Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

This Reckless And Stupid Driver Almost Caused A Terrible Accident Today - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Reckless And Stupid Driver Almost Caused A Terrible Accident Today (449 Views)

A Man Spotted Behind A Lady's Photoshoot Has Caused A Stir On Social Media / My Girlfriend Has A Very Reckless Past. / She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Reckless And Stupid Driver Almost Caused A Terrible Accident Today by SavageResponse(m): 10:28pm On Mar 02, 2021
On my way from Ikeja to Magodo/Shangisah today I decided to pass through the Lagos expressway heading towards Ketu then make a U-turn in front of the Conoil filling station and head home.

I had got to the spot for the U-turn and was waiting in line on the queue when the most bizarre thing happened.
There was a Lexus RX 300 that was travelling at fairly high speed on the middle lane of the expressway; the driver stopped abruptly right in the middle of the road when she realized she had almost missed the spot for U-turn!

This just stopped right in the middle of the road without checking to be sure no vehicle was following her but alas there was a 16 wheeler petrol tanker following this woman ‘s vehicle closely. The driver of the truck was forced to apply his brakes and swerve at the last minute to avoid hitting this car and luckily he did not hit them but only just. I saw the whole thing whilst sitting in my car waiting for my turn to make a U-turn.

There are only two reasons why the driver of the RX 300 and her female passenger are alive now:-
- The driver of the trailer behind her was very alert with his attention on the road
- The brakes and steering of the truck were in top condition and responsive
If not for these two factors we would have had an accident of catastrophic proportions at 6.25pm today 2 March 2021 on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway!

As a typical Lagos driver who always claims to be right this idiot still had the effrontery to exchange words with the driver of the truck who was furious with her for the accident she almost caused.

We eventually turned and the woman dropped off her female passenger who was wearing an orange top at the junction leading to CMD Road just before the pedestrian bridge at Secretariat express bus stop
Although I was heading to the Magodo area I was determined to get a pic of her car so I followed her to Jimoh Balogun Street where I was able to get a clear chance to take a pic of her car when she stopped to drive into a compound on the street.

Here is a warning to friends and colleagues of this reckless driver, if you value your life do not hitch a ride in this woman’s car, she’s an absolute lunatic who clearly has a death wish! angry

How did this idiot even manage to get a driver's licence?!

Re: This Reckless And Stupid Driver Almost Caused A Terrible Accident Today by jideflash(m): 1:22am On Mar 03, 2021
Thank God it wasnt a disaster. I'm sure the amount of Nigerian drivers that actually went to driving school and can pass according to international driving standards are less than 50%. Everybody just dey drive anyhow with bash bash car.

Also those u-turns are poorly constructed. No clear signs & markings indicating the turns.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sugar Mummy / Why Is Everyone Doing This..? / When Should You End A Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.