Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) (31772 Views)

Joyce Ijeoma Begins 72-Hour Massaging Marathon To Break Guinness Record (Video) / Chinese Man With Coronavirus Symptoms Collapses In Lagos (Video) / Man Who Took Weed And Tramadol Collapses In Delta, Enters River To Cool Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by vhuqnl(m): 8:36pm On Mar 05, 2021
AFONJACOW:
Find means even i nah to steal, do it and escape to Canada where they will appreciate you
Most of you just talk rubbish without information. Go to Canada and do what? Drive cab and be a conductor? Na so e easy to become dr for that side? Read and understand things. UK is the only place they can easily go and it's not even easy. U have to pass exams and even have money for the exams

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by slimdamatrix1(m): 8:38pm On Mar 05, 2021
Deny6:
sad

On it!
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by slimdamatrix1(m): 8:41pm On Mar 05, 2021
So sad!

This joke of a government won't pay doctors but have urgent money for bandits and kidnappers?

SMH!!

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by mechanics(m): 8:44pm On Mar 05, 2021
I wish him speedy recovery.
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by NaMe4: 9:00pm On Mar 05, 2021
The worst part is most, if not all government-owned health facilities (Federal and State) are grossly understaffed with thousands of eligible workers left jobless or underemployed.

The few they employ, they owe salaries.

I pray for a speedy recovery for this young doc. Falling face down with impact to the head has potential severe complications.

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by NaMe4: 9:12pm On Mar 05, 2021
Bukasint:

Will you keep quiet...house officer having syncope attack a normal occurrence? People like you are terrible medical elders who add no value. People rant for what they have no knowledge of. May you be have CVD dia...anuohia.

The very few of them, for their mind dey enjoy naija.

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by Exoclassic: 11:49pm On Mar 05, 2021
And you say make Dem no japa go yankee. Trust me this occurrence would not improve anything cos the people who are concerned no send us
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by calcal: 1:05am On Mar 06, 2021
This is very bad but why working without pay?

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by AFONJACOW(m): 3:15am On Mar 06, 2021
vhuqnl:

Most of you just talk rubbish without information. Go to Canada and do what? Drive cab and be a conductor? Na so e easy to become dr for that side? Read and understand things. UK is the only place they can easily go and it's not even easy. U have to pass exams and even have money for the exams
driving a cab in Canada is it not better than living miserably in Nigeria as you are currently living right now shocked
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by famzynet: 4:26am On Mar 06, 2021
Geesaintagape:
Fainting house officer is a common occurrence. It's not unusual but Nigerians can rant even when they know nothing about a situation
Are you even a doctor or what. The backwardness of the country has really twisted your mind into slavery. How can you make such comment of someone fainting at work because of exhaustion and greed of the hospital leaders as being normal? Your mindset needs rehabilitation and people like you are reasons why Nigeria remains backward. Have a real education man.

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by famzynet: 4:28am On Mar 06, 2021
AFONJACOW:
driving a cab in Canada is it not better than living miserably in Nigeria as you are currently living right now shocked
Abeg ask him oooo. A cab driver in Canada is richer than most consultant doctors in Nigeria. Quote me anywhere.
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by seguno2: 5:15am On Mar 06, 2021
descarado:
This will reset his brain to do what others are doing. Start planning to japa.

Imagine me killing myself in any Nigerian hospital cos they born me to suffer.

The successful elite private hospitals pay peanuts too.

This country ain't getting better anytime soon.
We will shout patriotism when it favours us like the politicians and their drum beaters in every state.

Will he japa with all his family members?
If oyinbos japa-ed instead of working on their environment and communities, will mentally lazy Africans be rushing there
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by seguno2: 5:17am On Mar 06, 2021
calcal:
This is very bad but why working without pay?

And some people who claim to be educated were masturbatinng over the state house clinic thread below instead of asking better questions.

https://www.nairaland.com/6444626/rivers-state-government-house-clinic
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by Nobody: 5:21am On Mar 06, 2021
Fake doctor.
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by tonyson010(m): 6:16am On Mar 06, 2021
Using the money to pay politicians and permanent secretaries.
Currently, politicians are not satisfied, so they collude with some people as bandits and get more pay.

Retrogressive country.
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by Godmademan(m): 7:11am On Mar 06, 2021
Kriss216:
Someone collapsed and needed air, una still carry nose mask put for em face. Na so dem dey do am
There is no evidence from the pix that the mask was covering his nose.
What he had likely resulted from low sugar and depleted blood level. I can see an IV line setup to correct the derangement so relax.
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by bigAG(m): 8:45am On Mar 06, 2021
Idyllic:
Not only in UPTH. House officers in all Federal Medical Centres and Teaching Hospitals in Nigeria have not been paid since December last year. This is really dangerous, it is like flying in a plane with an overworked and hungry pilot.

Omo. Its really terrible. House officers and interns too from other medical fields: medlab scientists, radiographers etc
This our country ba
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by vhuqnl(m): 9:01am On Mar 06, 2021
AFONJACOW:
U will get tired at a point. My point is, Canada is not it for medical people. UK it is.
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by DedeNkem: 10:27am On Mar 06, 2021
This is why doctors either move abroad or get loan to start their own clinic! Our hospitals are now death trap!

This is what happens when you elect incompetent and visionless morons!!
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by Wilson500: 1:05pm On Mar 06, 2021
The great Chinua Achebe was right when he said...THERE WAS A COUNTRY
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by sageb: 10:52pm On Mar 06, 2021
Tonye001, Binaowei please link me to NGO opportunities here in Port Harcourt.
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by hechno(m): 2:57pm On Mar 07, 2021
Masterito:
Not just house officers, other interns including pharmacy, nurses, lab scientists have not been paid too. Stop all Al this useless politics. This has always been the practice.
Are you justifying that it is normal they haven't been paid?
Re: Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo) by Masterito(m): 7:41pm On Mar 07, 2021
Please do your research, when a federal hospital recruit house officers and interns, you wait till 3 months before recieving your salaries. Note you will receive you will receive 3months salary at once. I also experienced this while in Nigeria, it is nothing new though I didn't like it. It has been a long time practice. Overwork or poor affected the intern doctor not the stipend. if it was the stipend, all medical and health care interns will be dying in numbers.
hechno:

Are you that it is normal they haven't been paid?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aliyu Jauro: Owners Of Faulty Vehicles, Generators To Face Jail Term / Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) / "Why Me?" - Beautiful Girl Scarred By Acid Attack Laments Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.