance, my first job outside Nigeria was gotten for me by a white man without demanding for a dime. And when I need to move on, I got another lucrative job through a white man that is a recruiter. He did not say that I am going to tip him before he will give me the job. And most religious people in Nigeria think they are serving God better than these white people. Smh
My sister, the wickedness is too much in Africa. Anytime I look at the white people and see the love and happiness they share, I wish it is like that in Africa.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Uniquekriss(m): 7:22pm On Mar 01, 2021
Bros just accept it even if we know the man's terms are too stringent, work no dey d country o, some graduates are happily receiving 30k as their full monthly salary, b4 u know it, for months will be over buh my advice is that u also make him sign an agreement that d job is secured, not the type you'd lose within 6months.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Yankee101: 7:23pm On Mar 01, 2021
Nah. Don't start your foundation on a compromise. Look for another job

Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Timijo(m): 7:28pm On Mar 01, 2021
linearity:

It is not corruption if the job is genuine, but you might question the morality of Mr. Richard, but on that point, you might be right or wrong.

Great you mentioned your first job outside Nigeria and Jobs through recruiters. In the western countries e.g. US and UK, this is how recruiters and independent contractors work...they look for a job of e.g. $25.00/hr and pay you $15.00/hr...the rest is their profit and it is legal. The recruitment business works on this model and many individuals who want to run recruitment independent business on the side do it.......Mr. Richard gave the full disclosure and most likely this is his legitimate job i.e. connecting people with jobs, you do not expect him to do it for free.

I think the problem here is the average Nigerian mindset, which beliefs that we can get connections for free....you have to pay monthly fees to sign up on some job sites and you are not even guaranteed a job, you pay to get linkedin premium service to get access to connections and network of people that may link you to your next opportunity.

The bitter truth is, it cost money to make money.....now that the OP has rejected the offer, he has gone from making 50% to 0% monthly, I do not know anyone who will tell you that, that was a wise decision given the fact that he did not have any alternative job at hand.
Okay, I got you now. Maybe the poster needs to give us more information about his connection with the agent and whether he registered at his firm as a premium job seeker or not.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 01, 2021
cchub:
aye lo maye le. people discomforting people

Ika lomo ejo, adiye nje ifun ara won

Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Fixey: 7:31pm On Mar 01, 2021
linearity:

It is not corruption if the job is genuine, but you might question the morality of Mr. Richard, but on that point, you might be right or wrong.

Great you mentioned your first job outside Nigeria and Jobs through recruiters. In the western countries e.g. US and UK, this is how recruiters and independent contractors work...they look for a job of e.g. $25.00/hr and pay you $15.00/hr...the rest is their profit and it is legal. The recruitment business works on this model and many individuals who want to run recruitment independent business on the side do it.......Mr. Richard gave the full disclosure and most likely this is his legitimate job i.e. connecting people with jobs, you do not expect him to do it for free.

I think the problem here is the average Nigerian mindset, which beliefs that we can get connections for free....you have to pay monthly fees to sign up on some job sites and you are not even guaranteed a job, you pay to get linkedin premium service to get access to connections and network of people that may link you to your next opportunity.

The bitter truth is, it cost money to make money.....now that the OP has rejected the offer, he has gone from making 50% to 0% monthly, I do not know anyone who will tell you that, that was a wise decision given the fact that he did not have any alternative job at hand.

Succinct. Smart

It's saddening many don't see this as a mindset problem. Over 50% of me middle income earners in all oil company firms in Nigeria give up part of their monthly wage for years but it's not deem illegal. Because those third parties appear toosh...
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Emeraldgreene(f): 7:32pm On Mar 01, 2021
[IT CAN NEVER BE.NA TODAY AFRICA START WICKEDNESS.IF THEY CAN SELL THEIR OWN INTO SLAVERY WHICH OTHER WICKEDNESS THEY WILL NOT DO.ITS IN THEIR BLOOD.IT IS WHY AFRICA IS WHERE IT IS NOW.

,I WAS INFORMED AROUND DECEMBER THAT OUR FORMER CARETAKER WAS SPIRITUALLY ATTACKED WITH STROKE WHEN HE WENT TO VILLAGE.HE LATER DIED AGTER THE FAMILY SPENT SO MUCH MONEY CARRYING HIM FROM ONE HOSPITAL TO ANOTHER.

GUESS WHAT? THE VILLAGE PEOPLE WHO DID IT TO HIM SAID HE DOESNT BUY BREAD FOR THEM WHEN HES COMING FROM CITY.quoteor=Timijo post=99519249]
My sister, the wickedness is too much in Africa. Anytime I look at the white people and see the love and happiness they share, I wish it is like that in Africa. [/quote]
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by RPG2020(m): 7:32pm On Mar 01, 2021
Agree � move � on
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by DEBUU: 7:37pm On Mar 01, 2021
Fixey:
You are short sighted. Very short sighted. Is your jobless better than the 50% for four months for goodness sakes

You're part of the people who says you don't want to be taken advantaged of, but this isn't the case.

You are looking at the job, you don't know the relationship he has maintained to have the job and access. Please work on your values. However wrong we may say this is, it's just a short term burden and you'll have your freedom.

I saw your thread where you advertised for a live in job and was going to contact you as I know one in the area. But upon sighting this thread I change my mind.

Go and work on your mind and that attitude of people want to use you by all means as it's a two-stroke approach. One should behave better the employer in thus case, the other you.

Go and look for the novel she stoop to conquer and read up how you can use perspective shift to get what you want out of life.

Even Jesus said in the scripture " Whom shall entrust thee with they own if you've not first been entrusted with another's " Poverty and joblessness hasn't taught you very well. After it has, you'll behave better

He is Greedy, you are also Greedy

If you didn't respond to him early, just forget about it. The setup was a test of character he set as trap for you... You failed, because of your inherent greed. Continue searching since you don't know how tough life is. Smh

Common drop 120k make I change your status
Smh. I know persons who dropped 100% at once salary, 1 Million. Today through the connects are better. One is in Canada, the other oil. Company sends overs like beans. Stay there and be befriending your poverty. Smh

Suffer nor dey tire una. Some people dey drop one of their blood ones in some coded tins to get ahead in life. Just 40k. Chai. Humans can be wicked to themselves

Hello Sir, please I need a good job, kindly help me.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Timijo(m): 7:42pm On Mar 01, 2021
Emeraldgreene:
[IT CAN NEVER BE.NA TODAY AFRICA START WICKEDNESS.IF THEY CAN SELL THEIR OWN INTO SLAVERY WHICH OTHER WICKEDNESS THEY WILL NOT DO.ITS IN THEIR BLOOD.IT IS WHY AFRICA IS WHERE IT IS NOW.

,I WAS INFORMED AROUND DECEMBER THAT OUR FORMER CARETAKER WAS SPIRITUALLY ATTACKED WITH STROKE WHEN HE WENT TO VILLAGE.HE LATER DIED AGTER THE FAMILY SPENT SO MUCH MONEY CARRYING HIM FROM ONE HOSPITAL TO ANOTHER.

GUESS WHAT? THE VILLAGE PEOPLE WHO DID IT TO HIM SAID HE DOESNT BUY BREAD FOR THEM WHEN HES COMING FROM CITY.quoteor=Timijo post=99519249]
My sister, the wickedness is too much in Africa. Anytime I look at the white people and see the love and happiness they share, I wish it is like that in Africa.
Can you just imagine that entitlement mentality! And he was killed because of bread. We are only enjoying the mercy of God in Africa. If it were in those days, Africa would have been wiped out. But we thank God for His love and mercy.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Emeraldgreene(f): 7:45pm On Mar 01, 2021
[Yes oh...quote author=Timijo post=99519757]Can you just imagine that entitlement mentality! And he was killed because of bread. We are only enjoying the mercy of God in Africa. If it were in those days, Africa would have been wiped out. But we thank God for His love and mercy.[/quote]
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Bebson007(m): 7:51pm On Mar 01, 2021
show me the man i wil colect d offer. U beta accept due to d status of the place u can get tip worth 5k daily
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Slynation(m): 7:51pm On Mar 01, 2021
XshegzzyeeiX:
I seek job opportunities endlessly, and was glad when Mr. Richard told me he has a job for me via one of his connects. I was so glad.

He mentioned the job was in one of the top 5 star hospitality industry in Lagos. My joy knew no bound when he stated salary is N80,000 with regular tips from guests.

Concluding the phone call, he told me to report to his office by 2PM today if I'm cool with the agreement.

Folks, what should I do

MODIFIED: Mr. Richard said I should not plead or negotiate. It's either I agree to the condition or forget about the offer.
I guess the first set of people adviced you wrongly, seems you don't know people pay over 100-500K for a similar basic salary monthly, you can't settle for less, but never despise the days of little beginning, Mr Richard didn't only find you a job but he also connected you to meet different people who can change your status tomorrow, "change is always constant" well, I wish you good luck in life.....
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Peterosky(m): 7:54pm On Mar 01, 2021
XshegzzyeeiX:

Alright sir. Thanks.
.You must be a very foolish man to arrive at the decision of letting go the job simply because of the condition the man gave you even when many are paying more than 200k for lesser paying jobs without results. I do not support the man for giving you such conditions but trust me,you must be really stupid if you don't accept the offer. You said you have really suffered yet you rejecting this offer? do you even know what those who work in good hotels go home with on daily basis? If you ever qoute me without telling me that you have accepted the offer, then you will remain poor forever. Common pick up your phone immediately and tell the guy you have accepted the offer. Note: my insults are for your own good. Please go and accept the offer immediately before it's too late. It's just 4months.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Roon9(m): 7:58pm On Mar 01, 2021
XshegzzyeeiX:

cool Many thanks...

You are being misled Mr
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by abdabass: 8:01pm On Mar 01, 2021
Good day my brother,
The condition is not a wicked one, there is nothing wicked in it; it's a business, if you are okay with it, you go ahead, if not, reject it. Mind you, uncountable people are waiting for this kind opportunities.
The man is just a type of person who cannot do anything for humanity. What he is doing is not a sin and you accepting the offer have not el in anyway.
If its just for 4 months, I will advise you go ahead. However, please be wise while you are signing the agreement, read through carefully so that you confirm there is/are no hidden or other clauses therein.
A word is enough for a wise. Good luck.
Best regards.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Roon9(m): 8:05pm On Mar 01, 2021
Ghengiskhan:

I believe you are the wicked one here for trying to make him look bad.

Here is my reason:
If Mr Richard said pay me #160,000k one time payment and I give you a #80,000k job, will you call him wicked or look for the money ?
Instead he said pay me monthly installment and you are here calling him wicked.
In this Buhari regime that even government employment is for sale. Obviously Mr Richard is no Santa but that doesn't make him wicked

Thank you for this.
I'm happy someone is sane enough to think in my direction. Op is proud and ungrateful. It might shock you to know that Mr. A may have upped the salary to that 80k hence he feels he needs the compensation.

Nigerians are too ungrateful
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by moshuur(m): 8:06pm On Mar 01, 2021
myked:
Op, accept the offer but continue to search for better opportunities. Curse Mr Richards every morning, he's wicked.
Y are u reasoning dis way na...
Don't be in a hurry to judge mr. Richard.
Ok, he for better if he tell d guy say make he pay 160k at once for d job abi.
The op sef is an ingrate
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Elifeseries: 8:06pm On Mar 01, 2021
Since the 4months is 200k, plead with him to spread the payment up to 6 or 7 months
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by BalogunIdowu(m): 8:07pm On Mar 01, 2021
zealousayo:
Haba... Why are people wicked like this?

Negotiate (beg) with him to reduce the percentage

Modified: since he stands on no negotiation, you will have to do his bidding. You should bear with it for that four months... The reason is, if you refuse, many people are ready to take up the job with even worse conditions.

I agree with you.

And this is so bad, the fact that you are helping people get opportunities doesn't mean you reck them.

Some are even worst, it can be a lesser percentage say 10/20% but for as long as you're in the job.

Aanother one is for those that got you a job say, home teaching service and they get good payments only to come and negotiate trash with the tutor, God is waiting for una!
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by geokay777(m): 8:07pm On Mar 01, 2021
Well I hope it will ends the man poverty forever after taking the 4 months cut undecided, wicked people everywhere
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by moshuur(m): 8:11pm On Mar 01, 2021
XshegzzyeeiX:
I seek job opportunities endlessly, and was glad when Mr. Richard told me he has a job for me via one of his connects. I was so glad.

He mentioned the job was in one of the top 5 star hospitality industry in Lagos. My joy knew no bound when he stated salary is N80,000 with regular tips from guests.

Concluding the phone call, he told me to report to his office by 2PM today if I'm cool with the agreement.

Folks, what should I do

MODIFIED: Mr. Richard said I should not plead or negotiate. It's either I agree to the condition or forget about the offer.
U are an ingrate, egocentric and have this self entitlement mentality...
U even use d word "wicked"

Common, don't take the job (u'll learn)

Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by willybaby(m): 8:12pm On Mar 01, 2021
Kingstanding:
. What if the organization sack him after three months? And the man will look for another employee and sign another four months agreement of 50% from his salary? Mind you this maybe a plan stuff between the man and the company. I don't trust anyone nowadays, they maybe 419 people. They may be sacking people every three months or four months and they will be collecting 50% from new worker every four months. My advice he should forget that job if he doesn't want to labour in vain because they sack him before four months.
the narration you gave might totally be true Na Naija we d.. but sir you forget if he doesn't take the job thoes few months he atleast got something he would have spent it doing nothing with absolutely no single naira added to his account
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by zealousayo(m): 8:12pm On Mar 01, 2021
BalogunIdowu:

I agree with you.

And this is so bad, the fact that you are helping people get opportunities doesn't mean you reck them.

Some are even worst, it can be a lesser percentage say 10/20% but for as long as you're in the job.

Aanother one is for those that got you a job say, home teaching service and they get good payments only to come and negotiate trash with the tutor, God is waiting for una!

It's very bad, but wetin man go do...
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by israelnedion(m): 8:16pm On Mar 01, 2021
zealousayo:
Haba... Why are people wicked like this?

Negotiate (beg) with him to reduce the percentage

Modified: since he stands on no negotiation, you will have to do his bidding. You should bear with it for that four months... The reason is, if you refuse, many people are ready to take up the job with even worse conditions.
please grab the job. u are even lucky he didn't demand for sex additionally. so long d salary is 80k. accept biko

Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by myked(m): 8:21pm On Mar 01, 2021
moshuur:

Y are u reasoning dis way na...
Don't be in a hurry to judge mr. Richard.
Ok, he for better if he tell d guy say make he pay 160k at once for d job abi.
The op sef is an ingrate

160k for an 80k salary job won't make sense, anything more than 2 months for half a person's salary is outright wickedness. If he's wants deductions for 4 months he shouldn't be demanding half the salary.
People should help without making any demands...
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by moshuur(m): 8:27pm On Mar 01, 2021
myked:

160k for an 80k salary job won't make sense, anything more than 2 months for half a person's salary is outright wickedness. If he's wants deductions for 4 months he shouldn't be demanding half the salary.
People should help without making any demands...
Sir...I like u (u av human feeling)
The world would be a better place if we can just help our fellow human without any attachment whatsoever.

Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Zobbyjazzy(m): 8:29pm On Mar 01, 2021
baba/mama...go for it, mafo. no b 4 month? he go cone and go without you even feeling it. no reason am. dont beg him and dont hive him attitude. go for it.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by DrDax: 8:33pm On Mar 01, 2021
XshegzzyeeiX:

Folks, what should I do

A Business arrangement, take it or leave it.

We get sentimental about things too much.

Weigh your options and make a decision.

Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by haykayneyo: 8:42pm On Mar 01, 2021
Fixey:

Succinct. Smart

It's saddening many don't see this as a mindset problem. Over 50% of me middle income earners in all oil company firms in Nigeria give up part of their monthly wage for years but it's not deem illegal. Because those third parties appear toosh...

Please fixed me up sir, have been jobless for over 5 years now. Am ready for any conditions attached to it. Thank you.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Fixey: 9:01pm On Mar 01, 2021
geokay777:
Well I hope it will ends the man poverty forever after taking the 4 months cut undecided, wicked people everywhere

Stop deceiving yourself. If positions were exchanged you'll be shocked this guy here will demand more
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by EmekaBlue(m): 9:02pm On Mar 01, 2021
Reminds me of someone

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How To Write A Letter Of Application For A Job / Nigerian Stock Exchange Graduate Trainee / federal Task Force: Is This Real Or Political Scam

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73