Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali (66178 Views)

Rwanda's Capital Kigali Is The Cleanest City In Africa / Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War / Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by horlahsunbo225(m): 4:20pm On Dec 02, 2021
german89:
Rwanda my future destination. For chilling and hopefully gonna establish one or two different business over there in few years time. Amen.

Meanwhile..... This is for guys and babes da wanna work in Burkina Faso, Mali, Sierra lone, ivory coast and maybe Ghana in a multi international company that deals on jewelries, hospital equipment and energy.

6hrs duty
Saturday is half day
Sunday is off
250dollars every week
Free accommodation and feeding(twice a day though)
Requirements :International passport or NIN
18yrs and above plz.
Dm via my email ASAP.
May God strengthen and bless ur efforts.
AMEN.
So you don't have family and neighbor that need this job for you to bring it to nairaland

6 Likes

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by aganwoko: 6:23pm On Dec 16, 2021
Hello everyone. Can I relocate to Kigali from Nigeria as a Computer Engineer that specializes in Computer repairs, maintenance and installations. Do they have a computer village like they have in Lagos and Computer Neighborhood as in Abuja. If not, which location will be most suitable for this kind of services?
Please advise for I am planning to travel by January.
Thanks for your timely response.
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by 4everEdward(m): 3:59pm On Dec 19, 2021
aganwoko:
Hello everyone. Can I relocate to Kigali from Nigeria as a Computer Engineer that specializes in Computer repairs, maintenance and installations. Do they have a computer village like they have in Lagos and Computer Neighborhood as in Abuja. If not, which location will be most suitable for this kind of services?
Please advise for I am planning to travel by January.
Thanks for your timely response.

Yes they have it at the town of Kigali, NB: have enough money when traveling to Rwanda
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by techjeff: 12:00pm On Dec 26, 2021
Merry Christmas to everyone in the house. I need help getting a one room apartment. I will be coming on the 3rd of January. I need suggestion or direction or share agent information can get an apartment.
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by nwadikeokey11: 5:21pm On Dec 26, 2021
techjeff:
Merry Christmas to everyone in the house. I need help getting a one room apartment. I will be coming on the 3rd of January. I need suggestion or direction or share agent information can get an apartment.
Are you just going on tourism or to live there?
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by techjeff: 5:30pm On Dec 26, 2021
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Lamzee(m): 5:45am On Dec 27, 2021
Got to Kigali around 20:30 on 26th , was delayed by one immigration, he asked me to wait behind, asked many questions and i kept on telling him i'll be returning back to Nigeria. The representatives of the hotel i made reservation for was already waiting for me, they just called the name of the hotel and he responded, then we left.
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by techjeff: 11:17am On Dec 27, 2021
I guess the immigration office want to confirm your hotel booking before approved your visa. I hope they willnt be delaying Nigeria coming for tourism.
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Lamzee(m): 4:03am On Dec 28, 2021
techjeff:
I guess the immigration office want to confirm your hotel booking before approved your visa. I hope they willnt be delaying Nigeria coming for tourism.
Yeah, he asked me and I showed him booking reservations for the hotel. He asked for the money on me, told him and he insisted I bring them out. It was after then he stamped my passport
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by techjeff: 7:38am On Dec 28, 2021
@ Lamzee Are you still at Kigali right now? I have some questions want to ask you privately?
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by nwadikeokey11: 9:52am On Dec 28, 2021
Lamzee:

Yeah, he asked me and I showed him booking reservations for the hotel. He asked for the money on me, told him and he insisted I bring them out. It was after then he stamped my passport
I weep for Nigeria honestly. Even poorest Rwandan immigration now want to form with his master Nigerian? Wonder shall never end. May be that was your first time of traveling out of the country and you acted so primitively, not like a Nigerian, that could have given the immigration officer the impetus to treat you in that manner. Let me tell you and others this. If you are traveling to any African country or a country like Rwanda as a Nigerian, you ought to hold you head and shoulder up and high, never behave timid, because no matter how bad Nigeria is, no African country could belittle her citizen, unless you don't know who you are. That country respect Nigerians a lot, i would have refused to show him or her the money on me if i was the one and they wont do nothing. Next time behave like a boss, don't be timid and disgrace us, bro.

9 Likes

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Lamzee(m): 10:14am On Dec 28, 2021
nwadikeokey11:
I weep for Nigeria honestly. Even poorest Rwandan immigration now want to form with his master Nigerian? Wonder shall never end. May be that was your first time of traveling out of the country and you acted so primitively, not like a Nigerian, that could have given the immigration officer the impetus to treat you in that manner. Let me tell you and others this. If you are traveling to any African country or a country like Rwanda as a Nigerian, you ought to hold you head and shoulder up and high, never behave timid, because no matter how bad Nigeria is, no African country could belittle her citizen, unless you don't know who you are. That country respect Nigerians a lot, i would have refused to show him or her the money on me if i was the one and they wont do nothing. Next time behave like a boss, don't be timid and disgrace us, bro.
It was my first time of traveling and I was confident while responding to him.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Lamzee(m): 10:20am On Dec 28, 2021
techjeff:
@ Lamzee Are you still at Kigali right now? I have some questions want to ask you privately?
Yes
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by nwadikeokey11: 12:28pm On Dec 28, 2021
Lamzee:

It was my first time of traveling and I was confident while responding to him.
Thanks
It's all right bro, you did well. Just that I have never read or heard of their immigration treat any visitor that way. I lived at Kanombe, right opposite that Kigali airport, in fact if you scream loud in my house people at the airport will hear you, that's how close my house was to the airport. One day I went to the airport to change money and was stopped by a police sergeant to identify myself, which was normal because every one going into the airport is expected to have a means of identification, i had my international passport on me but wanted to see how civil their police are. So when the police sergeant asked for my ID i told him i didn't have any and he told me that i can not go in. I told him but i must go in and he said no, you can't, while we were arguing a 2star police officer beckoned on us to come. When we got to him he asked to know what the matter was, so the sergeant told him that i didn't want to identify myself, so the senior officer again requested for my Id and i told him that i cant provide it, then he politely told me that the rule says NO id NO ENTRY. I put my hand in my pocket and brought out my passport and handed it to him, the moment he saw the green passport and noticed I'm a Nigerian, he shook his head, laughed and said. Nigerians! and gave me back my passport and said go in. I smiled and went in. The point I'm making is that they have regard to their laws and they respect Nigerians and others.

3 Likes

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by nwadikeokey11: 12:31pm On Dec 28, 2021
Lamzee:
Got to Kigali around 20:30 on 26th , was delayed by one immigration, he asked me to wait behind, asked many questions and i kept on telling him i'll be returning back to Nigeria. The representatives of the hotel i made reservation for was already waiting for me, they just called the name of the hotel and he responded, then we left.
Are you there on tourism or you intends to live there?
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Agape123: 12:36pm On Dec 28, 2021
nwadikeokey11:
It's all right bro, you did well. Just that I have never read or heard of their immigration treat any visitor that way. I lived at Kanombe, right opposite that Kigali airport, in fact if you scream loud in my house people at the airport will hear you, that's how close my house was to the airport. One day I went to the airport to change money and was stopped by a police sergeant to identify myself, which was normal because every one going into the airport is expected to have a means of identification, i had my international passport on me but wanted to see how civil their police are. So when the police sergeant asked for my ID i told him i didn't have any and he told me that i can not go in. I told him but i must go in and he said no, you can't, while we were arguing a 2star police officer beckoned on us to come. When we got to him he asked to know what the matter was, so the sergeant told him that i didn't want to identify myself, so the senior officer again requested for my Id and i told him that i cant provide it, then he politely told me that the rule says NO id NO ENTRY. I put my hand in my pocket and brought out my passport and handed it to him, the moment he saw the green passport and noticed I'm a Nigerian, he shook his head, laughed and said. Nigerians! and gave me back my passport and said go in. I smiled and went in. The point I'm making is that they have regard to their laws and they respect Nigerians and others.

Which currency do you change inside the airport? Can I change naira there or just USD ?
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by nwadikeokey11: 12:54pm On Dec 28, 2021
Agape123:

Which currency do you change inside the airport? Can I change naira there or just USD ?
I changed dollar to rwf
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Lamzee(m): 12:56pm On Dec 28, 2021
nwadikeokey11:
Are you there on tourism or you intends to live there?
I’ll be leaving on the 4th

1 Like

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by techjeff: 2:10pm On Dec 28, 2021
@nwadikeokay11

Honestly you are right most of the Africa countries respect Nigeria a-lots and see us as money making machine just that our people always show they have all the money and break the laws in the county.my experience in Kenya earlier this year June was bad the immigration officer stop all Nigerians coming to Kenya on that flight and ask us to sit in one office and request $50 from us or you go back to your country. And l notice all other Africans is allow to go in Ghana and South Africa and the other nationality and the rest. And the immigration officer said me. You don’t know what to do? I said no and he ask again don’t you have brother or Friends here in Kenya that has explain to me what to do.I told him l don’t have anyone here just me and only here to tours visit for 2weeks and he said pay me. We are 10 of us from Nigerians hold at the entering at the immigration ask is to paid before going into the country. And the most painful part of all the taxi man that took me from the airport told me Nigeria here has money and big boy living big. I was surprise he charge me more each day he took me out on a ride to African restaurant and also request l should give him free money and also the house keeper of the apartment l later rented always request money from me. All l notice was that they feel Nigeria has money and big people. Even at the market it was wrong will add money on any items you want to me also experience it at Philippine. I believe with time Rwanda immigration will join Kenya immigration and request for money fee before allow in the country. Please don’t mind my English just sharing my experience in Kenya immigration at the airport.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by FiverrTutor(m): 3:18pm On Dec 28, 2021
I think why most young Nigerians are being harassed is because of their look and attitude. Why should you be looking rough and carrying dreads? Nigerians dress responsibly it matters.

1 Like

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by nwadikeokey11: 4:21pm On Dec 28, 2021
techjeff:
@nwadikeokay11

Honestly you are right most of the Africa countries respect Nigeria a-lots and see us as money making machine just that our people always show they have all the money and break the laws in the county.my experience in Kenya earlier this year June was bad the immigration officer stop all Nigerians coming to Kenya on that flight and ask us to sit in one office and request $50 from us or you go back to your country. And l notice all other Africans is allow to go in Ghana and South Africa and the other nationality and the rest. And the immigration officer said me. You don’t know what to do? I said no and he ask again don’t you have brother or Friends here in Kenya that has explain to me what to do.I told him l don’t have anyone here just me and only here to tours visit for 2weeks and he said pay me. We are 10 of us from Nigerians hold at the entering at the immigration ask is to paid before going into the country. And the most painful part of all the taxi man that took me from the airport told me Nigeria here has money and big boy living big. I was surprise he charge me more each day he took me out on a ride to African restaurant and also request l should give him free money and also the house keeper of the apartment l later rented always request money from me. All l notice was that they feel Nigeria has money and big people. Even at the market it was wrong will add money on any items you want to me also experience it at Philippine. I believe with time Rwanda immigration will join Kenya immigration and request for money fee before allow in the country. Please don’t mind my English just sharing my experience in Kenya immigration at the airport.
Forget English bro, who that one help. You are saying the truth, most African countries believe that Nigerians have got loads of money and can afford to path with some cash when threatened but we should know how to stand our grand and refuse to be cowed into submission. As for Rwanda turning into Kenya, i assured you, that will never happen bro, because Rwanda isn't a lawless country like Kenya. All the security operatives and paramilitary officers in that country respect the masses, only if you are against Kagame their president and their country that they would come after you with no mercy, apart from that, you have so much right as a civilian in that country that no security officer dares treat you bad. If only the brother had refused to show the immigration officer the money on him, he would have still stamped him in as long as he didn't commit any crime known to Rwandan law. As an African the Rwanda immigration law permits him entrance into Rwanda without him showing prove of fund. The only important things he is required to show the immigration officer at the point of entry are his international passport, prove of accomodation, that's where he will be staying in Rwanda, return ticket and verbally tell him the reason he is visiting Rwanda finish, he will stamp him in, he doesn't have to show prove of fund at all because by Rwandan immigration law, he is not permitted to do so. The immigration officer sensed panic in him and wanted to shine through him. Imagine a Rwandan immigration doing that to a Nigerian? That's preposterous. Can 95% Rwandans afford a vacation to a fellow East African country let alone outside of it? How dare an immigration officer of a very poor country like Rwanda whose president was begging Nigerians to come and invest in his country now threaten a Nigerian? Nah craze dey worry am. But bro, did you you and the others later give the Kenyan immigration the $50? A brother whom i met in Kigali told us his encounter with a Kenyan immigration in Kenya. The brother is a Nigerian doctor who resides in Tanzania and even married to a Tanzanian citizen. He had traveled to Kenya to make enquiry on a Kenyan university as he wanted to do a degree program there. According to him, on getting to Kenyan boarder an immigration officer on seeing a Nigerian passport with Tanzanian resident permit refused to stamp him in and instead wanted to stamp DENIED. The brother said he shouted at him and warned him never to put such stamp on his passport, and ask him to return the passport to him, he handed him his passport and he went back to Tanzania. Imagine such rubbish? A man who had traveled to many countries outside Africa, a practicing medical doctor and you want to kill his passport in ordinary Kenya? Something that didn't happen in Europe, America and middle East where he had both visited and lived and you want to do it here in Africa, Kenya for that matter? He said he warned the immigration officer not to dare it or he will witness real madness and he gave him back his passport. They know that what they are doing is wrong and a crime, so some times we need to be a bit vocal and mean, not to be timid.

5 Likes

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by nwadikeokey11: 5:03pm On Dec 28, 2021
FiverrTutor:
I think why most young Nigerians are being harassed is because of their look and attitude. Why should you be looking rough and carrying dreads? Nigerians dress responsibly it matters.
Did the guy tell you he was on dread? Let's even assume he was on dread, does that warrant him to humiliate him that way? Can he dare treat an American, European or even a Asian who is on dread like that?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by techjeff: 10:40pm On Dec 28, 2021
@nwadikeokay11

my brother you said it all so glad you met someone that has similar experience in Kenya immigration and how they treat Nigerians. let me answer your question bro,I give Kenyan immigration $100 because I have no small amount of money on me and the immigration refuse to give me $50 back my change. After the immigration exhausting money from 10 of us speak with other Nigeria that has friends in Kenya told me their friends explain to them already how much they will pay before allow to enter the country.it's so bad Nigerians is treating this way and Kenya of all people in Africa. As I said I don't blame them at all my people na cause am behaving as if they have money too much to Kenya citizen. I met a Nigeria guy who invite me to a birthday party of he friend a Kenya lady and also meet 15 Nigerians guys at the party came with their cars and they all buying Hennessey like pure water. omo each Hennessey na 25k boys just dey buy am anyhow. now you see why Kenya think Nigeria has money and treat us bad.

5 Likes

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by techjeff: 10:42pm On Dec 28, 2021
@FiverrTutor

no be by dreads be the problem Nigeria live big aboard take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by 4everEdward(m): 10:54am On Dec 31, 2021
nwadikeokey11:

You said everything boss, they respect us so much. In short you said it all

2 Likes

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Lamzee(m): 5:44pm On Dec 31, 2021
I was able to ordered Nigeria food today, thanks to someone that posted the site here.
I lost my taste since 3days ago and I’ve not been able to eat anything, only water. I got bread , sardine and big coke yesterday which I was able to try this morning.
I told the person to please add pepper and make sure it’s Nigeria type, everything was 16,360 RWF and it worth it cos I was able to feel myself back. Then I went to get drinks at the mall this evening.
I’m yet to finish the spag cos it’s much and I hardly eat, will deff come back to the rest.

Glad I can have my meal for the rest of my stay

3 Likes

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 31, 2021
Lamzee:
I was able to ordered Nigeria food today, thanks to someone that posted the site here.
I lost my taste since 3days ago and I’ve not been able to eat anything, only water. I got bread , sardine and big coke yesterday which I was able to try this morning.
I told the person to please add pepper and make sure it’s Nigeria type, everything was 16,360 RWF and it worth it cos I was able to feel myself back. Then I went to get drinks at the mall this evening.
I’m yet to finish the spag cos it’s much and I hardly eat, will deff come back to the rest.

Glad I can have my meal for the rest of my stay

ABEG POST PICTURES, ARE U THERE FOR HOLIDAY OR SCHOOL ?
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by honyham: 3:17pm On Jan 02, 2022
Good work my brother all your submission are facts you can only do business in that country not to look for job
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Cypherhendrix(m): 8:54pm On Jan 20, 2022
Why am i just seeing this thread
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Professorcplus(m): 4:34pm On Jan 21, 2022
Can't imagine how their poor citizens are coping with people's experience establishing business.

Can someone share or talk about their male youth. Do they do internet fraud, music, or what creativity do they use to earn a living especially in a case there's no job for common locals. All ears is yours. @ nwadikeokay11 and others
Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by ppforte: 12:01pm On Jan 22, 2022
Professorcplus:
Can't imagine how their poor citizens are coping with people's experience establishing business.

Can someone share or talk about their male youth. Do they do internet fraud, music, or what creativity do they use to earn a living especially in a case there's no job for common locals. All ears is yours. @ nwadikeokay11 and others

Calling a country poor as if we are all rich in Nigeria smh

1 Like

Re: MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali by Professorcplus(m): 12:15pm On Jan 22, 2022
ppforte:

Calling a country poor as if we are all rich in Nigeria smh
C'mon get the Point of the message. Fine, we are not all rich in 9ja but we survived. Most people's experience only point to how expensive commodities are, majorly tourists and rich politicians live in the well developed part of the country, others stay in outskirts red muddy/dusty road channel, the only things people looking out for is doing business and enjoying the company of the youthful ladies.

So how do their male youth live or survive if majority lives below standard with underpaid jobs or being jobless and can't even afford vacations. Do they do internet fraud, online business, bandit whatever. I know more ladies sleep with rich guys for money but what do their guys do in such county.

I wish some could talk on that. I don't mind if you have any contribution to this.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply)

What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? / My Uber Driver Came With 4matic, Gave My Baby A Seat And Also A Toy To Play With / Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.