Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,145 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali (65806 Views)

Rwanda's Capital Kigali Is The Cleanest City In Africa / Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War / Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by oluayebenz: 11:46pm On Jan 22, 2022
Professorcplus:

C'mon get the Point of the message. Fine, we are not all rich in 9ja but we survived. Most people's experience only point to how expensive commodities are, majorly tourists and rich politicians live in the well developed part of the country, others stay in outskirts red muddy/dusty road channel, the only things people looking out for is doing business and enjoying the company of the youthful ladies.

So how do their male youth live or survive if majority lives below standard with underpaid jobs or being jobless and can't even afford vacations. Do they do internet fraud, online business, bandit whatever. I know more ladies sleep with rich guys for money but what do their guys do in such county.

I wish some could talk on that. I don't mind if you have any contribution to this.
Thanks

Mostly Motorcycle/okada
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by HorlarJP: 12:47am On Jan 23, 2022
Professorcplus:
Can't imagine how their poor citizens are coping with people's experience establishing business.

Can someone share or talk about their male youth. Do they do internet fraud, music, or what creativity do they use to earn a living especially in a case there's no job for common locals. All ears is yours. @ nwadikeokay11 and others

Funny enough They always survive , you would see a Rwandan guy that doesn’t have money drinking almost a crate of beer , only God knows how they get money without working, but sure they don’t do fraud , most of them doesn’t even use a good phone , but they just always have some cash on them to drink, they don’t joke with drinking beer here lol, and what I noticed is almost every family has a representative abroad esp Belgium and Germany so the said fellow they all sent abroad send them money home time to time … that’s just my thinking cuz the few Rwandan friends I have got family abroad . As a Rwandan they have easy access to first developed countries, the country isn’t cast or corrupt like Nigeria and they don’t like traveling out, the embassies are always dry lol
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Professorcplus(m): 5:34am On Jan 23, 2022
HorlarJP:

Funny enough They always survive , you would see a Rwandan guy that doesn’t have money drinking almost a crate of beer , only God knows how they get money without working, but sure they don’t do fraud , most of them doesn’t even use a good phone , but they just always have some cash on them to drink, they don’t joke with drinking beer here lol, and what I noticed is almost every family has a representative abroad esp Belgium and Germany so the said fellow they all sent abroad send them money home time to time … that’s just my thinking cuz the few Rwandan friends I have got family abroad . As a Rwandan they have easy access to first developed countries, the country isn’t cast or corrupt like Nigeria and they don’t like traveling out, the embassies are always dry lol
oluayebenz:

Mostly Motorcycle/okada

Thanks guys. If they can't afford fancy phone and doing pretty motorist, I doubt they will value education like here in Nigeria. No county has everything though.
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by nwadikeokey11: 11:29am On Jan 23, 2022
Professorcplus:

Thanks guys. If they can't afford fancy phone and doing pretty motorist, I doubt they will value education like here in Nigeria. No county has everything though.
Let me attempt to help out with the little info I know about Rwandan youths and guys. (1) They are mostly into bike and bicycle riding. (2) They drives buses, cabs, city and inter region big buses. (3) They are into petty trading. (4) They repair phones, computers, bikes, motors, etc. (5) They are into hair cutting (barber). (6) They work for international NGOs and some of them established their own little NGOs which they are using to get money from Europe, America and the rest, but they are not necessarily using the money for what it was meant for, (coded fraud) if you know what I meant. (7) They work as tourist guide. (8 They do agent work, like house agent and every other thing in that line. (9) They are into security apparatus of their country, like police, army, air force, etc. (10) They do security guards in shopping centers, companies, hotels, etc. (11) They are into whatever that would give them money legitimately. And lastly (12) This one is about their females. Those ones work as maids in peoples homes, they go to school, yes they love school. They work in restaurants, hotels, bear parlors, sales girls and lastly which is also their major. They prey on any available male visitor who just got into the country, they see you as their bank and milk you not just dry but empty and milk hell outta you.

4 Likes

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Marimart: 10:49pm On Jan 23, 2022
nwadikeokey11:
Let me attempt to help out with the little info I know about Rwandan youths and guys. (1) They are mostly into bike and bicycle riding. (2) They drives buses, cabs, city and inter region big buses. (3) They are into petty trading. (4) They repair phones, computers, bikes, motors, etc. (5) They are into hair cutting (barber). (6) They work for international NGOs and some of them established their own little NGOs which they are using to get money from Europe, America and the rest, but they are not necessarily using the money for what it was meant for, (coded fraud) if you know what I meant. (7) They work as tourist guide. (8 They do agent work, like house agent and every other thing in that line. (9) They are into security apparatus of their country, like police, army, air force, etc. (10) They do security guards in shopping centers, companies, hotels, etc. (11) They are into whatever that would give them money legitimately. And lastly (12) This one is about their females. Those ones work as maids in peoples homes, they go to school, yes they love school. They work in restaurants, hotels, bear parlors, sales girls and lastly which is also their major. They prey on any available male visitor who just got into the country, they see you as their bank and milk you not just dry but empty and milk hell outta you.
Chai
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Cypherhendrix(m): 5:57pm On Feb 06, 2022
HorlarJP:

Truth pls can i send u a PM
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Tamee(f): 3:38am On Feb 07, 2022
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Tamee(f): 4:02am On Feb 07, 2022
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Samdo4life(m): 1:26pm On Feb 07, 2022
Pls ooo if I have 4Million Rwf now I fit leave for ruwanda comfortable
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by nwadikeokey11: 8:01pm On Feb 07, 2022
Tamee:
Please How do we convert Naira to Dollar when we get there? And their own currency too.

They don't use naira in Rwanda so how are you going to travel with naira from Nigeria? NO, you convert your naira to dollar in Nigeria then when you get to Kigali Rwanda you convert your dollar to rwf, that's Rwanda franc, and you can do that at the airport or at any bureau de change. Don't travel with naira oo, because it will be useless in your hand over there.
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by nwadikeokey11: 8:16pm On Feb 07, 2022
Tamee:

How much should one have pls?
How much should one have for what? Well, before i answer that question can you tell me your purpose of traveling to Rwanda? Are you going for just tourism, you visit the country briefly and return back to Nigeria or you want to migrate to Rwanda, as in establish a business and live there? Let me know your intention of traveling there and i might be able to offer my cent advise. Thank you
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Tamee(f): 2:50am On Feb 08, 2022
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Tamee(f): 2:51am On Feb 08, 2022
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Tamee(f): 2:31pm On Feb 22, 2022

5 Likes

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by techjeff: 9:12pm On Feb 24, 2022
@
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by nwadikeokey11: 9:05am On Feb 25, 2022
techjeff:
Please beware of some Nigerian in Kigali rip innocent People coming to do business here or student. Don’t trust anyone sweet mouth you with things here or pictures of apartment or shop or business. They don’t mean good for you oo. I know a guy here with he’s girlfriend who rip innocents people off their money. They did the same with me and other Nigeria’s here.

If you need any information free to ask here.
How is Kigali presently, in terms of development, social amenities, infrastructural development and most importantly business. I have a guy that moved into the city this January and i get some info regarding the city from him but i want to hear from your own version. When did you move in there, how long have you been living there and what's your occupation over there.
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by TheLastQueen(f): 12:08pm On Feb 25, 2022
nwadikeokey11:
How is Kigali presently, in terms of development, social amenities, infrastructural development and most importantly business. I have a guy that moved into the city this January and i get some info regarding the city from him but i want to hear from your own version. When did you move in there, how long have you been living there and what's your occupation over there.
Kigali is very beautiful city. I live here currently and I love it. Weather so nice and the people friendly
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by nwadikeokey11: 8:58pm On Feb 25, 2022
TheLastQueen:

Kigali is very beautiful city. I live here currently and I love it. Weather so nice and the people friendly
You are a female right? Where do u come from and what are you doing in Kigali, who are you living with?
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Tamee(f): 9:49pm On Feb 26, 2022
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by techjeff: 1:03am On Feb 27, 2022
nice

3 Likes

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Lookandlaugh: 1:46am On Feb 27, 2022
Can you please sir,give us the name of the guy or his company's name,inrespect to the person you said,that has been ripping people off.So that we will know how to avoid him and his company.
Because there's a particular company from Rwanda,that created a thread here, on Nairaland,
That is always talking about investment, starting a company,getting PR,and so on, in Rwanda.

techjeff:
@nwadikeokey11

Kigali is nice and good weather this month of February is so cold,raining each day and development Rwanda was in the middle of an economic boom before the pandemic. social amenities 24/7 light and water here. the country is expensive to lives if you don't have any sort of income. Because most of things here are been imported from other nearby countries like Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania.
things here are been sold in dollar rate because of their currency. Rwanda is, by all measures, a poor country Almost 90 percent of the population lives on less than US$2 per day and half of its population lives on less than US$1 per day.
About business, few Nigeria doing business here not finding it easy some of them doing well. if you have a business or shop will pay three tax monthly for the government tax and security tax and rent tax. so if you want to do business here in Rwanda you most make more money than your income each month for the tax.
Don't let anyone to sweet mouth you Rwanda is expensive I know a friend closed his business this January can't manager it because of this Nigeria guy wrong information to him and he's girlfriends rip innocent Nigeria coming in the country. He will give you sweet story of business plans and offer to help you and rip you off your money. the guy is always on the site messaging innocent Nigeria coming to Rwanda for business or student. Please beware of him. the guy rip three of us Nigeria's with he's girlfriends.
please Nigeria becareful for who offer help to you on the site and always share any information you need here.
To before warned is to before harmed.

last I forget if you are playing football Rwanda is not for you so many Nigeria's is suffering here all the name of aboard and football way out. Rwanda doesn't spend money on football league.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by good4all40: 5:11am On Feb 27, 2022
I think it's better to mention the person's name or company l believe he is here on Nairaland alongside his girlfriend mention them so that people can abstain from them.

There is no point in telling us to beware of someone if we don't know the person.

3 Likes

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by nwadikeokey11: 9:06am On Feb 27, 2022
techjeff:
@nwadikeokey11

Kigali is nice and good weather this month of February is so cold,raining each day and development Rwanda was in the middle of an economic boom before the pandemic. social amenities 24/7 light and water here. the country is expensive to lives if you don't have any sort of income. Because most of things here are been imported from other nearby countries like Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania.
things here are been sold in dollar rate because of their currency. Rwanda is, by all measures, a poor country Almost 90 percent of the population lives on less than US$2 per day and half of its population lives on less than US$1 per day.
About business, few Nigeria doing business here not finding it easy some of them doing well. if you have a business or shop will pay three tax monthly for the government tax and security tax and rent tax. so if you want to do business here in Rwanda you most make more money than your income each month for the tax.
Don't let anyone to sweet mouth you Rwanda is expensive I know a friend closed his business this January can't manager it because of this Nigeria guy wrong information to him and he's girlfriends rip innocent Nigeria coming in the country. He will give you sweet story of business plans and offer to help you and rip you off your money. the guy is always on the site messaging innocent Nigeria coming to Rwanda for business or student. Please beware of him. the guy rip three of us Nigeria's with he's girlfriends.
please Nigeria becareful for who offer help to you on the site and always share any information you need here.

last I forget if you are playing football Rwanda is not for you so many Nigeria's is suffering here all the name of aboard and football way out. Rwanda doesn't spend money on football league.
Thanks bro for ur response, is really helpful and aptly said. I appreciate.
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by oluayebenz: 10:35am On Feb 27, 2022
techjeff:
@nwadikeokey11

100% truth.....

Still wondering how a Nigerian will decide to migrate to Rwanda... Rwanda is too poor and expensive to live at the same time.

Kenya is far far better
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by techjeff: 11:38am On Feb 27, 2022
@

1 Like

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by TheLastQueen(f): 2:12pm On Feb 27, 2022
nwadikeokey11:
You are a female right? Where do u come from and what are you doing in Kigali, who are you living with?
Am from Akwa ibom. I own a Nigeria restaurant and live alone

1 Like

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by nwadikeokey11: 4:56pm On Feb 27, 2022
TheLastQueen:

Am from Akwa ibom. I own a Nigeria restaurant and live alone
Wow, that's so great. Please where in Kigali are you, would like to meet you and also patronize you. I lived at Kanombe, right opposite Kigali International Airport when i was there. I will be coming there soon, so would like to hook up with you and also patronize you. Thanks.
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by nwadikeokey11: 4:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
techjeff:
@ oluayebenz:

I believe you know the guy I'm talking about here. He lives close to me. I can't mention he's name on the forum and he's company but I know he's always here at the site and has a groups he create here on Nairaland. I am using this as warming for him to know we Nigerians are watching Him and making other good Nigeria's coming to Rwanda becareful of the guy.

please if you need help of any information share it here for other to benefit and have Knowledge of what is going on in the country before coming down here. The guy in questions can't keep rip our brother here. we are Nigeria's trying to surviving and help our family back home.
Bro which part of Kigali are you and what type of business are you into, again how long have you being living in Kigali. Thank you.
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by techjeff: 6:53pm On Feb 27, 2022
@
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by NaGodwine: 2:26pm On Feb 28, 2022
@techjeff I agree with you on your post today about a Nigerian and his girl friend who lure people to Rwanda to come and invest, after coming here they take advantage of the inability of Nigerians who can’t speak the local language during transactions to extort them, we knew this people and if they don’t deviate from such act, soon they will face the weight of the law, every Nigerian who comes to this country came here to better his/her life not to be extorted or milked off there little hard earned money available to start there life, pls Nigerians always make it public here when ever anyone ask you to come and invest in Rwanda, we shall advice you publicly on what to do, pls don’t allow anyone private chat you or sweet talk you into coming to invest in Rwanda it’s not all rosy here many are hungry looking for who to suck, few days ago I was at the airport to see how I can convince the immigration to let a woman and her husband get stamped in but it was already late when I get there, this couple were lied to by a Nigerian travel agent who charged them for a visa free country and he tell them to deny knowing anyone at the point of entry, on the very day of coming that’s when he gave them a Rwandese driver number to come and pick them but after enquirers the immigration knew they lied and there were refused entry, because someone don’t want to be exposed of extortion, he made those innocent and inexperienced couple to waste there flight money and there goods too were returned back to Nigeria, I hope others can learned and be wise when trying to travel or any form of migration

2 Likes

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by techjeff: 3:34pm On Feb 28, 2022
@
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by mightymuy: 3:59pm On Feb 28, 2022
I intend going before the end of second quarter of this year
Tamee:
Who wants to move to Kigali? Let’s go together, we can contribute money and rent a space .

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply)

My Cousin Came Back From North Cyprus After 5years With Nothing / Which Visa Is Easy For Nigerians To Get In 2023 / Little Girl Found Lost And Drifting At Sea By A Cruise Boat (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.