Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. (62297 Views)

Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? / Can One Rent An Apartment Of 250k Per Annum With 80k Job? / Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Ify15(f): 9:10pm On Mar 01, 2021
Please I wouldn't mind to pay to get a teaching slot in a government school in Lagos State .I presently work as a voluntary teacher in one of the government secondary schools with no pay attached. Please if you can assist me,chat me up on whatsapp on 08136892258.Thanks .I don taya to stay without a job
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Elnesto(m): 9:11pm On Mar 01, 2021
Please reject the offer. God will make a better way for you.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by amSammie(m): 9:22pm On Mar 01, 2021
Don’t try it. Imagine losing the job and they still give the job out to someone else and repeat same pattern.

Don’t try it!

Besides giving him the money or not, he can’t do shit! He would only make attempt for you to loss the job.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by zivility: 9:48pm On Mar 01, 2021
Offer him more - 30k for 6 months! But don't agree to 4 months. If a man ask for a mile go 2
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Nwanieke(m): 9:54pm On Mar 01, 2021
It is not easy. You don't have any alternatives na. You gas endure
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by aalangel(f): 9:55pm On Mar 01, 2021
That's how Mo Abudu made her money in this Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by emaderocha(m): 10:14pm On Mar 01, 2021
accept his condition then draft your own agreement for him to sign that it will last for just the stipulated four month....enjoy your job,nothing is free in life,even if it is free,someone somewhere has already paid for it.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Kingstanding: 10:41pm On Mar 01, 2021
willybaby:
the narration you gave might totally be true Na Naija we d.. but sir you forget if he doesn't take the job thoes few months he atleast got something he would have spent it doing nothing with absolutely no single naira added to his account
. You're right but what gives him the assurance that he will be paid if he do the job?
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Ephort: 11:18pm On Mar 01, 2021
XshegzzyeeiX:
I seek job opportunities endlessly, and was glad when Mr. Richard told me he has a job for me via one of his connects. I was so glad.

He mentioned the job was in one of the top 5 star hospitality industry in Lagos. My joy knew no bound when he stated salary is N80,000 with regular tips from guests.

Concluding the phone call, he told me to report to his office by 2PM today if I'm cool with the agreement.

Folks, what should I do

MODIFIED: Mr. Richard said I should not plead or negotiate. It's either I agree to the condition or forget about the offer.

Well, this is not to encourage you to accept, but to inform you that the agreement is not enforceable in court or anywhere. Court does not enforce illegality, so, signing an agreement is a better way of making himself culpable for a crime. In fact, he would be arrested if the agreement makes it out. The issue here is - what would he do if you don't pay.

God bless you with a good job.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by ceeceeco: 11:34pm On Mar 01, 2021
Nothing goes for nothing! Life is all about sacrifice. I had to pay 850k to get the job of an administrative assistant in one of the federal institution. I have been working there for over 4 years now, & I have covered the money I paid to get the job. So I think Mr Richard made you a good offer, take it or leave it. The choice is yours.

1 Like

Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by NSK4U(m): 11:59pm On Mar 01, 2021
Ponytail22:
Dear poster,
4months is a very long time and Jobs are very difficult to come by. Weigh your Options, if you can stick to the agreement fine! But if you can't, move on! Mr Richard is a very wicked Man!

Don't conclude yet, what if Mr Richard got his own employment through such means?

Would you still call it wickedness?
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by DictionMaster: 12:06am On Mar 02, 2021
XshegzzyeeiX:
I seek job opportunities endlessly, and was glad when Mr. Richard told me he has a job for me via one of his connects. I was so glad.

He mentioned the job was in one of the top 5 star hospitality industry in Lagos. My joy knew no bound when he stated salary is N80,000 with regular tips from guests.

Concluding the phone call, he told me to report to his office by 2PM today if I'm cool with the agreement.

Folks, what should I do

MODIFIED: Mr. Richard said I should not plead or negotiate. It's either I agree to the condition or forget about the offer.

Please send me a message on WhatsApp. I'll link you up with a job.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by DictionMaster: 12:07am On Mar 02, 2021
Ify15:
Please I wouldn't mind to pay to get a teaching slot in a government school in Lagos State .I presently work as a voluntary teacher in one of the government secondary schools with no pay attached. Please if you can assist me,chat me up on whatsapp on 08136892258.Thanks .I don taya to stay without a job

When in Lagos are you located?
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Haywhyluv: 12:08am On Mar 02, 2021
DictionMaster:

Please send me a message on WhatsApp. I'll link you up with a job.

Pls link me up
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by oluwafemiabioye(f): 12:31am On Mar 02, 2021
Ghengiskhan:

I believe you are the wicked one here for trying to make him look bad.

Here is my reason:
If Mr Richard said pay me #160,000k one time payment and I give you a #80,000k job, will you call him wicked or look for the money ?
Instead he said pay me monthly installment and you are here calling him wicked.
In this Buhari regime that even government employment is for sale. Obviously Mr Richard is no Santa and that doesn't make him wicked.

When the abnormal becomes normal, even the normal becomes an anomaly.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Mj2Mj: 1:24am On Mar 02, 2021
If u get a job of 40k, with a written agreement of increasing you pay to 80k after 5month will you accept the offer? Think about this and sought yourself out young job seeker.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Nobody: 1:33am On Mar 02, 2021
Ghengiskhan:

Here is my reason:
If Mr Richard said pay me #160,000k one time payment and I give you a #80,000k job, will you call him wicked or look for the money ?
In this Buhari regime that even government employment is for sale. Obviously Mr Richard is no Santa but that doesn't make him wicked
Atleast you are sure of the government job, what if op is sacked two months after resumption whereas he has already agreed to 4months in writing, and mr richard request for the remaining two months fee, what will op do
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Nobody: 1:36am On Mar 02, 2021
Fixey:
You are short sighted. Very short sighted. Is your jobless better than the 50% for four months for goodness sakes

You're part of the people who says you don't want to be taken advantaged of, but this isn't the case.

You are looking at the job, you don't know the relationship he has maintained to have the job and access. Please work on your values. However wrong we may say this is, it's just a short term burden and you'll have your freedom.

I saw your thread where you advertised for a live in job and was going to contact you as I know one in the area. But upon sighting this thread I change my mind.

Go and work on your mind and that attitude of people want to use you by all means as it's a two-stroke approach. One should behave better the employer in thus case, the other you.

Go and look for the novel she stoop to conquer and read up how you can use perspective shift to get what you want out of life.

Even Jesus said in the scripture " Whom shall entrust thee with they own if you've not first been entrusted with another's " Poverty and joblessness hasn't taught you very well. After it has, you'll behave better

He is Greedy, you are also Greedy

If you didn't respond to him early, just forget about it. The setup was a test of character he set as trap for you... You failed, because of your inherent greed. Continue searching since you don't know how tough life is. Smh

Common drop 120k make I change your status
Smh. I know persons who dropped 100% at once salary, 1 Million. Today through the connects are better. One is in Canada, the other oil. Company sends overs like beans. Stay there and be befriending your poverty. Smh

Suffer nor dey tire una. Some people dey drop one of their blood ones in some coded tins to get ahead in life. Just 40k. Chai. Humans can be wicked to themselves
What gives you the assurance that he will have his freedom after the four months? what if the job was terminated before the four months, lets stop calling white black because other people are doing it, read up what the bible says against lending someone money with interest, not to talk of this..
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Nobody: 1:40am On Mar 02, 2021
oshe11:
If Mr Richard had told You the Salary for the said Job is #40000 for the first 4months and would later be increased to #80000 from the 5th month, would You take he Job?
its even better that way tha spelling it out to him this way... Yoruba will say igbe kinkin ni eti awo, ti oju ba kuro ni be, okan o le kuro nibe.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Dizzyrascal(m): 2:02am On Mar 02, 2021
Ghengiskhan:

Here is my reason:
In this Buhari regime that even government employment is for sale. Obviously Mr Richard is no Santa but that doesn't make him wicked
lets be honest, its only in Nigeria that an individual will come up with such draconian requirements for giving someone a job opportunity. A spade remains a spade whether we like it or not, the said man is nothing but evil period! Its only a fellow Nigerian that will try to justify that level of greed or avarice. This level of greed is why Nigeria is the corruption capital of the world. It is the reason why NIMC, MTN, AIRTEL personnel are collecting bribes in order to help fellow Nigerians like themselves register and get simple national identification number for themselves. cry
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by WudBMother: 2:36am On Mar 02, 2021
1. Are you sure of job security after 4 months?
2. Will the salary be paid to your account and, you then remit to Mr. Richard?
3. Will 40k take care of your transportation and lunch?
4. Are there other soft benefits on this job?

Use your answers to these questions to arrive at a decision

XshegzzyeeiX:

Folks, what should I do

Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Ify15(f): 3:32am On Mar 02, 2021
DictionMaster:

When in Lagos are you located?
Alapere
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by kinethic: 4:00am On Mar 02, 2021
XshegzzyeeiX:

Folks, what should I do

In a sensible and compassionate environment this shouldn't be happening this way.
I tell you don't sign anything with anybody without knowing every details of the job. There are other things you may not like on that job.
It's not as sweet or bling bling as he has told you.
Don't enslave yourself and future for a temporary delay. Know more details about this job.
Hotel, restaurant, type of customers, cleaning, making beds,washing toilets , other bonuses etc
People prey on youth's desperation to survive but still use your brains. You may regret it if you don't stand from point of strength.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by ibechris(m): 4:49am On Mar 02, 2021
Better go and pick up the Job.

Nigeria has no pity on anyone now,therefore no less.

Just thank him for not asking u to pay on upfront.

Nothing is free these days and is a pity that,that is where we all found ourselves.
Good luck to u.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by legacystore: 5:56am On Mar 02, 2021
XshegzzyeeiX:

Folks, what should I do

U are lucky u are not paying upfront

Fair deal

Better pick it up

Many would have asked for 500k upfront to them to get the job which u must borrow elsewhere n pay back.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Doktajay5: 6:10am On Mar 02, 2021
XshegzzyeeiX:

Folks, what should I do

This is buying an 80k job for 160k.

If u can, pay and move on. The country has gone to the dust. Just help ur self and suffer the suffer for 4months. But mąkę him understand that this is a difficult one, one that is never fair from him and requires no gratitude Anyday.

Good łuck.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by DedeNkem: 6:49am On Mar 02, 2021
XshegzzyeeiX:

Folks, what should I do

1. Don't do it. You don't know how long the job would last and how hard it is. What he's try to do to you is illegal.

2. If you're too desperate and ready to take a risk. You can go ahead and sign the agreement with a fake signature that can't be legally linked to you.

When you start the work and sure the job will last long, then you can only pay him 40k once. If he threatens you, threaten him too. After all, the agreement is illegal and his activity is also illegal.

40k is enough.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by oshiokpu(m): 7:42am On Mar 02, 2021
Fixey:
Over 70% of oil company jobs was a result of cutting deals, entering arrangements. It is not immoral for anyone to leverage on their advantages or resources. If anyone says Mr. Richard is bad, let such person provide him with an 80k job. It's easy to condemn people.

Boss..Do you have any deal? I'm interested
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by oshe11: 7:44am On Mar 02, 2021
BKsoul:
its even better that way tha spelling it out to him this way... Yoruba will say igbe kinkin ni eti awo, ti oju ba kuro ni be, okan o le kuro nibe.

Let him see it that way then....

***I'm not Yoruba
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Ponytail22: 8:20am On Mar 02, 2021
NSK4U:

Don't conclude yet, what if Mr Richard got his own employment through such means?

Would you still call it wickedness?
Let's assume he got his employment through such means, does that make it right?
please let's call a Spade a Spade!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Deloitte Graduate Recruitment 2022 / How To Write A Letter Of Application For A Job / Nigerian Stock Exchange Graduate Trainee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.