Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra - Properties (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra (76165 Views)

The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" / The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:07pm On Jun 28, 2021
Pictures from our roofing works on this house......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by michlins(m): 10:20pm On Jun 28, 2021
I for like flat roof for here. This house is already very tall. At 20ft, it's high enough in my opinion

Your neighbors are going to feel the intimidation to the bone

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:20pm On Jun 28, 2021
More pictures.......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:26pm On Jun 28, 2021
michlins:
I for like flat roof for here. This house is already very tall. At 20ft, it's high enough in my opinion

Your neighbors are going to feel the intimidation to the bone

I understand, but the owner of this house wants a really tall building, and planned it down to the details. I enjoy the gasp of all people who came to look at this house, everyone of them always tells me that this house completely "unusual" in a good way. grin

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by michlins(m): 10:29pm On Jun 28, 2021
spyder880:

I understand, but the owner of this house wants a really tall building, and planned it down to the details. I enjoy the gasp of all people who came to look at this house, everyone of them always tells me that this house completely "unusual" in a good way. grin
the neighbors are yet to see anything.

All the duplex are now dwarfed by this bungalow. In a place like Nnewi with no address system, this house will be the new focal point of address.

"If you reach that bungalow that's taller than duplex, you take right turn and ask for Mr Amechi"

No be wahala for duplex owners be this

13 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by jiday4(m): 9:07am On Jun 29, 2021
michlins:
the neighbors are yet to see anything.

All the duplex are now dwarfed by this bungalow. In a place like Nnewi with no address system, this house will be the new focal point of address.

"If you reach that bungalow that's taller than duplex, you take right turn and ask for Mr Amechi"

No be wahala for duplex owners be this

You are very right , the house is going to be a point of reference.
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by TCD: 10:01am On Jun 29, 2021
Is there any particular benefit of high bungalows like this beyond aesthetics?

I imagine it will be very costly to cool with AC. And rooms will be like sleeping in a hall.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:44am On Jun 29, 2021
TCD:
Is there any particular benefit of high bungalows like this beyond aesthetics?

I imagine it will be very costly to cool with AC. And rooms will be like sleeping in a hall.

Yes I know it will be costly to cool, that's why we are thinking of using fancy blocks to aerate the upper section of the rooms against heat congestion which might lead to dampness. The air conditioning might not reach all the way up.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by bixton(m): 11:55am On Jun 29, 2021
spyder880:

Yes I know it will be costly to cool, that's why we are thinking of using fancy blocks to aerate the upper section of the rooms against heat congestion which might lead to dampness. The air conditioning might not reach all the way up.

If you use these fancy blocks will it not deface the house and also is that not an avenue to increased insects and pests into the building?

Have you considered using ceiling mounted ACs or a combination of ceiling mounted fans and standing unit ACs in appropriate position.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 1:13pm On Jun 29, 2021
bixton:

If you use these fancy blocks will it not deface the house and also is that not an avenue to increased insects and pests into the building?

Have you considered using ceiling mounted ACs or a combination of ceiling mounted fans and standing unit ACs in appropriate position.

Ceiling mounted ACs are good, but the risk of the effect not reaching to the floor, owing to the very high ceiling is my fear, I think we need to look at the products in the market to know what to buy. I don't think a slanted fancy block like this one can deface a building, I can always use a wire mesh to properly close the opening from the outside so that it will both mask the look, and also prevent insects etc from entering the opening.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:20pm On Jun 29, 2021
We have just peeled out the wooden formwork, to reveal the parapet fascia for the first time.........

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:29pm On Jun 29, 2021
I now have many more hands on site, work on this site is about to experience some speed..........

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:03pm On Jun 29, 2021
So, let's dress the parapet fascia........... still working.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:07pm On Jun 29, 2021
More men join in on the top of the house.......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:11pm On Jun 29, 2021
More from this work......

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:14pm On Jun 29, 2021
Remember the guys on the roof, they're still hammering away to complete the roof skeleton.......

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 5:18am On Jul 01, 2021
The long windows getting ready, we will fit it with glass soon.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by joyousmother2016: 6:45pm On Jul 01, 2021
spyder880:
The long windows getting ready, we will fit it with glass soon.

So where is the entry door?
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:58pm On Jul 01, 2021
joyousmother2016:

Not ready yet.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by michlins(m): 9:51pm On Jul 01, 2021
joyousmother2016:

shey even you is as anxious as I am about this project
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by gbengazi2014: 10:24pm On Jul 01, 2021
I am a property consultant. Contact us on 07065586316 (whatsapp) or visit our page God's Own Properties on Facebook to buy or sell your land or house in Abuja FCT.
We also let and lease accommodation and manage properties in Abuja.

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 12:02am On Jul 02, 2021
My team of plastering workers are very busy working on the external surfaces of this house.......

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 12:07am On Jul 02, 2021
More pictures of what they've so far achieved........

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 12:16am On Jul 02, 2021
Left hand side of this house ..........

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 12:20am On Jul 02, 2021
Right hand side........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 12:27am On Jul 02, 2021
The ongoing roofing wood frames.......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by Mutemenot(m): 5:18am On Jul 02, 2021
spyder880:
Treating more wall surfaces here, maximum smoothness is what we aim to achieve ............

Well work sir... pls what is the ratio of your sharp sand to the plastering sand?
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:20am On Jul 02, 2021
Mutemenot:

Well work sir... pls what is the ratio of your sharp sand to the plastering sand?

There's no defined ratios here because we're using up to 3 or more sand types to mix. We mix to suit what we want to achieve on any wall.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by Mutemenot(m): 8:42am On Jul 02, 2021
spyder880:

There's no defined ratios here because we're using up to 3 or more sand types to mix. We mix to suit what we want to achieve on any wall.

Good... I noticed the varieties of sand you have there.... if u aren't using your plastering men for now, u can lend them to me for a small plastering job within Anambra...
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:27am On Jul 02, 2021
Mutemenot:

Good... I noticed the varieties of sand you have there.... if u aren't using your plastering men for now, u can lend them to me for a small plastering job within Anambra...

They are quite busy o. About 2 other jobs are waiting for them as soon as they complete this one next week.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by Mutemenot(m): 9:32am On Jul 02, 2021
spyder880:

They are quite busy o. About 2 other jobs are waiting for them as soon as they complete this one next week.

Ok...thanks bro
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by joyousmother2016: 8:59am On Jul 03, 2021
spyder880:
My team of plastering workers are very busy working on the external surfaces of this house.......

Why is the entry door small? I expected a high/huge door. I can't wait to see the finishing of this building.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (46) (Reply)

The 1991 Receipt For 3 Bags Of Cement Found In His Grandma's Box (Photo) / Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? / Most Expensive Buildings In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.