Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,908 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) (31776 Views)

Joyce Ijeoma Begins 72-Hour Massaging Marathon To Break Guinness Record (Video) / Chinese Man With Coronavirus Symptoms Collapses In Lagos (Video) / Man Who Took Weed And Tramadol Collapses In Delta, Enters River To Cool Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 05, 2021
Naija is under CABAL SPELL... undecided
before our eye clear, There was once a country embarassed
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by alasane: 5:41pm On Mar 05, 2021
descarado:
This will reset his brain to do what others are doing. Start planning to japa.

Imagine me killing myself in any Nigerian hospital cos they born me to suffer.

The successful elite private hospitals pay peanuts too.

This country ain't getting better anytime soon.
We will shout patriotism when it favours us like the politicians and their drum beaters in every state.
*How To Leave Nigeria With 3k*

*Dangote trailer from kano to Lagos is 2k*
*From Lagos to seme border is 500*
*From seme border to cotonou town is 500*
*But if you want to go to Europe *****
*Kano to Jigawa is 500*
*Jigawa to Maradi by donkey is 500*
*Maradi to Sahara by camel is 500*
*From Sahara to Mediterranean sea is just 1000*
*From Mediterranean sea to Spain by canoe is 200 via flying boat is 1000..*
*So the choice is yours*
*If you want to go to America*
*Drop for Lagos ask for officer Magunus...3000 via boat but na 6 months journey...*
*Make e no come be like sey ah no give una update*
*Your destiny is in your hands*
*I come in peace*

4 Likes

Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by Starseed(m): 5:43pm On Mar 05, 2021
It was a sad moment for the health workers of the University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital (UPTH), when Dr Merriment(name withheld), one of the intern medical doctor ( House officer) collapsed and fell to his face after doing a 72hour call duty. The young House officer who was known to be hardworking was exhausted due to the intense workload in his unit (neurology unit).

It was reported that there was over 30 patients in neurology unit and he was the only house officer taking care of those patients.

When some of the doctors were interviewed, they
expressed dissatisfaction concerning the lack of house officers in the hospital which has subsequently created heavy workload for them. They poured out their hearts on the ill-treatments meted on them by their seniors as they are not appreciative to them despite lack of doctors and the efforts the show in meeting up the heavy workload. They expressed displeasure how their seniors have turned medical practice into modern day slavery. Even when the house officers are sick, they refuse to grant sick off and still force them to attend to patients otherwise risk being severely punished. The appealed that their national body ( NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF RESIDENT DOCTORS NARD), should hasten and help resolve the delay in paying house officers, plus other residents who have not also been captured under IPPIS.

It was also gathered that house officers in federal hospitals nationwide have not been paid for the past 2 months. However, UPTH has failed to employ doctors and nurses so that the workload on doctors and nurses would reduce.

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by Giddyprance(m): 5:50pm On Mar 05, 2021
descarado:

We will shout patriotism when it favours us like the politicians and their drum beaters in every state.
This mindset has killed countless people who have been rushed to the hospital in medical emergencies.
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 05, 2021
descarado:

He probably is already planning to japa.

The thing is, a s a doctor in this country, before you japa ,you have to complete your house job fully, before you can get your provisional registration upgraded to full registration....which means you can write PLAB and then japa on passing.
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by Cmanforall: 5:53pm On Mar 05, 2021
meipsum1:
In a global pandemic, the Federal Government of Nigeria has not paid her doctors ( House officers) since December 2020. The House officers are the youngest, most vulnerable and defenseless group of doctors and have no one to fight for them yet they are the most overworked member of the nigerian medical profession.

This situation has led to the collapse of an house officer in the University of Portharcourt Teaching Hospital in Rivers state after working for 72 hours straight. Yet as at today 5th March, 2021, these group of doctors all over the federation have not being paid January and February salary. A hungry doctor is a danger to the public and himself.

https://twitter.com/drpenking/status/1367736761397444611?s=20
Did they get his approval before posting this online?
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by Geesaintagape: 5:54pm On Mar 05, 2021
Fainting house officer is a common occurrence. It's not unusual but Nigerians can rant even when they know nothing about a situation

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by kalu01(m): 5:58pm On Mar 05, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see him getting well soon, I see Nigerians go to social media and rant about this ugly development, I see some necessary measures taking place for a short time, I see the problem persisting again due to corruption. This I have seen.
lol abeg wetin you see for next Liverpool game?
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by nwajesus12(m): 6:03pm On Mar 05, 2021
Samnavy:
Omo na Hungary ooo
are you sure it's not Switzerland?
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by cooooooks(m): 6:03pm On Mar 05, 2021
Let him move to Canada. I can help anyway I can.
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by fidelium7(m): 6:07pm On Mar 05, 2021
descarado:

Bros na money dem take dey japa. Nor be everybody o don complete
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by Slurity(m): 6:09pm On Mar 05, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see him getting well soon, I see Nigerians go to social media and rant about this ugly development, I see some necessary measures taking place for a short time, I see the problem persisting again due to corruption. This I have seen.
I saw your name and see the reason why.
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by Kwara1stson: 6:13pm On Mar 05, 2021
cooooooks:
Let him move to Canada. I can help anyway I can.
y u no help yourself
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by Topnotch16(m): 6:27pm On Mar 05, 2021
It's really uncalled for, the worst part is that
they're not even concerned. The CMDs and MDs are not saying anything. Nothing from FG and concern bodies. We are dying of hunger. We do most of the work in the hospital and they're treating us like this. It's well

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by ThatFairGuy: 6:31pm On Mar 05, 2021
Yet that buffon boasted to walk without security Because he ha done well
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by Tannhauser(m): 6:31pm On Mar 05, 2021
Kwara1stson:
y u no help yourself

Really? So you really think everyone on Nairaland is presently resident in Nigeria?
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 6:32pm On Mar 05, 2021
FalseProphet1:

Hahahahahaha!

Nairaland ooo!
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by Ghostmode2two(m): 6:32pm On Mar 05, 2021
Kriss216:
Someone collapsed and needed air, una still carry nose mask put for em face. Na so dem dey do am

They are all confused people. This country is on her bended kneels
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by Bukasint(f): 6:34pm On Mar 05, 2021
Geesaintagape:
Fainting house officer is a common occurrence. It's not unusual but Nigerians can rant even when they know nothing about a situation

Will you keep quiet...house officer having syncope attack a normal occurrence? People like you are terrible medical elders who add no value. People rant for what they have no knowledge of. May you be have CVD dia...anuohia.

3 Likes

Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by brandsoncharlie: 6:38pm On Mar 05, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Only you dey always see.

Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by brandsoncharlie: 6:39pm On Mar 05, 2021
Slurity:
I saw your name and see the reason why.

Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by Maski87: 6:43pm On Mar 05, 2021
If I am a doctor, you must drop something before I see you oo
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by Cryptomillion: 6:59pm On Mar 05, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by stasius: 7:01pm On Mar 05, 2021
Wicked government.

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by stasius: 7:03pm On Mar 05, 2021
Having wicked people in government is the worst calamity that can befall a nation!

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by eejo(m): 7:04pm On Mar 05, 2021
Kriss216:
Someone collapsed and needed air, una still carry nose mask put for em face. Na so dem dey do am

They should remove the facemask because he need air. Wahala for Doctor without Salary.
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by franchasng: 7:07pm On Mar 05, 2021
FalseProphet1:
this one na real prophet cheesy
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by cooooooks(m): 8:00pm On Mar 05, 2021
undecided

Kwara1stson:
y u no help yourself
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by Masterito(m): 8:14pm On Mar 05, 2021
Not just house officers, other interns including pharmacy, nurses, lab scientists have not been paid too. Stop all Al this useless politics. This has always been the practice.
Idyllic:
Not only in UPTH. House officers in all Federal Medical Centres and Teaching Hospitals in Nigeria have not been paid since December last year. This is really dangerous, it is like flying in a plane with an overworked and hungry pilot.
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by cococandy(f): 8:27pm On Mar 05, 2021
72 hour shift? God forbid. Anything after 16 hours is dangerous. After 12 hours I feel like I’m even pushing it.
Imagine not being paid on top of that for 3 months.

Just senseless. Senseless and inhumane.

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by sonofthunder: 8:28pm On Mar 05, 2021
Kriss216:

If only you know how many doctors that hospital has lost to covid-19

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? / Aliyu Jauro: Owners Of Faulty Vehicles, Generators To Face Jail Term / Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.