Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

I Want To Share My Experience, See What Happened To Me. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Share My Experience, See What Happened To Me. (1050 Views)

Wife Calls Husband's Side Chick On The Phone. See What Happened / The Moment Little Boy Caught His Dad Cheating On His Mum. See What Happened / Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Share My Experience, See What Happened To Me. by Iamdbull: 7:09am On Mar 07, 2021
So I posted here a couple of months ago, that I was depressed for using my life savings to record a song, here is the link. https://www.nairaland.com/6384768/just-recorded-song-life-savings
I got a lot of encouragement here from some great and amazing people. So i became positive, traveled to the studio with drinks(shayo), to ginger the producers, then also went again after two weeks to monitor the work, after another week and the song was not ready, I had to travelled the 3rd time and it was then they told me the song was sounding substandard that I need to voice again. It was time to voice but the generator became faulty so I had to travel back without doing anything. Then after a week I travelled to the studio to voice again. Mind you, I did this same song in 2018 and it was good so I decided to go and redo it at a more expensive studio, Boom a 2weeks later which is today the song was out and guess what…… it was total trash, 150k gone.

But guess what, After hearing the track and it was trash, with all my money, efforts, energy gone down the drain, Rather than feeling depressed and suicidal, I felt some joy, energy and hope inside me and I said to myself, “the devil is a liar”. I took myself to an amazing fast food joint ate fried rice and chicken with salad and a bottle of coca cola inside A.C. I relaxed myself, then I left to a quiet place. I logged on to a particular site where there are thousands of free beats and I started listening to them. I listened to almost 100 beats and I wasn’t totaling feeling them, I felt bad, then I thought of giving up on the beat hunt, but I decided to listen to a couple more and boom I saw a beat I liked and luckily it went with a particular song I composed a while ago. I started rehearsing and it was really geling although I felt the beat is not my style but in life nobody knows what works for them until we all give it a trial. Recording this new track wont be a problem financially, since I have seen for myself that expensive studios are more or less not necessary. I have a producer here on nairaland am planning on working with, all I need is to work harder on my singing and vocals and avoid mistakes I made with the last song.

One thing about creativity be it from a Fashion designer, artiste, hairstylist is that, you might envision and picture something and it will be picture perfect In your head, only to bring it to life and its not just it. Thats what causes fight between people and their clients. So if you fall in this category don’t feel you not good enough.

Now the major reason why am doing this and am writing this here is for someone out there that is about to give up on his dreams to see this and know that there is nothing wrong in chasing your dreams, be you a footballer, Fashion designer, artiste, education etc. You are a star, stay focused. My mum has insulted me several times for wasting money on music and have humiliated myself severally but I still deeply believe I have something beautiful to share with the world.

I am DBULL an up and coming artiste and this is my story, God bless you all.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Share My Experience, See What Happened To Me. by kelechiodo(m): 7:14am On Mar 07, 2021
Cool. Wish you success next time.
Re: I Want To Share My Experience, See What Happened To Me. by pozehnani(f): 7:16am On Mar 07, 2021
Happy to see you're staying strong. But please, be sure you a gifted with the talent to sing. And even when you are gifted, I'll advise you go for series of voice control and singing training before putting your money into it.

I'll also advise you pray and ask God to reveal your talents to you or discover it yourself by observing those things you naturally like doing and are very good at. So you're not just doing it because A and B are doing it and making money from it. There must be that thing God deposited in you that you'll do effortlessly and blow within a short time.

Peace.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Share My Experience, See What Happened To Me. by Ayomideen(m): 7:26am On Mar 07, 2021
it is well bro. Up is the way to go
Re: I Want To Share My Experience, See What Happened To Me. by mutter(f): 7:40am On Mar 07, 2021
8 wish you the birst of luck.
My son is on the same path but I advised him to have a plan B....
It was not an easy battle but hopefully he will graduate this year.
There is still enough time to mKe music and be productive
A side huslte should only become a main hustle when you can live on it.
Re: I Want To Share My Experience, See What Happened To Me. by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 07, 2021
You don turn motivational speaker abi?

My friend focus on your craft, nobody really gives a fvck until you have a breakthrough.

Everybody is going through and has gone through shit, what do you need? A path on the back for trying?
Re: I Want To Share My Experience, See What Happened To Me. by stupidmod3: 7:48am On Mar 07, 2021
mutter:

true that same advice i give artist coming to record, get a degree, have a side job n still b a artist.

its helps
Re: I Want To Share My Experience, See What Happened To Me. by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 07, 2021
mutter:
There is no enough time, I respect people that are into music because they are not only competing with the present musicians but also with the ones that are long gone.
Re: I Want To Share My Experience, See What Happened To Me. by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 07, 2021
stupidmod3:

true that same advice i give artist coming to record, get a degree, have a side job n still b a artist.

its helps
I don't think I would want to work with such producer.
Re: I Want To Share My Experience, See What Happened To Me. by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 07, 2021
Very motivating

Always pursue your passion, rather than money

Because, passion give you self fulfillment,satisfaction and self growth.
Re: I Want To Share My Experience, See What Happened To Me. by stupidmod3: 8:08am On Mar 07, 2021
CamusMidas:

I don't think I would want to work with such producer.
wat type
Re: I Want To Share My Experience, See What Happened To Me. by Richy4(m): 8:08am On Mar 07, 2021
I LIKE YOUR FIGHTING SPIRIT....
Re: I Want To Share My Experience, See What Happened To Me. by anthonyuncle(m): 9:25am On Mar 08, 2021
work on your lyrics
Re: I Want To Share My Experience, See What Happened To Me. by Iamdbull: 9:55am On Mar 08, 2021
Crimpsy:
Very motivating

Always pursue your passion, rather than money

Because, passion give you self fulfillment,satisfaction and self growth.
nice

(1) (Reply)

Why Do You Regret Getting Married / Help Me Solve This Dilemma / If You Ever Find Out Your Son Is Into Yahoo-yahoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.