Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,659 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) (19654 Views)

Benin Ore Road During OBJ Admin And GEJ Admin (pic) / Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! / The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by sparkle10(m): 6:44pm On Apr 13, 2011
You did not take any pictures?
Was in motion, couldn't have taken pictures, but I so badly wanted to.
I couldn't help but take some pics when I traveled on d road. I can't post from my phone now but will as soon as I get to the office tommorow.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 13, 2011
When I heard the news on the network, I thought it was really fixed, but its a big lie, I was there last week and will still be travelling by the same road this week, though work is going on there, but the road remain a disaster and stop giving us cooked lies
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 13, 2011
FKseun:

I will only make one proclamation:

IT SHALL NOT BE WELL WITH ALL THOSE THAT ARE TOYING & LYING ABOUT THE STATE OF THE BENIN-ORE ROAD!
CAPITAL AMEN
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by honeric01(m): 7:20pm On Apr 13, 2011
PapaBrowne:

^^^^^
^^^^^
Mr Honeric, I will probably be able to paste pictures for you later 2day!! So just chill. I said I passed the road and it has practically been fixed.  Fixing it was not what impressed me. It is the quality of fixing that impressed me.

It's amazing that you would be sad that a road that had been a death trap is finally being fixed. Thats a pathetic way to live. Lets forget the fact that its Jonathan that fixed it and lets just celebrate the fact that people would stop dying aimlessly on the road. Lets Celebrate progress, no matter where it comes from!!

Where in my post did i say i was sad the road is being patched? i only said you should post pictures if truly the road you passed through is better than what i posted, mind you, the road patching contract WAS AWARD DURING YARADUA'S time and they already started work then (late 2009/early 2010). i drove through the road enroute Benin and only just few kilometers of the whole dead trap was patched up. if I'm lying, post pictures of flash points we all know. especially ore, okada, sagamu side and other dead traps, lets see how a FIXED road PDP style looks like after 12 years.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 13, 2011
This topic is a lie.
I was on that road a few hours ago.
The potholes and gallops are still there, nonsense. angry angry
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 13, 2011
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 13, 2011
I agree with what honeric said before. The contractors "fixing" the road only patched it for less than a five minutes drive. The road is NOT in good shape.
Why are these PDP supporters lying?
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 13, 2011
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by intelligen(m): 7:52pm On Apr 13, 2011
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Reference(m): 8:00pm On Apr 13, 2011
Been quite a while since I was on that road so I cannot confirm it but the last time work was going on quite well. Folks, contracts fpr works on existing roads are always termed 'rehabilitation' or 'upgrade'. Only in very few instances does tne government upgrades roads these days. The work by RCC was very good, the thickness of the asphalt as impressive as that of the Abuja Airport - Yaradua Boulevard. Spare a thought for the Abuja - Lokoja duallisation. I've never seen such a mess. Apart from the alphabet soup of contractors handling it, sections built by Messers Bulletine construction, the clowns handling the Lokoja end (forgotten their name - playing checkers with large stones) and even RCC there are very, very poor. Setraco's handling of the Warri end of the ND highway wasn't impressive either.

Folks, name and shame is the game. Any more baddies out there.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 13, 2011
fellis:

I agree with what honeric said before. The contractors "fixing" the road only patched it for less than a five minutes drive. The road is NOT in good shape.
Why are these PDP supporters lying?

dude, its people deceiving people
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 13, 2011
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Concept(m): 9:41pm On Apr 13, 2011
Purpose for reason or reason for purpose leaders. Naija choose now. If you violate a lady and thereafter plead with money does that stop the shame associated with the unholy act? Be wise. Temi ye mi ooo.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Koikoi(m): 10:56pm On Apr 13, 2011
Haven't passed that road for quite a while now but with this mudslinging, who will I believe now on the fixing/patching of the road?
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by EkoIle1: 11:08pm On Apr 13, 2011
PapaBrowne:

^^^^^
^^^^^
Mr Honeric, I will probably be able to paste pictures for you later 2day!! So just chill. I said I passed the road and it has practically been fixed.  Fixing it was not what impressed me. It is the quality of fixing that impressed me.

It's amazing that you would be sad that a road that had been a death trap is finally being fixed. Thats a pathetic way to live. Lets forget the fact that its Jonathan that fixed it and lets just celebrate the fact that people would stop dying aimlessly on the road. Lets Celebrate progress, no matter where it comes from!!

Unfortunately, your puerile intent was to prop up and celebrate GEJ and never because people are dying on that road. This is nothing but your typical GEJ's followers shallow and absurd sense of reasoning, you're here gloating and shouting GEJ for what he didn't do and you don't even have any picture of the road you're jumping all over the place about.

I can't wait to celebrate the hundreds of FEds death traps all over Nigeria,

Talk about the usual PDP 419,
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by BetaThings: 11:13pm On Apr 13, 2011
Jah Man:

If this is true,then the problem of that road wasn't that of PDP but that of that Yoruba ape man called Baba Iyabo.He vowed to continue suffering the Igbos from where he stopped during the Biafran war.Ask the likes of Ibeto and know.
If the planned alliance of ACN/CPC adds to this info,then I am definitely taking my vote and that of my family away from Buhari and giving it to GEJ.

Do you guys really know how important that road is to Easterners?Our cost of doing business is grossly affected by the state of that road.

Naija is working,no be only Fashola dey work.
Obasanjo, one of the worst presidents we ever had. A yorubaman rejected by his own people. But we sent him to the presidenncy and he showed us. PDP's impoverishment of Nigerians started with him
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Primegold: 11:18pm On Apr 13, 2011
Well, I'm not into this politics thing but if the truth be told,I was on that stretch of road twice last week, and it's a VASTLY IMPROVED road! Aside from a small portion on which work is currently ongoing, the rest of the road is smooth. I had to perpertually caution myself to avoid doing over 150km! This is a big contrast to what it was a couple of months back when it is clearly a better option to fly to Benin and continue your journey from there.

Now like most common Nigerians, I really don't care who awarded the contract and all that bla, bla. What is important is that the road is now a pleasure to travel on. I hope  it remains same after the rains.

Finally, I look forward to a time when I can travel by train from Lagos to Enugu and by sea to Onitsha/Asaba.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by dondavids: 11:46pm On Apr 13, 2011
Obasanjo, one of the worst presidents we ever had. A yorubaman rejected by his own people. But we sent him to the presidenncy and he showed us. PDP's impoverishment of Nigerians started with him

Very True, , But whose fault was that.

Was it not the Northern political cabal that decided that the best person to rule Nigeria was OBJ, Maybe because He might have agreed not to probe them.

Until Nigeria breaks free from these Northerners that believe that they are the King Makers of Nigeria, This nation will never progress.

Fresh Air 2011,
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by cheikh: 12:18am On Apr 14, 2011
@PapaBrowne

Pls what's the distance from Benin to Lagos? What was your mode of transportation? Was it a bicycle or auto-car? tongue Why congratulate ineptitude and the President for doing their over-paid job? shocked. Why the propaganda and spin? No pictures?
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by ektbear: 12:34am On Apr 14, 2011
PapaBrowne:

No buddy, you fibbed!! Road construction OR rehabilitation in US takes longer than you've posited!! Simple 20 mile stretches are given 4 year timelines not to talk of a 400km road. In the link below you would find cost and duration of various road construction projects in the USA.

[url]http://southeast.construction.com/features/archive/0402_Feature4.asp
[/url]

Timeline of most of those projects on the site you listed is roughly 3 or 4 years? And it is major construction work, not simple maintenance.

I know what I've seen personally. There is a major street in my city that they did some maintenance on in different sections, about a 1 mile section of road. It was under two weeks of work.

Anyway, this 5+ year timespan you are suggesting we should feel comfortable with is ridiculous. If the FG cannot get the job done more rapidly, hand it over to someone who can.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by muta78: 7:24am On Apr 14, 2011
We should not be deceived, it is between isuwa village and edo/ondo state boundary that had been fixed which is 45km while between ondo/edo boundary - ondo/ogun boundary, ekiadolor/ benin axis are still as it was. The project was started before GEJ became president, then GEJ pple are trying to cajole us.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by madejibo: 8:25am On Apr 14, 2011
In an interview with okonjo Iweala, she said during PDP's 1st term, the govt approved and released over 300B naira for the rehabilitation of Benin - ore Road yet it was not fixed. No one is talking about the money any more. The minister of works at that time, chief Tony Anenih is not only a free man but a chief Campaigner of Goodluck for President, his wife is a minister in the Jonathan cabinet, a member of PDP BOT, please nigerians have to talk abt this, we don't only need resurfacing, let's vote out PDP
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by ektbear: 8:33am On Apr 14, 2011
madejibo:

In an interview with okonjo Iweala, she said during PDP's 1st term, the govt approved and released over 300B naira for the rehabilitation of Benin - ore Road yet it was not fixed. No one is talking about the money any more. The minister of works at that time, chief Tony Anenih is not only a free man but a chief Campaigner of Goodluck for President, his wife is a minister in the Jonathan cabinet, a member of PDP BOT, please nigerians have to talk abt this, we don't only need resurfacing, let's vote out PDP

What steps must I take to become a PDP BOT member? I'd like to replace Tony Anenih, lol. Imagine, $2 billion disappearing just like that.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by dantechnig: 9:01am On Apr 14, 2011
TH ORE ROAD HAS BEING AWARDED FOR LONG
INFACT WE SHOULD STOP PRAISING COMPLETED PROJECTS THAT HAS BEEN AWARDED FOR MORE THAN FIVE TIMES.
WHAT HAPPENS TO THE WHOLE MONEY EVERY YEAR
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by funken: 10:00am On Apr 14, 2011
Should we be crying hallelujah for something that is statutorily our rights? When you are elected to a position, you are naturally supposed to be doing these things - fixing/upgrading/recontructing/repairing/resurfacing/,  all these road, and also generally making life better and safer for the people. I dont believe in the political lingua "THE DIVIDENDS OF DEMOCRACY" as some people might term this.

Are these things dividends or are they not our rights as law abiding and tax paying citizens? We should not celebrate mediocrity by jubilating when people do what they are naturally supposed to do. Even if he has upgraded/resurfaced/reconstructed/repaired/fixed Benin Ore road, what about the billions that have been spent on "REPAIR" on paper? What about the people that were in charge when these "REPAIRS" were done? Where are the people that "REPAIRED" these roads? @PapaBrowne can you pls answer these questions?

@PapaBrowne i am not a Jonathan hater, however its the crowd that he is running with that i don't like. He might be a credible person but if he continues to surround himself with the kind of people that i see around him, he will be a hard sell to some people,
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by czay(m): 10:03am On Apr 14, 2011
At least let us give GEJ an applause.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Johns83: 10:48am On Apr 14, 2011
This was just forwarded to my phone:Today in Kaduna PDP disbursed N1.9billion in their bid to win saturday presidential election as follows:1. LGA returning officers N5mil each2. LGA Admin Sec. N3mil each3. INEC directors N3mil each4. All DPOs N500,000 each5. All SSS LGA N500,000 each6. Other INEC officials N2milThe monies were disbursed at Malali and U/rimi btw 10am to 1pm by1. Alh Hussaini Jallo2. Alh Hamisu Mairago3. Alh Lawal ismail4. Alh Mukhtar Yero (Deputy Gov.)PDP have a budget of N3bil per state against saturday election.Kindly inform INEC, EFCC, PRESS and Observers.Pls use ur phone to snap and record all dealings.Protect your vote.Vote Wisely
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by JUO(m): 12:07pm On Apr 14, 2011
bros u dey lie the motor wey u na plan? the maximum speed a bus cover in that road is 140-160. which kin motor carry u? from berger to ore is 2hrs30mins, lie, lie people. even covering 180 can't driver that. i took this picture last week

Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by JUO(m): 12:16pm On Apr 14, 2011
lie, lie people. we know the road is a little bit good but do not exaggerate

Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by oderemo(m): 12:25pm On Apr 14, 2011
i weep x 2 for nigerians if going by the above pic. we called improvement, then we are all in for trouble. and that to cost 300billa. haba.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by sleekman(m): 12:33pm On Apr 14, 2011
I had this same argument with someone in a bus while going to Benin from Lagos. In the 80's/90's it was possible to travel from Lagos to Benin in 2.5hrs. 3hrs was the average time it took most people driving at 120km/h to make it in 3hrs. I remember my dads staff driver used to cruise @ a constant speed of 120km/hr because my dad didn't like seed so he cruised at this constant speed to give the feeling that the speed wasn't much. The distance from Benin to Lagos is about 310km so tell me why someone can't make it in 2hrs 30mins driving @ 150km/hr on an assumed good surface. People fail to realize there are portions of the road you can do 160-180km/hr. In 2004 I drove an Opel leaving Benin at 1.25pm (Uniben Main Gate) and I arrived Lagos(Ojota) 4.00pm on a sunday. So I'm sure you did some mathematics and physics in school so do the maths.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by sleekman(m): 12:37pm On Apr 14, 2011
If in doubt as regards the distance between Lagos and Benin pls follow up d link below.

http://distancecalculator.globefeed.com/Nigeria_Distance_Result.asp?fromplace=Benin-City%20(Edo)&toplace=Lagos%20(Lagos)&fromlat=6.3333333&tolat=6.4530556&fromlng=5.6333333&tolng=3.3958333

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bianca Ojukwu Is Nigeria's New Ambassador To Ghana / See Photos of one Of The Three Flyovers In Abakaliki / Oshiomole Talks Tough To INEC Chairman Over Election Postponement (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.