Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,280 members, 7,822,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Guys How Do You Console Someone Who Lost A Loved One? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys How Do You Console Someone Who Lost A Loved One? (508 Views)

How Do You Console An Atheist? / How Do You Console This Lovebirds Now? / 19-Year-Old Father Of 2, Who Lost His 2 Baby Mamas, Shares His Story (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys How Do You Console Someone Who Lost A Loved One? by sampete(m): 6:46pm On Mar 04, 2021
A friend of mine recently lost her dad. I have sent her the customary condolence messages via text, but I still feel like I need to do more, like going to be with her or calling her on phone. Problem is I can't currently leave my location to go be with her. As for calling her, I feel so weird out. I don't know what to say to her. Any suggestion guys?

I really do not know how to deal with the death of a loved one either. I'm saying this because, my elder sister died sometime ago and I never shed a single tear or miss her much. Same thing happened when I lost my elder brother and my ex girl friend in an accident. I do feel there is something fundamentally wrong with me when it comes to dealing with death
Re: Guys How Do You Console Someone Who Lost A Loved One? by habsydiamond(m): 7:31pm On Mar 04, 2021
That's true... U are not the only one in that shoe... There are many people tgst find if difficult to console someone who lost a family.. I even join sef... A friend's Dad died... I was just there looking at her face couldn't say shiit... Thats part of the culture we did not take note of.. To do these things is very easy for our parents but since we have diverted a bit from the cultural norms. In my advice.. Just call to tell her sorry for her loss... That God will console her and the family.
Re: Guys How Do You Console Someone Who Lost A Loved One? by sampete(m): 8:11pm On Mar 04, 2021
habsydiamond:
That's true... U are not the only one in that shoe... There are many people tgst find if difficult to console someone who lost a family.. I even join sef... A friend's Dad died... I was just there looking at her face couldn't say shiit... Thats part of the culture we did not take note of.. To do these things is very easy for our parents but since we have diverted a bit from the cultural norms. In my advice.. Just call to tell her sorry for her loss... That God will console her and the family.
To be honest, I have considered just calling and saying I am sorry for her loss and that God will console her, but it just sound so cliché to me, so ordinary. Anyway, I may have no choice than follow this path.
Re: Guys How Do You Console Someone Who Lost A Loved One? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 04, 2021
sampete:
A friend of mine recently lost her dad. I have sent her the customary condolence messages via text, but I still feel like I need to do more, like going to be with her or calling her on phone. Problem is I can't currently leave my location to go be with her. As for calling her, I feel so weird out. I don't know what to say to her. Any suggestion guys?

I really do not know how to deal with the death of a loved one either. I'm saying this because, my elder sister died sometime ago and I never shed a single tear or miss her much. Same thing happened when I lost my elder brother and my ex girl friend in an accident. I do feel there is something fundamentally wrong with me when it comes to dealing with death
Dsame Way U Comfort Someone Dat Only One Game Cut His 1million Naira Ticket.
Re: Guys How Do You Console Someone Who Lost A Loved One? by habsydiamond(m): 10:43pm On Mar 04, 2021
sampete:
To be honest, I have considered just calling and saying I am sorry for her loss and that God will console her, but it just sound so cliché to me, so ordinary. Anyway, I may have no choice than follow this path.
at least it's better than saying nothing
Re: Guys How Do You Console Someone Who Lost A Loved One? by sampete(m): 5:10am On Mar 05, 2021
Truvel:
Dsame Way U Comfort Someone Dat Only One Game Cut His 1million Naira Ticket.
Definitely not the same way. grin
Re: Guys How Do You Console Someone Who Lost A Loved One? by sampete(m): 5:11am On Mar 05, 2021
habsydiamond:
at least it's better than saying nothing
Yeah, you are right.
Re: Guys How Do You Console Someone Who Lost A Loved One? by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 05, 2021
sampete:
Definitely not the same way. grin
So, How Do U Comfort?

(1) (Reply)

Family House / Ur Gf Ask U Small Money / Do Your Girlfriend Truely Deserve This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.