Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra (76101 Views)

The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" / The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:49am On May 22, 2021
We are almost done with the walls here, almost all the walls has attained the specified building height. Next, we move for the tank base on the top of the kitchen.
Parapet works will also be ongoing at the same time.

More pictures later.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by tranxo(m): 7:50am On May 22, 2021
spyder880:
We are almost done with the walls here, almost all the walls has attained the specified building height. Next, we move for the tank base on the top of the kitchen.
Parapet works will also be ongoing at the same time.

More pictures later.
No space in the compound for a stanchion? I hardly see any tank on decking where water hasn't done some damage.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:07am On May 22, 2021
tranxo:

No space in the compound for a stanchion? I hardly see any tank on decking where water hasn't done some damage.

It's a big concern, but we will work on the tank stand.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by tranxo(m): 8:09am On May 22, 2021
spyder880:

It's a big concern, but we will work on the tank stand.
Okay boss

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by KolaShangOne(m): 9:35am On May 22, 2021
spyder880:
The front of this house today........

Eye catching.
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:57am On May 22, 2021
KolaShangOne:

Eye catching.

Welcome Sir.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by KIDfurniture(m): 5:12pm On May 24, 2021
Where ur client dey see this money ? Plz help me collect small soap

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by BiigTee: 9:47am On May 25, 2021
Could u kindly buttress more on the implications of the tank on decking issue u spoke of.. I am almost at this stage of my project
tranxo:

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by michlins(m): 9:56am On May 25, 2021
BiigTee:
Could u kindly buttress more on the implications of the tank on decking issue u spoke of.. I am almost at this stage of my project
don't do it. Water is very heavy so adding such weight to your foundation will bring about cracks in no distance time especially if the foundation isn't prepared for it.

How about water leaking from the taps and dropping into the house and if it's pop ceiling,it immediately gets condemned.

How do you fix issues with leakage and routine washing of the tank. Just don't do it. Do a separate tank stand even though it's expensive but it's safer and better

6 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by BiigTee: 2:32pm On May 25, 2021
I really appreciate this!
michlins:
don't do it. Water is very heavy so adding such weight to your foundation will bring about cracks in no distance time especially if the foundation isn't prepared for it.

How about water leaking from the taps and dropping into the house and if it's pop ceiling,it immediately gets condemned.

How do you fix issues with leakage and routine washing of the tank. Just don't do it. Do a separate tank stand even though it's expensive but it's safer and better

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 11:11pm On May 25, 2021
Update pictures from this beautiful building..........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 11:22pm On May 25, 2021
The whole front of the building..........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 11:26pm On May 25, 2021
More.........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:04am On May 26, 2021
A short video clip showing the front of this building

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J_4mDxP_mI

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 1:56pm On May 26, 2021
This house might need to grow higher, we need to get the design above the windows right and the space between window lintel and parapet seems small now. We might add another 2 courses of blocks to this house............

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by hofeshhomes: 2:30pm On May 26, 2021
spyder880:
.Our next work was to measure out the building space, taking time to allocate the right spaces in between the fence and the building itself..........

Drawback you mean
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 4:41pm On May 26, 2021
hofeshhomes:

Drawback you mean

Yes, setbacks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by sonnie10: 6:29pm On May 26, 2021
spyder880:
This house might need to grow higher, we need to get the design above the windows right and the space between window lintel and parapet seems small now. We might add another 2 courses of blocks to this house............

Hmmm. Why not you do another design. Fear dey catch me!

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:17pm On May 27, 2021
sonnie10:

Hmmm. Why not you do another design. Fear dey catch me!

Welcome my man, the height needs to go up for that actual design to become as balanced as it is on the visuals. We are going to start working on increasing the head room as from tomorrow morning.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:28pm On May 27, 2021
We are also gearing up to start working on the internal plumbing piping, electrical piping, provision of electrical wires, thunder arrestor equipment, external scaffolding and then the plastering of this building.

I am already feeling that this house will be exceptionally beautiful.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by michlins(m): 9:45pm On May 27, 2021
spyder880:
We are also gearing up to start working on the internal plumbing piping, electrical piping, provision of electrical wires, thunder arrestor equipment, external scaffolding and then the plastering of this building.

I am already feeling that this house will be exceptionally beautiful.
if you build am finish and God willing the owner no like am, I will love it forever.

Trust me if I have the funds, this is my dream home. Everywhere will be glass and green

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by Phildecasa(m): 2:49pm On May 28, 2021
michlins:
if you build am finish and God willing the owner no like am, I will love it forever.

Trust me if I have the funds, this is my dream home. Everywhere will be glass and green

Thanks for the compliments. Casa-Phils and Tigerkenn are here for you. smiley
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by mufutau55(m): 3:24pm On May 28, 2021
Phildecasa:

Thanks for the compliments. Casa-Phils and Tigerkenn are here for you. smiley

You and Spyder are good together. I have followed your other designs; you are surely talented. Thanks.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by RobbStark(m): 6:25pm On May 28, 2021
spyder880:
Lintels in preparation.......

Oga Spyder, is it wrong to make the reinforcements of the lintels sitting on blocks to three rods instead of the regular square just to save some cost, especially as the price of rods keep going higher
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 9:28pm On May 28, 2021
RobbStark:

Oga Spyder, is it wrong to make the reinforcements of the lintels sitting on blocks to three rods instead of the regular square just to save some cost, especially as the price of rods keep going higher

Only the site engineer, or any other professional, having seen the building plans can make that decision. Welcome bro.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:42am On May 29, 2021
Bringing in some more building materials so we can continue..........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by tranxo(m): 5:28pm On May 29, 2021
The truck has finally revealed the scale of this "bungalow."

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:25pm On Jun 01, 2021
We are still raising the head room of this house.......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:28pm On Jun 01, 2021
Inside.......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by michlins(m): 8:37pm On Jun 01, 2021
Trust me I love this job but personally I would love it if the doors are a bit wider like up to 4ft and taller to about 9ft. That way, it will have maximum lightening and air.

Not that it's a problem now but then "why have big when you can get bigger"

5 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by Beframia: 9:50pm On Jun 02, 2021
I kinda share in your opinion, especially the external doors. It will compliment the height of the building. From my mind's eye, doing the usual (is it 7ft high doors?) will make the build look like a giant putting on an infant's pre-walker shoes ...lol.

@ Spyder880, you are doing wonderfully well sir.

michlins:
Trust me I love this job but personally I would love it if the doors are a bit wider like up to 4ft and taller to about 9ft. That way, it will have maximum lightening and air.

Not that it's a problem now but then "why have big when you can get bigger"

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by jabolo(m): 9:59pm On Jun 02, 2021
spyder880:
We are still raising the head room of this house.......

From the pictures, I see the window hood protuberance done with blocks. Mine was all-cement plaster requiring a skilfull artisan.

Another cost saving tip?

Congratulations on the building progress and thanks for continuing to share so generously. Stay safe too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (46) (Reply)

The 1991 Receipt For 3 Bags Of Cement Found In His Grandma's Box (Photo) / Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? / Most Expensive Buildings In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.