Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) (19655 Views)

Benin Ore Road During OBJ Admin And GEJ Admin (pic) / Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! / The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 9:15pm On Apr 14, 2011
honeric01:

@PapaBrowne

WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR THE PICTURES OR IS THERE TRAFFIC ON THE ROAD TO WHERE THE PICTURES ARE?

Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by efisher(m): 9:34pm On Apr 14, 2011
Finally it is done!

Great job.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by honeric01(m): 10:39pm On Apr 14, 2011
@papabrown

Is this the best you could take? show up the picture facing the road, not sideway man, we want to see at least how lengthy the repaired parts stretch into just like some previous pictures we posted, we don't want sideway, show us the main view.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by makehay: 11:54pm On Apr 14, 2011
Well done GEJ!!
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Eziachi: 12:58am On Apr 15, 2011
mecussey:

Some people were just born to criticize and it's evil; he who does not appreciate anything good is evil. Let's vote GEJ, PDP is just the party.
In a real democracy, where you want your tax to work for you, why accept the that noisy old internet stuff when they can afford to give you a broadband? Often some of you forget that this is your money and you are employer of this politicians. I wonder how you will react if that Cook you employed to make your food decided to give you crayfish soup without proper fish/meat?
Will say well done to the cook?
Will you ask question?
Will you say, I will zip it, I am not born to critisize?
Will you even think about sacking him if the cook turn around and tell you to be grateful that you had even something to eat?

The road in question was build probably more than 30 years ago, when you can count the number of vehicle owners on your fingers per town compared to today's traffic. For 12 years of PDP govt, I am sure is enough time and money to turn it into a much safer 8-10 lanes, modern motorway with every modern/sophisticated road system.

What you're now getting from them after thousands of people had perished there is to go and patched up the holes on the road because its election time and that is good enough for you?
What is stopping you from telling JONATHAN that what he is giving you is a slap on the face and still vote for him? Even if heaven fall tonight, you are still going to vote for him, but why not tell him how you feel now you have the opportunity, because after next week, he may is gone forever till next four years?

When it comes to the amenities that benefit the public, there seems to be time gap on it compared to when politicians are the sole beneficiaries. It took one session of sitting only for members of national assembly to pass the bill that bumped up their salary by thousands of percentage but it took them a snail speed to approve a mere 18k Naira as minimum wage for workers and some of them are actually using it as campaign list of achievements without shame.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 1:01am On Apr 15, 2011
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 1:19am On Apr 15, 2011
Donlittle:

ok wait, i need to ask some question
how come your the only one with these pictures
No dailys in nigeria has carried it
no news station
just papa browne
i will be foolish to believe you

Sadly, the dailies print only what they are paid to talk about. There is no journalism in Nigeria. The only time you'll hear them talk about it is if the Government pays them to talk about it. It sad but its the reality!! If you know anyone that travels that road frequently, call them and ask them how the road is now. Maybe then, you'll finally believe me!!
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 1:24am On Apr 15, 2011
honeric01:

@papabrown

Is this the best you could take? show up the picture facing the road, not sideway man, we want to see at least how lengthy the repaired parts stretch into just like some previous pictures we posted, we don't want sideway, show us the main view.

I didn't snap the picture. Because you asked for a pic, I told someone that traveled the road to get me some shots. This is what was snapped. If after seeing this picture, you still have the effontary to doubt me, then for you, it is not about the road, but about your hatred for Jonathan. There's something called narrow vision and what you are doing exemplifies that. Jonathan is fixing roads whether you think Buhari is the right man for the job doesn't take away from the fact that Benin Ore road is smooth again.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 1:25am On Apr 15, 2011
Never been on that road in my life sha.

but i've seen pictures of it.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by muta78: 6:55am On Apr 15, 2011
Don't be deceived, I am using this road every week. Only ondo/edo state boundary to isuwa village which is about 50km is been rehabilitating while other section are still death trap. Also, the project had been started since 2008 december.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by funken: 8:33am On Apr 15, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Sadly, the dailies print only what they are paid to talk about. There is no journalism in Nigeria. The only time you'll hear them talk about it is if the Government pays them to talk about it. It sad but its the reality!! If you know anyone that travels that road frequently, call them and ask them how the road is now. Maybe then, you'll finally believe me!!

@PapaBrowne, information reaching me suggests that its even the state governments that this road passes through (ie Ondo, Ogun, Edo) that are taking the initiative to fix this road not the Federal Government.

BTW if it is fixing of this particular road that you are using to canvass for votes for Jonathan, then i guess you have just shot yourself in the knees with a double barrelled shotgun!!!! We all know how many times his people have "FIXED" this road. Even a minister wept on that same road more than a year ago, and why is it now that the roads are just being fixed?
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Demdem(m): 8:51am On Apr 15, 2011
PapaBrowne:

PapaBrowne, fine. what u posted was true but this is also true

muta_78:

Don't be deceived, I am using this road every week. Only ondo/edo state boundary to isuwa village which is about 50km is been rehabilitating while other section are still death trap. Also, the project had been started since 2008 december.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by osoisi: 9:44am On Apr 15, 2011
SOme of You guys are funny. How many times have we seen approved projects that havent been funded and so were stall for ever. YOu and I know these things so why make a fuss about a project going forward. If the GEJ government hadnt attended to it you wud have said he doesnt care about the problems of travellers. Please my bro travels this road every month and he says that the road has changed (not completed though). He was very impressed with the road and the pass of work on it.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Xfactoria: 9:52am On Apr 15, 2011
muta_78:

Shut up! Bloody liar! You will never know peace until you tell the truth. I guess you were always sleeping in the car/bus when you passed the road.

I did 4hrs from Benin to Lagos in January 2011 on my way back from Sapele, Delta State. The only part of the road rehabilitation remaining was asphalting of a section which in my opinion would not stretch more than 20km from Ore to Benin. That part had already been graded with stonebase by that time so by now I would believe anyone that says it has been completed judging from the pace at which the works were done. I studied Civil Engineering in school and I know a good road when I see one. That road is good and in fact about the only expressway I have seen with drainage at the shoulders.

You do not have to like GEJ but please try as much as possible to be objective at all times.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by funken: 9:52am On Apr 15, 2011
osoisi:

SOme of You guys are funny. How many times have we seen approved projects that havent been funded and so were stall for ever. YOu and I know these things so why make a fuss about a project going forward. If the GEJ government hadnt attended to it you wud have said he doesnt care about the problems of travellers. Please my bro travels this road every month and he says that the road has changed (not completed though). He was very impressed with the road and the pass of work on it.

@osoisi, are you saying we should keep quite about these things as they are "NORMAL"? Are you saying we shouldnt make a fuss when our economy is being raped and pillaged by the same people over and over and over again? Are you saying we shouldnt make a fuss and demand good govenance? Are you saying we shouldnt make a fuss about govenment accountability? Are you saying we shouldnt make a fuss about bad leadership?
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by na2(f): 1:24pm On Apr 15, 2011
am impressed if its true
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Pataki: 1:29pm On Apr 15, 2011
What is the difference between this picture snapped by honeric01 in January 2010 before Jonathan became President:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/423405_021420101165_jpgfaa4d512fc1eac7a37fa2f95480f4290

And

this ''recent'' picture as put up by our GEJ resident deceiver (PapaBrowne):
www.nairaland.com/attachments/424228_benin_ore_road_2_JPGf2da443e07417ecf6734ee12ceebb668
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 15, 2011
This is great, I hope the job done will last some time. At least 5yrs.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by EkoIle1: 2:10pm On Apr 15, 2011
Pataki:

What is the difference between this picture snapped by honeric01 in January 2010 before Jonathan became President:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/423405_021420101165_jpgfaa4d512fc1eac7a37fa2f95480f4290

And

this ''recent'' picture as put up by our GEJ resident deceiver (PapaBrowne):
www.nairaland.com/attachments/424228_benin_ore_road_2_JPGf2da443e07417ecf6734ee12ceebb668

No difference at all.

PB's pics and attempt is what you call pictorial 419, a typical GEJ'ish move.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 15, 2011
^^^
Is it a joke or you mean it? undecided
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by EkoIle1: 2:41pm On Apr 15, 2011
blink182:

^^^
Is it a joke or you mean it? undecided

Not joking.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Beaf: 2:45pm On Apr 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

Not joking.

Then it was dumb.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 15, 2011
Well will be travelling the road soon let me see for myself
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by squirell5: 3:10pm On Apr 15, 2011
Nice one osoisi. My cuz just came back from warri a few days ago & he sez the road is being repaired, though not completely. GEJ has just only been in power for only 8months & he has given a roadmap & plan which he is following, IN 8 MONTHS. Haba people lets be fair n square, GEJ has a better option & would see us through these phase. Nobody is asking anybody to be quiet but please be mature & sensible about your comments,
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by tlops(m): 3:27pm On Apr 15, 2011
so his presidential ambition needed to be threatened before he starts doing his job and keeping his promises, if he does not fix the one that leads to my house I will not vote, Beaf relay my message to GEJ.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by kazman7(m): 8:29pm On Apr 15, 2011
The Benin-Ore road has been in a terrible condition for ages now, i guess the resurfacing is a political gimmick at this point in time to win votes from that region
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by honeric01(m): 10:43pm On Apr 15, 2011
PapaBrowne:

I didn't snap the picture. Because you asked for a pic, I told someone that traveled the road to get me some shots. This is what was snapped. If after seeing this picture, you still have the effontary to doubt me, then for you, it is not about the road, but about your hatred for Jonathan. There's something called narrow vision and what you are doing exemplifies that. Jonathan is fixing roads whether you think Buhari is the right man for the job doesn't take away from the fact that Benin Ore road is smooth again.

Please don't get me started, what you posted is the same road that Yaradua awarded in 2009 before he died, the road was already getting repaired as at january 2010 and i even opened a thread and posted the pictures i took on my way from Benin to Lagos, the pictures i posted and the ones you posted have no difference, they are patched roads and was awarded by Yaradua, execution started since 2009 so please stop making it sound as if it was Jonathan that is fixing the road.

Secondly, if this kinda road is what you call dividend of democracy, then you no nothing about roads, go and check Lasu Iba road in Lagos (state road), then compare it with Lagos Ore road (federal), come here and tell us the difference. this road has been BAD since 1999 until Yaradua started the patching after alot of cries from people all over Nigeria, so please don't give me any useless crap here.

One more thing, the length of the road that was patched is not more down few kilometers, ask those who just traveled it and they'll tell you, the places that got patched are few kilometers away from ore, but before getting to ore, you'd go through the same hell it's been since 1999.

Just tell me the difference between the one you posted and the ones i took and posted myself.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Jenifa1: 10:53pm On Apr 15, 2011
of course it's election time so GEJ will start PATCHING roads. after the election then I hope many of u don't start regretting your vote.

besides, I don't see much difference between the 2 pics posted up there. one during Yaradua's era and 2nd one with GEJ.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Kilode1: 10:59pm On Apr 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

of course it's election time so GEJ will start PATCHING roads. after the election then I hope many of u don't start regretting your vote.

besides, I don't see much difference between the 2 pics posted up there. one during Yaradua's era and 2nd one with GEJ.

That's because you are not deluded.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by EkoIle1: 11:01pm On Apr 15, 2011
This papabrown dude and his GEJ cronies must really think people are st.upid,

You can not 419 people all the time,
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 15, 2011
haha damn look at the way they caught papa browne lies and co.
wonders shall never end with nlanders ooo
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 11:37pm On Apr 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

This papabrown dude and his GEJ cronies must really think people are st.upid,

You can not 419 people all the time,

Good news is that thousands of people have seen this thread and appreciate the conversion of the road from a death trap to a smooth and passable jolly ride! Many from those thousands would be voting Jonathan on account of the fixing of the road. So while you sulk in your bitterness at progress being achieved because you hate the achiever, my advice for you is simple. Tommorow at the polls, thumbprint [s]Umblllerrra[/s]. That way you wouldn't be wasting your vote on someone that the 'Law of Karma" would not allow to ever lead this nation under a democracy!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Members Of The Technical Aid Corps Deployed To Serve In Rwanda (photo) / Nigerians Shun Obasanjo’s Coalition For Nigeria - Daily Trust / Dogara Appoints Abdulmumin Jibrin As Committee Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.