Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,819,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) (19651 Views)

Benin Ore Road During OBJ Admin And GEJ Admin (pic) / Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! / The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by lwise(m): 1:47pm On Apr 12, 2011
That picture is not depicting the present state of Benin-Ore road.
I dont know y some ppl tell lies intentionally just to ague a point they knew nothing about.
My brother also confirm the good state of that road,if u dont know anything about the road I think the best thing is to keep mute n watch.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by xterra2(m): 2:09pm On Apr 12, 2011
nn5ive:

@xterra2
I too, I just dont hate ignorant people. They make me want to vomit. What in God's name are you talking about. You think you can come in here and vomit your intestines. eh? You wont give the poor guy credit, yet am sure, if the road was not done, you would have given him the debit. I am even sure, you did the same thing to Yar'adua when he was alive and now you are singing lullaby to his corpse. PISS OFF! You hear me. PISS OFF!
Ignorant, hateful person!
but he didnt do anything he didnt giv the conttract and he didnt do the engineering process so what excatly did gej do? nothing
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 12, 2011
Kilode?!:

Did they just resurface the existing two lane dual carriage way or they expanded it like expected? Is it still two lane on each side?

The road linking the East to West deserves more than a mere re-surfacing, please tell me this is an expansion of that road. Or post pictures.

That road deserves at least an 8 lane expansion or a 10 lane one like the Abuja lokoja expansion project, this is the road connecting the economic powerhouses of Nigeria. I refuse to applaud a mere re-surfacing.

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=$mpMyZYhDodeiN3PejRt_i6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxQCRx$V4R4r4xcy8t9_ys72nW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]

The poster should be banned for posting lies to us.Was it not the same road the oba of benin was recently complaining about when the minister of works visited him sometime early this year ? .
Another pdp desperation.evil party !
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by OmoTier1(m): 4:51pm On Apr 12, 2011
Are you all not tired of this PDP government patch work? Benin-Ore road was awarded by Obasanjo via then minister of work Mr. tony Anenih for a whooping 30bn naira for expansion and complete dualization. This contract never saw the light of the day and to date no one know the where about of that money. Following the massive out cry, this same despotic PDP government re-awarded the contract to Reynolds Construction Company, RCC but RCC failed to deliver citing security as the main reason. The PDP led government thereafter decided to resurface only the failed portions of that road.
If this is what pro-GEJ are celebrating, then NNigeria has a long way to go! That road is a major economic road that any sensible government would give priority attention to hence the reason Oshiomhole is expanding the new lagos road-uselu-ugbowo axis to two main lanes with an adjoining.

To say the obvious, that road resurfacing by RCC would last only a year and lo en behold some portions betweeb Okada and Ugbogui has already began to tear up. To the casual motorist this may not be so obvious especially if your privious experience on that road has been a nightmare.

For all I care, partisan politics apart, this patch work is nothing to glory in instead the government should be pressurized to fully dualized that road with four lanes on both sides.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Kx: 4:55pm On Apr 12, 2011
I used that road dis past weekend.

Okada to Benin is good.
okada to ore is bad as usual
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by OAM4J: 5:01pm On Apr 12, 2011
Kx:

Okada to Benin is good.

Thank you jare
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 12, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Are you all not tired of this PDP government patch work? Benin-Ore road was awarded by Obasanjo via then minister of work Mr. tony Anenih for a whooping 30bn naira for expansion and complete dualization. This contract never saw the light of the day and to date no one know the where about of that money. Following the massive out cry,

For all I care, partisan politics apart, this patch work is nothing to glory in instead the government should be pressurized to fully dualized that road with four lanes on both sides.

@omo tier. lol i will like to tell u that we nigerians are ppl who like to say its al good even when we all know it not even a lil bit good, i think that is called smiling during suffering. we are so used to it na
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by seal777(m): 5:12pm On Apr 12, 2011
Just some portion was resurfaced in 12yrs, yet they re deceiving their brains to get vote,

LAGOS - IBADAN, IBADAN - ILE IFE, IBADAN ILORIN is nt part of Naija or is that our punishment to been a south westerner?.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Gbenge77(m): 5:39pm On Apr 12, 2011
Thats a cheering news for motorists.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Kilode1: 5:42pm On Apr 12, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Haba Kilode? You know better nooow!! Resurfacing is the first and quick fix solution. That road was a death trap. It needed a quick remedy.
I agree that it needs a a wider road but that would take at least 5 years of construction to put an 8- 10 lane on that road. Lekki Epe which is just 50km and 4 lanes is taking more than forever, talkless of 8 lanes on a 400km (Benin-Lagos) road. The plan I think is to enter a PPP that would make an 8 lane a possibility.

Asides, the plan for the Calabar- Lagos coastal road project and the Calabar Lagos Railway project which when on stream would make the Benin- Ore road less congested. These are some of the reasons why any reasonable person would thumbprint Umblerra for Jonathan come Saturday!!

This Government is doing great things quitely at a very steady pace!!

My guy, resurfacing is not the solution to the problem on that road, dunno about you, I practically grew up travelling on the Benin-Ore-Sagamu road, I was on that road few months ago.

I really expect more from you as a Nigerian, and probably a Southerner, we've lost friends and relatives on that road, we all have tales to tell about the Benin-Ore-Sagamu road. You and I can count how many times that road has been resurfaced in the last 20 years, plenty!

I do not know what your expectations are papabrowne but You will agree with me that for a road that carries a large chunk of our economic activities and our loved ones -if you are middle class like me- IT DESERVES MORE THAN A MERE RESURFACING!

I refuse to applaud political gimmicks.

The Abuja Lokoja road will be a 10 lane road. this road Linking WEST and EAST practically built Nigeria, they promised an expansion to 5 lane each since democracy restarted in the early 2000. Mimiko still complained about that unfulfilled promise few months ago. Anenih choped money, Ogunlewe choped money, PDP choped the money. That is the reason road projects take forever in Naija,

Then they dangle lame carrots and expect us to start? clapping. Classic oppression tactic = make them suffer so much that they will accept crumbs as a banquet

I totally refuse to applaud this rotten carrot, Although I can understand where you are coming from when I read this :

Early last year, we had to pass the bush travelling that road. In the bush there was a massive hold up. That tells you how bad it was.
grin

I've been through that horror before too, dunno if it's worse now.

Papabrowne, we can applaud GEJ for other things, not for resurfacing this road.

Even Military killers resurfaced it, they always resurface it. let's not get carried away by political gimmicks, demand for a permanent solution.

That road is too dangerous as a dualized two lane road with the massive amount of traffic that passes through everyday, very dangerous. We all can't fly Arik Air.

Don't allow politicians to keep bamboozling you. Your people deserve better.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 12, 2011
i take the lagos badagry express every morning to vi

maybe i should post pictures of how rascals fix roads so pdp acolytes can know what they're missing
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by nn5ive: 10:16pm On Apr 12, 2011
These pictures are lies. I was the driver of that Bus belonging to Charleston Industrial Supply Limited, Sango Otta. The last time I travelled on that road with the vehicle was way back in 2009. So let these smart fellas tell us the date of these photos. Ha Ha Ha!
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Eziachi: 10:48pm On Apr 12, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Haba Kilode? You know better nooow!! Resurfacing is the first and quick fix solution. That road was a death trap. It needed a quick remedy.
I agree that it needs a a wider road but that would take at least 5 years of construction to put an 8- 10 lane on that road. Lekki Epe which is just 50km and 4 lanes is taking more than forever, talkless of 8 lanes on a 400km (Benin-Lagos) road. The plan I think is to enter a PPP that would make an 8 lane a possibility.

Asides, the plan for the Calabar- Lagos coastal road project and the Calabar Lagos Railway project which when on stream would make the Benin- Ore road less congested. These are some of the reasons why any reasonable person would thumbprint Umblerra for Jonathan come Saturday!!

This Government is doing great things quitely at a very steady pace!!
My brother funny you will be able to defend the bolded with a straight face, because Japan managed to fixed there's devastated by earthquake within 2 weeks.
But 12 years of PDP govt (shhhh!!! sorry its no longer PDP, just GEJ now until after saturday) to fix it and you are adding extra 4-5 years. I wonder whether their machines run with the same gas as those in Japan or on human sweat?
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by ektbear: 2:42am On Apr 13, 2011
^-- This is why at times I don't have hope for Nigeria.

Imagine waiting 5 years+ for a road to be fixed/expanded  undecided Where I live, if they need to fix the road, it is a two week project.

If they want to CONSTRUCT a brand new highway, 2-3 years, max.

5+ years for not just a road. . . but the most important road in the country? I don't get it.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by JAZES(m): 11:19am On Apr 13, 2011
Make we see the new pictures now if you believe the posted here is the old one.
Just post the new one.
Chikena
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by JahMan1: 11:30am On Apr 13, 2011
If this is true,then the problem of that road wasn't that of PDP but that of that Yoruba ape man called Baba Iyabo.He vowed to continue suffering the Igbos from where he stopped during the Biafran war.Ask the likes of Ibeto and know.

I know how much I have suffered mentally,health-wise and financially because of that road.The last I drove with my family to the East we arrived Enugu by 9PM.
Subsequently I have been flying unless when economy is so tight.

If the planned alliance of ACN/CPC adds to this info,then I am definitely taking my vote and that of my family away from Buhari and giving it to GEJ.

Do you guys really know how important that road is to Easterners?Our cost of doing business is grossly affected by the state of that road.

Naija is working,no be only Fashola dey work.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by obailala(m): 11:41am On Apr 13, 2011
If the Benin-Ore road is truly fixed, we wouldn't need some PDP follower to come tell us here on Nairaland; we would smell it in the air. Is it not the same road the Oba of Benin was reported to complain of about 6 weeks ago?

Remember, even in the worst state of that road, one could make Warri to Lagos in 4.30hr if u are lucky to pass early in the day when the road isn't busy.

kaycee0604:

I passed through that road last month and no sign of anybody working on d road, and if for the past twelve years nothing was achieve in that road upon the urge amount of money mark for it. I dont think it will be possible for the gov in power to do that within a month. seeing is believing poster we need pix abeg
Kx:

Okada to Benin is good.

Don't mind all these PDP upcoming stalwarts coming to deceive NL with false gist
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 11:57am On Apr 13, 2011
ekt_bear:

^-- This is why at times I don't have hope for Nigeria.

Imagine waiting 5 years+ for a road to be fixed/expanded  undecided Where I live, if they need to fix the road, it is a two week project.

If they want to CONSTRUCT a brand new highway, 2-3 years, max.

5+ years for not just a road. . . but the most important road in the country? I don't get it.

No buddy, you fibbed!! Road construction OR rehabilitation in US takes longer than you've posited!! Simple 20 mile stretches are given 4 year timelines not to talk of a 400km road. In the link below you would find cost and duration of various road construction projects in the USA.

[url]http://southeast.construction.com/features/archive/0402_Feature4.asp
[/url]
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by vaLasce(m): 12:06pm On Apr 13, 2011
Benin Ore road fixed!!?
Praaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiissssssssssssssseee d Lord. . . . . .
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by jmaine: 12:08pm On Apr 13, 2011
Pictures would have said a lot of things . . right now. . . it is just argument galore . .anyone with recent pictures off course not those old pictures being used to prove sour points
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by mecussey(m): 12:12pm On Apr 13, 2011
Some people were just born to criticize and it's evil; he who does not appreciate anything good is evil. Let's vote GEJ, PDP is just the party.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Ulotee: 12:18pm On Apr 13, 2011
I must commend GEJ on what he did on that road. I travelled through that same road to the East in February, I left Lagos 5:30am (private vehicle) and I got to Onitsha by 11:30am. This is very true!

That road has had many contractors over the years but it was never done, many government had spent so much money on that road in the past but it was never "scratched". He did not get it done because he was campainging for your vote, so many of those other leaders went for their second tenures, did all manner of campaign while they were on sit, but did not use that road to get to power the second time! He could equally get to power this time without working on that road.

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is the man this nation needs for revolution and for law enforcement.

You might be biased over PDP as a party, but the presidency of a nation is beyond a party, it is beyond a tribe, it is beyond a region, it is all about the country moving forward!
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by richidinho(m): 12:21pm On Apr 13, 2011
I dislike ignorant people, what did he do? he didnt give the contract neither was he the engineer so he really didnt do anything there, like some people were hailing GEJ that he built the railway when he entered in abekuta when it was yaradua that did so

who is ignorant?

BUHARI stop a railway project constructed by Alh. Jakande in Lagos State when he took over

GEJ encourage similar project instead
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by cinzo: 12:21pm On Apr 13, 2011
This post is gone.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by NAJALYN: 12:24pm On Apr 13, 2011
Thanks to GEJ for fixing the road. GEJ for President. You are voting in the individual, the party notwithstanding. The writing on the wall is crystal clear that he will succeed. Give him your votes and you will not be disappointed.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by cinzo: 12:28pm On Apr 13, 2011
^ Bros please tell them!
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by efisher(m): 12:35pm On Apr 13, 2011
GEJ is the man!
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Princek12(m): 12:46pm On Apr 13, 2011
Poster, if you want me to applaud Jonathan for resurfacing a road, then waka. You must be crazy. When Jonathan completely overhauls our nations interstate roads into at the very least four lanes (I would prefer eight lanes) then I may think of applauding him.

Before I applaud him, Jonathan has to put in place a system that furthers a complete overhaul of our nations interstate road system, whereby all the lanes in our expressways are expanded into six to eight lane, world-class expressways, fitted with rest areas and law enforcement outposts.

To expect me to applaud a "patch, patch" work is to expect me to celebrate mediocrity, and, while a give Jonathan partial credit (equivalent to a C or D grade) for his "okrika" work, don't come here asking for us to give him a round of applause. Sege.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Ulotee: 12:46pm On Apr 13, 2011
I must commend GEJ on what he did on that road. I travelled through that same road to the East in February, I left Lagos 5:30am (private vehicle) and I got to Onitsha by 11:30am. This is very true!

That road has had many contractors over the years but it was never done, many government had spent so much money on that road in the past but it was never "scratched". He did not get it done because he was campainging for your vote, so many of those other leaders went for their second tenures, did all manner of campaign while they were on sit, but did not use that road to get to power the second time! He could equally get to power this time without working on that road.

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is the man this nation needs for revolution and for law enforcement.

You might be biased over PDP as a party, but the presidency of a nation is beyond a party, it is beyond a tribe, it is beyond a region, it is all about the country moving forward!
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by swiftycool(m): 12:59pm On Apr 13, 2011
So it took the desperation for acceptance in order to win an election b4 the federal govt. could decide to repair a road that has destroyed businesses and resulted in several loss of lives for several years while still under the same pdp group. u guys better get all u can now o, cos i asure u if Gej gets back after election it will be back to the usual careless attitude. someone rushes to do all stuff just becos election is by the corner and u are fooled, c'mon wake up, i tot u were a NIGERIAN?
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by booboo79: 1:03pm On Apr 13, 2011
Who are you deceivin,

It took People Deceiving People (like Xtera2) 12 years to repair Benin- Ore Road. Like we will get constant Electricity in 2015, when they want to go for 2nd term

Wake up , Man, Your Destiny is in your own hands.

if you like vote rightly, Its only a fool that will kip doing the same thing for 12 years and be expecting a change
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by hasyak(m): 1:04pm On Apr 13, 2011
booboo79:

Who are you deceivin,

It took People Deceiving People (like Xtera2) 12 years to repair Benin- Ore Road. Like we will get constant Electricity in 2015, when they want to go for 2nd term

Wake up , Man, Your Destiny is in your own hands.

if you like vote rightly, Its only a fool that will kip doing the same thing for 12 years and be expecting a change

+6.5

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

You Can't Kill Your Way To Power - FFK Slams Fayemi / Ajuri Ngelale Knocks Wike: FG Not Taking Niger Delta Money To The North / Ahmed Idris Got N15bn Bribe To Fast-Track Payment To Oil-Producing States - EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.