Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! (10712 Views)

I’m Fed Up With My Childless Marriage - Wife Tells Court / I Have Not Travelled Home For 10 Years? Help / Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by Hathor5(f): 7:14am On Mar 08, 2021
cococandy:

Very well.

But This is also not the right time to advise him to go find another woman. Wonder why those posts are okay but my factual posts about abortion not being the cause of infertility is not at the right time.

I do think it’s appropriate because for one I’m not arguing with him. I’m giving him factual information.

Maybe if he stops dwelling on the wrong cause of his problem, a solution might come his way sooner.

The resentment he feels towards his wife, I’m sure she knows and feels it too. Negative feelings and stress can hinder the hormonal conditions that increase the possibilities of conception.

What happened to for better for worse?

5 Likes

Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by Malawian(m): 7:59am On Mar 08, 2021
IntentionTremor:

The first pregnancy was after some rounds of fertility treatment after two years wait. All the same it's history. The way forward is the main thing now.
Are you sure about your conclusion, that RARELY does abortions (D n C) cause infertility?
Well , feel free to educate my ignorance. Thanks
As an aside, why not go on a full month of multivitamin supplements (both of you), while also (very important for both of you), abstain from alcohol of any kind. You might be suprised
Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by eseh1(f): 8:23am On Mar 08, 2021
I'm so sorry about all these. I can't say I know how you feel, but I'm sure your wife can cos she's in the same shoes or even worse.
Please I do not think there's anything wrong with surrogacy. Please rethink it and embrace that option please.

I dunno about polygamy because it has its own wahala and divorce ain't the promise of for better for worse you made to her bro especially if the only problem you have with her is this child bearing issue.

Please have a rethink on surrogacy if you can afford it . It doesn't make you less of a man.

May God be with you both.
Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by GboyegaD(m): 8:37am On Mar 08, 2021
IntentionTremor:

I asked during the courtship. Like you said, I was love struck.. that's why I went ahead to the altar. My brother the only male thing in the family drives me crazy the most. Again, if the abortion was for me, then it's a different ball game...maybe I would have been less agitated. I am really really thinking harder about going out of this marriage for my progeny and sanity.
Thanks

All I will say is be careful as "not all that glitters are gold".

IntentionTremor:

I make bold to say NO WOMAN HAS ABORTED FOR ME.
Surrogacy in my case also needs an egg donor plus the surrogate mom! Thinking about it gets me so angry.
While dating I always stated I wanted CHILDREN early that's why I was getting married early.... I was less than 30 when we even married cause of how much I wanted to have the kids early! Alas!

Hasn't this taught you anything whatsoever lesson about fate?
Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by BigDick70inch(m): 9:05am On Mar 08, 2021
IntentionTremor:

Thanks. I have been mute but decided to open up here so I am not swallowed up. If peace you mean is to keep quiet and keep repeating cycles... Then I don't understand you.

Mehn!!!
U really a man Oo........

Won't go this far...............knowing fully well I got married to someone who aborted in the past...........probably due to her spending her fruitful day with one irresponsible guy............

The only reason.........that could ever make me go 9years and bear all that..........is only if I got married to her as a virgin............

Just get yosef a child and stop wasting time and resources...........she might as well leave u if u couldn't father a child/were in her position..........due to yo reckless life in the past.........
Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by Remijuice: 9:16am On Mar 08, 2021
Please, the OP do not have hatred for his wife. He called her beautiful. This is for those of you trying to emotionally blackmail the him.

Talk to him as if he is your blood brother in this kind of situation.

*He has stated that he doesn't want to think of surrogacy. #respect_that.

*He made it clear he doesn't want adoption. Knowing fully well that he is OK.

*The first pregnancy was after some rounds of fertility treatment after two years wait.

*A tissue damage could possibly be as a result of the abortion she had for another man, who left her and now the OP is facing a fertility problem.

*They have been together for 9 years.

*He is the only son of his father.

*They have done over 5 IVF

*The op is already down and looking for a way forward..

1, would you advise your blood brother to continue waiting?

Or...

We are all here to learn.
Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by kimoyo: 11:03am On Mar 08, 2021
IntentionTremor:

Wow!!! What great light at the end of that tunnel! Congrats man!!! I celebrate you. That tunnel is so dark..! How long was your wait?
Sure I have made up my mind but needed to share a little so I don't explode.

Thanks. 5+ years. It was really dark. I wish you all the best
Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by Greenlandncom(m): 11:14am On Mar 08, 2021
IntentionTremor:
So I married this beautiful lady after dating for one year. Two years after wedding we had a still birth of our 9 month pregnancy! 9 years later we are yet to achieve another pregnancy naturally.

Summarily, we have had 5 failed IVF cycles to our history of search for solution.

It's all making me sick. Mentally sick! In 2 years we'll both be age 40!! And I am the only male in my family!

Our last resort seems to be surrogacy! But I haven't had the sanity to give it a thought talk less of a try - even as she wants us to! It makes me more SICK!

These fertility treatment failures have made me hate, resent and despise her so much that we are now flatmates.

Because she had an abortion for her boyfriend while in school. I BLAME HER RIGHT NOW FOR THIS WHOLE SHIT.

I WANT A DIVORCE? Yes or No? Talk to me.

Try any of this products: Proceive or Fertiaid. Buy for both of you and take it religiously.

Also try and seek Spiritual help, who knows it maybe utterly Spiritual.
Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by ThatPetiteChic: 11:31am On Mar 08, 2021
IntentionTremor:

HSG wasn't good.
All these were precursors to the thousand and one lab tests and imaging procedures done before and during the ivfs etc.

I really feel for you sir. A family member of mine(female) is over 50 and hasn't conceived so I really understand what you're passing through.

If it's possible to take eggs from your wife and your sperm, then I suggest you open your mind to surrogacy. Though, it will be costly but it's your last resort. BUT if extracting eggs from your is wife impossible, pls sir, get another lady to bear you a child. All these options shouldn't stop you from loving your wife because she's also passing through a lot. Both of you need each other's support.

Baby dust to you sir.
Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by johhbekeboh09: 11:47am On Mar 08, 2021
IntentionTremor:
So I married this beautiful lady after dating for one year. Two years after wedding we had a still birth of our 9 month pregnancy! 9 years later we are yet to achieve another pregnancy naturally.

Summarily, we have had 5 failed IVF cycles to our history of search for solution.

It's all making me sick. Mentally sick! In 2 years we'll both be age 40!! And I am the only male in my family!

Our last resort seems to be surrogacy! But I haven't had the sanity to give it a thought talk less of a try - even as she wants us to! It makes me more SICK!

These fertility treatment failures have made me hate, resent and despise her so much that we are now flatmates.

Because she had an abortion for her boyfriend while in school. I BLAME HER RIGHT NOW FOR THIS WHOLE SHIT.

I WANT A DIVORCE? Yes or No? Talk to me.

Join a facebook group named DO IT YOURSELF (DIY)
The platform practically address diverse health problems via use of herbs with good results
Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by tchidi066(f): 12:01pm On Mar 08, 2021
JidennaJason:
grin

The two clowns above me....
Guy do you have a conscience at all, cause I've gone through this thread and seen how you reek of evil, telling a man to do away with his wedded wife because she has no child, what if that lady was your sister, will you give him same advice, desist from your wickedness, because it will come back to haunt you!
Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 08, 2021
tchidi066:

Guy do you have a conscience at all, cause I've gone through this thread and seen how you reek of evil, telling a man to do away with his wedded wife because she has no child, what if that lady was your sister, will you give him same advice, desist from your wickedness, because it will come back to haunt you!
I just checked your profile picture and I noticed that you're a beauty without brain... I "reek" of evil because I was the one who persuade her to have reckless sex and kill an innocent child?

Do you know that God frowns at abortion? Even nature too? Have you sat your silly ass down to reason if the aborted innocent child was her only chance of becoming a mother? I guess NO, but you were quick enough to stretch your tiny fingers to type bullshit...

By the way, if the lady was my sister, I will still give IntentionTremor the same advise and even more because I am not a hypocrite like most of you.

She has damaged her womb in her reckless sexual fantasies with her ex boyfriend, now the innocent IntentionTremor is bearing the consequences of her irresponsible behavior....

Like I said before, "I am not a nice person"

Now desist from jumping into my mention.

Rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by cococandy(f): 12:26pm On Mar 08, 2021
Hathor5:

they only remember it when the guy is cheating or beating the woman. But when an actual situation that requires that commitment comes, it’s silence. It’s not like he was deceived into the marriage.

OP listen to those who are asking you to step outside. But before then, set your wife free.
She might be lucky to conceive with someone else.

14 Likes

Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by eyinjuege: 1:01pm On Mar 08, 2021
femi4:
You don't need to divorce her, marry another woman or have a child outside your wedlock

What if she is able to conceive naturally with someone else?
She was able to do it before even though had a still birth then.
Who knows if it is some genetic incompatibility between them, and perhaps she may be able to carry to term and have a live baby with someone else.
I guess it's better he discusses with his wife about it though.
I really wish them the best because I understand it can be so difficult when you're trying to conceive and it's not happening. It takes someone with a very strong heart not to give up or not to fall into depression.

6 Likes

Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by michaeljh241: 1:14pm On Mar 08, 2021
Go to a marriage counselor, he should be able to help. Or maybe you need medication.
Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by IntentionTremor: 3:31pm On Mar 08, 2021
Saintmary:

I know it's not easy, both financially and psychologically,
Whatever you decide, I wish you all the best.

Thank you
Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by IntentionTremor: 3:40pm On Mar 08, 2021
eyinjuege:

You mentioned tissue deformity on HSG. Was she born with a uterus deformity or they found adhesions?
I'm sure before IVF attempts, they would have tried to correct the ?tissue deformity.
Abortions when done safely like I mentioned earlier should not cause infertility.
By safe- use of sterilised equipments by professionals.
Anyway, there are always options.
1. What worries you about surrogacy as an option?
If you can afford it, why not?
The embryo is still for you and your wife since they will be using your swimmers and her eggs.
Infertility can be tough, but it's a challenge that can be overcome especially when you have the wherewithal to make it happen.
2. If you're tired of the marriage and the challenges and can't bear to do anything more, another option is to discuss with your wife and let everybody go their separate ways.
3. If you both agree to have a polygamous marriage
4. Adoption
5. Etc
Sorry to hear about all the stress your family has had to go through.

Edit: I'm reading the thread piecemeal so missing some info/updates .
If you really cannot bear it anymore, get a divorce. I pray you both get your hearts desires even if with separate partners.

I appreciate your time. No. 2 sounds to reason right now. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by IntentionTremor: 3:44pm On Mar 08, 2021
femi4:
You don't need to divorce her, marry another woman or have a child outside your wedlock

Won't it be more complicated?

Moreso it's a criminal offence to remarry while still legally married to another.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by IntentionTremor: 3:46pm On Mar 08, 2021
Hathor5:

It is skewed. To the right, if it is for you. And to the left if it is against you - my case!

4 Likes

Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by IntentionTremor: 3:50pm On Mar 08, 2021
Malawian:

As an aside, why not go on a full month of multivitamin supplements (both of you), while also (very important for both of you), abstain from alcohol of any kind. You might be suprised

Multivitamins make the list of all fertility therapy which we have been on and she's still on as I type.

Alcohol is on a very light note for us - we are social drinkers. Thanks
Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by IntentionTremor: 3:55pm On Mar 08, 2021
eseh1:
I'm so sorry about all these. I can't say I know how you feel, but I'm sure your wife can cos she's in the same shoes or even worse.
Please I do not think there's anything wrong with surrogacy. Please rethink it and embrace that option please.

I dunno about polygamy because it has its own wahala and divorce ain't the promise of for better for worse you made to her bro especially if the only problem you have with her is this child bearing issue.

Please have a rethink on surrogacy if you can afford it . It doesn't make you less of a man.

May God be with you both.

Amen to your prayers. Truly nothing is wrong with the surrogacy option if I were you. But it has refused to sink in my head. It rather flares me up like...

ThankS for your empathy
Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by IntentionTremor: 3:58pm On Mar 08, 2021
GboyegaD:

All I will say is be careful as "not all that glitters are gold".

Hasn't this taught you anything whatsoever lesson about fate?

Yes, you are right. Life is a mess; one way or the other! Thanks
Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by IntentionTremor: 4:00pm On Mar 08, 2021
BigDick70inch:

Mehn!!!
U really a man Oo........

Won't go this far...............knowing fully well I got married to someone who aborted in the past...........probably due to her spending her fruitful day with one irresponsible guy............

The only reason.........that could ever make me go 9years and bear all that..........is only if I got married to her as a virgin............

Just get yosef a child and stop wasting time and resources...........she might as well leave u if u couldn't father a child/were in her position..........due to yo reckless life in the past.........

Thanks bro. But you're blunt sha, lol

2 Likes

Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 08, 2021
IntentionTremor:

We have explored many options to the point we are now. Moving forward from here now is the main objective of this thread.
Thanks
May God answer you and wifey's prayers soon, IJN. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by Truthman(m): 4:04pm On Mar 08, 2021
@intentionTremor,
I fully understand your feelings and what you are going through. My wife and I were childless for eleven years before we had our child. We went through two IVF treatments, the first being unsuccessful. We ended up doing the second one outside the country and God answered our prayers.

You need to love and cherish your wife, going through 5 IVF cycles is not an easy experience, I am quite sure she is drained out and emotionally wrecked by now. You strengthen her by standing by her through her difficult moments, bailing out on her now does not guarantee you will have kids with another woman.
I will advise you to channel your energy towards saving your marriage.

Wishing you all the best.

8 Likes

Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by IntentionTremor: 4:06pm On Mar 08, 2021
Remijuice:
Please, the OP do not have hatred for his wife. He called her beautiful. This is for those of you trying to emotionally blackmail the him.

Talk to him as if he is your blood brother in this kind of situation.

*He has stated that he doesn't want to think of surrogacy. #respect_that.

*He made it clear he doesn't want adoption. Knowing fully well that he is OK.

*The first pregnancy was after some rounds of fertility treatment after two years wait.

*A tissue damage could possibly be as a result of the abortion she had for another man, who left her and now the OP is facing a fertility problem.

*They have been together for 9 years.

*He is the only son of his father.

*They have done over 5 IVF

*The op is already down and looking for a way forward..

1, would you advise your blood brother to continue waiting?

Or...

We are all here to learn.

You just amplified the tantrums in my head most nights!!!!!!!!
They're driving me crazzzy! You spoke so brotherly! Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by IntentionTremor: 4:10pm On Mar 08, 2021
kimoyo:

Thanks. 5+ years. It was really dark. I wish you all the best

Thanks man! Lucky you!
Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by IntentionTremor: 4:17pm On Mar 08, 2021
Greenlandncom:

Try any of this products: Proceive or Fertiaid. Buy for both of you and take it religiously.

Also try and seek Spiritual help, who knows it maybe utterly Spiritual.

Yes, we learnt of those products from a TTC thread on NL. And guess what we tried them.

Lol, uterrly spiritual?? Hahahaha
Thanks anyway for the comic relief
Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by IntentionTremor: 4:24pm On Mar 08, 2021
ThatPetiteChic:

I really feel for you sir. A family member of mine(female) is over 50 and hasn't conceived so I really understand what you're passing through.

If it's possible to take eggs from your wife and your sperm, then I suggest you open your mind to surrogacy. Though, it will be costly but it's your last resort. BUT if extracting eggs from your is wife impossible, pls sir, get another lady to bear you a child. All these options shouldn't stop you from loving your wife because she's also passing through a lot. Both of you need each other's support.

Baby dust to you sir.

Thanks. Love? I stopped loving her some years now after the third failure.. I still do all I should do for her as her man...but THAT love! I'm afraid it's gone with the pain I feel each day!
Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by IntentionTremor: 4:27pm On Mar 08, 2021
johhbekeboh09:

Join a facebook group named DO IT YOURSELF (DIY)
The platform practically address diverse health problems via use of herbs with good results

Thanks.
Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by IntentionTremor: 4:35pm On Mar 08, 2021
michaeljh241:
Go to a marriage counselor, he should be able to help. Or maybe you need medication.

Hahahahahahaha
Indeed I need medication my dear! What a laugh!
Thanks. And I'm waiting for your prescriptions
Re: Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression! by IntentionTremor: 4:42pm On Mar 08, 2021
aroundtheearth:
May God answer you and wifey's prayers soon, IJN. Amen.

Amen!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Five Practical Ways To Help A Child Who Doesn’t Like Going To School / How Do You Survive A Loveless Marriage? / Hot Topics- Everyday Woman (women Come And Talk About Your Deepest Fears)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.