Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,426 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra (76109 Views)

The Making Of The "Owerri Royal Manor" / The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:39am On Jun 03, 2021
jabolo:

From the pictures, I see the window hood protuberance done with blocks. Mine was all-cement plaster requiring a skilfull artisan.

Another cost saving tip?

Congratulations on the building progress and thanks for continuing to share so generously. Stay safe too.

Yes it's a cost saving move I started implementing from the beginning because I cannot be very sure if the plastering method will hold for very long, considering the weight of the protruding design. This way I will be sure of its durability. Thanks and welcome once again Sir.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 7:42am On Jun 03, 2021
Current looks as we move on........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:02am On Jun 03, 2021
Beframia:
I kinda share in your opinion, especially the external doors. It will compliment the height of the building. From my mind's eye, doing the usual (is it 7ft high doors?) will make the build look like a giant putting on an infant's pre-walker shoes ...lol.

@ Spyder880, you are doing wonderfully well sir.

Nice analogy, we have made sure to raise the front entrance that is most visible from the outside to about 12 feet high (marked in red), the space will be without a door, but all internal doors are about 8 foot high. Welcome bro.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by tranxo(m): 10:16am On Jun 03, 2021
spyder880:

Nice analogy, we have made sure to raise the front entrance that is most visible from the outside to about 12 feet high (marked in red), the space will be without a door, but all internal doors are about 8 foot high. Welcome bro.
width nko?
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 11:02am On Jun 03, 2021
tranxo:
width nko?

Of course I thought about it, I thought about removing those blocks (marked) I added on the side of the opening from the beginning, but later thought against it. The walls tends to shield the porch from direct sunlight, or prying eyes.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by michlins(m): 11:13am On Jun 03, 2021
spyder880:

Of course I thought about it, I thought about removing those blocks (marked) I added on the side of the opening from the beginning, but later thought against it. The walls tends to shield the porch from direct sunlight, or prying eyes.
to perfect this job in my opinion, you need glass doors that are translucent from outside. Then they need to be 4ft wide and 8ft long. I watch Hollywood too much and it's affecting my opinion sha

I don't know why am so passionate about this project sef

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 11:36am On Jun 03, 2021
michlins:
to perfect this job in my opinion, you need glass doors that are translucent from outside. Then they need to be 4ft wide and 8ft long. I watch Hollywood too much and it's affecting my opinion sha

I don't know why am so passionate about this project sef

A lot of people had looked at this front view plan and thought that there is a sort of door on the outside of this entrance, but the glass you see inside is actually the window of the waiting room inside, not a door. The plan is for the opening to be an entrance, not a door.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by michlins(m): 11:57am On Jun 03, 2021
spyder880:

A lot of people had looked at this front view plan and thought that there is a sort of door on the outside of this entrance, but the glass you see inside is actually the window of the waiting room inside, not a door. The plan is for the opening to be an entrance, not a door.
now this is very good. Probably we have been looking at it all wrong.

I full ground here following

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by Badgers14: 4:46pm On Jun 03, 2021
spyder880:

Oga Spyder880.

Just out of curiosity, why did your client settle for this building height for a bungalow?

I am not saying it is wrong, I love high ceilings myself but was just curious to see from your clients perspective.

Are they a family of giants? Or they have other reasons in mind?

I am Not critiquing their position in anyway, just want to see things from their point of view because a building like this is very unusual in our Nigeria society.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by KIDfurniture(m): 5:03am On Jun 04, 2021
When you have money in Nigeria, it's best you go for uncommon designs. The owner is obviously rich.
I like this more .. duplex is old fashion and too common.

Badgers14:

Oga Spyder880.

Just out of curiosity, why did your client settle for this building height for a bungalow?

I am not saying it is wrong, I love high ceilings myself but was just curious to see from your clients perspective.

Are they a family of giants? Or they have other reasons in mind?

I am Not critiquing their position in anyway, just want to see things from their point of view because a building like this is very unusual in our Nigeria society.
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by Badgers14: 6:33am On Jun 04, 2021
KIDfurniture:
When you have money in Nigeria, it's best you go for uncommon designs. The owner is obviously rich.
I like this more .. duplex is old fashion and too common.

Offcourse, nothing is wrong with the design, I was just curious if the owner had other reasons why they choose it.

I like cathedral ceilings myself and one of the reasons is it circulates heat better, the house won't get too hot. It looks majestic in my view and I just like it.

I have a friend that doesn't like it, he says, it costs a lot of money to heat up grin and the AC during warmer weather. Too much bill and also it looks scary to him.. imagine lying on your bed and the ceiling is that high.. grin for some people, they don't care, for some, they like it.

I was just curious on the client's perspective that's all.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by KIDfurniture(m): 8:41am On Jun 04, 2021
My brother , greetings I get ur message clearly. Cooling aspect of such building will require cooling system with high capacity. The best for such is the type used in malls. I pray for the resources to develop one in my country home soon. Otherwise , how u r doing ?

Badgers14:

Offcourse, nothing is wrong with the design, I was just curious if the owner had other reasons why they choose it.

I like cathedral ceilings myself and one of the reasons is it circulates heat better, the house won't get too hot. It looks majestic in my view and I just like it.

I have a friend that doesn't like it, he says, it costs a lot of money to heat up grin and the AC during warmer weather. Too much bill and also it looks scary to him.. imagine lying on your bed and the ceiling is that high.. grin for some people, they don't care, for some, they like it.

I was just curious on the client's perspective that's all.
Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:19pm On Jun 05, 2021
I will come back to all questions later. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:27pm On Jun 05, 2021
Mechanical piping works in this site.........

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:32pm On Jun 05, 2021
More on mechanical works.......

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:34pm On Jun 05, 2021
Electrical piping works.........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:39pm On Jun 05, 2021
Front of the house............

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:46pm On Jun 05, 2021
More of this house as we complete the bamboo scaffolding..........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:53pm On Jun 05, 2021
A view over the house..........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:58pm On Jun 05, 2021
Inside different rooms being worked on.........

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:26am On Jun 09, 2021
Today, we plan to commence works on the parapet fascia of this house, roofing works to follow immediately as I purchase more materials for both.

More pictures later.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:56am On Jun 10, 2021
We bought more wood today for the parapet of this house, offloading now........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 10:57am On Jun 10, 2021
Plastering team also arrived to start work today.........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:45pm On Jun 10, 2021
Parapet carpentry work starts........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 8:50pm On Jun 10, 2021
Working on walls today.........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 6:04pm On Jun 11, 2021
We went to the market, and cut the woods for the parapet design as prepared in the building plans.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by joyousmother2016: 12:59am On Jun 12, 2021
Such a beautiful building.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 4:00am On Jun 12, 2021
joyousmother2016:
Such a beautiful building.

Thank you, our intention is to make each work we do to stand out, and be even more beautiful than planned.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 4:02am On Jun 12, 2021
Treating more wall surfaces here, maximum smoothness is what we aim to achieve ............

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 4:09am On Jun 12, 2021
We've been working to get the windows of this house ready, nearly all the smaller windows are ready, remaining the larger ones...........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 11:58am On Jun 12, 2021
We are still doing walls this morning.........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra by spyder880(m): 12:00pm On Jun 12, 2021
Completed sides of yesterday..........

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (46) (Reply)

The 1991 Receipt For 3 Bags Of Cement Found In His Grandma's Box (Photo) / Cost Of Digging A Borehole For Water? / Most Expensive Buildings In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.